Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,494 members, 7,971,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 04:57 PM

Jackie Chan Responds To Son's Drug Bust: "I Failed To Teach My Son" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Chan Responds To Son's Drug Bust: "I Failed To Teach My Son" (534 Views)

Wizkid & Davido Failed To Show-up At Olamide’s #OLIC2 Concert(fans Reaction) / Karen Igho Steps Out In Style Since Giving Birth To Son. / I'm Ashamed, Shocked And Heartbroken,says Jackie Chan After Son's Drug Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jackie Chan Responds To Son's Drug Bust: "I Failed To Teach My Son" by Adrenaline123(m): 9:21am On Aug 21, 2014
Jackie Chan wrote that he felt "extremely furious" and "extremely shocked" at the news of his son's drug woes, adding that Jaycee's mother is "heartbroken."

Jackie Chan publicly addresses son's drug bust for the first time
"I'm extremely furious. His mother is heartbroken."
Police found more than 100 grams of marijuana at son's Beijing apartment
The kung fu star was an anti-drugs ambassador in China

Hong Kong (CNN)--
Kung fu movie star Jackie Chan says he "takes responsibility" for the drug charges laid against his son, 32-year-old Jaycee Chan, in Beijing.
Police detained the junior Chan, who is originally from Hong Kong and also an actor, as well as Kai Ko, a 23-year-old Taiwanese actor, during a raid on August 14 in Dongcheng district, Beijing, state media said.
Both men tested positive for marijuana.

'Really sorry'
After detaining the young actors, police searched Jaycee Chan's apartment and found more than 100 grams of marijuana. He was also accused of "hosting others to take drugs," the state-run China Daily said. He could face three years in jail under Chinese law.
State broadcaster CCTV aired footage of Chan, his face blurred, showing police where the drugs were hidden at his home, while Ko was shown making a tearful apology.

"I very much regret what happened. I'm very sorry to those who support me, like me or even know me personally," he said. "I just want to tell them I'm really sorry. I've set the worst example, which had the most terrible influence. And this is a huge mistake."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/21/world/asia/china-drugs-jackie-chan-son/index.html?hpt=hp_c5

(1) (Reply)

Paula Decided Not To Go Back With Robin Thicke Because She's Into Girls - MTO / Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Wed In France / Reese Witherspoon Feels "Very Lucky" To Have A Appurtenant Husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.