Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,933 members, 7,946,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway (67042 Views)

Had A Ghastly Accident (pics) / Ghastly Motor Accident In Makurdi. (Graphic pics) / Ghastly Accident Claims 3 Lives Along Akure-Owo Road (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by poiZon: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
Very good. Your post proves my point that this is a regulatory failure. Governments shape behaviour by applying incentives, rewards and penalties. If the penalties for overspeeding and dangerous driving were severe, and enforcement rigidly applied, drivers would sit up. If people knew they would spend 6 months in jail for reckless endangerment on the roads, they would be a lot more careful.

This is regulatory failure in action, pure and simple.

GBAM!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by vibrant99(m): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
No One is saying anytin about why you have to travel so far for just a crusade?.... Common sense.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by jOsSyDman: 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2014
HMM
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by TonySpike: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
The simple truth is that many, if not most Nigerians, are bad drivers. The bad road, to me, is just a lame excuse for poor driving judgement and non-roadworthy vehicles. I once lived in South Africa where the highways are of very high quality, I tell you guys, accidents there are much more worse.
So, I technically think in Nigeria, Good roads will cause more accidents while bad roads should reduce such incidences. Good road is the fastest way to encourage speeding to death.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by BigBashiru: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why are you calling on God and God to have mercy. And why are you blaming the Govt? Nigerians sef. Irresponsible drivers are responsible FIRST. Though the roads are bad, it is the responsibility of drivers to drive responsibly and obey rules.

I do not know the exact circumstances of this incident but I am calling on Nigerians to take responsibility for their lives, quit blaming the government and ask God to help then act responsibly not after praying you are doing 160km/hr and believe "God will help his people"
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by stagger: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

Those of us on these boards who are within a certain age group will remember when the FRSC was first created.

The 100km/hr rule was strictly enforced. The FRSC actually had radar guns (believe it or not) and they used them. If you wanted to avoid trouble with FRSC officials for breaking the speed limit you simply left home on time and planned your trip properly.

FRSC officials actually carried out vehicle inspection at the motor parks/garages and they made sure they enforced the rules on vehicle roadworthiness. Their officials stood out in stark contrast to the police.

Fast forward three decades and the Corps is a shadow of what it once was. The price we are all paying for that is the never ending carnage on our roads.

There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

Until we grasp this simple truth, the pain, tears and sorrow will continue.

That was 1988, when Wole Soyinka would step out in his Corps Marshall uniform. Then NTA and RSTV Channel 55 (later Channel 22) were the only stations one could watch in those days growing up in Port Harcourt.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Gozzzy(m): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2014
Compliance: Some rccg members coming back from camp had a fatal accident along Akure - Ilesha expressway. Some are already dead by the time we got to the scene. Christians on Nairaland please let's lift up the banners of prayers for God's divine intervention.
Damn it!!!!!!!! What other divine intervention, do you need?? God has given us knowledge and resources to make our roads better, but we chose to make our roads death traps!!!!!!! Yet you have the guts to call for divine intervention What else do you want God to do? Anybody calling God here, is plain stewpid!!!!!!!!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Jesus dis is heartbroken Rafu sacrifice to his fake gods Hell is real
All this sacrifice u r making there is God oooooooo
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by jOsSyDman: 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
e no easy
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by MymothersKeeper(f): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
mene mene tekel upharsin!!!! The kingdom of evil in Nigeria is numbered and will soon end!
Na only nigeria waka come when it comes to bad news ?
shocked
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2014
damn.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
ceasare: @volvos60 : you have said it all until we adopt d Chinese option of death sentence for stealing public funds and negligence of duty from public office holders.if not we keep running in circles till end of time.
We can start from here #death sentence for looting public treasury and corruption.

@volvos60, ceasare and other dimwits who are busy blaming government... What has the government got to do with the accident? Perhaps, the driver of the bus was Goodluck Jonathan or David Mark abi? The driver who was over-speeding should not be held accountable but government right?

[size=18pt]It is only lazy people and failures who use Government as an excuse for anything bad that happens.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Vello(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
ratiken:

You were so quick to blame bad roads and the government when you weren't told on the write-up that bad road was the cause.

