Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,485 members, 7,885,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 10:32 PM

Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? (4537 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Was I Wrong To Have Moved Out Of My Parents' Place? / Is It Wrong For Parents To Display Affection In Front Of Their Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2014
thorpido: Yes, that seems to be the issue between them.The fact that he wants to delegate.However,doing it at her discretion means it's going to be occasional.I guess the guy wants it to be regular.
They both need to reach an agreement on it.
doing it at her discretion might mean that it is going to be occasional but that doesn't mean she won't be doing some other things in the house.

e.g she might provide the money for the soup things today and the next time she might ask the hubby money for soup things maybe because she had stock the kitchen with all the foodstuff needed for the month. So which one is better?

If i am the woman i won't even argue at all abi how much will it cost to make a pot of soup?? Since he feels he is capable to do everything and lets see how long that will last.....What is soup matter in all of the family matters? Then the day there is no foodstuff, i will just cook the soup and then serve him like that if he thinks that is the only think i can be useful for.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2014
Thanks to you all. My friend intend to be paying all other bills. He even told her that when things get better for him economically that he would take her off that bill too.

He wants to be giving her money for bulk purchase of staple foods periodically so that he can concentrate more on saving for their un born kids. He merely want her to be handling stuffs like soup , soap and other minor but short term expensis like that.

Is it fair for modern ladies to want to be traditional when it comes to family finance and Kardasian when it comes to romantic treatment?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
kingviny: Thanks to you all. My friend intend to be paying all other bills. He even told her that when things get better for him economically that he would take her off that bill too.

He wants to be giving her money for bulk purchase of staple foods periodically so that he can concentrate more on saving for their un born kids. He merely want her to be handling stuffs like soup , soap and other minor but short term expensis like that

Is it fair for modern ladies to want to be traditional when it comes to family finance and Kardasian when it comes to romantic treatment?
Is this what your friend told here? As in is this how he explained to her?
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
kingviny: Thanks to you all. My friend intend to be paying all other bills. He even told her that when things get better for him economically that he would take her off that bill too.

He wants to be giving her money for bulk purchase of staple foods periodically so that he can concentrate more on saving for their un born kids. He merely want her to be handling stuffs like soup , soap and other minor but short term expensis like that.

O.k that is fair enough. It shouldnt be a cause for alarm then.
BUT I hope he sticks to his part of the agreement. It seems the way he communicated it with her did not sit down well with her. I hope performing house chores aare not a big deal to him too.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sophyrocks:

O.k that is fair enough. It shouldnt be a cause for alarm then.
BUT I hope he sticks to his part of the agreement. It seems the way he communicated it with her did not sit down well with her. I hope performing house chores aare not a big deal to him too.

When he is providing everything?

Is the wife to be asleep? angry

If she does not want to contribute, no lele; she does all the chores herself

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by freecocoa(f): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Smh, delegation ko donation ni.

Is this even supposed to be a problem? Na wa o, people dey sha.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
bukatyne:

When he is providing everything?

Is the wife to be asleep? angry

If she does not want to contribute, no lele; she does all the chores herself

LOL. true. To me, those items he mentioned are not a big deal to provide myself. If he is providing everything, then let it be everything. If she is assisting then no harm in the man assisting with a few chores. Since she is so traditional, then let her face the house chores squarely. My opinion though.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by luvablesam(m): 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
kingviny: A very close friend told me he asked his wife to be, to when they get married be handing soup matters while he will still be buying other foodstuffs and provisions. This he said is not in anyway to abdicate his manly responsibilities, he just feels in this modern age, a working woman should be able to handle some minor bills at home.

His fiance is refusing vehemently. He said she prefers the man providing the fund for everything and then she using her discression to add her money if and when neccessary. As it stands now, they are both on a collission course on this divergent school of thought about family finance yet, they want to tie the knot soon.

Great people of nairaland, what do you think of this issues? I have given him my 10 kobo advise but I will like to know what others think, especially, married nairalanders.

Thanks

Well,I don't thinlk its right,marriage isn't a political appointment. Everyone should use their discretion to know what to handle.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by ElFenomeno1: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Chaleeee: If they are both working, they shd pool their salaries into a joint acct and spend it together.

They dont have to do that for there to be an amicable solution.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by addictiv(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Then what is she contributing to the union if she cant handle just an aspect feeding and the guy handles other aspects. If they cant work it out, everyone should pay n provide for his/ her chaw. Marriage isnt scholarship.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by ElFenomeno1: 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Women are so tight nowadays its ridiculous....
Thank God for my wife.
I play my role as a man and hubby and she does her role extremely well.

