Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,525 members, 7,905,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 01:22 AM

100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt (4297 Views)

Please Help My Iphone 5 Can't Browse With Etisalat / iPhone 5 Queues Around The World / Advert War: Samsung Disses Iphone 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lol............IPhone users see una life,simple keyboard and theme,you can't fit to change grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by kowalsky: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2014
sKeetz: Pleeeaase anyone know how I can jailbreak my iphone 5 running on iOS 7.1.2

checkout idownload blog. u'd find everytin u nid der
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by kowalsky: 12:04am On Aug 18, 2014
holusormi:

you have to be intelligent to fully use and appreciate what apple has got to offer
bro, sell ur ipad and go buy tecno,, ull see many dummiesss that u can share your knowledge with. however, if you are willing to stfu and be a good boy, ill help you drive your apple device to heights you never imagined in your wildest dreams free of fuk**ng charge,,

fyi... apple can do virtually all what the moronic op posted, the only thing apple doesn't have is external sd card slot and even if people buy external sd card, dem wan buy pass 4gb , 8gb and 16gb ?? grin grin grin grin grin and apple has it as inbuilt memory, so it means apple will be definitely faster when loading apps

imagine the mumu op blaspheming that apple doesn't have app integration with operating system ...biatchh,, stfu!!! do you even know what app integration means ,, fyi, apple makes their own o.s and their hardware, that is why apple's seamless integration is the best in the world, followed by blackberry,, dont even get me started abeg,, i just dey reach ouse from church

even with a fully jailbroken phone, i can still point out atleast 10 things from the op post an iphone would not do.

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Ziggyzito(m): 12:57am On Aug 18, 2014
Bootybuttchic: nice one op ...wink ...but the funniest thing is most iphone users dont even knw/understand wat u put up there,not to talk of what they can do with their iphone....except taking a selfie that shows the apple logo,listen to small music and chat!
relax. Apple is a quality product. It's a machine with a big price tag... Plus, I play games with my ps3 pad using my 5S. It's jailbroken.... I have fonts like android, I can change my network display, I use themes... I can't even say it all. Bye.

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Ziggyzito(m): 12:59am On Aug 18, 2014
Nsonaso:
Sure because that's just the only thing iPhone/iPad is made for.... Productivity NO
you're talking rubbish. Tell me that lie... Tell me your android device with 2GB of RAM doesn't hang and shiit?
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by dazekid(m): 7:03am On Aug 18, 2014
kowalsky:

even with a fully jailbroken phone, i can still point out atleast 10 things from the op post an iphone would not do.

Please point them out Bro.. And they must not be hardware or NFC related...
Also on your Android phone, open up all the apps and games you have installed and see what happens..

OT:Abeg, sunmitech and tumababa, do any of you guys have an iPhone 5 battery replacement kit, need it urgently to fix my cousin's phone.. Thanks..
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by dazekid(m): 7:07am On Aug 18, 2014
sKeetz: Pleeeaase anyone know how I can jailbreak my iphone 5 running on iOS 7.1.2

Check https://www.nairaland.com/1815507/jailbreak-ios-7.1.2-ios-7.1.1
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by holusormi(m): 7:20am On Aug 18, 2014
Jregz: Lol............IPhone users see una life,simple keyboard and theme,you can't fit to change grin grin grin grin

Who's this fooolishhhh niggerd ?? sad

kowalsky:

Oya start mentioning them and if u mention any hardware shit or if u say any rubbish about NFC ,, amadiohra + Sango will come for your soul today grin
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nsonaso(m): 8:48am On Aug 18, 2014
Ziggyzito: you're talking rubbish. Tell me that lie... Tell me your android device with 2GB of RAM doesn't hang and shiit?
I don't know why people fail to admit the truth....

Android hangs and lags because it has more functions/features...

iOS doesn't lag much because it has less features/function

In programing, more features more bugs and less features less bug do you understand

Note: Note not only iOS that doesn't lag. Windows phone seven doesn't lag too.. back then when I use HTC HD7 16GB it doesn't lag at all.. Simply because it has less features/function to offer.