Even if the entire roads in this country gets fixed, we need a paradigm shift to drive safely to avoid these incidents.

RIP to the dead.
Don't be quick to blame others' for their views on issues such as this. Indeed, the condition of that Ibadan /Akure road is horrible putting it mildly. I travel this road every weekend & Mondays. Though currently under maintenance, the current state still leaves much to be desired. 3months ago saw me thanking God for His grace in saving me from.a near accident.

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
jimmy4x:
Don't blame this on Nigerian roads please, I drive on that road, going from ife to Erin ijesha and coming back, the road is very good, I can say that, could be the driver's fault, too much speed or something else.
But that Ife - Ilesha express road is very very good, still used the road recently sef.
May their souls RIP

^^^^
I have driven on that road too. Several times. I have a question for you sir: Is the road a dual carriageway? I have a reason for asking this question and your response will determine my answer to you.

I have addressed the issue of driver's fault/negligence in another post. But I will recap here.

Nigerian drivers have roughly the same urges as European, North American, Japanese etc. drivers. We all have things to do and places to go to. We would all drive at 500km/h if we could. The difference is that in these other places, the consequences for death and injury to others (as a result of my negligence or carelessness) are severe. I could be banned from driving for life or do jail time. It is the fear of these consequences that keeps the majority of drivers in these other places in check.

Until we get the regulation bit to work properly, the carnage will continue.

3 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by BigBashiru: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2014
There is no law on God's green earth that says all good things are unworkable in Nigeria. All it takes is a reasoned choice by Nigerians to hold their leaders accountable and to insist that these leaders get the system to work for the good of all. (Failing which, these leaders should prepare for the consequences).

How come in 54 yrs there has been NO SINGLE good government? Nigerians have been blaming the govt for 54 years... many of these things can be done by private companies... UK has Transport Research Laboratories for example.

Quit blaming the government and govern yourselves!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by tafabaloo(m): 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
May God comfort the bereaved . RIP to the dead ! what a sad situation !!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by zeroshadow: 7:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
ogtavia:

There is God my brother,that creator of earth you talk about is God Almighty,Jehovah Yahweh,the God who lives where no one can fathom,the God who was,who is and God who is coming very soon.. READ Acts 17:22-31...and all he created was good,including u and I,he made the earth and all in it,however of all he created,one of them,his glorious angel,decided to turn from him and tow the line of evil and rebellion and from that angel all wickedness and evil on earth now come from,it is even he that has manage to convince you that there is no god,of course there is god,there is heaven and there is hell,infact there is life after death,there is power in Christ,there is fellowship with God through the Holy Spirit,I pray for you today,[b]that the power that has convinced you that there is no god be shattered to pieces and rendered powerless in THE NAME OF JESUS,we all have a choice before us each day,like you said,right or wrong,good or evil,life or death,CHOOSE RIGHT WHiCH IS GOOD THAT YOU MAY HAVE LIFE,been right however won't save you for the life after this earth neither will been good,[/b]however,if you choose and accept JESUS,you have life,abundant life,never ending life,though you die,yet you live,...if you want to know more,here is my email:ogtavia_002@yahoo.com...be rest assured brother,THERE IS GOD,WE ARE NOT ANIMALS....THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH...PEACE LIKE A RIVER..

go and read isaiah 45:7...

whether or not you read it is none of my business... to answer the bolded part of your comment that POWER is from the creator "itself" not from your imaginary "god"...

the creator created good and evil.... choose your path or stay in between
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by inze(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
smartchoice: oh my Goodness....what kind of hot death is this?

May all viewing never enter any doomed vehicle in Jesus name.

Amen

And may their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Vello(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
I pray for the dead. May their souls rest in peace. I pray for their loved ones too that God be with them.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by victorazy(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
GodMode:

there is no god.... the Creator of earth created good and evil.... it is left for humans to choose their path.
God bless u
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by BigBashiru: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2014
Why are ppl bring God into this?
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2014
VolvoS60:

^^^^
I have driven on that road too. Several times. I have a question for you sir: Is the road a dual carriageway? I have a reason for asking this question and your response will determine my answer to you.

