Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,895 members, 7,872,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists (13779 Views)

What Nigeria Stands To Gain If The National Confab Is Implemented / CONFAB Is A Waste Of Billions Of Naira – Prof.utomi / CONFAB Is A Waste Of Billions Of Naira – Prof.utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2014
youngestfool: Pls by 4pm this afternoon , tie a plaintain leaf around ur waist and a red cloth on ur head and dance round a
banana tree 5 times say Ebolalala ebelebe ebelebe Ebenezer as a protection from Ebola virus. This message is from the Nigeria association of native doctors (NAND)

Don't say I didn't tell you ooooooooooo

idio.t
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by mbulela: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ide4u: Human rights activist and lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has restated that the ongoing national conference is a waste of time and public resources.

Please tell me something new.
We drew this conclusion here on NL weeks before the confab began. It was never designed to produce any tangible result.

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Lamasta(m): 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2014
The conference as far as am concerned is a waste of resources and also waste of time

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by hollandis(f): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Somepeople should be killed for opposing without proffering solution.Who is this keyamo,in the first place?How is he even famous
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
abbccc:

I call this...seeking cheap publicity as usual....if not pin point what was smuggled in the confab report.....

Can't you read? He said A DRAFT CONSTITUTION was smuggled

This is not news. Pay attention.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis: Somepeople should be killed for opposing without proffering solution.Who is this keyamo,in the first place?How is he even famous
He is famous because he is reasonable .... The CONFAB ongoing in Abuja is the most time wasting event that has ever happened in Nigeria since return to democracy in 1999.

What is the background
?
what legal framework does it have ?

what is the benchmark ?

and what shall happened to the resolutions ?

I only see elderly men sharing the national bounties in the name of Confab !!

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2014
My response to this is: DUH.

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Reference(m): 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2014
Ide4u: Human rights activist and lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has restated that the ongoing national conference is a waste of time and public resources.

Keyamo restated this on Wednesday, while fielding questions from journalists at the Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS), Warri, Delta State, adding that the confab was set up to achieve an agenda of the current government.

According to him, the current uneasy calm between southern and northern delegates and the attempt by some of the delegates to smuggle in a constitution through the conference was an indication that the conference was designed to achieve the aim of a certain party.

When asked if the resolution of the conference could transform into a new constitution for the country, Keyamo said the conference has no power and no role to play.

“The conference has no power to amend the constitution; it has no role to play. The conference is not really representative of the people of Nigeria to even suggest a new constitution because delegates were handpicked by all kinds of people and it is not fully the representative of the people of Nigeria so it’s clear that the conference is an exercise in futility; it’s a waste of time,”he stated.

http://tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/13443-confab-is-waste-of-time-keyamo-insists

Yes oga critic. But what is your solution to the Nigerian question beyond your crabs in a barrel mentality.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by hollandis(f): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
donroxy: He is famous because he is reasonable .... The CONFAB ongoing in Abuja is the most time wasting event that has ever happened in Nigeria since return to democracy in 1999.

What is the background
?
what legal framework does it have ?

what is the benchmark ?

and what shall happened to the resolutions ?

I only see elderly men sharing the national bounties in the name of Confab !!

There have to be a reason for confab ,it is a good cause .It is so easy to be an opposition .Half of what the socalled "reasonable" aka famous people say in Nigeria is full ofopposition.Did you even know who Gani fawehimi was ?He was a strong oposition in a tough military time ,and he gave solution.That is opposition with sense

I am just wondering who the hell keyamo is? what has he achieved, I know williams,I know Fawehimi,I know Oputa but who the fcking hell is Keyamo?
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Reference(m): 2:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
When we sit together as Nigerians and wonder why we have so many problems that we cannot appear to overcome except resort to prejudice and lately violence then know this, it is because we fail to discourse. And I will always say it. Violence in whatever form in whatever setting is inevitable where dialogue fails or is absent. Both upper and lower house straddle the political divide and are occupied by members even of his own party. What are they doing to answer the Nigerian question and why can't they be coerced into the ring.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by uzokingn(m): 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2014
LMAyedun: Your name says it all - YoungestFool indeed
no be small thing.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by stildude(m): 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis:

