Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,274 members, 7,940,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:21 PM

5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! (2209 Views)

Things I Learnt During Interviews No One Will Tell You. / Some Hidden Mistakes Job-seekers Make During Interviews / Some Signs Of Nature That Tell You Never To Give Up On Your Dream (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2014
“The main reason people struggle financially is because they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money. The
result is that people learn to work for money...but never learn to have money work for them” -> Robert Kiyosaki (Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad).

Almost everyone’s dream is to find a safe, secure high-paying job. At a tender age, our family & society drum into our ears, the importance of school education and how it can help us secure a great job later in life. We grow up with this belief and eventually do what everyone else does => Go to school, get good grades & secure a high-paying job with excellent
benefits.
I expect this to sound reasonable to you but have you ever asked yourself some deep questions about your life? Think through & answer these questions:

How long will you work for your boss?
Who are you making rich?
Who is in control of your money?
Will there be stable pensions for you after a life-time of work?
Will a job allow you do what you love?
Will a job allow you ample time to invest in you & your family?
Will a job give you peace of mind and health?

Observe with me the not-too-obvious facts about a job you probably don’t know.

A Job Earns You Less Than Your Worth

Your salary or wage is a just a fixed fraction of the wealth you generate for your boss or company. Your share of the wealth hardly changes even when your boss makes more profits. Also, this "little" share of yours is taxed by the government before it gets into your pocket.

A Job Puts Your Life In The Hands Of Your Boss

You learn far more from failures than from successes but sadly, your boss would seldom give you room to try new things because of the risk of failure. Mistakes can't be condoned in a job & you could be laid off at anytime for someone else if your boss isn't a "nice guy".

A Job Pays You Based On Time, Not On The Results You Create

In a job, you can choose to work day in, day out but at the end of the week or month, you’ll be paid the same amount that your
lazy colleague receives. I don’t know about you but I hate this because it doesn’t reward my commitment. I will always prefer to be where my true value is appreciated. Getting paid based on the results you create won't only encourage you to do more but will add value to people around you.

A Job Trades Your Time & Energy For Money

“Time is more important than money. You can have more money but you can’t have more time!” -> Jim Rohn.

Ignorance has kept a lot of people working a life-time to make their bosses rich. Their "Ogas" probably enjoy great holidays with their families while they work away their time to ensure they get the job done. These people haven't had time to sit down & reflect on those 7 questions above until it's too late. I don't want you to end up like them.
If you're in a job, work to learn and not to earn. Don't see a job as a dead-end but as a stepping stone to something bigger and enriching to you.
There are 3 ingredients that are very vital to a happy & successful life: Peace of mind , Health & Loving relationships. If you aren't careful, your job will trade them for money. Ofcourse, money is useless if these 3 are missing in your life.

A J.O.B (Just Over Broke) Encourages You To Spend

A job does a good "job" at creating the impression that more money will come. Many people eventually misuse their money because they have a poor financial plan or no plan at all!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Want to know the secret recipe that can help you end your struggle with money? You'll be surprised that it isn't what you think! Come with me: www.swissgardelagos./2014/06/25/the-only-way-to-end-your-struggle-with-money.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

They relate money with pleasure and spend almost all they earn on things with short-term value. I've seen people who go as far borrowing money to satisfy the wants they can't afford. Those who fall to this habit run the "rat race" at their jobs for the money coming in never seems enough to settle their debts, bills & other expenses. Eventually, pressure builds up and their peace of mind, health & relationships get hurt. I don't want this to happen to you.

One unarguable fact about a job that summarizes all is that you’re not going to be in a job forever. It's either Resignation, Retirement or Retrenchment waiting for you at the corner. Why spend a lifetime working for someone with the hope of living what's left of your life on unstable pensions? From what I see on the news, I don't advice you look to retirement pensions for the government disappoints.

You're happy to the degree to which you feel you are in control of your life. Start taking charge of your life today for if you don't, no one else will! Learn the secret recipe now: www.swissgardelagos./2014/06/25/the-only-way-to-end-your-struggle-with-money.

ACTION PLAN

I'd like to leave you with three (3) important steps you should take to shift the direction of your life to a fulfilling end.

Firstly, be very clear about what you want out of life. If you had a magic wand with you, what's that one thing you'd wish for. If you can dream it, you can achieve it! Have and hold on to your own dreams & aspirations for if you don't, someone else will use you to achieve theirs.

Secondly, write a simple plan that describes the process of how you'll move from where you are to where you want to be.
Thirdly, resolve in advance, NEVER to quit no matter what happens to you in your journey to your grand goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading this message. Feel free to post your questions or concerns below. Also, don't forget to LIKE and SHARE with your friends. Save a life today!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by onome710(m): 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
Food for thought.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 3:44am On Aug 19, 2014
onome710: Food for thought.
Yes it is Onome.
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
"A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence" - Jim Watkins.
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2014
"You are never going to be in a job forever"
this statement dey pierce ma soul bigtime.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2014
Ninejaywon: "You are never going to be in a job forever"
this statement dey pierce ma soul bigtime.
It's an undeniable truth brother.
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by onojemmayahoo: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2014
DJurry: “The main reason people struggle financially is because they have spent years in school but learned nothing about money. The
result is that people learn to work for money...but never learn to have money work for them” -> Robert Kiyosaki (Author of Rich Dad Poor Dad).

