Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,779 members, 7,924,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 03:26 PM

The Great Nation Of Biafra - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Great Nation Of Biafra (7885 Views)

Libya: Nation Of Islam Leader Louis Farrakhan Calls Obama A Killer / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! / The Great Nation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by plusQueen: 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2008
bawomolo:

i think it's safe to say after the end of the civil war, biafra is a lost cause, it's not a silly comment, it's the truth. rather than move towards reconciliation, people are trying to reopen old wounds. creating a biafran state wont solve the problem of the igbo's, but hey you guys can campaign for it. it probably would fall on deaf ears though.

safe for you?
Biafra may have lost a battle but the war is not over since the same sentiments are still alive.
It's not your problem so quit making it yours.
We don't need your sympathy or stupid comments.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2008
roflmao!!! I guess the Admin does not consider BIAFRA a Nigerian issue. Thread has been moved to Foreign Affairs!! na wa oo!!! na AWUSAs or Yorubas cause this one?? ROFLMAO!!
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2008
plus_Queen:

safe for you?
Biafra may have lost a battle but the war is not over since the same sentiments are still alive.
It's not your problem so quit making it yours.
We don't need your sympathy or stupid comments.

the war is over deal with it, why haven't MASSOB been able to start a huge movement. why haven't they gotten the support of the Ohaneze and the igbo elite.  the biafra cries are from the minority.  i'm not making it my problem, it's an open public forum, so i have the right to comment.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 6:59pm On Oct 23, 2008
Foreign Affairs??!!! shocked shocked

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by nerone: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2008
I'm  finding it difficult to figure out the main point of fighting in this forum,  Hope people should get a job.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by bawomolo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2008
Gamine:

Foreign Affairs??!!! shocked shocked

he he seun wicked o grin
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
For once I see a mature Yoruba Man in Seun . .the owner of Nairaland.
Seun, I wish you could imbibe in your brothers the spirit of letting people be just as you have shown by moving the thread to foreign affairs.
We know we are foreigners in the Land of Nigeria and your singular act has confirmed that some Nigerians are reasoning.
This is a sign that one day, the Nigerians will on their own accord allow Biafra to become a Foreign land, just like pharaoh had to allow the Israelites to leave when God dealt with his household.
Biafrans, Igbos do not feel that this action( moving the thread to Foreign affairs) is to insult our cry for our separate nation, rather it is a sign that God is hearing.
Believe it or not, this is a sign. The nation of Nigeria will one day admit that we are not part of them (but foreigners) as this forum just has.
Seun, Thank You for this. We owe you our gratitude.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2008
ROFLMAO!! kiss ass!! Cough! ! ! Cough !!!
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2008
For once I see a mature Yoruba Man in Seun . .the owner of Nairaland.
Seun, I wish you could imbibe in your brothers the spirit of letting people be just as you have shown by moving the thread to foreign affairs.
We know we are foreigners in the Land of Nigeria and your singular act has confirmed that some Nigerians are reasoning.
This is a sign that one day, the Nigerians will on their own accord allow Biafra to become a Foreign land, just like pharaoh had to allow the Israelites to leave when God dealt with his household.
Biafrans, Igbos do not feel that this action( moving the thread to Foreign affairs) is to insult our cry for our separate nation, rather it is a sign that God is hearing.
Believe it or not, this is a sign. The nation of Nigeria will one day admit that we are not part of them (but foreigners) as this forum just has.
Seun, Thank You for this. We owe you our gratitude.

Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 10:44pm On Oct 23, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 4:21am On Oct 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:
Honest Question . . . is the above code for "SHUT UP BECAUSE I CAN NOT STAND YOU ALL NOT TAKING MY SIDE OF THE DEBATE"? lol

Kobojunkie, Nice question you asked there.

What I tried to say is that we must/should avoid talking TOO MUCH/ALWAYS.

You cannot convince someone who has convinced himself/herself that he/she will never change his/her views.