There have to be a reason for confab ,it is a good cause .It is so easy to be an opposition .Half of what the socalled "reasonable" aka famous people say in Nigeria is full ofopposition.Did you even know who Gani fawehimi was ?He was a strong oposition in a tough military time ,and he gave solution.That is opposition with sense

I am just wondering who the hell keyamo is? what has he achieved, I know williams,I know Fawehimi,I know Oputa but who the fcking hell is Keyamo?
Quiet agree. Tommorow, people like keyamo will be asking for the chance for the representatives of federating units and stakeholders of the country to come together and chart the course of our future. Then it may be too late. Now, it is the very thing they so much criticize because they've got an axe to grind with the president or his party.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by kmariko: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2014
Sometime one wonders whether these so called"leaders" ever think beyond there pocket books. Probably its an attempt at policial relevance

1 Like

Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis:

I raised so many issues you were unable to provide answers , Hollandis ?

Gani fawehinmi that I knew would never be part of this shenanigans called CONFAB and same is Keyamo !

They CONFAB is not even supported by the National Assembly , so , we are watching closely , Jonathan's card !
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by hollandis(f): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2014
donroxy: I raised so many issues you were unable to provide answers , Hollandis ?

Gani fawehinmi that I knew would never be part of this shenanigans called CONFAB and same is Keyamo !

They CONFAB is not even supported by the National Assembly , so , we are watching closely , Jonathan's card !

Gani will oppose but give solutions,i swear i never heard of that namr before,gani fawehimi
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 15, 2014
hollandis:
Gani will oppose but give solutions,i swear i never heard of that namr before,gani fawehimi
Personally, I think the card Jonathan is trying to play is :

Get the elders to pass their resolutions onto him then codify the resolution in a bill to be sent to National Assembly for legislative business ..... That is where the game will begin cuz he would have to spoil them with money and turn them against one another That is the only card is I see here but again :

The northerners in CONFAB are working harder to prevent a reasonable resolution .......... And the Northerners in National Assembly are waiting to reject whatever guise the resolution would find its way into National Assembly cheesy

Though Jonathan has planned it well not to destabilised his government via brouhaha National Assembly but the fight is in National Assembly in 2015 and I woulda suggest he convey the National assembly to be part of this time wasting process maybe National assembly woulda make it look legal !!

CONFAB is highly unrecognised before Nigerian Constitution so I wonder what card GEJ wanna play with thier resolutions ....... In order for this one not to go the ways of same held before now !
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by deletrue: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
Was it not this same boy who was rejected while contesting as Senator in Delta state? How usefull is he if he was rejected? He is as hopeless as Dino Malaye. Within short time he will be the one to defend EFCC and the same time blame everything the government is doing. highly hopeless, irrelevant and a rejectee.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by gawu1: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2014
kingeze88: We should always say positive things about our country! Jonathan is working very hard to fix this Country. Some of you that are against Jonathan might even do worst than jonathan if given the opportunity to rule this Nation. Please give this man a breathing space. Up Jonathan!!
Has there been any president who did not work hard to fix this country? They all have tried their best only that their best were not good enough. Same thing with Jonathan. He's being trying but not enough. He's being working hard but at wrong direction. Can you imagined how life would have been for ordinary Nigerians if he had succeeded in paging the price of petrol at N140 as he proposed only to be forced to trim it back? Where is SURE-P as we were earlier told? A lot of mis firing is characteristic of GEJ government so far.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by Paulv(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2014
Could this guy be right.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by room089: 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2014
TribalEAST: VOTE OUT GOATLUCK EBOLA JONATANK come 2015

My guy you were too harsh on him with those names. Remember he is still our president and at least, deserves some respect from us.
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by pheesayor(m): 4:39am On Aug 16, 2014
Tazmode: How else can the troubling national issues be brought to the fore, deliberated upon, solved and codified? undecided .. His opinion sha
The National Assembly
Re: Confab Is Waste Of Time, Keyamo Insists by elohorayodele: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
M-U-M-U

ODE OPONU. DIDINRIN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Begins ‘walk The Ward’ Campaign / How To Permanently Solve The Fulani Herdsmen Crisis Within Three Months. / Disarm Fulani Herdsmen Now, South-east Monarchs Tells FG..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.