Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,470 members, 7,968,304 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. (4577 Views)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / You Are A Student And Your Grades Are No Longer Encouraging.. Tips For Improveme / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
When u have low grades in an employment market like Nigeria, u tend to give up on the certificate and find ways to hustle to keep body and soul together and u can make it from there. But those that av high scores tend to keep waiting on a company to give u a job
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
tobechi74: First class students are narrow minded

books or nothing

average students know the importance of personal relations.

Without personal relations, u cant be succesful in life

Dude you are ffucking wrong. Maybe, you're just being pained because you didn't make first class and trying to encourage yourself(useless self appraisal).

Yes! We have narrow minded first class students(most people that got it through la cram la pour) same way we have in other grades and vice versa.

I am sure if census is conducted, the number of employed first class graduate will be higher than other grades.

Quit hating. smiley
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Waspy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
emperortony: New Living Translation. Eccl 9 vs 11
I have observed something else under the sun. The
fastest runner doesn't always win the race, and the
strongest warrior doesn't always win the battle.
The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are
not necessarily wealthy. And those who are
educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all
decided by chance, by being in the right place at
the right time.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

Dude you are ffucking wrong. Maybe, you're just being pained because you didn't make first class and trying to encourage yourself(useless self appraisal).

Yes! We have narrow minded first class students(most people that got it through la cram la pour) same way we have in other grades and vice versa.

I am sure if census is conducted, the number of employed first class graduate will be higher than other grades.

Quit hating. smiley
Nobody is hating anybody.
that's his opinion, live & Let live.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hmm... Just like me.. I was a bad poor student in all my time in school...
Now I can't explain how I got so rich

1 Like

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 10, 2014
EMEKA1MILLION: Hmm... Just like me.. I was a bad poor student in all my time in school...
Now I can't explain how I got so rich
"So" rich
I believe that's an exaggeration.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
rexkexmilan: "So" rich
I believe that's an exaggeration.
nope.. Not an exaggeration....
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by GatJokez(f): 2:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
Sometimes being too smart and knowing it makes one lazy. On the hand - struggling to study makes one work harder and find creative ways to study. Thus, leads to success.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by bigx(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2014
Because they tend to work harder to prove a point and are not confined by the psychological box called education.

It's not a theory or general case though. Only happens with those who fighht the failure tag
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Ade5(m): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Does this assertion have studies to back it up? I want to know how exactly you reached the conclusion hat it's people with bad grades that are often the most successful.
P.S I'm not on the war path, only seeking clarity.
And also, there are other ways to measure success. Measuring success in terms of money is one way but a quite shallow one.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
GatJokez: Sometimes being too smart and knowing it makes one lazy. On the hand - struggling to study makes one work harder and find creative ways to study. Thus, leads to success.
So on point.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by jsunex(m): 4:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Such situation is called Gid's favor
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by duality(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
How many Professors own a University?

3 Likes

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by GoodBoi1(m): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
Professor is the highest rank of the teaching career and they qualify for the position of vice chancellor. These are the people that carry out researches to improve the world we live in, they can be considered as the true celebrities. Their work can not be taken for granted. The world powers are countries that are grounded in knowledge, I won't be suprise if Russia, Germany and even China have their cure for ebola because they got the foundations right. Wish Nigeria emulates them.

1 Like

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
duality: How many Professors own a University?

Another fallacy.

What degree did Wole Soyinka graduate with?

Bros! He came out with 2.1. smiley

Professors are not the most brilliant. You gerrit?
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
GoodBoi1: Professor is the highest rank of the teaching career and they qualify for the position of vice chancellor. [s]These are the people that carry out researches to improve the world we live in, they can be considered as the true celebrities.[/s] Their work can not be taken for granted. The world powers are countries that are grounded in knowledge, I won't be suprise if Russia, Germany and even China have their cure for ebola because they got the foundations right. Wish Nigeria emulates them.

That's a pure lie.

If I graduate as a pharmacist or chemist, I don't have to be a professor before I do a research about some drugs/herbs.

Btw, Professors do little or no research but people practising the profession technically contributes in most of it. smiley
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by gift01: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
FrancisTony: You guys should get a life and stop discouraging brilliant students.

We have successful brilliant student with good grades and unsuccessful ones same way we have successful non-brilliant ones with bad grades and vice versa.

Most of street urchins, barrow pushers, block moulders, houseboys etc are they educated or do they have good grades?

Mtcheww. Enough of these craps.

Stop celebrating how dunce one can be academically.