Both iOS and Windows phone are built with similar architecture i.e
No support for USB mass storage,
Can only transfer media content with clients software iTunes for iOS and Zune for Windows phone,
Can't transfer any other documents (except pdf in iOS) but in Windows phone NO
Can't transfer any system unknown file extension or format
As far as customization is concerned you can only change wallpaper in iOS and tiles color in Windows phone

But Android is more of PC like, you can do 99% if not 100% of what your PC does with Android OS... That is why Android lags. Imagine bringing the futures of your giant PC into a very shrink compact size

iOS can barley do 20 to 40% if jailbreaken and if you can tell yourself the simple truth and shame the devil... iOS lags more after jailbreaken and because of it 90 to 99% of iOS users don't want to jailbreak their devices.

The 2 or 3GB RAM, Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor in Android devices is not to prevent lags, but to perform it's functions more faster... Even my Laptop with 8GB RAM Quad-Core Intel core i5 processor do hangs at times

And come to think of it even we humans (created by the almighty God, the master of all masters) do lag let alone Android OS developed by common human.

So Bro it's a norm for things to lag at times and moreover we are in the world of imperfections so nothing is perfect

3 Likes

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Ziggyzito(m): 10:23am On Aug 18, 2014
Nsonaso:

In programing, more features more bugs and less features less bug do you understand

Note: Note not only iOS that doesn't lag. Windows phone seven doesn't lag too.. back then when I use HTC HD7 16GB it doesn't lag at all.. Simply because it has less features/function to offer.

Can only transfer media content with clients software iTunes for iOS and Zune for Windows phone,
As far as customization is concerned you can only change wallpaper in iOS and tiles color in Windows phone

But Android is more of PC like, you can do 99% if not 100% of what your PC does with Android OS... That is why Android lags. Imagine bringing the futures of your giant PC into a very shrink compact size

iOS can barley do 20 to 40% if jailbreaken and if you can tell yourself the simple truth and shame the devil... iOS lags more after jailbreaken and because of it 90 to 99% of iOS users don't want to jailbreak their devices.

The 2 or 3GB RAM, Quad-Core or Octal-Core processor in Android devices is not to prevent lags, but to perform it's functions more faster... Even my Laptop with 8GB RAM Quad-Core Intel core i5 processor do hangs at times

And come to think of it even we humans (created by the almighty God, the master of all masters) do lag let alone Android OS developed by common human.

So Bro it's a norm for things to lag at times and moreover we are in the world of imperfections so nothing is perfect
thanks mahn!! I get. Saying what I said cos I'm an apple freak. kiss
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by timbros(m): 12:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nsonaso:
...And come to think of it even we humans (created by the almighty God, the master of all masters) do lag let alone Android OS developed by common human...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Chai Chineke God!

This got me cracking up big time! Nairaland no go kill me oo...

*glances up, reads again and...*

Buahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by holusormi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 18, 2014
Nsonaso:

You have never used an ios device before ,, let me attempt to explain sth to you,, android does not lag because it had many features ( that's utter bullshittt) android lags because of its fragmentation,, too many manufactures don't even bother to see if the code is bug free before they push it out into various hardware just to make profit ,,, and what's your gripe with Apple not being able to be used as a USB mass storage device Another reason I said you haven't used and apple device before ,, well I don't even use iTunes to push files and other stuffs to my iphone ,, there are gazillion programs to use on ur laptop that will make your apple device look like USB storage, there is ifile, appandora, I explore , etc I personally prefer appandora cos it's free and easy to use and trust me I can transfer any extension to it
You also said one rubbish about ios lagging after jail breaking ,,, lmao,, yet another prove that you haven't used any apple device before,,, I jailbroke my iphone and with the tweaks I installed from cydia my iphone is much more faster than it was before I jailbroke it ,,

Talking about customization ,, I would have asked if you know what is called 'springtomize' but you don't have an apple device so I won't bother asking , it allows you to customize everything in the iPhone even stuffs as minute as icon coulours , even flex allows ur iphone to adjust brightness when in a dark room or light room, or under fluorescent light, or under Nepa light angry. ,, right now I have about 35 apps open on my iphone and the nigger is as fluid as if I have only one app open,,, try that on ur android and come and tell us ' stories that touch' ,,,, admit it all what you wrote there is jargons you heard from someone who told another person , who told you ,,, you have never had a first hand experience with an iphone before so all your blasphemies are forgiven ,, I on the other hand have used 4 different high end android phones , htc mytouch 4G slide, sgs 3, sgs 4, and htc one m8 ( stolen) and none of them ever satisfied me like my iPhones,, I started with a chip unlocked iphone 5,, I thought twas the bomb until just yesterday when I upgraded to factory unlocked iPhone 5s,,, the fingerprint sensor actually works !!!! ,, admit it bro ,, apple is light years ahead of android ,, android can't even compete with apple for the next 100 + x years ,,

And I hope you know the iphone 6 and ios 8 will soon be out,, now that will be a death sentence to android ,,the main problems you pple have with iphone is the price and am sure if someone offered you an iphone 4 sef ,, u go throw that ur android inside soak away ,,, anyways av said all I have to say!!!

