Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,495 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:15 PM

Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption (27194 Views)

s / 12 People Who Ruined PDP And Jonathan's Administration. / APC: An Ally Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by cyunited(f): 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
MzJackBaueress: What will Jonathan be remembered for?

The only Nigerian president who appointed ex-
convicts and criminals in his cabinet

Stealing is not corruption

A president who increased the price of petrol
almost a hundred percent. It was later reduced
after series of outcry. (Subsidy protest)

A president who is yet to add a thousand
megawatt to the national grid since he became
president

And so much more....
And thé only président whose wife cries "diaris God oh" angry

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by darne(m): 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
So far, so good,.....This administration has shown how weak it is, the head is rotten alrdy,..
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Tundeiab(m): 11:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
egift:

I give you President Yar'Adua, oya list the 1001 ways
The guy didn't even complete his first tenure. I don't like talking ill of the dead. Another name please.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by jcflex(m): 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
d list is end list,
new head of service, was find wanting on corruption and was pronounce nt fit to hold any public office again by court of law, yet gej go ahead n appoint him.
same wit current minister of health, wen he was d CMD at Ebonyi state teaching hospital, obanikoro is der a thug nw a minister of state on defence, n opportunity to continue thurgery with legal backing cus of power dat be
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by adekennis(m): 12:22am On Aug 21, 2014
vicadex07: Op your forgot alameeigseha, al mustapha, farouk lawan, abba moro, alison madueke and other subsidy theives that were never mentioned, yet the masses were made to pay for it. Our president likes romancing theives, liars and corrupt minded people. What does that make him?

Throughout his whole administration, not a single corrupt public official has been successfully prosecuted. All we hear is setting up of various committees without anything tangible to show for it
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:51am On Aug 21, 2014
odun4love: grin cheesy ;I smell e-war...........!!!

The president is good..... But bad people surround him....

Whats "good" about a corrupt,hypocritical, and divisive man?
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Datsme: 1:29am On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:
Cleared by EFCC?
grin Politricks was played out and we all know Tinubu's worth. He could pay say anything.

Tinubu is a former Governor, and last I checked, Former Governors can be investigated.
GEJ is flawed. We all are. Need I remind you we should cleanse ourselves before cleansing others?
People in the APC accuse Jonathan of corruption but fail to realize that he who lives within a glass house never throws stones. What happened to their ever corrupt leader and governors?

Mega crap!
u v jus type a good RUBBISH! #NoFacts
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by deletrue: 2:22am On Aug 21, 2014
Largas: You have to open a new thread on the looting legacies of Tinubu as well.
corrected version: the actual name is Thiefnub.u, meaning one who does nothing other than taking (stealing) home the Lagos budget
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by djfaithy: 3:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Largas:
LMFAO!!! I laugh at your st.u.pidity, indeed the power of brain-washing propaganda has clouded your brains.

You can go on, party along and enjoy your thread, it doesn't stop GEJ from handing over power to NOI in 2019.
Now its NOI not peter obi anymore, ok .... Dream on
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by KriTic24A: 4:00am On Aug 21, 2014
Any Surprise?
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by aperture11: 4:42am On Aug 21, 2014
I seriously pity Nigerian youths. Following this thread actually made me sad. I am apolitical and a simple question like this actually need not be political. The OP stated facts or presumed facts, if you want to knock off his argument present facts and stop this politicization of every thread.

I didn't vote for Jonathan in 2011 but I might vote for him next year because I haven't seen a better candidate as at now and I will choose a lesser evil, but he has been super lax on corruption. That is the fact as I see it. Even he encapsulates that belief when he said "all these things they are calling corruption is ordinary stealing".

It is important for clear reasoning people to stop defending the defenceless.

embarassedChikena

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 21, 2014
aperture11: I seriously pity Nigerian youths. Following this thread actually made me sad. I am apolitical and a simple question like this actually need not be political. The OP stated facts or presumed facts, if you want to knock off his argument present facts and stop this politicization of every thread.

