Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,140 members, 7,949,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI (91893 Views)

Building On Swamp, How Do I Go, Raft Or Pile? / CONSTRUCTION PROCESS OF TERRACE BUILDING &BLOCK OF FLAT AT LEKKI / Picture Of Prostrating Building At Oba Akran Ikeja Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by twinskenny(m): 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
segcymoor: We have rounded up on preliminary work.
....Now set for action
great job boss
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by boldtiger: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Great job u have there.I thank God for this thread.I have a waterlogged land and have been told that the only solution is pile foundation and somany ridiculouse prices have been quoted;Some said 17m just for fiundation another said 8m.Am just confused and dont also wish to sell the land.Can u kindly post what an average cost of each point might be?
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
Average of 80k per point
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Onuokwu: 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
segcymoor: Average of 80k per point

I thought the price will depend on the depth of the pile points?
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
Onuokwu:
I thought the price will depend on the depth of the pile points?
Absolutely!
our is 7m with 450mm diameter
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
We go for shopping:Arrival of concrete mixer

Picture adjusted (Hajji M.)

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by kopell: 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
@Segcymoor. let get this clear, are you saying each pile cost 80k per meter depth x 7 x 49 piles?
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
kopell: @Segcymoor. let get this clear, are you saying each pile cost 80k per meter depth x 7 x 49 piles?
Yes. However, there is much to pile in piling foundation.
*pile cap
*beam
*over site conctrete
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Jamesqu(m): 2:17am On Aug 29, 2014
kopell: @Segcymoor. let get this clear, are you saying each pile cost 80k per meter depth x 7 x 49 piles?

Pile Foundation no be to go buy garri for market o!
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by boldtiger: 7:48am On Aug 29, 2014
segcymoor:
Yes. However, there is much to pile in piling foundation.
*pile cap
*beam
*over site conctrete
Good day sir,pls do u mean 80k×7×49 or 80k×49 before the raft and other things for the foundation?just wanted to get it straight pls.Thanks
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 8:59am On Aug 29, 2014
boldtiger:
Good day sir,pls do u mean 80k×7×49 or 80k×49 before the raft and other things for the foundation?just wanted to get it straight pls.Thanks
In the first place, In line with structural design we are doing 44 points with 450 diameter of 7m depth. Each point expeted to cost average of 80k. Hence, 80k x 44 point (note : piling alone)
Better still send to:mooredesignbuild@gmail.com for more clarification
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Reinforcement work

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by boldtiger: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2014
segcymoor:
In the first place, In line with structural design we are doing 44 points with 450 diameter of 7m depth. Each point expeted to cost average of 80k. Hence, 80k x 44 point (note : piling alone)
Thank you so much for your concern.I have sent email to your mail box.Thanks.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
Movement of piling machine to starting point

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
Now, we set to keep the ball rolling

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
Reinforcement wearing uniform.

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 4:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
....in the process of 1st point

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 9:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Inserting the reinforcement

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
Concrete works

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by cleric(m): 10:58pm On Aug 29, 2014
segcymoor:
That is a very fair price. Weldone sir.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Chekitaut: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
Eng Segun you make difference... weldone good work.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 7:42am On Aug 30, 2014
cleric:
That is a very fair price. Weldone sir.
Like I told you earlier. All teams involved in this project more or less sacrifice his profit to make this work.
.....piling foundation no be small coins o
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 9:27am On Aug 30, 2014
segcymore good work, a good lesson we are learning here!

Just my little widow's mite

Let your guys increased the length of the reinforcement to allow adequate continuity that will form a dowel bar in the pile cap. Yes you might have measured your bar length correctly but at times the drilling machine may drill beyond your anticipated depth a little, also knowing fully well there is a need to cast the concrete up above the ground level to also allow for cutting to level while setting out your pile cap.

