Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,962 members, 7,927,869 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 01:32 AM

Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? (12761 Views)

Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (YEAP) / BECOME MILLIONAIRES THROUGH EDIBLE MUSHROOM CULTIVATION AND SPAWN PRODUCTION / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by EejaNla01(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
some people ill come here and start forming pro in english,after 1 or 2 have corrected the op,i see no reason why every1 should start repeating d same thing in different version

@topic,i feel 5 years is much even at 4th year practical year am already tired,i expect we do much practical in our fields so as to stand on our own after school .
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
EejaNla01: some people ill come here and start forming pro in english,after 1 or 2 have corrected the op,i see no reason why every1 should start repeating d same thing in different version

@topic,i feel 5 years is much even at 4th year practical year am already tired,i expect we do much practical in our fields so as to stand on our own after school .

i think they have gotten the right channel to express there brilliance...
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2014
Aizebioje:
You're welcome. Don't appreciate you rude tone but you're welcome anyway.

my oga @ the top...i they hail ooo
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
As an agricultural science graduate,i believe five years is too long to obtain a B.Agric degree.

I'm presently studying for my MSc (Environmental Management), and due to the nature of my programme, we have students from all over Africa. Most of them spent only 3years (Yes, I said THREE years) studying the same courses we did (E.g, my Ethiopian colleague studied Crop Science).

The problem is that we spend so much time studying things that are not really relevant to the present, and so little time on the things that matter.

I think Four years is enough to learn everything I need to know about agriculture from a school. I'll learn the rest in my farm.

1 Like

Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by lizchi1(f): 5:57am On Aug 12, 2014
what about food science and technology students that obtains B.sc degree and still studys for 5 yrs?
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 6:13am On Aug 12, 2014
TheRainmaker1: As an agricultural science graduate,i believe five years is too long to obtain a B.Agric degree.

I'm presently studying for my MSc (Environmental Management), and due to the nature of my programme, we have students from all over Africa. Most of them spent only 3years (Yes, I said THREE years) studying the same courses we did (E.g, my Ethiopian colleague studied Crop Science).

The problem is that we spend so much time studying things that are not really relevant to the present, and so little time on the things that matter.

I think Four years is enough to learn everything I need to know about agriculture from a school. I'll learn the rest in my farm.

that is d most upseting part of all....they repeat thesame and claiming to impact knowledge on the students.....
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 6:18am On Aug 12, 2014
lizchi1: what about food science and technology students that obtains B.sc degree and still studys for 5 yrs?

food science and technology (FST),is a discipline under agriculture. I wonder why it is awarded BSc in your school?? Yes is also five years programme.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by doctuw(m): 10:41am On Aug 12, 2014
neyur:
alright dude, i know you want to create an awearnes that you were here. Have seen you! Can you now find something to do with your day instead bussy checking on one's spellings and grammers?
If you are sure of yourself,you can as well put a write-up in other and post it as have done.......dorosabi
If you are intelligent enough, why not just go to my profile and read my threads. You are just too dumb for a 21 century graduate.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by lyntiffany(f): 6:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
juanmiguel: Oh my dear! U also forgot to add accounting as a final year course. I'm a graduate of agric economics and extension. I must tell u i don't regret it 1 bit. I had d opportunity to lecture ND2 students in 1 of the polytechnics in lagos state during my service year. It was fun. Ride on!
including marketing. Am an agricultural economist graduate too and I don't regret it, rather I soar high in it.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by SenatorJames(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
neyur: Have'nt been through ds discipline for complete five years,i came 2 realised agriculture does not worth d five years programm...supose d courses under d faculty of agriculture ar splitted just like everyother courses in science zone i tink d work load will b reduce n does 1 will not end up been jack of trade n master of none...imgine wen u said ur studying science..it asumed u r studying physcis,chemistry,biology,mathematics,geography n the agriculture itself...bt dis is not so, cuz every course were split n thus ds reduce d work load on d student under ds faculty....so if thesame method is applied 2 agriculture,i tink d students will also find it more easier n intresting in d field...imagine u studying agriculture,along side u will b given many course with subordinate like soil science,animal science,crop science,fishery forestry and many other which i cld not mentioned.all ds ar time consuming...in view of these ar xpress ma opinion, i wouldnt know if agreed or disagreed with my story....bt let hear from you,did u tink d five years programme worth it or not
@Op, i pity you with the situation you put yourself, it was comment about 5 years agricultural courses you posted, but the great nairalanders had turned it to GCE english class.