Don't beef the ballers,,,, OkByE

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by gustav25: 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
ilotriouzAY: Abeg wetin be android?? embarassed
android na that man way father you
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by ilotriouzAY(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2014
gustav25: android na that man way father you

wetin now
I dont knw sumtin nd i asked
if u wan help,u suppose explain
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by gustav25: 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
well am not a fanatic .....i use the 4 popular os available now
but i use my android most
then the iphone 4s
and others.......what i know is
the both parties need ample data to enjoy themselves.
And all this ips screen users just pocket your buccal cavities.

If any1 quotes me,na ebola go strike you
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by kowalsky: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
holusormi:

Who's this fooolishhhh niggerd ?? sad

Oya start mentioning them and if u mention any hardware shit or if u say any rubbish about NFC ,, amadiohra + Sango will come for your soul today grin

replaceable keyboards,
USB OTG,
java support,
emulator support,
integrated Fm radio,
okay, 10 was too much from the op's list, but am goin to add some from my own list.
inability to use user songs as ringtones.
support for only mp4 videos(no 3gp. avi. etc.)
inabilty to use iphone's large storage as a usb mass storage.
no bluetooth sharin on default ( jailbreaking tweaks for seamless bluetooth communication dont come cheap. airblue is 4.99)

and why shouldnt i talk about hardware, isnt hardware a vaible part of phone comparison.

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
holusurmi, your problems are bigger than you. you need help.

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by samhay: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
,I subscribe from those data reseller for 1gb which will expireby the end of this month. Th e issue dia is dat,since mawning,My WHATSAPP is not responding to anything but iam browsing with the data i have and the BBM is working,Only the WHATSAPP is not working. Plz i need help on what to do,Note; I av even recharged my fone,i was given the normal/common 5mb yet its not goin,I expect the to deduct my credit and make it connect yet its not happening.PLZ I NEED YOUR HELP. I'm begging
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nsonaso(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
holusormi:

You have never used an ios device before
Correction: I've used an iOS device both iPad/iPhone though there are not mine.. You should have said I've not owned an iOS device... Yes but not because I can't afford it but because Apple has never impressed me with their iPhone/iPad or iOS till when I watched the iOS8 presentation @WWDC 2014 and I became interested but unfortunately the OS isn't yet out for public so I will still wait till October, I will get either iPhone 5s or 6 but for iPad NO

Fragmentation
Fragmentation is never a cause for lag or bug in OS ask any programmer so bro go and read about fragmentation

Any little mistake you made in your cord or syntax you miss will result to a bug...

In programing,
More features = more lines of code = more mistakes =more bugs. Because your code is very tedious it will be too difficult for you locate and fix the bugs

Less features = less line of code = less mistakes= less bugs (your code will be small and it will be more easier to locate bug and fix it.

Haven't you noticed that some memory card when inserted into a phone, it hangs the phone or slows the phone or even drain the phone battery...

there are gazillion programs to use on ur laptop
that will make your apple device look like USB storage,
there is ifile, appandora, I explore , etc +iPhone box
At least you need a third party app (which some are paid and also require jailbreak to work properly which 98% users will not like to jailbreak their devices) to do that but in Android you don't need third-party app or rooting your phone before you can use it as USB mass storage device.

springtomize
Does it work on none jailbroken device? In Android you don't have to root before you customize..

You also said one rubbish about ios lagging after jail
breaking ,,, lmao,, yet another prove that you haven't used
any apple device before,,, I jailbroke my iphone and with
the tweaks I installed from cydia my iphone is much more
faster than it was before I jailbroke it
Well bro.. You know, truth is very bitter to say but it's always good to say the truth...

Believe it or not there is no way you will unlock a locked hardware and software and alter changes to it file systems without a side effects....