@MOD : i wonder why this topic has not hit the front page, i saw a continuity of an abandon project on first page this morning, good we are going to learn from it, but this particular one is going to be a rare lesson that a lot of people both in Nigeria and diaspora and even tertiary institute students will learn a lot for. Plsssss front page and let us stop localizing this beautiful of good work and selfless service of our dear colleague.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2014
Wow, never knew piles could be done like this. I thought they will be prepared then hammered by the machine into the ground.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 10:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Aventures: segcymore good work, a good lesson we are learning here!
Just my little widow's mite
Let your guys increased the length of the reinforcement to allow adequate continuity that will form a dowel bar in the pile cap. Yes you might have measured your bar length correctly but at times the drilling machine may drill beyond your anticipated depth a little, also knowing fully well there is a need to cast the concrete up above the ground level to also allow for cutting to level while setting out your pile cap.
@MOD : i wonder why this topic has not hit the front page, i saw a continuity of an abandon project on first page this morning, good we are going to learn from it, but this particular one is going to be a rare lesson that a lot of people both in Nigeria and diaspora and even tertiary institute students will learn a lot for. Plsssss front page and let us stop localizing this beautiful of good work and selfless service of our dear colleague.
Thanks for observations:we appreciate your professional inputs and support especially on this project. May Lord enrich your knowledge further.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by segcymoor(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2014
segcymoor:
Thanks for observations:we appreciate your professional inputs and support especially on this project. May Lord enrich your knowledge further.
However, our intention is to lap the reinforcement
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Aventures(m): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2014
blink182: Wow, never knew piles could be done like this. I thought they will be prepared then hammered by the machine into the ground.
blink182: Wow, never knew piles could be done like this. I thought they will be prepared then hammered by the machine into the ground.
You are not wrong, there are several methodology of pile fdn construction, one of it is the hammering of precast pile, but that is done in a rare case because of the severe environmental impact and more so, it is very much more expensive and not really necessary for a project like this. The in situ casting is the best for this kind of project.
segcymoor:
you are welcome. Ride on to higher success as you pioneer the showcasing of hitech construction on this forum
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by kostadinis: 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Aventures: You are not wrong, there are several methodology of pile fdn construction, one of it is the hammering of precast pile, but that is done in a rare case because of the severe environmental impact and more so, it is very much more expensive and not really necessary for a project like this. The in situ casting is the best for this kind of project.you are welcome. Ride on to higher success as you pioneer the showcasing of hitech construction on this forum
Please, would the integrity of the piles be anything different if he were to use the more cheaper manual augering for the piling....or is it that the diameter might be difficult to achieve using that means? Some of the pile points do fail in cast-in-situ, how would one avoid it in this situation when they are not visible?

1 Like

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 3:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
Aventures: @MOD : i wonder why this topic has not hit the front page, i saw a continuity of an abandon project on first page this morning, good we are going to learn from it, but this particular one is going to be a rare lesson that a lot of people both in Nigeria and diaspora and even tertiary institute students will learn a lot for. Plsssss front page and let us stop localizing this beautiful of good work and selfless service of our dear colleague.

Aventures... Power... Power. I guess some people have more influence and power. Don't assume that the Moderators are not up-to-date.
I have personally recommended this thread two times.. The Moderators only recommends; the higher power decides.

Hajji M.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by Eyop: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
mufutau55:

Aventures... Power... Power. I guess some people have more influence and power. Don't assume that the Moderators are not up-to-date.
I have personally recommended this thread two times.. The Moderators only recommends; the higher power decides.

Hajji M.
I don't even support this thread hitting front page because of derailing it.
Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by mufutau55(m): 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2014
Eyop:
I don't even support this thread hitting front page because of derailing it.

I know and I have thought about that, but for the interest of those who are willing to learn..
and I have promised I will weed out all those teenagers who don't know what to do with their cellphones. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: PILE FOUNDATION FOR TERRACE BUILDING AT LEKKI by kopell: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
@hajji, front page please on pile issue, for long lawyer Mathew has used his power as moderator years back to dominate the front page. I believe the volume of traffic on topic with vast information and knowledge to learn should be consider to take the front page in my opinion. There is another topic about income and rent in Nigeria housing market that was generating serious debate. I will like to see your contribution to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Owerri Collapsed Building: Before And After Photos / Bizarre 'Pyramid-Shaped' 18-Storey Building In China Becomes Internet Sensation / Don't Bother Building A Family Swimming Pool If It Is Not Like This (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.