OP, good luck to your friend ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by thorpido(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: doing it at her discretion might mean that it is going to be occasional but that doesn't mean she won't be doing some other things in the house.

e.g she might provide the money for the soup things today and the next time she might ask the hubby money for soup things maybe because she had stock the kitchen with all the foodstuff needed for the month. So which one is better?

If i am the woman i won't even argue at all abi how much will it cost to make a pot of soup?? Since he feels he is capable to do everything and lets see how long that will last.....What is soup matter in all of the family matters? Then the day there is no foodstuff, i will just cook the soup and then serve him like that if he thinks that is the only think i can be useful for.
That's why they need to settle it.It seems the wife wants him to provide everything and she choose what she wants to do.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by addictiv(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2014
thorpido: That's why they need to settle it.It seems the wife wants him to provide everything and she choose what she wants to do.
Can you imagine?
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Women are so tight nowadays its ridiculous....
Thank God for my wife.

Please what is the role as a man and hubby and the role as a woman and wife? I need to know honestly. i am only asking YOU because you mentioned it in your post.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by lharstborn(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Why can't they open an account solely for anything that has to do with choppies and basic home needs,and the wife should be in charge of the account,the man should be responsible for dropping money into the account and the wife too,at her discretion.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
thorpido: Delegate house bills?Well I don't think it right the way you put it.
In marriage,you have to understand that you are both in it to work for each other.The man should provide for the house and the wife contribute especially if she works.You could both come to an agreement on who provides what.

I'm concerned however about your friend and his fiancee.It seems they are both not right for each other.Seems there will be financial squabbles when they both marry.

Well said,a man should be d sole provider of his family while d wife is the helpmate irrespective of either she is working or not.u both should come to an understanding not delegate bill rooster to her like she is a squatter

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by 5minsmadness: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
The problem with marriages is that people don't marry for love anymore. If you love someone you are that person's mumu, you shift grounds for the person, you do the things that makes the person happy because invariably that's what makes you happy.

Now all we have are selfish people who feel the person they marry should outdo themselves for them. They want to be treated as princesses and kings, they want to be provided for , they want to be catered to. Nobody does anything just out of love anymore.

It was better when it was arranged marriages. This western ideology is whack. Our ancestors were wiser.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by 5minsmadness: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
And there is nothing wrong with the word 'delegate'. If you fail to plan then you plan to fail. You can't just leavethe job for anybody to do. If an assignment is left for 'anybody' to do, nobody will do it in the end!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by crackhaus: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
cococandy: Yep it does.
If a family feeds well,in a month what they spend on groceries may well be more than other bills put together.
Best believe it.
Feeding isn't a minor issue.
I know that feeding isn't a minor issue, and I also agreed about feeding being part of paying bills. My problem is/was, how does buying soup items/ingredients 'singly' qualify as bills?

All foodstuff and provisions should already include soup ingredients na, I don't see how exempting the items needed for soup makes sense when purchasing all provisions and foodstuff...

It's like going to the market to buy yam or garri but not buying the ingredients for the soup to eat it because someone else does that...no sense in that whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Godmystrength: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
ElFenomeno1: Women are so tight nowadays its ridiculous....
Thank God for my wife.

Godmystrength: Please what is the role as a man and hubby and the role as a woman and wife? I need to know honestly. i am only asking YOU because you mentioned it in your post.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by crackhaus: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength: That is when there is enough money....Ask those men whose wives lock up their shirts every money to demand for ''soup money''
Indeed, poverty can make one argue over who buys ingredients for ordinary soup.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by rolled: 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
People laughting at soup things
You think every soup is cheap?
Have you ever bought a fish for 10k before and it would be used twice for soup
Then to cook a nice stew for a small family
Feeding nor cheap oh
Your friend needs to talk to future wifey in a more appealing way

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by crackhaus: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
rolled: People laughting at soup things
You think every soup is cheap?
Have you ever bought a fish for 10k before and it would be used twice for soup
Then to cook a nice stew for a small family
Feeding nor cheap oh
Your friend needs to talk to future wifey in a more appealing way
Cut your coat according to your size. What are you doing with 10k fish when you're working on a tight budget.

