Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,843 members, 7,902,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19967 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by armadeo(m): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gozychuks: When U ask a girl out or trying to be friends with her. And she asks ''What do u do'' and u answer am ''currently job hunting''. Then she loses interest and stops paying u attention sometimes even sees u as good for nothing. That really hurts.

You never tay for market that Na why this one be your issue for this matter.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Atmmachine(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
If you think that getting a job in Nigeria is so hard, come to America, you go run go back.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Atmmachine(m): 4:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Female applicants using their honey pot to get the job i have been struggling to get..

Na God go punish them for me.. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
crowntoro: LMFAO grin grin grin grin grin, I know the person you are talking about. lipsrsealed
na that one u go know grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by zurine(f): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
wow
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by UnimkeAk(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
vivaciousvivi: Been told "No vacancy" in bastardized forms of Engish by security men angry Graduates don suffer

Assinn so annoying.

Thats how one day A classmate of mine told me dat d firm He works in was hiring new engineers bt he wont b around cuz he was goin 2 sch 4 his clearance. Nysc tins.
i got up drove to d company.. Greeted the gateman cordially, told him i wanted 2 see the Personnel manager or secretary.

Cuz d dude saw me with brown envelop, He knew it was cv. Dude Was rude, didnt allow me in, said d premises is out of bounds to non employees, started telling me plenty stories up 2 d point of giving me career advice.. I was jst listening and noding my head, yes sir.
Upon that the bastard didnt pass on my cv 2 d office.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
jimie:

You are joking right ? Cos they ain't true.GE do recruit people. I have attended their interview once and I was extremely impressed!!

did u get the job?

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
sleekytoolz:

Asin eeh....Especially that number 5 cry
bros, my points no reach 5 nah
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by san316(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
What pisses me off. 1. When u call hr and they say ''we'll get back to you'' 2. Apply 4 a job and realize that they just need 1 person(why dem no just give their fada) 3. When i apply and they don't acknwldge or even call me(annoying)
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
seagullbabz: Mine is writing a CBT test, and waiting forever for the result, and then Dragnet sends you a text you got 48.21 as scores, and even send like 2 emails and 1 extra text again to buttress their point like you argued its a lie. Then you find out the text came in when some people have even collected their first month pay for the same position.
keystone

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by crowntoro(f): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
ednut1:
na that one u go know grin grin angry
tongue tongue tongue, yes.. I know the person but I wont tell you.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Omo na so I go one interview ooo, men I got to d venue. D company is in lekki phase 1. Human resouces head came out I swear this girl no pass 23 she asked me for my cv gave her I laughed, I tot she was jokin oo then some stanbic ibtc pension mangers came and we're looking for the HOUR the girl intoduced herself gbam during the interview I was just laufin funny ebeuf the company is quite big I just saw dat they are just kids in da company. Well got email for d bext stage. I no go oo cos me I am 28 oo stay put for my former job d salary sef na just 60k. No hope for goverment uni grads again oo

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by davide470(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Jamean:

loool..didn't know you've got a new job.."watchdog"
all these jobs you are changing, diaris God o!
I can be the 'watchdog' of your heart! No salary nor allowances needed.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Capableben(m): 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
6. Publishing already filled vacancies for the sake of due process
7. Redundant email links or dead career portals on most companies webpage
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
9. Girls run from you like a plague, don't even let em spot your bent heel
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll

pls what course did you study sir
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by davide470(m): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
bossmini84: Omo na so I go one interview ooo, men I got to d venue. D company is in lekki phase 1. Human resouces head came out I swear this girl no pass 23 she asked me for my cv gave her I laughed, I tot she was jokin oo then some stanbic ibtc pension mangers came and we're looking for the HOUR the girl intoduced herself gbam during the interview I was just laufin funny ebeuf the company is quite big I just saw dat they are just kids in da company. Well got email for d bext stage. I no go oo cos me I am 28 oo stay put for my former job d salary sef na just 60k. No hope for goverment uni grads again oo
No vex oo boss! But shey na inferiority complex do you abi na pride make you dey laugh? If you dey complaain, you never see anything yet oo..

