Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,082 members, 7,946,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy (44076 Views)

Real-life Superheroes: People With Incredible Abilities / Is This How Our Soldiers Are Trained? / The New Shina Rambo As An Evangelist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by cococandy(f): 7:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Reallll badassss
LarrySun: The Best Hollywood Could Come Up With:

Audie Murphy (Audie Murphy) from To Hell and Back: (Image 1)

In To Hell and Back , Audie Murphy plays Audie Murphy, a badass war hero who proves his worth on the battlefield with his awesome badassery. The movie was the highest-grossing film Universal made, a record it held for 20 years until the making of Jaws . That's right, they actually needed a movie
about a giant, man-eating, shark to top Audie Murphy's awesomeness.

Why it Doesn't Compare:

When some Hollywood producer wanted to make a movie based on Murphy's autobiography, he was determined to have Murphy play himself in the film.

Murphy was afraid people would see the complete insane awesomeness the
story had to offer, and think he was embellishing or trying to cash in on his
fame, so he actually had them take parts out for fear that they wouldn't be
believable to a Hollywood audience. Seriously.

SOURCE
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by fydence: 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
mployer:

..and they still got medals?

You can't get a medal with a fabricated war story.
says who? Was the President there? Nor be wetin guys tell am im go believe?
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by bamite(m): 7:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
i'ld luv 2be like dis guyz, but the fact is that i cnt do all that 4d kind of politicians we have now in the country
may be another Nigeria.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by dammytosh: 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
Thanks @LarrySun

You made my evening.

Amazing compilation.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by indomitable234: 7:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hey dick marcinko ought to be on that list,
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nobody mentioned general Sani Abacha
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Dreyl(m): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
I see Badasss
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by taurus21: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Where is our own Sergeant Rogers on that list? Heard he was a badas* soldier known for being a very good sharp shooter to being very intelligent during his days.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by mystmoze(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
shei na only 1956...1845...1345 soldier people dem de tell us abt? wot abt shakau boko haram leader since 2009 till now
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Arsenate(m): 7:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
the guy who took the job of a "commandor" even though he doesn't know what it entails but "it sound dangerous, and therefore fun"
now that's a badasssmotherfuuker
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
El-Rufai is one of Boko Haram’s commander - Ex Army Chief:

READ @=> http://davidvsnaija..com/2014/08/el-rufai-is-one-of-boko-harams.html
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Tee99(m): 7:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
White death and Audie Murphy
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by initialize(m): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by iluvweed(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
MEN !!!
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
grin
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
LarrySun: #2. Alvin York (Image 1)

Who Was He?

Born to a family of redneck farmers from Tennessee, Alvin York spent much
of his youth getting piss drunk in bars and getting into crazy barfights. When
his friend got killed in one of the aforementioned barfights, he swore off the
liquor, and became a pacifist. When he received his draft notice in 1917, York
filed as a "conscientious objector" but was denied. They shipped his *ss out to basic training.

About a year later, he was one of 17 men designated to sneak around and take out a fortified machine-gun encampment guarding a German railroad. As they were approaching, the gunners spotted them and opened fire, tearing nine of the men to pieces.

What's left of York's troupe (Image 2).

The few survivors that didn't have enormous balls of steel ran away, leaving
York standing there taking fire from 32 heavy machine gunners. As he said in his diary,

"I didn't have time to dodge behind a tree or dive into the brush, I didn't even
have time to kneel or lie down. I had no time no how to do nothing but watch
them-there German machine gunners and give them the best I had. Every
time I seed a German I just touched him off. At first I was shooting from a
prone position; that is lying down; just like we often shoot at the targets in the shooting matches in the mountains of Tennessee; and it was just about the same distance. But the targets here were bigger. I just couldn't miss a
German's head or body at that distance. And I didn't."

After he killed the first 20 men or so, a German lieutenant got five guys
together to try to take this guy from the side. York pulled out his Colt .45
(which only had eight bullets) and killed all of them with it, a practice he
likened to "shoot[ing] wild turkeys back home ." (Image 3)

At this point lieutenant Paul Jurgen Vollmer yelled out over the noise asking if York was English. See, in WWI, no one really took the Americans very
seriously, and everyone thought of them as the rookies. Vollmer figured this
crazy/awesome/ballsy soldier must be some kind of English superman who
was showing these sissy Americans how it was done. When York said he was American, Vollmer replied "Good Lord! If you won't shoot any more I will make them give up."

