Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,198 members, 7,950,145 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:17 AM

How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts (2985 Views)

Letter From A Liberian On How Ebola Is Ravaging His Country / Scientists Find How Ebola Disables Immune Response / How EBOLA Got To Liberia From Guinea - Exclusive Report!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2014
So it all boils down to having a strong immune system? ?

Time to marry fruits and vegetables cool
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by pickabeau1: 11:15am On Aug 18, 2014
Not a smart use of words... is ebola the only medical issue in the country

smartchoice: I wonder what nma relevance will be if Nigeria is able to curtail this virus while they are on strike!
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 18, 2014
pickabeau1: Not a smart use of words... is ebola the only medical issue in the country

Einstein.... Am sure you people have plenty medical issues that JUSTIFIES your devilish strike?
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by pickabeau1: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2014
Dude...strikes are not new in any part of the world

What is new is that professionals embark on incessant strikes because of consistent faithlessness by the authorities to meet agreed conditions

Go figure...

smartchoice:
Einstein.... Am sure you people have plenty medical issues that JUSTIFIES your devilish strike?
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by anitank(f): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2014
BishopMagic: The problem is now just beginning. Ebola will mutate in future and become deadly as HIV.

The recoverying patients and those that have been discharged will become naturally immune to any future Ebola attack but that doesn'nt stop them from contracting it without signs of symptoms and become vector hosts. This is why in my book HIV is so dangerous.

A virus needs a strong host to spread. The Ebola virus will mutate in future and become less virile and as such will be transmitted easily into large populations. For example take syphilis in the mediviel Europe, the disease back then killed people Infected within a year. As the disease spread into larger mutation populations the disease became less docile but no less more dangerous.

Ebola in the next 10 years will become a global pandemic being more deadly and destructive.

The political situation arising from this as we are currently witnessing will be tightninng of immigration from pandemic nations.

The pale horse man has been unleashed

God help us all.
That would be your own theory and I totally disagree with you.

Small pox was a more deadlier virus which caused over 500 million deaths in the 20th century and over 80% of people who contracted the disease especially children died. It was believed that you can't count the number of children you have until they've all survived small pox, it was that bad.

WHO certified the eradication of small pox and in 2011, it was declared eradicated.

Just like the outbreak of SARS in south China and its surrounding countries in 2002, I believe the issue of Ebola will be resolved over the next few months and soon we'd be over it
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by Candyrain(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2014
sartorius: @candyrain, I can tell amost alll d doctor volunteers are members of the nma, a couple are resident doctors public health department luth.
If that's the case then I have no hitch with them. I know medical personnels have this oat they swore and they should uphold it.
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by BishopMagic: 2:33pm On Aug 18, 2014
anitank:
That would be your own theory and I totally disagree with you.

Small pox was a more deadlier virus which caused over 500 million deaths in the 20th century and over 80% of people who contracted the disease especially children died. It was believed that you can't count the number of children you have until they've all survived small pox, it was that bad.

WHO certified the eradication of small pox and in 2011, it was declared eradicated.

Just like the outbreak of SARS in south China and its surrounding countries in 2002, I believe the issue of Ebola will be resolved over the next few months and soon we'd be over it

Most of those cases of death attributed to smallpox occurred in the new world ( south America) and was unintententionally introduced by the Spanish. The Aztec civillization downfall was as a result of this because the smallpox pandemic was at then restricted to the then old worl Europe, Asia and Africa.
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by strangest(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
oduastates: Number one : the federal government is not doing anything.

Number two : the incompetent federal cannot do anything.

Number three : do not expect the federal government to do anything. She does not exist.

The Lagos state commissioner and LASG are doing everything on their own .The reason why he has no time for the camera.

Are you okay? You better go for ebola test
Re: How Ebola Patients Survived – Experts by asadike(f): 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2014
honestly,i tink am 1 of those wit Npc1 mutuation. I av a very high resistant to viral infection. Is there anyway i can help infected patients?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emergence Of Frank Nweke. / Up Close And Personal Picture Of President Jonathan With OAU SUG Exco / Buhari With Graduating Classmates (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.