Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,988 members, 7,883,416 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:24 AM

Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming (737 Views)

I Just Finished Sec. School, Am Hell In Love With Programming,i Need The Basics! / Any One With Programming Skill In C,c++, Or Assembly Language / Please I Need Need Help With Programming E-booksss-i Really Wanna Learn! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming by bonerVee(m): 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
My peeps and geeks. Tthis is what i'm thinking, please share your own view. I am taking them as advice to help me choose which one to 'waste' my time on. I honestly think web developpment pays more, cos unlike programming its easier to get personal contracts on website designs..... My thoughts
Re: Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming by uken73(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2014
bonerVee: My peeps and geeks. Tthis is what i'm thinking, please share your own view. I am taking them as advice to help me choose which one to 'waste' my time on. I honestly think web developpment pays more, cos unlike programming its easier to get personal contracts on website designs..... My thoughts
By web development I'm assuming you mean web design projects that don't involve programming. There are lots more opportunities for that so also are lots of dudes doing that. On the average, such projects are charged between 30k to 150k with very few going beyond 150k. This price range is well known and where you don't agree there are lots of felas willing to do for far less, even as low as 10k. However it would be difficult to place a charge range for programming jobs. If I must force an average range I would say from 50k to 1m. The charge is much more flexible here that it is with Web Design. You can easily charge different clients different amounts for the same Job. While it's not so common to have web design jobs that are charged up to a million, it's easier to have programming job that is charged up to 10m.

I think your choice should better be based on your interests and capability. Web design is easier and almost anyone can do it but you can't say same of programming. If you pick 10 good web designers, you may only have 1 or 2 that can do well if he/she changes to programming. But you are more likely to have 8 out of 10 good programmers who can do well as a designer.

That's my take.
Re: Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming by asalimpo(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
Most success favors d programmer over d designer enterpreuner. A deep knowledge of programmg/computer science enabled d creation most innovative solutions tht grew into a start up. Designers were hired later to prettify and put a web front. Think: twitter, google,facebook,qt (bought by nokia),mysql (bought by oracle),Oracle,microsoft dos/windows,linux,ubuntu,Apple (original design),paypal,ebay
etc. Core deliverable realized by programmers.
Re: Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming by GodMode: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
What rubbish are the people above me commenting

Web designing involves programming on less u're using dreamweaver without coding...

Those you commenting rubbish should go and create your own CSS framework...

RUBBISH

CSS coding na die... Thankfully there are editors with live preview.

Just my opinion.
Re: Is It Easier To Be Ano Enterprenuer With Web Development Than With Programming by bonerVee(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2014
Tnks all, particularly evry1 was so instructive .Asides frm high pay, which of dem is easier to start up (getting contracts easily). Companies seem to mosst likly rely on established programming companies for jobs. Dt means programmers essentialy needs to attach to a company to survive.

(1) (Reply)

Url Redirection Service / How Can I Enable Remote Connection To My Mysql Db / Read Favourite News Feed Without Internet, Download Android RSS Feeder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.