I didn't vote for Jonathan in 2011 but I might vote for him next year because I haven't seen a better candidate as at now and I will choose a lesser evil, but he has been super lax on corruption. That is the fact as I see it. Even he encapsulates that belief when he said "all these things they are calling corruption is ordinary stealing".

It is important for clear reasoning people to stop defending the defenceless.

embarassedChikena
I guess you didn't go through my posts on this thread. Go through my 3 or so posts, dispassionately, and reach your own conclusions. The facts are clear.

GEJ may not be saying the right things with regards to corruption but I believe he is doing his best as permitted by the STRUCTURE of Nigeria. The structure of Nigeria is such that corruption can only be fought EFFECTIVELY through prevention- using technology, ICT, transparency and systems to block all avenues of corruption. And this structure cannot be changed unless all the various parts of Nigeria agree on the need for a new progressive, non-oil dependent new Nigeria. This is the reality. And PREVENTION is what GEJ govt has been doing- in the pension system, PHCN privatisation, using biometrics to flush out ghost workers, passage of FOI bill, details of contracts awards, removal of fuel subsidy, etc.

The logic is simple, if there are no or less avenues to steal, people will have less or nothing to steal.

Through the GEJ approach, over N150 billion was recovered from pension thieves, plus prosecution of few of them that were caught. Over N100 billion was recovered from ghost workers. Note that not just that these funds were recovered, the leakages were blocked to prevent recurrence in future.

Now compare this approach with the OBJ initial gra gra approach. What was the result? What was recovered? How many convictions was secured?

If you think you can fight corruption the way APC goats are suggesting in Nigeria, then goodluck to you. Meanwhile, APC goats should give examples of APC governors that are fighting corruption in that manner. If the leading APC governor, Fashola, can FIGHT traffic offenders, why cant he FIGHT corruption in Lagos state? If the Lagos state govt can prosecute Al Mustapha , why cant they prosecute cases of corruption? From available reports, APC governors are even reluctant in adopting corruption preventive measures.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by masciv: 5:59am On Aug 21, 2014

Show me your friends and I'll tell you who you are. Birds of a feather flock together. Any leaf that gets attached to soap will end up being part of the soap.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by masciv: 6:07am On Aug 21, 2014
cyunited:
And thé only président whose wife cries "diaris God oh" angry

The only President I've heard to allow allocation of 0% of the whole budget to education yet preaching about youth development.

A glorified hypocrite.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by iiiyyyk(m): 6:14am On Aug 21, 2014
What happen to 58billion, or 28billion, abi na 18 billion that was missing,
I the man without shoes......
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Amhappy(f): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2014
wellmax: @ OP, common stealing, you are calling corruption.

About six months ago, innocent job seekers were asked to pay certain amount of money for Immigration job. At the end, about 16 lives were lost. Till date, no refund has been made to the applicants, no indictments and the minister is still occupying office. What message does that send?
It means the Minister just did the right thing in the eyes of his oga at the top.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by deletrue: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2014
What about Atiku? Can any individual mention any Nigerian who is more corrupt thant Atiku? It means all the most serious thieves can only be found in APC.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:32am On Aug 21, 2014
Largas: You have to open a new thread on the looting legacies of Tinubu as well.

Suspected looting is different from successful looting. Don't confuse yourself
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:37am On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: Opportunity comes but once.

I don't think Jonathan has stolen any Nigerian naira.

