Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,626 members, 7,889,004 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

Facts About Palestine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Facts About Palestine (2882 Views)

Oldest Bible Found In Palestine Confirms Jesus Was A Servant Of God / 8 Reasons Why Israel-palestine Peace Deal Has To Be In 2014 / The Reason Behind The Isreal Palestine Crises. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
3,000 BC - Canaanites were the People of Palestine

2,500 BC - Canaanites around Jerusalem. Jerusalem established by Jebusites a Canaanite tribe.

2,000 BC - Prophet Ibrahim/Abraham [as] migrates to the land of Palestine/Jerusalem.

1842 BC - First mention of Jerusalem discovered in a text [Egyptian].

1,700 - 1,500 BC - The rulers of Egypt called Hyksos invade Jerusalem.

1,350 BC - First mention of Jerusalem as a city state discovered in an Egyptian letter called the Tel Amarna letter.

1,250 BC - Prophet Mussa/Mosses [as] leads his people out of Egypt.

1,200 BC - A people from Greece called the Philistines occupy the Land of Canaan and most probably Jerusalem and ruled it for only 40 years.

1,200 - 1,020 BC - Jebusites rule the city of Jerusalem.

1,020 BC - Prophet Daud/David [as] fought a battle with the Philistines, destroyed them and established the Ancient Israel.

965 BC - Prophet Sulayman/Soloman [as] succeeds Daud [as] as the King of Israel. 922 BC - After Sulayman's [as] death the Kingdom of Israel was split. Judea with Jerusalem as its capital and Israel destroyed by Babyloniaons.

926 BC - Egyptian forces occupy Jerusalem. However, the house of David was allowed to flourish under Egyptian rule!

701 BC - Assyrians capture Jerusalem and make the whole of Judea a tributary state.

587 BC - Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon destroys Jerusalem including Sulayman's [as] Temple. All Jews are either killed, exiled or taken prisoners. END OF ISRAEL! Only after 400 years!

538 BC - Persian King Cyrus captures Jerusalem from Babylonians and allows Jews to return as his 'citizens'. The Jews re-built the Temple.

332 BC - Alexandra the Great captures Jerusalem.

301 BC - Break up of Alexandra's kingdom, the Ptolemics of Egypt rule Palestine. 200 BC - Greek/Syrian Seleucids capture and rule Jerusalem.

169 BC - Seleucid King Antochius destroys forbids the practice of Judaism.

167 BC - Macabbean [Jewish] revolt. Hasmonean dynasty founded, Temple restored. 134 BC - Syrians siege Jerusalem. 63 BC - Pompey head of Roman Army captures Jerusalem.

70 AD - Titus the roman General destroys the Temple. Jews totally banished from Jerusalem.

135 AD - Emperor Hadrian captures Jerusalem, re-name it Aelia Capitolina and expels the remaining Jews.

326 AD - Constantine the Roman Emperor became Christian. Christianity became the official religion of the Empire thus began the Christian era of Jerusalem.

614 AD - Persians under Khosras occupy Jerusalem.

628 AD - Heraclius the Roman Emperor re-occupies Jerusalem.

638 AD - The great Caliph Umar liberates Jerusalem.

1099 - Christian Crusades occupy Jerusalem.

1187 - Sal'audeen re-occupies Jerusalem from the Christians.

1229 - Jerusalem ceded by treaty for ten years to Crusaders.

1239 - Muslims regain control.

1243 - Mongols invade Jerusalem.

1517 - Under Muslim Ottoman rule.

9 Dec 1917 - Ottoman surrender to British. Jerusalem & Palestine become British Mandate.

1948 - Al Nakba [The Catastrophe] Britain evacuates and Jews destroy Palestinian villages and the State of Israel is founded.

1948 -1967 - Between 1948 & 1967 Israel controls West Jerusalem and Jordan control East Jerusalem.

1967 - Israel occupies East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
Re: Facts About Palestine by mukina2: 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2006
ah belloti tell them some people just type but they dont really know what they are typin for angry angry angry
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2006
Did you know,

, That, the 1947 recommendation of the General Assembly in favour of the creation of a "Jewish State" was outside the competence of the Assembly under the Charter of the United Nations.

