Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,942 members, 7,927,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2024 at 10:20 PM

I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos (1047 Views)

I'll Expose How Elite Conspired To Ruin Nigeria: Buhari / Yoruba Obas Squatting To Snap With Buhari (Photo) / Buhari’s Govt. After Me Despite How I Helped Them To Power — Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by Kingspin(m): 11:12am On Aug 19, 2014
Oba of Lagos: I’ll expose role of
Yoruba obas during Abacha’s
regime after 2015 poll
Says over 90% of Nigerians are
corrupt
By Abdulwahab Abdulah
Lagos—OBA of Lagos, Rilwan
Akiolu I, yesterday in Lagos,
exploded, saying he would
shake the nation after the 2015
general elections. He threatened
to reveal roles played by some
Yoruba Obas during the regime
of late military dictator, General
Sani Abacha.
Oba Akiolu, who was the father
of the day at the public
presentation of a 368-page book
titled, “Corruption and Human
Rights Law in Africa”, authored
by Dr Kolawole Olaniyan, a
renowned lawyer and legal
adviser in Amnesty International,
AI, noted that no single person
should be blamed for Nigeria’s
woes.
His words: “I will shake this
nation after the election in
February. The man who made
the statement that I lifted oil
should cover his face in shame
because I was still a serving
police officer and I wonder how
I would have such time to be
involved in the lifting of oil.
Those who collected Abacha’s
money know themselves and I
will quote witnesses. Let us stop
apportioning blames, forget the
past and work towards a better
future for this country. Do not
put 100 percent blame on
President Goodluck Jonathan
because the person who caused
the problem knows himself.”
The Oba called on Nigerians to
see the battle against the
scourge of Ebola Virus Disease,
EVD, Boko Haram insurgency,
among other challenges
confronting Nigeria as a
collective responsibility that
must be battled by all.
Mr. Femi Falana, SAN, who
chaired the occasion on behalf
of the Chief Justice of Nigeria,
Justice Mariam Aloma Mukhtar,
described the death of a
Nigerian lady in Dubai for Ebola
after she was quarantined on
arrival from Nigeria yesterday
morning as a result of deep
corruption in the system.
Falana said: “Because of massive
corruption in the continent
today, the fundamental human
rights of the people have been
severely infringed upon. What
the author has done in his book
is that he has challenged all of us
to think about the effect of
corruption in the continent. The
challenge of Ebola is not being
tackled under the provisions of
the law.”
He also blamed corruption for
the failure of the Federal
Government to allegedly care for
Nigerian soldiers fighting
insurgency in Borno State,
especially without adequate
weapons and welfare. This led to
the protest by their wives,
saying “this is a manifestation of
the collapse of the Nigerian state.
So something must be done.”
In her remarks, Deputy Consul-
General, United States, US
Embassy in Nigeria, Dehab
Ghebreab, said there was a link
between human rights violation
and corruption in Africa.
According to her, “corruption
can breed militancy and
insurgency, which we have been
witnessing in Africa.”
She stressed the determination
of the US government to support
Africa in tacking the menace,
while commending steps taken
by the author for the book on
human rights and corruption.
A senior advocate of Nigeria,
SAN, Mr. Tayo Oyetibo, applauded
the author, saying it “will
definitely expand our scope and
frontier of the human rights law
in Nigeria and Africa.”
Also in his remarks, Mr Richard
Akinnola, an activist said,
“Corruption is not just about
looting the nation’s treasury, it is
also corruption when our value
system is been infringed on.”
On his part, the author said he
wrote the book to expand the
provisions of the law on human
rights law as well as expose the
extent at which corruption had
denied Africans their natural
fundamental rights.
www.vanguardngr.com
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 19, 2014
Tough talk!

I hope it will not unleash the likes of sgt. Rogers on you?
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by fiverrwin(f): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2014
My brother give us now while you want to wait till after 2015.
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by Mynd44: 12:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
First the Olubadan, then the Awujale now the Oba of Lagos.....

