Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,563 members, 7,944,694 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? (3080 Views)

Three Die In Lagos Bus Explosion (photo) / 7 Types Of Bus Conductors You Will Meet In A Public Bus / Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Lanes Enforced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
I have been to about 20 states across Nigeria, and all the voices of buses conductors in the respective states sounded as their's...

But once I got to Lagos, all the voices of the bus conductors and sometimes drivers over here sounds weirdly deep and the same. Like there's some contractions of some sort in their throats.

I just couldn't phatom with why it is so.

Pls who's got any idea as to why their voices sounds the same?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by wasak(m): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2014
emmyrichie: I have been to about 20 states across Nigeria, and all the voices of buses conductors in the respective states sounded as their's...

But once I got to Lagos, all the voices of the bus conductors and sometimes, drivers over here sounds weirdly deep. Like there's some contractions of some sort in their throats.

B

Lol...That's y its lagos. D thicker d voice, the easier it is to collect money from passengers.

Its a mechanism not limited to conductors. Almost all street histlers in Lagos use that voice to intimidate people, thinking it produces immediate compliance.
Welcome to lagos

3 Likes

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by obisage(m): 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
the causes are these....
too much of shouting
too much igbo ; weed
Alomo, Chelsea, ori malu
koboko, kpakurumo, yahuu,
elders, osomo just to name few

4 Likes

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2014
obisage: the causes are these....
too much of shouting
too much igbo ; weed
Alomo, Chelsea, ori malu
koboko, kpakurumo, yahuu,
elders, osomo just to name few

Wow!
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by tellwisdom: 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2014
They use it to scare people like you, as e be sey you no like to dey pay transport fee sad
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
tellwisdom: They use it to scare people like you, as e be sey you no like to dey pay transport fee sad

Lol... Sort of funny.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by equlibrium(m): 3:16am On Aug 18, 2014
Its the weed
it does terrible things to their vocal chords
then again
some of them were not born with any vocal chords undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
equlibrium: Its the weed
then again

Hahahaha... cheesy Born with no vocal cords?

1 Like

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by lomaxx: 1:04am On Oct 02, 2014
then again

No vocal cords
Man you're funny

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by alentyno: 4:06am On Oct 02, 2014
then again
*Climbs palm tree for a better view*

2 Likes

Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Thomsbuky(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
emmyrichie: I have been to about 20 states across Nigeria, and all the voices of buses conductors in the respective states sounded as their's...

But once I got to Lagos, all the voices of the bus conductors and sometimes drivers over here sounds weirdly deep and the same. Like there's some contractions of some sort in their throats.

They have smoked hemp, Igo, obi, marijuana, sense mania, Ganja, Eweola. Please add more synonymous name to "hemp" if you know more .
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by lekeey: 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
It is established that the huskier the voice , the more the agberos and passengers fear you. Even the ladies on the street covet it. To get it, all the street persons smoke and drink the voice condensing stuffs at least around every mealtime. However, if the voice refuses to get condensed, they fake it but once they get pained on their larynx, they revert to the status quo.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2014
lekeey:
It is established that the huskier the voice , the more the agberos and passengers fear you. Even the ladies on the street covet it. To get it, all the street persons smoke and drink the voice condensing stuffs at least around every mealtime. However, if the voice refuses to get condensed, they fake it but once they get pained on their larynx, they revert to the status quo.

Lmao... This is hilarious! All for the sake of respect?
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Pavore9: 5:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
lt is just to induce fear...but when u "form" you don't understand what they are saying and reply them speaking english with a foreign accent, their eyes go come down. l don try am wella.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Pavore9:
lt is just to induce fear...but when u "form" you don't understand what they are saying and reply them speaking english with a foreign accent, their eyes go come down. l don try am wella.

Hahahahaha... grin grin are you kidding me?
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Pavore9: 6:58am On Oct 26, 2014
emmyrichie:

Hahahahaha.. grin grin are you kidding me?
of course not, na dem self dey feel intimidated, l dey use this same strategy here in kenya when l encounter touts that can't speak more than pidgin swahili.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Pavore9:
of course not, na dem self dey feel intimidated, l dey use this same strategy here in kenya when l encounter touts that can't speak more than pidgin swahili.

Badt dude cheesy won't it affect your vocal cords?
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Pavore9: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2014
emmyrichie:

Badt dude cheesy won't it affect your vocal cords?
why should it? when am not using any substance to achieve it, moreover l easily switch between the regular Nigerian accent & the foreign.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 26, 2014
Pavore9:
why should it? when am not using any substance to achieve it, moreover l easily switch between the regular Nigerian accent & the foreign.

Hahahahaha... Now I can understand the rationale behind those baritoned voices.
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Generalkorex(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
If itz nt lagos,it can never be like lagos
welcome to lagos
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Godmother(f): 7:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
The funny thing about these conductors is that with all their deep voice, if they see real fight now they will take off
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 16, 2014
Godmother:
The funny thing about these conductors is that with all their deep voice, if they see real fight now they will take off

Huh! shocked for real?
Re: What Is It With Lagos Bus Conductors And A Particular Tone Of Voice? by Godmother(f): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
emmyrichie:

Huh! shocked for real?

Yes o. They c, be very lazy

(1) (Reply)

Extension Of Visitors Visa In Canada / Hotels In London / U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.