We are in imperfect world so
iOS device lags too and that is why Apple continues to provide updates till a new OS is released...

Check this http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/03/18/users-report-freezing-lagging-iphones-with-apples-ios-71-but-overall-crashes-are-down

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonesoftwareterms/a/firmw_history.htm

And iOS also lags even after jailbroken
Check this tread
http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/245583/lag-and-self-reboots-after-jb

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by holusormi(m): 7:45pm On Aug 18, 2014
krall: holusurmi, your problems are bigger than you. you need help.

STFU biatchhh,, anoda broke tecno boy on the loose,, I get all of una time wella today,, e ma ya weyrey nii,,, gbogbo yin patapata
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by ucyemenike: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
Underestimatin iphone undecided , nt saying I knw much bout phones buh I doubt dis post wink

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by dazekid(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2014
Nsonaso:
Correction: I've used an iOS device both iPad/iPhone though there are not mine.. You should have said I've not owned an iOS device... Yes but not because I can't afford it but because Apple has never impressed me with their iPhone/iPad or iOS till when I watched the iOS8 presentation @WWDC 2014 and I became interested but unfortunately the OS isn't yet out for public so I will still wait till October, I will get either iPhone 5s or 6 but for iPad NO

Fragmentation is never a cause for lag or bug in OS ask any programmer so bro go and read about fragmentation

Any little mistake you made in your cord or syntax you miss will result to a bug...

In programing,
More features = more lines of code = more mistakes =more bugs. Because your code is very tedious it will be too difficult for you locate and fix the bugs

Less features = less line of code = less mistakes= less bugs (your code will be small and it will be more easier to locate bug and fix it.

Haven't you noticed that some memory card when inserted into a phone, it hangs the phone or slows the phone or even drain the phone battery...

At least you need a third party app (which some are paid and also require jailbreak to work properly which 98% users will not like to jailbreak their devices) to do that but in Android you don't need third-party app or rooting your phone before you can use it as USB mass storage device.

Does it work on none jailbroken device? In Android you don't have to root before you customize..

Well bro.. You know, truth is very bitter to say but it's always good to say the truth...

Believe it or not there is no way you will unlock a locked hardware and software and alter changes to it file systems without a side effects....

We are in imperfect world so
iOS device lags too and that is why Apple continues to provide updates till a new OS is released...

Check this http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/03/18/users-report-freezing-lagging-iphones-with-apples-ios-71-but-overall-crashes-are-down

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonesoftwareterms/a/firmw_history.htm

And iOS also lags even after jailbroken
Check this tread
http://www.jailbreakqa.com/questions/245583/lag-and-self-reboots-after-jb

Oh,now I understand where you are coming from..You are a programmer and so you think you understand how code works on OS's judging from face value..Well sorry to burst your bubble but if we are talking about code complexity then IOS is more complex than android..IOS is a unix based operating system on a phone while android is a "skinned" linux based operating system on a phone..
If you are still not sure,download an android ROM,maximum you'd see is about 600MB and then download an iOS .ipsw file..Minimum you'd see is 1.1GB(unless you download for 3GS below which are like 860MB)..
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Mafia4life(m): 6:50am On Aug 19, 2014
Na who dey praise iPhone for here? Shut up and say the truth.... Yes, I customised my iPhone so well and it started lagging.. For now, my iPhone reboot often more than Android. I experience like 6 reboots a day or two days... While on this Android, I experience like 2 reboots in a month or never. I discovered that some tweaks got it rebooting.... Now I have disabled some tweaks like winterboard, Jellybean lock,. The reboot has reduced drastically to 1 or twice a day. Jailbreak doesn't make iPhone lag. It is the tweaks that causes lags. That guy that said he never got satisfied using sg3, HTC m3 is only lying his own self. You talked about ifile for transferring files. Ifile doesn't transfer files. It is just a file manager. Now compare your ifile with xplore or ES file manager... You talked of transferring all kinds of file formats. You lied.. If you were talking about this Cydia tweak called "Railway" that makes iOS mount it's storage like Symbian, Java or Android. Then I will accept your claims. The only tweaks worth jailbreaking is Appsync, airblue sharing, xender (the Chinese version) display recorder, activator and railway. These are just features offered by a non rooted Android phone. Get these tweaks to you iPhone and see if your system will be stable like it use to be before.... I wonder how you cope with the stress to achieve some features offered by Android in iOS