Why not leave him alone to talk while you listen and ask questions.

DO YOU KNOW THAT THE BEST WAY TO WIN AN ARGUMENT IS BY ASKING QUESTIONS?

Learn it and it will be helpful to you.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by plusQueen: 4:32am On Oct 24, 2008
bawomolo:

the war is over deal with it, why haven't MASSOB been able to start a huge movement. why haven't they gotten the support of the Ohaneze and the igbo elite.  the biafra cries are from the minority.  i'm not making it my problem, it's an open public forum, so i have the right to comment.   

You are talking like a child now.
What happened to the ones who spoke out?
Are the conversations we have in private and the feelings deep within our hearts not more meaningful than a movement?
Biafra may be a dream but it's still a dream that cannot be quenched whether it materializes or not
Now you know why most Igbos see themselves first as Igbos then Nigerians just like Jews  in America see themselves first as Jews then Americans
(and no Igbos are not jews before you go off that line)
You can never understand it however you tried.
So don't even bother.
We are lumped together with the rest of Nigeria so let's all smell the gabbage dump we call home
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 5:05am On Oct 24, 2008
Ellyptical :

L + G,
This thread is specially dedicated to the nation of Biafra. It's main aim is to eulogize our great nation that was nearly nipped in the bud - because we Biafrans know it wasn't.
Great Biafrans, fell free to express your respect, admiration, loyalty and longing for the great Nation of Biafra.

@ALL
If I'm right, this is the first post on this thread.
The sentence in bold is the poster's request.

Let us read it again before replying to this thread.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Oct 24, 2008
Elos Agos:

Kobojunkie, Nice question you asked there.

What I tried to say is that we must/should avoid talking TOO MUCH/ALWAYS.

You cannot convince someone who has convinced himself/herself that he/she will never change his/her views.

Learn it and it will be helpful to you.

In some weird way, I know the above makes sense to you, only that I don't think you have a clue what you just said yourself and how your own actions are in contradiction to that doctrine of yours. I am not sure I have tried to CHANGE ANYONE's view on here or any mind. If you even actually read my posts, you would notice I ask more questions than assume I have persons figured out . But you came on here to TELL US WHAT TO DO ACCORDING TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITUATION AND YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Are you sure you practice what you preach?? Are you sure you are asking QUESTIONS instead of MAKING DEMANDS of people on here?? I asked you a question but you, in response have taken it UPON yourself to TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO . . . I don't remember asking you for such info though.

Anywho, THis is a forum, people are free to post as they choose. If you want a SECRET ROOM, there are many offered out somewhere.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 24, 2008
why don't you ask the Fulani man whose picture you posted in your profile? You mean he's the one northerner who doesnt hate Biafra? what a miracle.

Of course, every living person in nigeria knows that 98% northerners and not all supported and keep supporting the killing of the Igbos?
Don't you have an Igbo personality or friend you admire. Or have your deep hatred for this tribe robbed your remaining objectiveness?

Well, the truth of the matter is that i have never been a tribalist and because i admire Ribadu's courage to redeem what his brothers destroyed (even though they wont allow him), that was why his pix is on my profile.

In addition, why not ask all the people killing others for rituals in your hometown, even when no Igbos OR ANY OTHER TRIBE are being killed up north, why they continue to do so.

abi do the  AFRICAN ritual killers only use people from other tribes for their rituals? No be people from among themselves them dey use? regardless which location or tribe them dey?

oya, lets hear your yapping,

Its really a shame that a grown ass man like you would equate ritual killings that take place all around Africa to the constant killing of Igbos in the north.

So its only in Igbo land that people kill for ritual purposes or are you just being ignorant?
Are these ritual killings done in broad daylight and with the full backing of the FG, the police and Igbos?

I guess you've never heard of mob action.

don't bother though, this is not the first time a northerner has openly said in my presence that the killing of Igbos in the north is a perfect thing to do.