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
davide470: I can be the 'watchdog' of your heart! No salary nor allowances needed.. grin grin

Ogbeni, this one you are applying for the role of watch dog in all the hearts of NL ladies, abeg leave some for us o.... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by cc150615(f): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
bossmini84: Omo na so I go one interview ooo, men I got to d venue. D company is in lekki phase 1. Human resouces head came out I swear this girl no pass 23 she asked me for my cv gave her I laughed, I tot she was jokin oo then some stanbic ibtc pension mangers came and we're looking for the HOUR the girl intoduced herself gbam during the interview I was just laufin funny ebeuf the company is quite big I just saw dat they are just kids in da company. Well got email for d bext stage. I no go oo cos me I am 28 oo stay put for my former job d salary sef na just 60k. No hope for goverment uni grads again oo
I don't get what annoyed u,that the hr manager looks younger than u so u can't let her employ u? Ok o,u never need the job, if my papa get company nd he put me as hr no come work, u never need job!

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by smudge2079(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Jamean:

So Jesus answered and said, "were there not 10 cleansed? But where are the 9"
pastoress, preach!

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lewinskee: 7:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Really wink
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Welrez(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
That so awkward moment when you meet a mountainous pile of files before submitting your own application. Nigga would be like... Who will sort out all this? Whose would go to the toilet? Whose would gather cobwebs...

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Cusan: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Emphasis on working experience as if they didn't start from an initial course
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Welrez: That so awkward moment when you meet a mountainous pile of files before submitting your own application. Nigga would be like... Who will sort out all these? Whose would go to the toilet? Whose would gather cobwebs...
grin grin cheesy
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ogashman(m): 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
I went for an interview.after d interview,i ws told to submit four passport photographs(after previously submittin four hard copies of my c.v).
I left n after a week,i received a regret txt msg(so annoyin).

i had to go there d nxt day,met d secretary n collected my passports.
@least they will be useful in future.

8 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Kosigift(f): 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
davide470: No vex oo boss! But shey na inferiority complex do you abi na pride make you dey laugh? If you dey complaain, you never see anything yet oo..
I just tire 4 d guy... Smh
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by orgasticdance: 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
1. Limited amount of jobs or career options. I cant aspire to be the best birds observer in the world or por.n director and make a living of it in Nigeria.
2. The limited jobs are mostly in Lagos, Abuja and ph.
3. The typical Nigerian company does not innovate or reinvent anything.
4. How when you get the job, the company rarely wants to invest in giving you the tools to exceed well at the job.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Anyi3(m): 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Receiving a regret mail packaged in a nice pdf file.
mehn why make someone burn extra mb to open regret

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
What y'all are facing is normal, because after the storm comes the sunshine. Most peeps have been searching for a year plus and yet nothing is forthcoming.

Here is what I advice, start small anywhere or somewhere use that as a stepping stone or springboard to the next level. Whinning will not solve the problem, but getting busy will salvage the situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by eledacedar(f): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
6. Publishing already filled vacancies for the sake of due process
7. Redundant email links or dead career portals on most companies webpage
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
9. Girls run from you like a plague, don't even let em spot your bent heel
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll

Number 5 ehn.
Imagine getting an invitation for a chat with mgt and placing a call to the number and they tell you that it's based on your application on a job portal.

On getting there, they give you paper that you'll write a short test and while you are wondering why a test when the SMS invite says chat, you get the shocker.

It's MLM! MULTILEVEL MARKETING SH* T OF ONE YEYE PRODUCT LIKE THAT.

We nearly beat them up that day o.

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by peenkey(m): 9:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Imagine an Interviewer asking me why I'm still jobless and 'not doing anything' 5 months after NYSC. How will I not be jobless when una no gree give pesin work after interviews and tests.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Recruitment For Constables 2019 Begins. See Thread / How I Lost A Job Today Because I Didn't Grow In Lagos / Tony Elumelu Foundation 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme Application Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.