, That, all attempts by the Arab States and other Asian countries to have the Assembly submit the question of "constitutionality" of its recommendation to the International Court of Justice for an "advisory opinion" by the Court were rejected or ignored by the Assembly.

, That, when the Assembly began to experience "second thoughts" over the matter and convened for its second special session in 1948, it failed to reaffirm the 1947 recommendation for the partition of Palestine-thus destroying whatever dubious legality that recommendation for the establishment of a "Jewish State" had had

, That, that original 1947 recommendation to create a "Jewish State" in Palestine was approved, at the first vote, only by European, American and Australian States, for every Asian State, and every African State (with the exception of the Union of South Africa) voted against it, And that, when the vote was cast in plenary session on 29 November 1947, urgent American pressures (which a member of the Truman cabinet described as "bordering onto scandal"wink had succeeded in prevailing only upon one African country (Liberia), both of which had special vulnerability to American pressures, to abandon their declared opposition?, And that, in other words, the "Jewish State" was planted at the point-of-intersection of Asia and Africa without the free approval of any Middle Eastern, Asian or African country except that Union of South Africa, itself ruled by an alien minority.

, That, since the General Armistice Agreements were signed in 1949, Israel has maintained an aggressive policy of waging military attacks across the Armistice Demarcation Lines, repeatedly invading the territories of the neighbouring Arab States, And that Israel has been duly rebuked, censured, or condemned for these military attacks by the Security Council of the General Assembly of the United Nations on eleven occasions-five times by the Security Council and six times by the General Assembly.

, That, no other country in the world, whether member of the United Nations or non-member, has been so frequently condemned by the United Nations.

, That, no Arab State has ever been condemned by any organ of the United Nations for military attacks upon Israel.

, That, besides expelling the bulk of the Arab inhabitants of Palestine, and besides constantly attacking the neighbouring Arab States, Israel has also consistently harassed the United Nations observers and other personnel stationed along the Armistice Demarcation Lines: It has assassinated the first United Nations Mediator and his military aide; it has detained some truce observers; it has military occupied and illegally searched the Headquarters of United Nations personnel; and it has boycotted meetings of the Mixed Armistice Commissions.

, That, Israel has additionally imposed a system of apartheid upon the Arabs who stayed in their homeland?, More than 90% of these Arabs live in "security zones;" they alone live under martial law, restricting their freedom to travel from village to village or from town to town; their children are denied equal opportunities for education; and they are denied decent opportunities for work, and the right to receive "equal pay for equal work".

, That, notwithstanding the foregoing facts, Israel has always been, and still is, widely portrayed in the Western press as the "bastion of democracy" and the "champion of peace" in the Middle East.

, That, the Western Powers have persisted in declaring their determination to ensure a so-called "arms balance" in the area, as between Israel, on the one hand, and the one-hundred million inhabitants of the thirteen Arab States, on the other hand?, And this unilateral Western doctrine of so-called "arms balance" is no more reasonable than the suggestion that, in the Cuba-U.S.A conflict, there should be "arms balance" as between Cuba and the United States, or that the whole Continent of Africa should not be allowed to acquire more arms than South Africa, or that Mainland China should not be permitted to have more arms than Taiwan, or that the military allowed to acquire more arms than South Africa, and that only thus can peace be safeguarded in the Western Hemisphere, in Africa, in Asia, or in Europe.

, That Some 34 massacres have been committed against Palestinians - as part of the occupying 78% of Palestine.

, That, Israel and the Zionists are "in breach" of over 20 United Nations Resolutions. Thousands of indigenous Palestinians have been murdered in their own homeland; millions have been ethnically-cleansing by an "illegal occupying power"; Billions of US dollars have been used to finance the illegal occupation by Zionists of the land of Palestine; the Zionists have been supplied with the very latest and sophisticated (including nuclear) weaponry; since 1967, the Muslim Holy Site of Al-Aqsa has been violated by Zionists on more than 100 occasions; the so-called "Oslo Peace Agreement" in fact relates to only to the original occupants of Gaza and the West Bank - some 1M Palestinians! The WAR: "a MILITARY POWER suppressing (illegally) a CIVILIAN (UNARMED) POPULATION"! On 20 Oct, 2000 YET ANOTHER U.N. CONDEMNATION OF ISRAEL, WHAT PRICE HUMAN RIGHTS.
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2006
belloti:

