Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,203 members, 7,919,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 02:54 PM

Are Nurses Paid Hazard Allowance::::::::::::::: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Nurses Paid Hazard Allowance::::::::::::::: (931 Views)

No Allowance For Officials On Foreign Medical Treatment – FG / El-rufai Closes Govt House Clinic, Redeploys Doctors, Nurses To General Hospital / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Nurses Paid Hazard Allowance::::::::::::::: by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2014
Being a medical practitioner in Africa at this time is certainly a job no one would envy. With the recent ebola scourge ravaging some countries in west-africa, one would think that medical practioners would hang their boots but the reverse is the case.
Kudos to every medical practioner.

With the recent ebola scourge, I have had a re-think and now I feel that nurses are being pushed to the back ground. Using the case of Nigeria for example, we have lost more nurses than doctors. Despite the fact that doctors claim they take more risks when it comes to patients care, Nurses seems to be the people bearing the full brunt and having more casualties.

Are nurses even paid hazard allowance
From a lay man's angle, it seems that nurse are the ones that actually handle patients more. All doctors do is to supervise and instruct while nurses do the the field work. I really feel for the nurses we have lost so far. May God grant their families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

The Nigerian doctors are doing great but they can really do better but I strongly feel nurses are the real MVP (MOST VALUABLE PLAYERS) and they are entitled to every allowance that their doctor counterparts recieve. Maybe not as much as the doctors but the difference shouldn't be much.

Lastly, the lives of every medical practitioner shouls be insure and protected.

1 Like

Re: Are Nurses Paid Hazard Allowance::::::::::::::: by baybiemee: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2014
Concurred
Re: Are Nurses Paid Hazard Allowance::::::::::::::: by theplanmaker: 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2014
the hazard allowance is a meager #5k

(1) (Reply)

Trauma Of Slain Soldiers’ Families I Learnt Of My Son’s Death On Saharareporte / ABIA : Abia’s New Approach To Governance / Ebola Crisis: Doctors In Liberia 'recovering After Taking Zmapp'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.