Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,925 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:38 PM

Beckham To A.c Milan? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Beckham To A.c Milan? (687 Views)

Beckham ‘to Earn More Than Messi’ This Season / Real Madrid President Want Beckham To Stay / Arsenal Vs A.c Milan In Champions League Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beckham To A.c Milan? by dmxqo(m): 12:10am On Oct 20, 2008
David Beckham would be welcome to train with Serie A giants AC Milan over the winter, according to the club's vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Galliani also confirmed the midfielder had been "close'' to joining the Rossoneri before moving to LA Galaxy from Real Madrid.

The former England captain is keen to keep up his match sharpness in order to remain part of the national squad but with the Major League Soccer season coming to a close he will need to find alternative arrangements.

Last year he joined up with Arsenal and there have been reports in Italy that Milan could be his next port of call.

Galliani confirmed that manager Carlo Ancelotti would have the final say but insisted the club would be happy to have the 33-year-old midfielder train with them.

"I have not heard from Beckham since the night before he transferred to Galaxy,'' said Galliani.

"He was close to (joining) Milan before going to California, but I don't know anything about the rumours in circulation. But if Beckham wanted to train with Milan, then I would have to ask coach Carlo Ancelotti, but from the club's point of view, there would not be any problem.

"But Beckham is another club's player who has a contract with that other club.''

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid player is eager to stay in Fabio Capello's England plans as he bids to add to his 107-cap tally.

Two more caps would see him overtake Bobby Moore as the country's most capped outfield player.

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti added he would be happy to work with Beckham.

"We would get to know a great champion," he said in Gazzetta dello Sport. "There were negotiations in the past with Milan, but it did not work out. Now we may get somewhere."

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/news/story?id=583439&sec=worldcup2010&cc=3888

hope i copy right?

(1) (Reply)

Foster Confesses Using 'ipod' To Win At Wembley / Manchester United Signed A Sponsorship Deal With Globacom Nigeria! / Laliga:barcelona Vs Hercules(0-2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.