I think He has.
I THINK He is part of the 49.8 billion naira looters.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

Suspected looting is different from successful looting. Don't confuse yourself
Suspected ke?!
LMFAO, all you bribed dogs should let me be!!!
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by deletrue: 7:44am On Aug 21, 2014
Lucasbalo: The President is a big mistake and the whole country is paying for it. 6 years of his presidency and the country is declining under his watch like the country declined under his predecessors. Woe betide all the past and present leaders for turning what is suppose to be a first world to a perpetual third world. God will never forgive them for years of misrule and mismanagement . Whenever I travel and see countries like Singapore , Malaysia ,Taiwan and so on, it saddens me. This are the countries Nigeria is supposed to be compared with not Congo , Haiti, Zambia and so on. The leadership has failed Nigeria and Jonathan is the latest . God help Nigeria and Nigerians.
Look at this rural boy. You no even sabi count sef. GEJ came in 2011. How does 2011 to date makes six years? I travelled to Singapore this and that. Mumu first class.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:07am On Aug 21, 2014
eaglechild: They have all been "flushed out".

But the clear and present danger is that the most corrupt coalition between a frog eyed looting midget and an asthenic jihadist, wants to seize power at all cost and this we must resist.
That frog eyed looting midget as U call him leads a party that has positively transformed nigeria in all domains it control (I don't think U want to argue this fact)
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2014

Good in sending out policemen to kill us when we protest against him (subsidy period)

Good in setting up committee's without using the result for anything

Good in sending His wife to go live on national TV and make me regret being a nigerian.

Good in tabling important security details of our blessed independent country to the American government.

Good in showing a remorseful face at any bomb scene he visits.

Good in declaring State of Emergency without expected results.

Good in sweet talking nigerians like U to believe He is a good man.

Indeed He is good

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2014

Good in sending out policemen to kill us when we protest against him (subsidy period)

Good in setting up committee's without using the result for anything

Good in sending His wife to go on national TV and make me regret being a nigerian.

Good in tabling important security details of our blessed independent country to the American government.

Good in showing a remorseful face at any bomb scene he visits.

Good in declaring State of Emergency without expected results.

Good in sweet talking nigerians like U to believe He is a good man.

Indeed He is good
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by hadizadeezy(f): 8:19am On Aug 21, 2014
I don't see GEJ as a corrupt leader but as a clueless one, if he's corrupt then he's intelligent which we all know he's not.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Demdem(m): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2014
KingIOb: Cant blame those who still have the military rule mentality.

Goon, there is a reason why Nigerians elected an EXECUTIVE leader. One of the main reasons why he is an executive is to make sure these institutions do their work. Jonathan has failed in this regard.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by hadizadeezy(f): 8:48am On Aug 21, 2014
what a clueless
leadership!!! where the president offers
billions of Naira to the state assemblies to
impeach elected governors just
because they don't belong to his party, and
still pretends to be democratic. smh
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 21, 2014
Nigeria shall burn shall burn from ashes to dust...no stone to rise again upon the other........watch out!!!
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Abduljohn(m): 10:11am On Aug 21, 2014
MY TAKE!

Though am not exoneratin any party but in corruptn, the worst APC is better than the best PDP.

Challenge me on dis n i ll give u point.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by egift(m): 10:26am On Aug 21, 2014
Tundeiab: The guy didn't even complete his first tenure. I don't like talking ill of the dead. Another name please.

Give us the 1001 ways Jonathan is better than him and stop hiding behind his coffin. Or forever remain silent.
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by whitecat007: 11:05am On Aug 21, 2014
Please add ponmo lips thief Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to that. Thanks.
vicadex07: Op your forgot alameeigseha, al mustapha, farouk lawan, abba moro, alison madueke and other subsidy theives that were never mentioned, yet the masses were made to pay for it. Our president likes romancing theives, liars and corrupt minded people. What does that make him?

Throughout his whole administration, not a single corrupt public official has been successfully prosecuted. All we hear is setting up of various committees without anything tangible to show for it
Re: Jonathan Administration: An Ally Of Corruption by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2014
Johnathan has taken corruption in Nigeria to a new level

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sanusi Meets With Nigerian Students In Scotland (pics) / Buhari Emerges DAAR 2018 President Of The Year (Photo) / Early Photos Of APC's Presidential Rally In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.