Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:52 AM

US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery (3406 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Statement On Buratai's Alleged Role In Arms Deal Scandal / PDP Releases Statement On Alamieyeseigha Death / President Jonathan Releases Statement On 2015 Presidential Election Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by gbadexy(m): 12:24am On Aug 09, 2014
Dr. Kent Brantly, the American doctor infected
with Ebola released a statement Friday afternoon
— his first since being brought back to the U.S.
Brantly was working for humanitarian
organization Samaritan’s Purse in West Africa,
treating Ebola patients at a Liberia hospital when
he contracted the deadly virus. On Saturday,
August 2, he was flown to Emory University
Hospital, where he has been in isolation while
receiving care.
He released the following statement through
Samaritan’s Purse:
“I am writing this update from my isolation room
at Emory University Hospital, where the doctors
and nurses are providing the very best care
possible. I am growing stronger every day, and I
thank God for His mercy as I have wrestled with
this terrible disease. I also want to extend my
deep and sincere thanks to all of you who have
been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy
and for the people of Liberia and West Africa.
“My wife Amber and I, along with our two
children, did not move to Liberia for the specific
purpose of fighting Ebola. We went to Liberia
because we believe God called us to serve Him at
ELWA Hospital.
“One thing I have learned is that following God
often leads us to unexpected places. When Ebola
spread into Liberia, my usual hospital work turned
more and more toward treating the increasing
number of Ebola patients. I held the hands of
countless individuals as this terrible disease took
their lives away from them. I witnessed the horror
firsthand, and I can still remember every face and
name.
“When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday
morning, I immediately isolated myself until the
test confirmed my diagnosis three days later.
When the result was positive, I remember a deep
sense of peace that was beyond all
understanding. God was reminding me of what
He had taught me years ago, that He will give me
everything I need to be faithful to Him.
“Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally
different setting. My focus, however, remains the
same—to follow God. As you continue to pray for
Nancy and me, yes, please pray for our recovery.
More importantly, pray that we would be faithful
to God’s call on our lives in these new
circumstances.”
Fellow American Nancy Writebol, who was
working for U.S. mission group SIM, was also
infected with Ebola. She returned to the U.S.
Tuesday and is also at Emory receiving treatment.
In a press conference August 1st, Emory’s Dr.
Bruce Ribner, said this would be the first time a
patient with the Ebola virus would be treated in
the U.S. and Emory is taking safety precautions
seriously.
The patients were placed in the hospital’s
containment unit, which is discrete from the rest
of the hospital.
Retired Army General escapes kidnap attack, kills

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/us-doctor-infected-ebola-releases-statement-thanking-god-recovery/

8 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by meforyou1(m): 12:38am On Aug 09, 2014
He was cured by secret serum, which we need in Nigeria badly

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 09, 2014
At last!!!

Obama we ate dummies and we know it

but please can you kindly send these drugs to Africa?
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Ezyp(m): 12:42am On Aug 09, 2014
[size=14pt]Nigella sativa[/size] : i think we should consider the use of this drug
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by lilprinze: 12:52am On Aug 09, 2014
i c no reason we should nt b given diz drug ooo, nw dat it has nt spread very well or iz it until after it wipe out d whole Africa dat dy would giv us d drug
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by sovpounds(m): 1:07am On Aug 09, 2014
noted.

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 1:12am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Kanwulia: 3:04am On Aug 09, 2014
“I am writing this update from my isolation room
at Emory University Hospital, [size=20pt]where the doctors
and nurses are providing the very best care
possible.
[/size] I am growing stronger every day, and I
this terrible disease

Gosssssssssssssssssh!!!!
I loooooooooooove this country called THE USA!!!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by jeski(m): 3:49am On Aug 09, 2014
i salute your courage and strong resolve to follow God #men of honour# God keep and bless you

7 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by NLEFCC(m): 4:22am On Aug 09, 2014
Responsible government, Responsible health workers.........Africa remains retarded.

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Chai,God why did you create me to this cesspit called Nigeria? If someone dies in Nigeria,he can't go to hellfire again,cos he/she would have been through hell while alive..African leaders are worst than the devil himself..
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by expert1000: 4:59am On Aug 09, 2014
Dia is notin GOD cannot do.if HE had awaken d dead hw much more ebola victim.

5 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by amiskurie(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2014
Sooner,you will know who the devils are.
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2014
Thank God for his life
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 6:17am On Aug 09, 2014
Yomieluv: Chai,God why did you create me to this cesspit called Nigeria? If someone dies in Nigeria,he can't go to hellfire again,cos he/she would have been through hell while alive..African leaders are worst than the devil himself..
Please Nigeria is not a cesspit.
Stop buying into imperialist machinations.