I guess am clear now, so no need to answer the question below that many have been asking. Thanks for making everything clear.

Forget about your hated Brafra and tell us why you, the FG and other nigerians keep the killing the Igbos in the north?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Ellyptical: 11:08am On Oct 24, 2008
@nuzo,
Kobojunkie is not a man, rather a lady. One thing that baffles me is that while she tries to make peole see her as a neutral person, she openly diminishes her image by illogical, irrational statements.
To her, the killings mean little or nothing and we should remain in this country and bury the issue of the killings under the carpet.
She wants one nigeria but will never talk about the action of the north which is the greatest threat to the existaence of Nigeria as a single nation.
Well, I really dont know for sure whether she is from the north since her (Kobojunkie's) real name is Tracy Okorie . . sounds Igbo . . or rather Ikwerre.
from general observation, she enters a thread and seemingly for no reason, decides to take a stand opposite to what the general stand of others is, usually to (maybe) create a controversy.
@Tracy Okorie.
Could you please give us a break since the objectives of the post do not suit you?
Can you take time to evaluate you presence here? If you haven't, read the first line and he humble enough to go where your ideas are suited to the objectives of the thread.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 25, 2008
tpia:

grin grin grin

you never disappoint, do you? You're quite predictable. hehehe.

see your response here:

because this part of my statement was invisible to you and yours:

and once again let me repeat: the last time a southerner was killed up north, the victim was A YORUBA WOMAN FROM OGUN STATE.

We all know of mob action in Africa. People get roasted/killed for turning into cats, goats, and seaweed. or for being black and foreign.

Limiting senseless killings as an exclusively northern Nigerian preserve, isnt surprising for people like you. What's the annual rate of ritual murders in you and other people's hometowns today- I don't hear you asking.

anyway I can't argue with a brick wall abeg. Go and cry because Tpia hates Igbos.

The good thing is that we are all adults and we know the truth, even though shamelessly you kept equating the atrocities against the Igbos to ritual killings that go on in all parts of nigeria.
I also know that you dont hate the Igbos that much, but any how, you got to stand by your blood thirsty brothers full time. The problem with that is that, it has been the major issue dividing nigeria and people like you will never see it, just because you've sworn not to.

Like i said before, Biafra would be a none issue if by now the constant killing of Igbos has not persisted in the north after the war till now.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 2:14am On Oct 25, 2008
Sorry to burst ur bubbles my dear igbo pipu. Only 5% of igbos want a Biafra entity. D rest do not care or are indifferent. This was said to me yestrday by an Igbo man workin with the NGRA.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:18am On Oct 25, 2008
Lol @ Gamine, so true!!! cheesy
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 5:49am On Oct 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

In some weird way, I know the above makes sense to you, only that I don't think you have a clue what you just said yourself and how your own actions are in contradiction to that doctrine of yours. I am not sure I have tried to CHANGE ANYONE's view on here or any mind. If you even actually read my posts, you would notice I ask more questions than assume I have persons figured out . But you came on here to TELL US WHAT TO DO ACCORDING TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE SITUATION AND YOUR EXPECTATIONS. Are you sure you practice what you preach?? Are you sure you are asking QUESTIONS instead of MAKING DEMANDS of people on here?? I asked you a question but you, in response have taken it UPON yourself to TELL ME WHAT TO DO AND WHAT NOT TO DO . . . I don't remember asking you for such info though.

Anywho, THis is a forum, people are free to post as they choose. If you want a SECRET ROOM, there are many offered out somewhere.

Kobojunkie please this part wasn't referring to you but to ALL. Sorry, There was a little misunderstanding.

"You cannot convince someone who has convinced himself/herself that he/she will never change his/her views.

Learn it and it will be helpful to you."

This is to ALL.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 6:09am On Oct 25, 2008
Kobojunkie to be sincere to you
I love both Igbo and Yoruba people especially their languages.