@topic, the problem is not the 5 years for agricultural courses, but the quality of the course content. I have always been an advocator of more practical than theory for faculty of agricultural sciences. But the opposite is the case in most university in Nigeria.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by SenatorJames(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
lyntiffany: including marketing. Am an agricultural economist graduate too and I don't regret it, rather I soar high in it.
My fellow graduate of agricultural economics, how is life out there? Accept my econometrics greeting.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by lyntiffany(f): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2014
SenatorJames: My fellow graduate of agricultural economics, how is life out there? Accept my econometrics greeting.
Life is good dear, hope your fairing well too smiley
SenatorJames: My fellow graduate of agricultural economics, how is life out there? Accept my econometrics greeting.
Life is good dear, hope your fairing well too? that's my official no there on my sig you can add me up on whatsapp let's chat.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by juanmiguel: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
hahahahahaha! That was one of the courses i enjoyed in school then.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by BCJAY(f): 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2014
Honestly speaking i am just hearing it for the first time, i thought it is four years like the other sciences.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
SenatorJames: @Op, i pity you with the situation you put yourself, it was comment about 5 years agricultural courses you posted, but the great nairalanders had turned it to GCE english class.

@topic, the problem is not the 5 years for agricultural courses, but the quality of the course content. I have always been an advocator of more practical than theory for faculty of agricultural sciences. But the opposite is the case in most university in Nigeria.

i wonder ooo
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
doctuw:
If you are intelligent enough, why not just go to my profile and read my threads. You are just too dumb for a 21 century graduate.

was it the one have read or the one you are about to post?..i made lots of error in my write up,which i explained why it happens.but your point of insunuating is just to create awearnes of your foolishness and dubious grammers you had put down on your profile. You think have gotten such time to exchange words with you? Sorry,incase you dont know,what happened on my write up was laziness and haste to drop the thread. You deer open your zipless rush-hour mouth with your tumour brain to referd your UNCLE not me a worst GRADUATE of his century. Chiarman! No b only u sabi vomit rubbish, everybody does.just that, one need to be eschewed so as to maintian his diginity..
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
BCJAY: Honestly speaking i am just hearing it for the first time, i thought it is four years like the other sciences.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
BCJAY: Honestly speaking i am just hearing it for the first time, i thought it is four years like the other sciences.

are you serious,where you schooling?
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by robonski15(m): 2:18am On Aug 13, 2014

I thought the same also not until now lol.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 5:53am On Aug 13, 2014
robonski15:

I thought the same also not until now lol.

www.agricnetwork.com

may be because is not your area of unterest.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 5:54am On Aug 13, 2014
neyur:

may be because is not your area of interest.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by BCJAY(f): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2014
neyur:

are you serious,where you schooling?
Sorry i am a teacher i did NCE but my son is studying Agric Engine in ABU i even thought that five yrs is much for him not knowing i am in for more shocker from Agric
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 9:39am On Aug 15, 2014
BCJAY: Sorry i am a teacher i did NCE but my son is studying Agric Engine in ABU i even thought that five yrs is much for him not knowing i am in for more shocker from Agric

wow! That's great sir..wushing him all the best and you
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2014
5yrs not too bad at all
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by BCJAY(f): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
I am a lady but you are welcome. Wishing you the best in your endeavours too.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by neyur: 10:18pm On Aug 18, 2014
BCJAY: I am a lady but you are welcome. Wishing you the best in your endeavours too.

sorry,i did not bog-in to your profile to know you sex..fank you so much

1 Like

Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by Moyanbe(m): 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
studying agriculture may worth the five years or not..it depends on how you see it. Am an agricultural student of Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta. in short form(Funaab) and am proud to be. As an agric student,I do visit farmers,check what they practise and how its being done. I later see that most of the practise are not improved,but for me,I can't do that cos I believe that there must be a research field and use the result gotten to improve the farming system
To cut my long story short,agriculture is a complex science with many branches... so the five years may be applicable
Thanks
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by mogentle(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
overhypedsteve:
5 years just to learn how to plant corn and feed fowl.
Error, it's far more than that. I'm a professional quality control expert in livestock production with Msc in Agric Biochem & Nutrition and Ist degree in Animal Science. You cant dive into my area with ordinary 1st degree in Agric. @OP, It really worths it.

1 Like

Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
mogentle:

Error, it's far more than that. I'm a professional quality control expert in livestock production with Msc in Agric Biochem & Nutrition and Ist degree in Animal Science. You cant dive into my area with ordinary 1st degree in Agric. @OP, It really worths it.
ok i can understand it better now, you have a 2nd degree in feeding chicken and first degree in chickening congrats my man, you are now a professional chicken man. How did you get to this old post to quote me.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by ayodejy05(m): 10:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
1stUnique:
I think it should be as it is because one aspect in agriculture might not b profitable in terms of business but if u have many knowledge of different aspect of agric, u can easily venture into another profitable aspect.

You are very right. For example, you will be able to apply your knowledge of every aspect if you are about managing of starting an integrated frm where nothing is wasted.
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by farouk0403(m): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
[quote author=ibrahimbabagana post=25393476]agric economics embarassed now in MOBIL as a software develope

Well done sir did you studied Agriculture?
Re: Did U Think Agriculture Deserves D 5years Degree Programme???? by udumajosephchim: 8:00pm On Mar 21, 2022
My fellow Agricultural economist how do we communicate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agro Quote With Pictures / My Broiler Farm (250 Zartech Broilers) Expected To Raise For 8-10 Weeks / Pawpaw Plantation - How Profitable Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.