Oba Ade Sijuade's reign is coming to an end. If it was the days of old, these kingdoms would have come together and invaded Ife. grin

While I don't care about Oba Ade Sijuade, I am concerned about what will happen to the Title of the Ooni as it seems to be losing the respect of the Kings who are supposed to pay homage to it.

The Alake is still quiet abi? Where is the Ewi of Ado and Deji of Akure?

It is Aux Armes now

1 Like

Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by JEITO: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2014
Speak now or forever hold your peace lipsrsealed
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by oduastates: 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
There is no need for that.
We will simply wait for the current useless generation of obas to leave the stage .
Emphasis on
Alaafin
Ooni
Olubadan
Alake

I would not have included the alaafin if not for the fact that, instead of being the custodian of the Orishas on earth ,he worships a foreign god.
Until he renounces the cult called Islam and do the job which he was born to do as the head of the yoruba religion, his name will remain on that list.
When he should be marshalling resources to build the biggest groves ,museum , orisa temples , ifa universities ,colleges etc so that the adherent of orisa can congregate or come on pilgrimages ,he is doing nothing.
Meanwhile here are his children in the Americas singing his name
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by overhypedsteve(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mynd44: First the Olubadan, then the Awujale now the Oba of Lagos.....

Oba Ade Sijuade's reign is coming to an end. If it was the days of old, these kingdoms would have come together and invaded Ife. grin

While I don't care about Oba Ade Sijuade, I am concerned about what will happen to the Title of the Ooni as it seems to be losing the respect of the Kings who are supposed to pay homage to it.

The Alake is still quiet abi? Where is the Ewi of Ado and Deji of Akure?

It is Aux Armes now
what re you saying. How dare you invade the motherland. Ife is the motherland. And you dare not invade it. The first invasion of Ife led to anarchy and chaos in yoruba land which later led to the ibadun conference. It is noteworthy that yoruba land was unable to form a united front against the British because of the resultant disunity and segregation.the army of dahomey marching to egbaland in 1851 fell under British made guns and ammunition supplied to egba. Just outside the walls of egba. Believe me if not for the disunity in yoruba at this time, a united yoruba nation would have given the British people a run for their money. And that would have to large extent prevented the annexation of yorubaland into Nigeria.
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by macof(m): 6:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
overhypedsteve: what re you saying. How dare you invade the motherland. Ife is the motherland. And you dare not invade it. The first invasion of Ife led to anarchy and chaos in yoruba land which later led to the ibadun conference. It is noteworthy that yoruba land was unable to form a united front against the British because of the resultant disunity and segregation.the army of dahomey marching to egbaland in 1851 fell under British made guns and ammunition supplied to egba. Just outside the walls of egba. Believe me if not for the disunity in yoruba at this time, a united yoruba nation would have given the British people a run for their money. And that would have to large extent prevented the annexation of yorubaland into Nigeria.

Bro Ife is very invadable. Sijuwade is a disappointment to the Title of Ooni.
This man should be an Oba for Oodua's sake not a business man running to Israel on pilgrimage and ignoring every problem of the Yoruba people

The Ooni is the most sacred Image in Yorubaland but Sijuwade has desecrated it, if it was in the past people would have forced his suicide
Re: I'll Expose Role Of Yoruba Obas During Abacha's Govt After 2015 Polls-Oba Lagos by macof(m): 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
Oduastates you have stated the truth, it pains me when an Oba of all people rejects his identity and begins to lick Arab/Jewish and European shiit
He won't reject being Oba but all rites and responsibility that come with the title is shoved aside.

We need a resistance group to speak up against all these wrong doings by politicians and Obas.
How can we be secure in an Oduduwa nation with these corrupt and weak men

History they won't teach us, our traditions they would abolish, our culture they would substitute our spirituality they call idolatry
What use do they serve the Masses??

Look at many Towns are so dirty, bad roads etc

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Ticket: Buhari, Kwankwaso, Others Meet On Emergence Of Northern / New N1.38b Ijebu-ode Flyover Bridge Develops Fault / If We Must Tackle Corruption In Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.