Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,165 members, 7,919,757 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 01:14 PM

Know This Before Shopping Online. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Know This Before Shopping Online. (476 Views)

SPAR Shopping Extravaganza Abuja: Fashanu, Others Excite Abuja Residents / Share Your Black Friday Shopping Experience / What You Must Know Before Shopping Online In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Know This Before Shopping Online. by Oluwakin(m): 10:55am On Aug 17, 2014
Internet can be fun and can also be dangerous when it comes to shopping online. Do you need to take precaution? Of course yes! I have gained little experience and I will like to share some with you. Nigerian originated cards are beginning to gain acceptance in the international market after some while of banning. Even Paypal is just here with us to boost international shopping. Some shopping malls in Nigeria, USA, China, UK are accepting our cards. To me I prefer shopping online armed with information to take protect my transaction.

I use Eco bank Visa card, naira denominated, exclusively for online shopping. I called Eco bank to activate the card for international shopping and they did. Each time I want to buy online I fund the account with ONLY the amount it will cost me to have the item. With this system nobody can steal any money from your account. The second option is to call them to deactivate the account when done shopping.

How many times did you pause to look at your browser bar when checking out in a shopping site? What did you see? http or https? If you see https, then the site is deemed to be safe. I just discovered that the s stands for 'secure' and that credit or debit card data are sent through the net in an unreadable format. With this your information cannot be hijacked.

When you receive unsolicited emails from individual or seemingly from a bank telling you to upgrade your ATM account or lose it do you click it? Did you know clicking alone is a risk to your computer and by extension to your online shopping?
The sender might send a malicious code with it and it will reside in your computer to steal your password, card data and your identity. This is Phishing. These are some of the tricks you need to know to shop online. This information is extracted from www.mallena.com/How-To-Shop-Online-Safely.php

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know This Before Shopping Online. by Mutuwa(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2014
Nice tip..
Thanks abundantly.

(1) (Reply)

Advertise Your Business And Get Contacted! For Abuja Residents Only / Become Uno Distributor! Weekly Payment. Visa Debit Card And Many More Benefits. / Netmarket Opens - Buy/sell Online @ Netmarket.com.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.