Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,561 members, 7,923,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 05:46 PM

66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. (17834 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 6:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Jimmy Fallon hijacked Stephen Colbert's Emmy awards acceptance speech - and it was either the first shot in a new late night war ... or a totally planned bit. Colbert's crew won for 'Outstanding Writing in a Variety Series' ... and after Gwen Stefani butchered Colbert's name, Fallon ran up on stage trying to deliver his own acceptance speech. Colbert's reaction is pretty funny - especially considering he's taking over for David Letterman on CBS when he retires... and he'll be battling Fallon for ratings.

Of course it might have all been scripted.wink

2 Likes

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sholay2011(m): 7:01am On Aug 26, 2014
RayMcBlue, you've said it all.

Congrats to the winners.

Still sad that OITNB was shut out.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by landuseact: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2014
I can't even express the joy I feel that bryan cranston beat matthew for best actor. I prefer when actors can be subtle in deir performances rather than scene chewing wit quotes upon quotes and I was hoping matthew wouldn't win just because he was having a 'mcconaissance' year. Anna gunn actually won! Good for her. And my lovely martin freeman won even if it was for sherlock and not fargo. I am just so happy fargo nd breaking bad won awards sha. I LOVE modern family and ty burrell, but this is gettn ridiculous. Is jim parson's d only actor for comedy ni Also getting ridiculous

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2014
sholay2011:

Still sad that OITNB was shut out.

Quite unfortunate. Never tagged "Modern Family" as a strong contender, though. Quite a pleasant surprise.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
landuseact: I can't even express the joy I feel that bryan cranston beat matthew for best actor. I prefer when actors can be subtle in deir performances rather than scene chewing wit quotes upon quotes and I was hoping matthew wouldn't win just because he was having a 'mcconaissance' year.

Matthew had a breakthrough performance worthy of an Emmy, but got robbed by voters too sentimental to make correct decisions. A profound disappointment for True Detective crew and HBO.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by persie98: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
nice post
[img]http://smsh.me/axul.jpg[/img][img]http://smsh.me/azlb.jpg[/img]
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by Dreyl(m): 7:19am On Aug 26, 2014
Wow shocked
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by sushieater: 8:08am On Aug 26, 2014
landuseact: I can't even express the joy I feel that bryan cranston beat matthew for best actor. I prefer when actors can be subtle in deir performances rather than scene chewing wit quotes upon quotes and I was hoping matthew wouldn't win just because he was having a 'mcconaissance' year. Anna gunn actually won! Good for her. And my lovely martin freeman won even if it was for sherlock and not fargo. I am just so happy fargo nd breaking bad won awards sha. I LOVE modern family and ty burrell, but this is gettn ridiculous. Is jim parson's d only actor for comedy ni Also getting ridiculous

Oga, are you serious? The quotes upon quotes is what people like me liked about Matthew and the show entirely.
Bryan's win was more like a reward from the Emmy voters for breaking bad's final season and also the fact that matthew was nominated alongside Woody in the same category was somehow a disadvantage for matthew(split votes), Its just like having Harvey and Mike(suits) on the same category of an award.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of
divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shitt. And I’d
like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta
get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the
universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say
about your reality? - Detective Rustin Spencer "Rust" Cole on Religion.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by landuseact: 9:02am On Aug 26, 2014
sushieater:
Oga, are you serious? The quotes upon quotes is what people like me liked about Matthew and the show entirely.
Bryan's win was more like a reward from the Emmy voters for breaking bad's final season and also the fact that matthew was nominated alongside Woody in the same category was somehow a disadvantage for matthew(split votes), Its just like having Harvey and Mike(suits) on the same category of an award.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of
divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of shitt. And I’d
like to get as many of them out in the open as possible. You gotta
get together and tell yourself stories that violate every law of the
universe just to get through the goddamn day? What’s that say
about your reality? - Detective Rustin Spencer "Rust" Cole on Religion.
RayMcblue02:
Matthew had a breakthrough performance worthy of an Emmy, but got robbed by voters too sentimental to make correct decisions. A profound disappointment for True Detective crew and HBO.

I respect your opinions, I just don't agree with them. Obviously HBO thought they had a good shot at winning best actor and drama series which is why they submitted TD in d drama categories instead of miniseries category like fargo and american horror story. This gamble just didn't pay off.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by landuseact: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2014
Happy for martin freeman and the sherlock crew. Joe morton I tuned off scandal because of him, dude should be a character study of over the top acting. Constantly bobbing his head up and down while shout-talking
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by obi123: 9:16am On Aug 26, 2014
i can literally watch orange is the new black, big bang and modern family (especially for Phil dunphy), all day everyday
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by Realtouchnot: 9:17am On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=RayMcBlue]Supporting actor in a comedy series
-Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
-Adam Driver (Girls)
-Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family)
-Ty Burrell (Modern Family)
-Fred Armisen (Portlandia)
-Tony Hale (Veep)