3 Likes

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nsonaso(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2014
dazekid:

Oh,now I understand where you are coming from..You are a programmer and so you think you understand how code works on OS's judging from face value..Well sorry to burst your bubble but if we are talking about code complexity then IOS is more complex than android..IOS is a unix based operating system on a phone while android is a "skinned" linux based operating system on a phone..
If you are still not sure,download an android ROM,maximum you'd see is about 600MB and then download an iOS .ipsw file..Minimum you'd see is 1.1GB(unless you download for 3GS below which are like 860MB)..

But have you admitted that iOS do lag too?

Talking about size of Android ROM..
HTC One M8 =1.3GB
GIONEE E7 = 1.7GB

Let us just tell ourselves the truth....... And shame the devil because it doesn't pay to lie.

In productivity wise Android beat iOS hands down..... It's only when you jailbreak that you can do much with your iOS but believe me 98% people that bought their iOS device brand new will not want to jailbreak because they're afraid of the risk, they can't afford to hear stories that touch considering the amount they spent on it.

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nsonaso(m): 7:49am On Aug 19, 2014
Mafia4life: Na who dey praise iPhone for here? Shut up and say the truth.... Yes, I customised my iPhone so well and it started lagging.. For now, my iPhone reboot often more than Android. I experience like 6 reboots a day or two days... While on this Android, I experience like 2 reboots in a month or never. I discovered that some tweaks got it rebooting.... Now I have disabled some tweaks like winterboard, Jellybean lock,. The reboot has reduced drastically to 1 or twice a day. Jailbreak doesn't make iPhone lag. It is the tweaks that causes lags. That guy that said he never got satisfied using sg3, HTC m3 is only lying his own self. You talked about ifile for transferring files. Ifile doesn't transfer files. It is just a file manager. Now compare your ifile with xplore or ES file manager... You talked of transferring all kinds of file formats. You lied.. If you were talking about this Cydia tweak called "Railway" that makes iOS mount it's storage like Symbian, Java or Android. Then I will accept your claims. The only tweaks worth jailbreaking is Appsync, airblue sharing, xender (the Chinese version) display recorder, activator and railway. These are just features offered by a non rooted Android phone. Get these tweaks to you iPhone and see if your system will be stable like it use to be before.... I wonder how you cope with the stress to achieve some features offered by Android in iOS
Bro God must surely bless you for saying the truth...... A lot of people knows this but they're ashamed to say it... Once again thank you

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by slinkman(m): 8:45am On Aug 19, 2014
ios lags after being jail broken.
Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by dazekid(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nsonaso:

But have you admitted that iOS do lag too?

Talking about size of Android ROM..
HTC One M8 =1.3GB
GIONEE E7 = 1.7GB

Let us just tell ourselves the truth....... And shame the devil because it doesn't pay to lie.

In productivity wise Android beat iOS hands down..... It's only when you jailbreak that you can do much with your iOS but believe me 98% people that bought their iOS device brand new will not want to jailbreak because they're afraid of the risk, they can't afford to hear stories that touch considering the amount they spent on it.

Hmmmn..Both ROMs above are heavily themed..Sense and amigo(I think) and the fact is that iOS is pretty dope on its own without jailbreaking..I know this coz I jalbroke my iphone and didn't jailbreak my ipad for a while and it was still cool.Stop judging iOS based on what you read online or what your noob friends say..

1 Like

Re: 100 Simple Things Android Do And Even Iphone 5 Can't Attempt by Nsonaso(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
dazekid:

Hmmmn..Both ROMs above are heavily themed..Sense and amigo(I think) and the fact is that iOS is pretty dope on its own without jailbreaking..I know this coz I jalbroke my iphone and didn't jailbreak my ipad for a while and it was still cool.Stop judging iOS based on what you read online or what your noob friends say..

Well bro am not saying that iOS is not a dope on it own... But not to compare with Android

And am not judging iOS based on what I read online but just trying to clear the guy some real life facts with examples

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Airtel Trybe", New, Cheap Tariff Plan For Youths. / !!!!GBESE Ooo!!!...sad Story Of What AWOOF Airtime Has Cost Me. / Ipad 1, 64gb, Wifi, 3g. Uk Used.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.