1,020 BC - Prophet Daud/David [as] fought a battle with the Philistines, destroyed them and established the Ancient Israel.
965 BC - Prophet Sulayman/Soloman [as] succeeds Daud [as] as the King of Israel. 922 BC - After Sulayman's [as] death the Kingdom of Israel was split. Judea with Jerusalem as its capital and Israel destroyed by Babyloniaons.

926 BC - Egyptian forces occupy Jerusalem. However, the house of David was allowed to flourish under Egyptian rule!

587 BC - Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon destroys Jerusalem including Sulayman's [as] Temple. All Jews are either killed, exiled or taken prisoners. END OF ISRAEL! Only after 400 years!

First let me start by answering the obvious lies in your post. Where did you get your history from? An islamic book?

1. By starting first with King David, you conveniently forgot the years of Jewish rule by Judges, pls read Joshua and Judges! You also forgot that Isreal's first king was not David but Saul!
2. David DID NOT ESTABLISH THE KINGDOM OF ISREAL! Joshua led the Jews into Isreal! The state of Isreal was in existence long long before David came on the scene. David succeeded Saul as King! David's first act of war with the philistines was as a teenager who was not even a part of King Saul's army.
3. David's rule flourished under Egyptian rule? Is someone reading upside down here?
4. After Nebuchadnezers defeat of Isreal, the city was restored after 70 yrs! Pls read the book of Daniel or Isaiah! Stop feeding your ignorance with lies.
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 4:20pm On Jul 24, 2006
[b]Its very unfortunate i have to share the forum with people like you who were probably brought up on the street. How can any responsible and decent person so easily call any one a liar just by the strenght of his perception.

Historical events might be reported with little discrepancies and discolourations, but the facts always stand out to be challenged. Thats exactly what i expected every right thinking and respectful human being to do but ofcourse not foolish humans like you. I couldnt have reeled out all those records ignorantly from my head but i also dont expect all of us to be reading the same source. We all have our differences in religious allegiances and material references but we may only be giving the same concept our biased and subjective interpretation.

i gave out dozens of talking points but you singled out 2 or 3 items that were not even the core elements of the presentation to premised it as the basis for blowing out your rotten mouth. Next time learn how to talk, please.[/b]
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2006
belloti:

[b]Its very unfortunate i have to share the forum with people like you who were probably brought up on the street. How can any responsible and decent person so easily call any one a liar just by the strenght of his perception.

Historical events might be reported with little discrepancies and discolourations, but the facts always stand out to be challenged. Thats exactly what i expected every right thinking and respectful human being to do but ofcourse not foolish humans like you. I couldnt have reeled out all those records ignorantly from my head but i also don't expect all of us to be reading the same source. We all have our differences in religious allegiances and material references but we may only be giving the same concept our biased and subjective interpretation.

i gave out dozens of talking points but you singled out 2 or 3 items that were not even the core elements of the presentation to premised it as the basis for blowing out your rotten mouth. Next time learn how to talk, please.[/b]

I used the word "lies", read what you an alleged adult wrote in a tepid defence of your initial travesty of history! I will ignore your hot air statements for now as "street boys" have better manners than "home adults".

Back to real issues, i singled out those ones because i intended to use them first as reason why your complete history list is innacurate and at best lies!
You listed those as FACTS about palestine half of which are totally false.
Obviously you need to learn some online decorum, we are no longer at Oshodi market. oops i forgot, i'm talking to a semi-literate individual with access to the internet.
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2006
lipsrsealed Davidylan lipsrsealed

We shall carry on with any other contrary perspective. Lets get to hear all available records.
Re: Facts About Palestine by mrmayor(m): 12:35am On Jul 25, 2006
Belloti,

Please supply the source of your post,doesn't matter if its a book or a web link.