Supporting actress in a comedy series
-Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory)
-Julie Bowen (Modern Family)
-Allison Janney (Mom)
-Kate Mulgrew (Orange Is the New Black)
-Kate McKinnon (Saturday Night Live)
-Anna Chlumsky (Veep)

Guest actor in a comedy series
-Bob Newhart (The Big Bang Theory)
-Nathan Lane (Modern Family)
-Steve Buscemi (Portlandia)
-WINNER: Jimmy Fallon (Saturday Night Live)
-Louis C.K. (Saturday Night Live)
-Gary Cole (Veep)

Guest actress in a comedy series
-Natasha Lyonne (Orange Is the New Black)
-WINNER: Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black)

[quote author=RayMcBlue][b]Supporting actor in a comedy series

-Adam Driver (Girls)
-Tony Hale (Veep)

-Allison Janney (Mom)
-Anna Chlumsky (Veep)

[color=#990000]-WINNER: Jimmy Fallon (Saturday Night Live)
-Gary Cole (Veep)

-WINNER: Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black)

[/color][quote author=RayMcBlue][b]Supporting actor in a comedy series

-Adam Driver (Girls)
-Tony Hale (Veep)

-Allison Janney (Mom)
-Anna Chlumsky (Veep)

-WINNER: Jimmy Fallon (Saturday Night Live)
-Gary Cole (Veep)

-WINNER: [b]Uzo Aduba (Orange Is the New Black)

Wow ! Uzoamaka Nwanneka Aduba ( Uzo Aduba ), really happy for you.

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by GuyFawkes: 9:23am On Aug 26, 2014
prof800: We have some new set of kick a$$ WRITERS in house!
Just in...

Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series
is…
Moira Walley-Beckett who wrote the
“Ozymandias” episode of Breaking Bad.

That was the most chilling episode of Breaking Bad if I remember,that was when Agents Schrader and Gomez got killed.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by tuagbo: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2014
GuyFawkes:

That was the most chilling episode of Breaking Bad if I remember,that was when Agents Schrader and Gomez got killed.
I disagree.The most chilling episode of "Breaking Bad" is "Boxcutter,"Season 4 episode 1 especially the scene "Gus Fring" walked from the door of the laboratory,down the steps and towards "Walter" and "Jesse"."Walter" started defending his actions,"Gus" said nothing then walked towards the lab coat and started putting it on.We all expected their imminent death.Now that's CHILLING!!!
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by mcpat(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2014
GOT didnt win any award :O , How in the seven kingdoms did that happen?
Like if you think Tyrion and Cersei deserved to win

1 Like

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by GuyFawkes: 10:54am On Aug 26, 2014
tuagbo: I disagree.The most chilling episode of "Breaking Bad" is "Boxcutter,"Season 4 episode 1 especially the scene "Gus Fring" walked from the door of the laboratory,down the steps and towards "Walter" and "Jesse"."Walter" started defending his actions,"Gus" said nothing then walked towards the lab coat and started putting it on.We all expected their imminent death.Now that's CHILLING!!!
No doubt that was chilling also but seriously you think the writers were gonna kill off the lead and supporting actor at the beginning of a new season? I doubt,but I loved the scene for its suspense cos we didn't have the tiniest clue what Gus Fring was gonna do.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 11:41am On Aug 26, 2014
mcpat: GOT didnt win any award :O , How in the seven kingdoms did that happen?
Like if you think Tyrion and Cersei deserved to win

Lolz grin

They were completely outclassed by the competition. All in all, this edition was the poorest performance ever recorded by HBO in the last decade.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 11:49am On Aug 26, 2014
landuseact:

I respect your opinions, I just don't agree with them. Obviously HBO thought they had a good shot at winning best actor and drama series which is why they submitted TD in d drama categories instead of miniseries category like fargo and american horror story. This gamble just didn't pay off.

A baffling decision IMHO. True Detective would have made a clean sweep of the miniseries categories easily enough had it been the HBO had the good sense to submit it among it's peers. Well, their loss is FX gain. Both of their miniseries: AHS: Coven and Fargo shared the spoils among themselves.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by tuagbo: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
RayMcblue02:

Lolz grin

They were completely outclassed by the competition. All in all, this edition was the poorest performance ever recorded by HBO in the last decade.
I'm always amused by the obsession of many people with the "Game of thrones" series.The programme was clearly at its best in its first season.Since then,the shows' quality has depreciated.If you truly want to get the full scope of the story and its characters,read the books(they are available in every format).Even the sex stuff(the real reason I believe many people still watch the show) is twenty times more in the books. @"Raymcblue" have you ever heard of the show "Twin Peaks?."Its an old,slow-paced,mystery show but really good
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
tuagbo: I'm always amused by the obsession of many people with the "Game of thrones" series.The programme was clearly at its best in its first season.Since then,the shows' quality has depreciated.If you truly want to get the full scope of the story and its characters,read the books(they are available in every format).Even the sex stuff(the real reason I believe many people still watch the show) is twenty times more in the books. @"Raymcblue" have you ever heard of the show "Twin Peaks?."Its an old,slow-paced,mystery show but really good

I don't share of the opinion that GOT is overrated. The HBO fantasy drama merely had a poor season is all, every TV show suffers from this now and then. Hopefully, the cogs will start working again next season, and GOT may regain some of it's lost shine.

