Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:49 AM

BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP (884 Views)

Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / APC Joins Nigerians To Request For Audit Report On Missing $20Billion / Senator Annie Okonkwo Dumps APC For Not Having Good Intentions For South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by illuminatic: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
A former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Nuhu Ribadu, has dumped the opposition All Progressives Congress [APC] and joined the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP].

Mr. Ribadu was the presidential candidate of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria [ACN] in 2011 and until his defection today considered one of the presidential prospects of the APC in the 2015 presidential election.

A member of the executive committee of the PDP in Bako, Mr. Ribadu’s ward in Yola South Local Government Area of Adamawa state, told PREMIUM TIMES that the anti-corruption chief has been registered as a member of the party and given a party membership card.

The source asked not to be named because he was not authorised to disclose the development to journalists.

A PREMIUM TIMES report had detailed how the PDP leadership led by the party’s national chairman, Adamu Muazu, mounted pressure on Mr. Ribadu to join the party and be its candidate for the October 11 governorship election in Adamawa.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has already released a timetable for an election being organised to replace former Governor Murtala Nyako who was impeached by the State Assembly last month.

‎Already, Acting Governor Umaru Fintiri and Awwal Tukur, a son of former chairman of the PDP, Bamanga Tukur, have picked the notice of ‎ intent form to seek the PDP governorship nomination for the election. A former military administrator of Lagos state, Buba Marwa, has also indicated interest in running.

Efforts to speak with Mr. Ribadu or his spokesperson, Abdulaziz Abdulaziz, were unsuccessful.

‎Both men’s mobile telephones phones were switched off when PREMIUM TIMES tried to reach them.

Mr. Ribadu is yet to publicly declare for the PDP although he has not refuted any of the reports linking him to the party.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/166849-%E2%80%8Ebreaking-ribadu-dumps-apc-joins-pdp.html#sthash.XwRqhGkf.zjJiqHHs.dpuf

http://.com/post/4073/breaking-ribadu-dumps-apc-joins-pdp

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Descartes: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2014
Umbrella of Corruption Insurance cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Firefire(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
angry
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Everybody in Nigeria seems confused.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by stexsy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2014
even u Brutus.....lolzzz
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by stexsy(m): 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2014
Even you Brutus....lolzz
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by eunisam: 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
APC is a sinking ship while PDP is a moving ship.no man in his right senses will join a ship that is about capsiding.I wish pdp has a better opponent.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by deeobserver209(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
I wish to use this opportunity to welcome the former EFCC chairman, a great man of the people, Mr Nuhu Ribadu to the People Democratic Party PDP! cheesy
We believe your joining PDP is a realization that APC was a big mistake. A man full of integrity and wisdom has no reason to be in the company of supporters of APC who do not have any iota of ideology.
We hope that your wealth of experience will help transform our party, Adamawa State and the country at large.
May you live long as a bona-fide member of PDP.

Sign...
Deeobserver
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by gbeseun(m): 10:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
Ribadu will soon go into political oblivion.
He had d greatest opportunity in life to become a presidential aspirant,and a dream he can't get while in PDP.I wish him well and well.
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Lobolintin(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2014
Jajaweed party... Sheriff left, ribadu left.. I left , even my Dog has even tendered his departure approval to Agbero Peoples Comotion APC or risk eviction from his cage..... APC is 4cked.. Haaahhahahahahahahahhaha...ahaaahaahhahaha, soon .. Whose next ??
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Descartes: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
Canckerworms schooling the supporters of APC of Naija politricks since their dubious merger in 2013 tongue cool
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by StevenJay01(m): 11:08pm On Aug 16, 2014
By the tym d APC ship finally sinks,I see tinubu decamping to PDP.many see this as an impossibility but I believe nothing is impossible. who ever believes APC is the change we need is smoking a dog shit.I spit on Association of Paranoid Crazemen
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by donphilopus: 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2014
I guess Ribadu and Alli Modu Sherrif are no longer supporters of APC since they've defected to PDP!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by FastShipping: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
People are leaving #PDP because they want to be on the side of #Nigerians, going by the level of anti-people policies - @NuhuRibadu Dec 2013
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by Jesusloveyou: 11:49pm On Aug 16, 2014
I pity pdp,ribadu and marwa,if ribadu is favour,what wil marwa do, to come back to apc?no,can fintiri come to apc?imposible,so i pity pdp.
Re: BREAKING: Ribadu Dumps APC, Joins PDP by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
hahaha hmmm
Apc on the brink!!!
na buhari go lose because i am sure tinubu don dey prepare how to sneak into aso rock to sell his party as he did in 2011

(1) (Reply)

Ihejirika Fires Back, Calls Nasir El-rufai A "Boko Haram Commander" / Shema, Amosun Will Be President, Vice President Come 2015 Says Prophet / Learn From History, Forget Second Term- Cardinal Okojie Warns Jonathan Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.