As for stew, if your means will not accommodate expensive pork, beef, or chicken...buy cheap fish and add prawns or smoked fish to spice the stew up.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by kingviny: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
crackhaus:
Indeed, poverty can make one argue over who buys ingredients for ordinary soup.

I beg your pardon!
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by ElFenomeno1: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Godmystrength:

Godmystrength: Please what is the role as a man and hubby and the role as a woman and wife? I need to know honestly. i am only asking YOU because you mentioned it in your post.

Let me tell you something.... My role centres around three key areas

- Be a leader
- Love my dear lady unconditionally
- Serve and provide for my dear lady

As long as i am doing all of the things above well, my wife is happy... She will do some things without waiting for me to turn up.

Pot of stew? SMH... My wife doesnt wait for me to come back from trips before she heads to ASDA or Waitrose to do the weekly shopping... and no, we dont have a joint account.

Why should a working woman be fighting her husband for money to make a pot of stew if the husband has been good?

Even when i was dating, i had times when my ex will do the grocery shopping without my knowledge, and i will ask for the receipt so i can pay her, and she will reject it...

My wife does that till today... At times when she does the grocery shopping, i ask to reimburse and she rejects.... what do i do? go out there and buy her a nice gift to show appreciation and gratitude for using her head and playing the role of a wife well.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by crackhaus: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
kingviny:

I beg your pardon!
Not in reference to your OP, but in reference to her example of women holding on to their husband's shirt because of soup money.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by rolled: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oga am not the op
My problem now has gone beyond feeding

crackhaus:
Cut your coat according to your size. What are you doing with 10k fish when you're working on a tight budget.

As for stew, if your means will not accommodate expensive pork, beef, or chicken...buy cheap fish and add prawns or smoked fish to spice the stew up.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
5minsmadness: The problem with marriages is that people don't marry for love anymore. If you love someone you are that person's mumu, you shift grounds for the person, you do the things that makes the person happy because invariably that's what makes you happy.

Now all we have are selfish people who feel the person they marry should outdo themselves for them. They want to be treated as princesses and kings, they want to be provided for , they want to be catered to. Nobody does anything just out of love anymore.

It was better when it was arranged marriages. This western ideology is whack. Our ancestors were wiser.

People did not marry for love in our fathers' time either

What helped was that there was a stiff division of duty that everybody stuck by

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
This is not a minor issue. "at my discretion" doesnt work in marriage oh, you both need to know what each other is bringing for better planning.
What does she intend to do with her money? Was she not feeding herself before she married him? As she is now, does she not have a budget for food or does she just eat selectively at her discretion?
Two partners are coming together to form a team, it is better to both know what we are bringing and where we stand before we start the partnership than to start discussing terms and conditions half way and at that point pay lawyers an arm and a leg. If the partnership will not sail its better and cheaper to know from the beginning.

Just imagine you want to set up a company, and one partner says I will buy the land, set up the office and you just buy office supplies and the other one says "No oh, i will only buy office supplies at my discretion" haba.

If you want to be a traditional wife dont come complaining when he acts like a traditional husband.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by 5minsmadness: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
bukatyne:

People did not marry for love in our fathers' time either

What helped was that there was a stiff division of duty that everybody stuck by
Exactly! So let's kukuma go back to that method.
Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by bukatyne(f): 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
aisha2: This is not a minor issue. "at my discretion" doesnt work in marriage oh, you both need to know what each other is bringing for better planning.
What does she intend to do with her money? Was she not feeding herself before she married him? As she is now, does she not have a budget for food or does she just eat selectively at her discretion?
Two partners are coming together to form a team, it is better to both know what we are bringing and where we stand before we start the partnership than to start discussing terms and conditions half way and at that point pay lawyers an arm and a leg. If the partnership will not sail its better and cheaper to know from the beginning.

Just imagine you want to set up a company, and one partner says I will buy the land, set up the office and you just buy office supplies and the other one says "No oh, i will only buy office supplies at my discretion" haba.

If you want to be a traditional wife dont come complaining when he acts like a traditional husband

LOL!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Delegate Some House Bills To A Wife? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
bukatyne:

LOL!

True nah. If I was the man I will not raise my hand to do a thing in the house, let her sweat, cook, clean, bath the kids and only sit and watch TV all day, let me see the mouth she will use to complain after all supporting each other should be at ones "discretion"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??! / I Want A Wife But I Don't Want Kids! / Woman Spots Herself In Photo Of Her Husband Years Before They Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.