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by chinnelle(f): 6:21am On Aug 09, 2014
oh God!
pls America should give us the trial drug oh
its better than no drug at all and dying
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Compliance(m): 6:30am On Aug 09, 2014
Obama is actually trying to wait for millions of folks to get down with the vurus, so he can make more revenue for the U. S. He is also waiting for the time he can feel like the saviour of Africa.... Nonsense! What are our own medical professors, pharmacists and researchers doing? Must we always look towards America?? if you are a medical scientist or researcher or you operate a related discipline, go tell others you are failing the nation. NIGERIA! WAKE UP, AMERICA IS NOT SUPERIOR.

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by VantagePoint: 6:39am On Aug 09, 2014
Ezyp: [size=14pt]Nigella sativa[/size] : i think we should consider the use of this drug
Why?
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by clip: 6:57am On Aug 09, 2014
[b]
gbadexy:
He released the following statement through
Samaritan’s Purse:
“I am writing this update from my isolation.
I am growing stronger every day, and I
this terrible disease.
I also want to extend my
deep and sincere thanks to all of you who have
been praying for my recovery as well as for Nancy
and for the people of Liberia and West Africa.
“My wife Amber and I, along with our two
children, did not move to Liberia for the specific
purpose of fighting Ebola.
We went to Liberia
because we believe God called us to serve Him at
ELWA Hospital.
“One thing I have learned is that following God
often leads us to unexpected places.
“When I started feeling ill on that Wednesday
morning, I immediately isolated myself until the
test confirmed my diagnosis three days later.
When the result was positive, I remember a deep
sense of peace that was beyond all
understanding. God was reminding me of what
He had taught me years ago, that He will give me
everything I need to be faithful to Him.
“Now it is two weeks later, and I am in a totally
different setting. My focus, however, remains the
same—to follow God. As you continue to pray for
Nancy and me, yes, please pray for our recovery.
More importantly, pray that we would be faithful
to God’s call on our lives in these new
circumstances.”/
[/b]
I love your love for God and obedient to His Word at d expense of your life.
You have challenged me to serve God more till death join us together forever.

7 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by collynzov5: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2014
The US obviously has a cure for the disease.
These people are far ahead of us, that is why I laugh when we try to rub shoulders with them just because a black guy emerged as best graduating student in one of their schools.
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2014
I waka many village anywhere in Africa

Pastor's house na him dey fine pass

My people them dey stay for poor surroundings

Pastor's dress na him dey clean pass

E hard for my people for them to buy soap

Pastor na him them give respect pass

And them do bad bad bad bad bad bad things

Through Jesus Christ our Lord
(Amen, Amen, Amen!)...

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 09, 2014
The recovering doctor is such a noble human being but the credit/glory should go to those diligent scientists working night and day to develop a cure, not some invisible god

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2014
M
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 09, 2014
I love being a Christian!

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by arewafederation: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2014
quid: I waka many village anywhere in Africa

Pastor's house na him dey fine pass

My people them dey stay for poor surroundings

Pastor's dress na him dey clean pass

E hard for my people for them to buy soap

Pastor na him them give respect pass

Through Jesus Christ our Lord
(Amen, Amen, Amen!)...

Are you refering to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor?
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 09, 2014
arewafederation:

Are you refering to Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor?
Oritsejafor is a great man.
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2014
I say, look Yar'Adua!

I say, look Yar'Adua!

Before anything at all, him go dey shout:

"Habba Allah, habba Allah, habba Allah!"

"Habba Allah, habba Allah!"

And them do, yes yes

Through Mohammed our Lord

(Amen, Amen, Amen!)

By the grace of Almighty Allah
(Amen, Amen, Amen!)

1 Like

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 09, 2014
Thank God for you.
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Rinzman(m): 8:19am On Aug 09, 2014
Thank God for his Life...Its basically GOD and nothing more!
Am wondering when AFRICAN leaders will begin to think more about her citizens than themselves.

This report goes to show us how TRUE leaders (e.g US)value the lives of her citizenry.
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by mrking3(m): 8:38am On Aug 09, 2014
Wow .. What a pep talk! His message is quite inspiring! I hope some extremist somewhere are reading this? They should take a cue on what A RELIGION OF PEACE! Is .....

5 Likes

Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by mrking3(m): 8:43am On Aug 09, 2014
Mods delete this pls .. Made double entry
Re: US Doctor Infected By Ebola Releases Statement Thanking God For Recovery by Nostalgia21(m): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2014
Cool.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Blood In Their Eyes / Stop Dragging Us Into Biafra , Anioma People Of Delta Tell Agitators / Tomorrow Is Operation Kick Willie Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.