Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,016 members, 7,925,157 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 11:16 AM

Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? (1566 Views)

The Culture Of Wedding Ring And Its Meaning In Nigeria / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by ademega(m): 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
You see some people using their wedding ring for sometimes after wedding and later they removed it and put appearance of single man or woman . So , want to ask , are you still using your wedding ring and if no why and hope its a kind of agreement between you and your spouse .
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by bellong: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
This is an over-stressed topic here.

The wedding ring is simply an invention of the west to sell jewelries. Only used it for 3-5 days and never did after. I can't even recognise the ring if I see it.

Your vows is not in the ring but in actions.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
Well to Be candid, I outgrew it from being fed fat by my lovely wife and at one point I had to use soap to be able to get it out.

Haven't used it in 2years out of our 3 years of bliss.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by krazydave(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
Well, ain't married yet, but from the two post above mine..... I don't think i'd even consider buying a wedding ring anymore

#we'd jes exchange bibles instead

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2014
Proudly yes.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by IFY124(f): 9:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
I have been married for 5years now and still wear mine. I love wearing it and hubby wears his own too

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by Kanwulia: 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
Only when I want to poooooose! cool

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by teeboo: 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ofcos,I wear it at all time,hubby will not like me go out without my band,same to him too
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by hushmail: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
pls do not disregard d importance of d ring

it signifies ur comittment to ur spouse from d view of others

except u r intent on extramarital u ve no reason not to wear it

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by kate85(f): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
I've been married for 8 years and I still wear mine. Hubby does too. Though the original one was stolen from me at gun point but hubby got us another set.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by FINA4804(f): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2014
I still wear my own, my hubby wears it more because he hardly takes it off.its good to wear especially if you have

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by bellong: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2014
hushmail: pls do not disregard d importance of d ring

it signifies ur comittment to ur spouse from d view of others

except u r intent on extramarital u ve no reason not to wear it

How does the ring make you committed to your spouse if you don't have any intention to? Is there any charm or jazz of commitment in the ring?

Have you not seen a lot of married people with rings on doing extra-curricular activities?

What is the foundation of the use of the ring?

Its only one of the ways for gold jewellers to make profit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, you may have a case for the female but for men, if you can use it, its good for you and if you can't, there is no heaven in it.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by Vikky014(f): 3:36am On Aug 19, 2014
krazydave: Well, ain't married yet, but from the two post above mine..... I don't think i'd even consider buying a wedding ring anymore

#we'd jes exchange bibles instead
meaning what?exchange bibles how?
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by b3llo(m): 8:31am On Aug 19, 2014
I don't use it because am not yet married.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2014
ademega: You see some people using their wedding ring for sometimes after wedding and later they removed it and put appearance of single man or woman . So , want to ask , are you still using your wedding ring and if no why and hope its a kind of agreement between you and your spouse .

No,bcause we ar no more together
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by angiemartinez(f): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2014
our marriage is still young and yes we both have it on. i fell in love with a guy then, neva knew he was was married. after like 4 outings he wore his band. i almost ran mad, anyway dat is passed now. thats one reason i told my bh to always wear his and he complied.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by dytbabe: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2014
I wear it, flashes sef bt even at that men never stops following me
I think in this part of earth, wedding bands actually means nothing to these men, am tired of having to ask them if they didn't see my finger ni grin grin grin

So at some point am like what's the use
I think am too hawt to be ignored
Fan pls, am hotter than fire
grin grin grin grin

*wedding band for sale oo*
*straight face*
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by soonest(f): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
Yeah! Still wearing mine. Same as hubby. Infact we have 2 sets. The one for everyday use and 1 for special outings
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by ahnie: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
yeah....but not always.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by callola: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
married for five years now and i dont know its whereabout. Fidelity is not on the ring but in your heart.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by maingwaest(f): 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
I have been married for four yrs and I don't leave the house without my rings;it ll seem as if am walking around naked. Hubby does too.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by EfemenaXY: 7:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Nearly two decades on and it's still very much on my finger. smiley
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by floranbee1(f): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
I've been married for 3years now,my ring is always on my finger whether am sleeping or washing cos I don't take it off.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by beeevan: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
We don't take ours off.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by apolonius(m): 7:13am On Aug 20, 2014
How is such an information relevant to you since you already know some people don't wear theirs?
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by afrobaby(f): 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
3 years down the lane, and I still do. Infact, I love wearing it,
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by shevon: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Armed robbers came to my house last year and my ring was one of the thins they took. I have not bothered to replace it since then.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
I rock my wedding band everyday.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by GodsDivinefavor(f): 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Men no dey even honor d thin, dey still disturb u.
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by Ninilowo(m): 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
FINA4804: I still wear my own, my hubby wears it more because he hardly takes it off.its good to wear especially if you have
I have been wearing my own since my wedding day till tmoro. I don't even remove it any longer
Re: Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? by FINA4804(f): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Yeah I wear mine always i only remove it when I want to go to bed because mine is two the engagement ring isn't so tight on my finger that's why I remove at bed time but my hubby's own is 24/7
Ninilowo: I have been wearing my own since my wedding day till tmoro. I don't even remove it any longer

(1) (Reply)

Please Advice: Postponement Of Election Will Disturb His Wedding. / PHOTOS- Meet Couple Who Plans To Wed 38 Times In 83 Days In Different Countries. / The 42-year Old Great-grandmother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.