Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Steps That Should Have And Yet Need To Be Taken On Ebola Restrictions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Steps That Should Have And Yet Need To Be Taken On Ebola Restrictions (471 Views)

Buhari Set To Attend AU Confab On Ebola / South Korea Invitations For Nigerians Withdrawn On Ebola Fears / LATEST NEWS ON EBOLA OUTBREAK!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Steps That Should Have And Yet Need To Be Taken On Ebola Restrictions by teemy(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2014
1. Deconjesting of Cells/Prisons and reducing crowding in sweaty environments

2. Sensitising health personnel on handling ebola cases (I wonder why the LASUTH doctor took to his heels)

3. Distribution of adequate protective equipment for health personnel

4. Keeping quarantined patients away from one another (so those that don't have don't catch it)

5. Making the treatment Free!

6. Making the public not to stigmatise but report new/suspected cases to the relevant authorities (A dedicated set of numbers would help)

7. Screen everyone an the points of entry, no discrimination.

My points, list yours.

1 Like

Re: Steps That Should Have And Yet Need To Be Taken On Ebola Restrictions by delishpot: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
teemy: 1. Deconjesting of Cells/Prisons and reducing crowding in sweaty environments

2. Sensitising health personnel on handling ebola cases (I wonder why the LASUTH doctor took to his heels)

3. Distribution of adequate protective equipment for health personnel

4. Keeping quarantined patients away from one another (so those that don't have don't catch it)

5. Making the treatment Free!

6. Making the public not to stigmatise but report new/suspected cases to the relevant authorities (A dedicated set of numbers would help)

7. Screen everyone an the points of entry, no discrimination.

My points, list yours.

True. But they do not need to decongest prison cells if there isnt the need to. They can just quarantine new intakes for a few weeks to see if they are ebola free and then if they are, move them to the normal place to be with the rest.
Re: Steps That Should Have And Yet Need To Be Taken On Ebola Restrictions by teemy(m): 3:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
delishpot:

True. But they do not need to decongest prison cells if there isnt the need to. They can just quarantine new intakes for a few weeks to see if they are ebola free and then if they are, move them to the normal place to be with the rest.
I agree

(1) (Reply)

Northern Delegates Warn GEJ / Fayose Vows Not To Recognise 19 New Lcdas / Gov Mimiko Decamps To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.