The truth is that some people don't just love the other ethnic groups[which is very wrong].

But since the first poster says

"Great Biafrans, fell free to express your respect, admiration, loyalty and longing for the great Nation of Biafra."

I still insist that his decision should be respected. Please don't get my wrong.
According to him, this thread is for ONLY those who among other things LONG FOR BIAFRA.

@ALL

Let's leave out the argument because IT WILL NOT BE OF ANY BENEFIT TO US.

From what I have seen so far, both sides can NEVER convince one of them to go with its ideas.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by tpia: 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2008
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 12:34am On Oct 26, 2008
Well . . .@Elo, the very person who opened up this thread took it upon himself to ATTACK my person from the start. So I understand your wanting peace but in this case, the very poster is the one who kind of threw your argument out the window here. I am indeed disappointed that an adult would stoop so low in a forum, but then again, I have seen thousands like him who throw tantrums and are willing to stab others in the back when they do not get their way or are confronted with situations they are not mature enough to handle.

But hey!! it is a free forum and be sure to expect nincompoops as well.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by maxell(f): 3:28am On Oct 27, 2008
@kobojunkie,

Is it true that you are a woman and your real name is tracy okorie ?
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by SeanT21(f): 3:32am On Oct 27, 2008
maxell:

@kobojunkie,

I think Kobo is a Guy!!!
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by ElosAgos(m): 5:17am On Oct 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well . . .@Elo, the very person who opened up this thread took it upon himself to ATTACK my person from the start. So I understand your wanting peace but in this case, the very poster is the one who kind of threw your argument out the window here. I am indeed disappointed that an adult would stoop so low in a forum, but then again, I have seen thousands like him who throw tantrums and are willing to stab others in the back when they do not get their way or are confronted with situations they are not mature enough to handle.

Thanx for understanding.

nincompoops? lipsrsealed

LOVE ALL
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by savanaha: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well . . .@Elo, the very person who opened up this thread t[b]ook it upon himself to ATTACK my person[/b] from the start. So I understand your wanting peace but in this case, the very poster is the one who kind of threw your argument out the window here. I am indeed disappointed that an adult would stoop so low in a forum, but then again, I have seen thousands like him who throw tantrums and are willing to stab others in the back when they do not get their way or are confronted with situations they are not mature enough to handle.

Here we go again with "attacking your person." Didn't someone already tell you that if you keep acting like an idiot your idiotic person will continue to be attacked. Everything about blackness repulses you yet you come on a majority black forum to attack the persons of different black people and against people to ignore you. Well the "freedom" you claim that everyone should get is what we the "black persons" are exercising.

How much do you sweat with your ill confirmed claims and then when you realize everyone knows your talking crap as usual you claim "attacking my person." Stupid. Yes am attacking your person stupid Kobojunkie hating Nigeria and Nigerians will not change anything so get over your self and go to a KKK forum.
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2008
Elos Agos:

Thanx for understanding.

nincompoops? lipsrsealed

LOVE ALL

Ofcourse you love them all,  Nincompoops and all. . . This forum would not be interesting without them. It is essential that they be here to maintain the balance ( you can tell I watch too much SCIFI ) . . . lol 

maxell:

@kobojunkie,

Guilty as Charged!!
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2008
Rotflmao
Re: The Great Nation Of Biafra by toshmann(m): 6:01pm On Oct 27, 2008
sorry, off topic

@kobojunkie,

what was that stuff nigerians were doing in columbus (sheraton hotel?) lats weekend? just to collect data from some individuals took the whole weekend. and they had only one computer. this nigerian factor thing is in all of us, nigerians. it was soo frustrating and yet, some did not suceed in getting their data for the e-passport. shame

@thread users
sorry for deviating from ur topic. a useless topic if u ask me lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Afghan Christians Weep As Taliban Takeover Their Properties / Biafran Son/Daughter Won In The British Election & Become Parliamentary MPs! / China Is Better For Africa Than The West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.