Ten minutes later, 133 men came walking towards the remains of York's
battalion. Lieutenant Woods, York's superior at first thought it was a German
counter-attack until he saw York, who saluted and said "Corporal York reports with prisoners, sir." When the stunned officer asked how many, York replied "Honest, Lieutenant, I don't know."
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: Major Uchendu.

Biafran Badass. Destroyed 75% of Nigerian 2nd division in Abagana in 1968, with a single bullet.

Even Hollywood is yet to come up with an alternative.

grin shocked grin grin angry wink cheesy grin grin

Yu go kill pessin o!!

Chai!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
MOST AWESOME POST on NL EVERRR!!!!!
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Amya(f): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Cracked.com right? Every word has cracked written all over it.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by ceejayluv(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Cracked.com masterpiece..
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by MsZee(f): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
The white ghost reminds me of a book I read back then, Phantom, The Executioner Mack Bolan
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by UjSizzle(f): 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
OMG the White Death and Churchill were like frigging awesome!! shocked

Was this Cracked? Reads like something they'd write.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
LarrySun: #3. Jack Churchill

Who Was He?

An allied commander in WWII, and an avid fan of surfing, Captain Jack
Malcolm Thorpe Fleming Churchill aka "Fighting Jack Churchill" aka "Mad
Jack" was basically the craziest motherf*cker in the whole damn war.
He volunteered for commando duty, not actually knowing what it entailed, but knowing that it sounded dangerous, and therefore fun. He is best known for saying that "any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed" and, in following with this, for carrying a sword into battle. In WWII.

And not one of those sissy ceremonial things the Marines have. No, Jack
carried a fucking claymore. And he used it, too. He is credited with capturing a total of 42 Germans and a mortar squad in the middle of the night, using only his sword.

Churchill and his team were tasked with capturing a German fortification
creatively called "Point 622." Churchill took the lead, charging ahead of the
group into the dark through the barbed wire and mines, pitching grenades as
he went. Although his unit did their best to catch up, all but six of them were
lost to silly things like death. Of those six, half were wounded and all any of
them had left were pistols. Then a mortar shell swung in and killed/mortally
wounded everyone who wasn't Jack Churchill.

When the Germans found him, he was playing "Will Ye No Come Back Again?" on his bagpipes. Oh, we didn't mention that? He carried them right next to his big freaking sword.

After being sent to a concentration camp, he got bored and left. Just walked
out. They caught him again, and sent him to a new camp. So he left again.
After walking 150 miles with only a rusty can of onions for food, he was picked up by the Americans and sent back to Britain, where he demanded to be sent back into the field, only to find out (with great disappointment) the war had ended while he was on his way there. As he later said to his friends, "If it wasn't for those damn Yanks, we could have kept the war going another 10 years!"

when I told him the African charm would work,he still didnt believe until I convinced him to use it.

#ThankGodIMissedTheTitanicVoyage

#OldManStillOnNLand(c)1800BC

1 Like

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by stijjani: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Google Tommy prince
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by UjSizzle(f): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
And Murphy, Murphy was great too.

I think I might read this 10 more times before calling it a night shocked

2 Likes

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by olajobsmaster(m): 8:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Wow! What a read! Damn! Nice one...
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by olajobsmaster(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
LoL!

UjSizzle: And Murphy, Murphy was great too.

I think I might read this 10 more times before calling it a night shocked
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by whytepawn1(m): 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
I love the military. such a shame that am not one. touching stories I must confess. but these are just those lucky enough to be alive to tell their stories. alot of gallant soldiers lies in their cold graves with their heroic deeds lost forever. all hail the gallant soldiers dead or alive.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by JuanDeDios: 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
viruz007: White Death is a beast!!!!

Audie Murphy not get class biko...

Choi, see men!!! cool shocked
Sorry, but that is nonsense!

What exactly is it that is classless about joining the military at 16, performing incredible feats of bravery, weaning yourself off of antidepressants and then starting another career as a distinguished actor?

1 Like

Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by dominique(f): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Awesome stuff. Had to read about the white death over and over again. I'm definitely bookmarking this topic.
Re: 5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy by JuanDeDios: 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
bolaino: white death is a natural born killer, no wonder he tops the list. white death rocks.
Hayha was maaaaad badass doing all that at -20-40 but still he was shooting at people. York, on the other hand, not only mowed down people, but took 133 hostage - singlehandedly. Mind you, he wasn't dealing with a buncha girls from Abeokuta Girls Grammar School but some battle hardened German soldiers!

York takes the cup!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Will You Describe This Policeman / This Is What Will Happen If Nigerians Are Allowed To Defend Themselves With Guns / 'India Doesn't Have Toilet': Indians And Africans In War Of Words On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.