Smh
its not purely about that friend. Pray you don't get into a demonic department in uni or face some lopsidedness. Life go tell you. I'm not a 'B' material but they nearly changed my name to Fatai(with all due respect to all Fatai's globally). I just packed my things and left them. Today I have 3 jobs am doing- its cos I love freelancing and I'm very vast online. Am also into every legit online biz which I mostly learn't myself and from mentors. I'm not a 9-5 person but God's been faithful. You see, most times life pushes you but you have to know what direction to put yourself. As for me, I can't just take any mess thrown @ me. I'll get my certificate very soon. I may not be well schooled like you guys but highly educated. All the best. See you all @ d top. Thanks
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
gift01: its not purely about that friend. Pray you don't get into a demonic department in uni or face some lopsidedness. Life go tell you. I'm not a 'B' material but they nearly changed my name to Fatai(with all due respect to all Fatai's globally). I just packed my things and left them. Today I have 3 jobs am doing- its cos I love freelancing and I'm very vast online. Am also into every legit online biz which I mostly learn't myself and from mentors. I'm not a 9-5 person but God's been faithful. You see, most times life pushes you but you have to know what direction to put yourself. As for me, I can't just take any mess thrown @ me. I'll get my certificate very soon. I may not be well schooled like you guys but highly educated. All the best. See you all @ d top. Thanks

Yeah. I understand.

OP, was generalising i.e feeling like all B candidate are successful more than A candidate. Smh

1 Like

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by GoodBoi1(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

That's a pure lie.

If I graduate as a pharmacist or chemist, I don't have to be a professor before I do a research about some drugs/herbs.

Btw, Professors do little or no research but people practising the profession technically contributes in most of it. smiley
I never meant that they were the only ones but they are dedicated to it, and I don't think anyone can be a professor without research.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
gift01: its not purely about that friend. Pray you don't get into a demonic department in uni or face some lopsidedness. Life go tell you. I'm not a 'B' material but they nearly changed my name to Fatai(with all due respect to all Fatai's globally). I just packed my things and left them. Today I have 3 jobs am doing- its cos I love freelancing and I'm very vast online. Am also into every legit online biz which I mostly learn't myself and from mentors. I'm not a 9-5 person but God's been faithful. You see, most times life pushes you but you have to know what direction to put yourself. As for me, I can't just take any mess thrown @ me. I'll get my certificate very soon. I may not be well schooled like you guys but highly educated. All the best. See you all @ d top. Thanks
Sensible.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

Yeah. I understand.

OP, was generalising i.e feeling like all B candidate are successful more than A candidate. Smh
look at the topic closely...... does the word "often" make any sense to you?
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Ade5(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
rexkexmilan: look at the topic closely...... does the word "often" make any sense to you?

You still haven't said how you reached this conclusion.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ade5:

You still haven't said how you reached this conclusion.
Fine! 8 letter words...
RESEARCH.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Ade5(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
rexkexmilan: Fine! 8 letter words...
RESEARCH.

Okay what was your sample size? Was this carried out locally or on an international scale? How many countries were involved? Let's start with those questions.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Ade5:

Okay what was your sample size? Was this carried out locally or on an international scale? How many countries were involved? Let's start with those questions.
On a scale of 5-10.
Internationally.
About 15.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Ade5(m): 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
rexkexmilan: On a scale of 5-10.
Internationally.
About 15.

Okay so 10 people from each country across a total of 15 countries. Can you tell me what is wrong with this research that you carried out?
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
rexkexmilan: look at the topic closely...... does the word "often" make any sense to you?

You used successful school dropouts as your example.

If I start listing brilliant educated 'well to do' men, it sure will surpass your own.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
GoodBoi1: I never meant that they were the only ones but they are dedicated to it, and I don't think anyone can be a professor without research.

Lemme use Pharmacy as an example.

People that work in Pharmaceutical industries, do more research than Professors who teach in Universities.

Finally, professors are not the most brilliant.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by imustsaymymindo: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
being succesful depeds on nothing but you. You develop yourself so that when opportunities come you grab it. One of the ways of doing that is through formal education. Having good grades might not neccesarily mean you are intelligent. It might just mean you have grown to be dilligent or smart sometimes cunny. Success is not about grade or money you know,it's about acheiving your goals and being happy.
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by zelda4u: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
When you have bad grades, you are unlikely to get high paying job at a top company. Because you're options are narrowed down to either getting a low salary job and doing your own business, it becomes easy to see that one would choose the entrepreneurship route instead. Essentially, people with bad grades are put into a position wherein the only choice they have to become rich is to create a business. And ironically, creating a business will make you richer than being a salaried employee even if its high paying.

1 Like

Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
FrancisTony:

You used successful school dropouts as your example.

If I start listing brilliant educated 'well to do' men, it sure will surpass your own.
I never argued that..... did I?
Re: Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful. by Tobbie9(m): 11:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
Never thought i would agree with francistony on anything until i saw this thread, ultimately there are different routes to success everyone cant know book and everyone cant also be entrepreneurs

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Psychologist Wrote A Book On How To Raise A Genius. He Raised Three Himself! / "Green White Green" What It Means Now And Then! / See How School Examination Is Conducted In An Asian Country: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.