I have addressed the issue of driver's fault/negligence in another post. But I will recap here.

Nigerian drivers have roughly the same urges as European, North American, Japanese etc. drivers. We all have things to do and places to go to. We would all drive at 500km/h if we could. The difference is that in these other places, the consequences for death and injury to others (as a result of my negligence or carelessness) are severe. I could be banned for driving for life or do jail time. It is the fear of these consequences that keeps the majority of drivers in these other places in check.

Until we get the regulation bit to work properly, the carnage will continue.
Yea, it's a dual carriageway
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2014
lawanson44:

@volvos60, ceasare and other dimwits who are busy blaming government... What has the government got to do with the accident? Perhaps, the driver of the bus was Goodluck Jonathan or David Mark abi? The driver who was over-speeding should not be held accountable but government right?

[size=18pt]It is only lazy people and failures who use Government as an excuse for anything bad that happens.[/size]

^^^
Your post (and the language therein) shows you up for what you are...

I have addressed in detail other posters who had substantive comments. You sir, do not qualify.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by ogtavia(m): 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Everyone is blaming driver,roads and government,I do nt absolve anyone of blame,the driver will have his fault,roads too are nt encouraging especially that strip of road,from somewhere around IBULE to ILESHA or thereabout,anyone who knws dt road will see how d road was somehow broken or had its asphalt layout somehow scrapped,because of the so called new road construction,I guess the idea was to slow drivers down,yet if u see au fast people are on dt road,yet been slow isn't necessarily the best,all men will die one day,life on this earth is nt forever,but to die like this,this hard,painful,premature,gruesome manner,this violent way,....nooo,....But they all have hope,if they died in Christ,though there mortal bodies perish,they'll live and reign with God,all those who have died are alive somewhere now,its just a transistion,the painful thing about it,is the way,manner and memories they all live behind especially for family and loved ones..and pls OP put age restriction or notice before putting such pictures up,some people are light or faint hearted.
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by fm7070: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2014
Federal Road Safety Corp is a failure, mediocre and money spinning machine for the government.
They arrest more of private vehicle owners and slam them with fines on very minor offences when they do not understand the bribery code
whereas, these commercial and danfo drivers should have been put on serious check because of the number of life they are carrying and their recklessness.
In my own safety opinion, when they arrest for brake light offence, they should have an immediate solution, and that is where defaulters will pay heavily for those corrective service.
When they arrest for 'no fire extinguisher' they should provide good fire extinguisher at 300% increase of the normal price
When they arrest for bad tires or brake failure, they should take the vehicle to their workshop and make sure it is properly fixed before moving an inch
Lastly, our roads should be properly fixed, they should advocate and let the government know clearly that our roads are dead traps
Instead of all these, all they are interested in is the fine or bribe
there is need for overhauling of our FRSC and strict measure on commercial vehicles and drivers if accident will be drastically reduced in this country

2 Likes

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by rudepen(m): 7:45pm On Aug 10, 2014
tHERE is really a flame in the countryside.....#sighs#....farewell t0 d dead...
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by Oduduwaboy(m): 7:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
vibrant99: No One is saying anytin about why you have to travel so far for just a crusade?.... Common sense.

Infact, why could God not save these people? After all the singing and clapping and dancing in camp!After paying tithes, offerings, vows etc. Is this the best way for 'God' to reward them? I pity people who still foolishly believe in a non-existent God.

1 Like

Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by slap1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2014
I just got back from a short holiday and I saw some RCCG members who arrived safely in their Hummer bus. Sometimes I forget to thank God for journey mercies...
Baba God, I'm sorry. Thank you for bringing me home SAFELY. YOU ARE THE BEST!
Re: A Ghastly Motor Accident Along Akure - Ilesha Expressway by BigBashiru: 7:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
"it is not wrong

you and your "it is wrong" mentality should go and hug transformer."

It is wrong you bush foool!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Design And Features Of The IVM G40 Presented To Mercy, Winner Of BBNaija / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video) / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.