Almost everyone’s dream is to find a safe, secure high-paying job. At a tender age, our family & society drum into our ears, the importance of school education and how it can help us secure a great job later in life. We grow up with this belief and eventually do what everyone else does => Go to school, get good grades & secure a high-paying job with excellent
benefits.
I expect this to sound reasonable to you but have you ever asked yourself some deep questions about your life? Think through & answer these questions:

How long will you work for your boss?
Who are you making rich?
Who is in control of your money?
Will there be stable pensions for you after a life-time of work?
Will a job allow you do what you love?
Will a job allow you ample time to invest in you & your family?
Will a job give you peace of mind and health?

Observe with me the not-too-obvious facts about a job you probably don’t know.

A Job Earns You Less Than Your Worth

Your salary or wage is a just a fixed fraction of the wealth you generate for your boss or company. Your share of the wealth hardly changes even when your boss makes more profits. Also, this "little" share of yours is taxed by the government before it gets into your pocket.

A Job Puts Your Life In The Hands Of Your Boss

You learn far more from failures than from successes but sadly, your boss would seldom give you room to try new things because of the risk of failure. Mistakes can't be condoned in a job & you could be laid off at anytime for someone else if your boss isn't a "nice guy".

A Job Pays You Based On Time, Not On The Results You Create

In a job, you can choose to work day in, day out but at the end of the week or month, you’ll be paid the same amount that your
lazy colleague receives. I don’t know about you but I hate this because it doesn’t reward my commitment. I will always prefer to be where my true value is appreciated. Getting paid based on the results you create won't only encourage you to do more but will add value to people around you.

A Job Trades Your Time & Energy For Money

“Time is more important than money. You can have more money but you can’t have more time!” -> Jim Rohn.

Ignorance has kept a lot of people working a life-time to make their bosses rich. Their "Ogas" probably enjoy great holidays with their families while they work away their time to ensure they get the job done. These people haven't had time to sit down & reflect on those 7 questions above until it's too late. I don't want you to end up like them.
If you're in a job, work to learn and not to earn. Don't see a job as a dead-end but as a stepping stone to something bigger and enriching to you.
There are 3 ingredients that are very vital to a happy & successful life: Peace of mind , Health & Loving relationships. If you aren't careful, your job will trade them for money. Ofcourse, money is useless if these 3 are missing in your life.

A J.O.B (Just Over Broke) Encourages You To Spend

A job does a good "job" at creating the impression that more money will come. Many people eventually misuse their money because they have a poor financial plan or no plan at all!

Want to know the secret recipe to ending your struggle with money for as long as you live? You'll be surprised that it isn't what you think! Come: www.swissgardelagos./2014/06/25/the-only-way-to-end-your-struggle-with-money.

They relate money with pleasure and spend almost all they earn on things with short-term value. I've seen people who go as far borrowing money to satisfy the wants they can't afford. Those who fall to this habit run the "rat race" at their jobs for the money coming in never seems enough to settle their debts, bills & other expenses. Eventually, pressure builds up and their peace of mind, health & relationships get hurt. I don't want this to happen to you.

One unarguable fact about a job that summarizes all is that you’re not going to be in a job forever. It's either Resignation, Retirement or Retrenchment waiting for you at the corner. Why spend your life working for someone with the hope of living what's left of your life on unstable pensions? From what I see on the news, I don't advice you look to retirement pensions for the government disappoints.

You're happy to the degree to which you feel you are in control of your life. Start taking charge of your life today for if you don't, no one else will! Learn the secret recipe now: www.swissgardelagos./2014/06/25/the-only-way-to-end-your-struggle-with-money.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for reading this message. Feel free to post your questions or concerns below. Also, don't forget to LIKE and SHARE with your friends. Save a life today!

Thanks Djurry for this piece,you've laid the facts bare,so what do you suggest we do?What are your solutions to this issues you've raised,I believe it is not just enough to identify an issue,it is also equally important to proffer solutions.
We await your response.
Thanks.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2014
onojemmayahoo:

Thanks Djurry for this piece,you've laid the facts bare,so what do you suggest we do?What are your solutions to this issues you've raised,I believe it is not just enough to identify an issue,it is also equally important to proffer solutions.
We await your response.
Thanks.

I commend your desire to know more about the solution to these issues above. The answer is found in doing three things.

Firstly, be very clear about what you want out of life. Have and hold on to your own dreams & aspirations for if you don't, someone will use you to achieve theirs. Secondly, create a written plan to get you from where you are to where you want to be. Thirdly, resolve in advance, never to quit no matter what happens to you in your journey to your goals.

Money will be an important tool in helping you achieve your dreams so you have to understand how it works & how make it work for you. Learn about how to create a financial plan right here: www.swissgardelagos./2014/06/25/the-only-way-to-end-your-struggle-with-money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by Kennyinusa(m): 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Dear OP, I earn 2million per month grin grin
Do the above still apply to me? undecided shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 6:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Kennyinusa: Dear OP, I earn 2million per month grin grin
Do the above still apply to me? undecided shocked shocked
If I am to assume you earn such an amount monthly, this message is for you too. It's possible to spend N2 million in a day! There are fancy things in the market that are calling for your money. You shouldn't see a job as an end to something but a means to an end.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 12:22am On Sep 07, 2014
"Success is nothing more than a few disciplines practiced daily" - Jim Rohn.
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 4:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Though I'm concerned about your success, you should be more concerned about it. For a live chat with me on any questions you want answered, add me on BBM: 7F0B7CCA.
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 7:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
If you can dream it, you can certainly achieve it!
Re: 5 Hidden Facts About A Job Few Will Tell You! by DJurry(m): 7:34pm On Dec 05, 2014
What the world requires to grow and flourish is LOVE. Share it.
Merry Christmas to you!

(1) (Reply)

Text Invite @ Silvertdale Ltd / Federal Airport Authority Of Nigeria / Mtn, Etisalat And Other Top Companies Are Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.