Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,285 members, 7,881,064 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos (577 Views)

Fresh Case Of Ebola Recorded In Liberia / Suspected Ebola Cases In Ghana / FG To Arrest Peddlers Of Salt Solution Cure For Ebola As Two New Cases Identifie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
The Lagos State Government on Wednesday said it has recorded five new suspected cases of Ebola Virus Disease on Tuesday.The Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, who disclosed this at a press conference in Alausa Ikeja, added that two ofthe fresh suspected cases were secondary contacts.He explained further that the remaining three were primary contacts with the late Liberian, Patrick Sawyer who imported the disease into the country.The commissioner said, “The fresh suspected cases have increased the number of patients in isolation wards from two to six.”Idris explained that there were three suspected cases before the five new cases were brought in. He added that the suspected case ─ a Liberian who was brought into the isolation centre from the Muritala Muhammed International Airport ─ had been released, having tested negative to the Ebola Virus Disease.He said, “Till date, we have recorded eight suspected cases,five of which were brought in yesterday. We have 12 confirmed cases on the whole out of which five have died and five have been discharged. We are currently following up on 213 contacts while 62 have completed the 21-day follow-up.”
http://www.punchng.com/news/ebola-five-new-cases-recorded-in-lagos/
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by Nnamdini(m): 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
The dangerous part of this virus is that somebody somehwere that is postive without even knowing is walking about freely infecting other people.we need more enlightenment not only from the government but every other social & religious institutions to curb this evil
ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK INCLUDING YOU & I!!!
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by ikesim: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by emperortony: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Don't even know what to say again!! When we think its coming to an end, next is a whole new beginning. They come up with news of their recovery, next you hear one victim is dead. God please heal our land.
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nnamdini: The dangerous part of this virus is that somebody somehwere that is postive without even knowing is walking about freely infecting other people.we need more enlightenment not only from the government but every other social & religious institutions to curb this evil
ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK INCLUDING YOU & I!!!

A person does not become infectious until they start seeing symptoms of the disease. And one of the first symptoms is a high fever that knocks the patient down in such a way that mere walking along happily on the street, is difficult. Remember Sawyer had to be tested for HIV and Malaria in Togo when he first showed signs of illness. Comon man, there has been so much information on Ebola both online and in print the past few weeks.
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by Nnamdini(m): 6:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

A person does not become infectious until they start seeing symptoms of the disease. And one of the first symptoms is a high fever that knocks the patient down in such a way that mere walking along happily on the street, is difficult. Remember Sawyer had to be tested for HIV and Malaria in Togo when he first showed signs of illness. Comon man, there has been so much information on Ebola both online and in print the past few weeks.

i agree with you dear but you will be amazed how much ignorant so many people are concerning this virus in this part of the world.the reasons i included every social organisation & especially religious ones are that most people in the rural areas dont listen to or hear news.so these places i mentioned above are the best meduims to reach out to them
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by merieam16(f): 6:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Ebola: Five New Cases Recorded In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nnamdini:

i agree with you dear but you will be amazed how much ignorant so many people are concerning this virus in this part of the world.the reasons i included every social organisation & especially religious ones are that most people in the rural areas dont listen to or hear news.so these places i mentioned above are the best meduims to reach out to them

So true

(1) (Reply)

Prototype Ebola Drug Clears Early Test Hurdle / Drugs For Low Sperm Count And Weak Erection / Pressure On A Woman Without A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.