Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,905 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:19 PM

Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan (630 Views)

Fire Guts Mimiko’s Office As Modu Sheriff Visits Ondo (Photos) / Niger President Issoufou, Visits Jonathan (photo) / Danjuma Visits Jonathan, Avoids Endorsement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan by ModoetForma(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2014
FORMER governor of Borno State, Ali Modu Sheriff has offered to avail security agencies with useful tips on how to combat the Boko Haram insurgency drawing from his governorship experience.
Sheriff, who noted that difficult terrain of Borno has made it difficult for security agents to rout the insurgents, spoke with State House Correspondents after meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan at the presidential Villa, yesterday.
He urged all Nigerians tojoin the fight against Boko Haram because it is a Nigerian problem.
”It is a serious concern to every Nigerian. It is a serious concern to you, me and everybody and it needs everyone of us as Nigerians to put ourselves in a position to see what we can do to help this nation come out of this problem” he said.
Interestingly, Sheriff has variously been accused of establishing a campaign team that transformation into Boko Haram when he was governor of Borno State.
The former governor said the difficult terrain of Borno state has further compounded the fight against the terrorists because those fighting the insurgents must have a good knowledge of the state.
”Borno state is a difficult state compared to any other state in Nigeria. Borno has the biggest landmass bordering Niger, Chad and Cameron. It is an open border. Borno is not like the Republic of Benin with only one entrance into Nigeria. In Borno, you can enter from 20 different points into the country.
Therefore, you need a perfect understanding of the terrain. You need every knowledge that any politician has, particularly any politician that operate in Borno state. That is all we can contribute for now. What ever I can do as a civilian, I will do using my position as the former chief executive of the state for eight years. What I had seen during my tenure I will contribute to the security agencies” he noted.
Dr Sheriff confirmed that he has moved from the opposition All Progressives Congress to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in order to contribute to moving Nigeria forward.
”My interest now should be on how to move the nation forward. Our interest should be on what will make the nation move forward. My decision will be guided by the interest of the nation first. My moving to the PDP is also in the interest of the nation. We believe that every time, as a leader who lead people, you should advise them on the right course of action,” he said.
Re: Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan by arewarepublic: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2014
Let them keep deceiving themselves.

Wicked people. angry
Re: Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 16, 2014
Hmm, where him dey all dis while? undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Ali Modu Sheriff Visits Jonathan by lekkie073(m): 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2014
from what I perceive, the dogs owner has been called for negotiation and bargaining kiss cool

(1) (Reply)

President Jonathan is Responsible If the Ebola Virus Spreads Further - APC / An / 2004 Toyota Corolla Super Neat Car Available For Urgent Sale For 700k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.