Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

I Am A Jealous God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A Jealous God. (531 Views)

A Jealous God Can Only Be A Mere Tribal Deity / I'm Jealous! So What?? / Why Is God A Jealous God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A Jealous God. by Joel3(m): 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
the bible condemn jealousy. And the same bible says God is a Jealous God.

James 3:16.

New Living Translation
For wherever there is jealousy and selfish
ambition, there you will find disorder and evil
of every kind.

English Standard Version
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

New American Standard Bible
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist,
there is disorder and every evil thing.

International Standard Version
For wherever jealousy and rivalry exist, there
is disorder and every kind of evil.
Re: I Am A Jealous God. by Techwriter: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Yes there is positive jealousy and negative jealousy just as there is negative pride and positive pride, negative. I can be proud of my heritage yet we know that pride is not a good attitude. When He said we should not be jealous, he meant envy(kjv properly translated it as envy in that verse) but when He said He is a Jealous God, He meant He is a loving and protective being. If you are not jealous of your wife, it simply shows you don't love her
Re: I Am A Jealous God. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56am On Aug 12, 2014
to a xtian black is white and blue is red. a jealous murdering god is a loving and protective one. whatever.

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Jealous God. by Weah96: 5:23am On Aug 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer: to a xtian black is white and blue is red. a jealous murdering god is a loving and protective one. whatever.

They are the definition of close mindedness. No information contrary to their existing belief will be tolerated.

(1) (Reply)

Knowledge Is Limited / "What Does It Mean For A Church Or Organization To Be Interdenominational?" / Controversial Pastor Lesego Pictured Stepping On His Members.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.