I have heard of Twin Peaks, but I haven't had the pleasure of watching it just yet. I really don't like old shows, to be honest.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 12:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
2014 Emmys: Best Dressed Stars

Sofia Vergara

There's a reason Sofia Vergara is consistently the most-anticipated red carpet attendee—because she never lets us down. And this year she didn't just meet our expectations, she went above and beyond! We thought it impossible to top her red-hot look from last year and yet she did just that in this white-hot Roberto Cavalli gown. We are not worthy!
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 12:59pm On Aug 26, 2014

Hayden Panettiere

Apparently the pregnant Nashville star believes in giving
us the ol' razzle dazzle! The mom-to-be lit up the red carpet in a silver Lorena Sarbu gown, which she said "fit like a glove" and we'd have to agree. But even more head-turning was her plunging neckline—Wowza!
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2014

Sarah Hyland

Just when we thought we were sick of the crop top trend, the Modern Family star shows up in this fresh, fun and age-appropriate look by Christian Siriano. Consider us back and fully committed to the midriff movement!
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:03pm On Aug 26, 2014

Lizzy Caplan

Take note y'all, there's a style star on the rising. The Masters of Sex actress has seriously stepped up her red carpet game recently and tonight's Donna Karan Atelier look may be our favorite yet.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by OohMpa: 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
So Taylor no win? Na boycott we go front for their domot...angry
Which nominee beat Pipes titays? undecided Those jugs didn't confuse the judges to cast the right vote. Those male judges must be effing gay

And they skipped Lohrn Malvo. Sorry to say but Sherlock has nothing on him

Jim Parsons again for William Macy. Oh, those judges are so gay

Jeff Daniels nko? Ooh Mpa don vex *breaks bottle* Person hold me angry angry

How will a chemistry teacher beat the world's famous anchor? He fücking broke Bin Laden news on marijuana dammit. And his McKenzie is far hotter than Skyler White....undecided

Modern family again? cry This bottle must touch person jugular...

No surprises for Aaron, Marguiles, Gunn and C.K

#Team fargo cool
#Team Martinfreeman cool

#Sai

2 Likes

Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2014

Michelle Dockery

Well, no wonder the Downton Abbey actress made Vanity Fair's best-dressed list this year—just look at this Rosie Assoulin gown! If we had to crown a truly unique,
unexpected stand-out of the night, this would be it.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by tuagbo: 1:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=RayMcblue02]

I don't share of the opinion that GOT is overrated. The HBO fantasy drama merely had a poor season is all, every TV show suffers from this now and then. Hopefully, the cogs will start working again next season, and GOT may regain some of it's lost shine.

I have heard of Twin Peaks, but I haven't had the pleasure of watching it just yet. I really don't like old shows, to be honest. [/quote)Suit yourself at not watching old shows.What makes the "Game of thrones" tv series tick?Its story?Its scope?The story and scope of the books are 200 times better than the series.I don't blame many for calling the programme over-rated.Frankly,I do too.Have you read any of the books?Since "Ned Stark" got executed,the show went downhill from there.Too much addition of contents to the series that weren't even in the books
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2014
A show surely can't be overrated if it's within the top 5 best TV shows on the planet in the IMDb, right? You can call GOT overrated all you want, but facts doesn't lie...
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:16pm On Aug 26, 2014
OohMpa: So Taylor no win? Na boycott we go front for their domot...angry
Which nominee beat Pipes titays? undecided Those jugs didn't confuse the judges to cast the right vote. Those male judges must be effing gay

And they skipped Lohrn Malvo. Sorry to say but Sherlock has nothing on him

Jim Parsons again for William Macy. Oh, those judges are so gay

Jeff Daniels nko? Ooh Mpa don vex *breaks bottle* Person hold me angry angry

How will a chemistry teacher beat the world's famous anchor? He fücking broke Bin Laden news on marijuana dammit. And his McKenzie is far hotter than Skyler White....undecided

Modern family again? cry This bottle must touch person jugular...

No surprises for Aaron, Marguiles, Gunn and C.K

#Team fargo cool
#Team Martinfreeman cool

#Sai
grin grin
Take it easy, bro. I'm sure the universe is not asleep. Justice will be meted out at the next edition. wink
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2014

Kerry Washington

Another Kerry classic! Bold, unexpected and ultra chic.
The Scandal star has never meet a bright color she
couldn't werk.
Re: 66th Emmy Primetime Awards (2014): The Official Thread. by RayMcblue02(m): 1:26pm On Aug 26, 2014

Julie Bowen

Prints rarely make it to the best-dressed list because, let's be honest, it's hard to pull off. But the Modern Family star nailed the effect in this Peter Som gown. Bravo, Julie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Scanfrost TV, How Reliable Is It / "The CEO": Kunle Afolayan Wraps Up The Production In Nairobi Kenya (photos) / Television Continental Emerges Station Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.