Cheers
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 1:05am On Jul 25, 2006
belloti:

End of Israel - and yet the Israelites can't be contained today by their enemies? Why do you guys get so hatefully disaffected at Israel and yet pretend Islam is really for peace?

Besides, anyone who knows the history of the Jews will be staggered at the run-away statements you've posted here as "facts", because obviously whoever supplied you with most of these fallacies conveniently forgot to carefully consider the beginning of Israel as a nation established before King David. Is this one of those mind games that Muslims play - just as Muhammad did in twisting the real history of the Jews?

mukina2:

ah belloti tell them some people just type but they don't really know what they are typin for angry angry angry

Actually, I noticed - both you and belloti really don't know what you're typing for. Keep crying, your tears will dry up soon.
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 1:47pm On Jul 25, 2006
m4malik:

Why do you guys get so hatefully disaffected at Israel

i don't want to get involved in the war raging on this thread but just want 2 say i think the jews have tried too hard to gain world sympathy by CRYING WOLF at the slightest grievance, real or imagined. that has, unfortunately played on the mindset of some people as can be seen in the quote above.

jews have practically brought us all to our knees and made us suckers for them. imagine a british MP being suspended from office for saying a jewish reporter pestering him reminded him of a nazi prison guard!

so, 6 million jews (allegedly) died during the holocaust and in compensation, they get palestine, killing everybody in their path to "reclaim" the land. by the way, why weren't they given a part of Germany, austria or poland? is hitler from palestine? note, the jews considered several other countries including, yes, uganda, before finally settling for palestine in 1947. my question now is, what do we Africans get for the 400 years of slavery and the millions of lives lost in the sea and to inhuman conitions the slave drivers imposed? and when do we start driving out the white and indian Africans in south africa and namibia etc to "reclaim" our land? when does the world plan to "compensate" native americans by killing white americans and dispossessing them of the USA?

bottom line, the jews should move ahead without holding us to ransome or holding a boo- hoo party every 30 minutes.
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2006
m4malik next time if u want to respond do it proportionately. i really dont care what anyone write or does. but wat u guys do here is to attack the person not his views. thats highly regrettable. it just brings out the fools in you. next time share your points or disagree with some degree of respect. i once thought u are civilised.

The Issue of Israel - Palestine has always had subjective reporting. As expected, my source is an islamic website and i stand by it. But u guys are free to offer any contrary version if there is any. But please lets have some decorum here.
Re: Facts About Palestine by TayoD(m): 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2006
belloti,

And can't you see that your source has just fabricated a big lie? The issue of David being the who established Isreal in that land is just a very obvious one. I don't think it is our duty to search the truth for you, but as long as we have pointed out the fallacy of what has been potrayed to you as truth, then you need to start questioning your source and try and do some more objective research. A lie in one is sure an indicator of a lie in all.
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2006
carmelily:

i don't want to get involved in the war raging on this thread but just want 2 say i think the jews have tried too hard to gain world sympathy by CRYING WOLF at the slightest grievance, real or imagined. that has, unfortunately played on the mindset of some people as can be seen in the quote above. jews have practically brought us all to our knees and made us suckers for them.

I don't mind the mindset you can see in my quote but can't see the hoo-ha in yours. Did you borrow the last quip from a Lebanese or Palestinian who see themselves as suckers?

carmelily:

my question now is, what do we Africans get for the 400 years of slavery and the millions of lives lost in the sea and to inhuman conitions the slave drivers imposed? and when do we start driving out the white and indian Africans in south africa and namibia etc to "reclaim" our land? when does the world plan to "compensate" native americans by killing white americans and dispossessing them of the USA?

I could have sworn you were crying your own wolf of slavery and needing some compensation. The only problem is that the Jews were not the colonial masters of native Americans or Africans.

carmelily:

bottom line, the jews should move ahead without holding us to ransome or holding a boo- hoo party every 30 minutes.

Correct babe. Talk to the Hezbollah - they're the ones holding a >>sniffle<< party every 30 seconds.
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 25, 2006
carmelily:

And i suppose they are expected to "move ahead" and continue living with rockets raining downn on them every minute? They are expected to continue to endure suicide bombers and terror squads lined up on every of their borders? They are expected to move on with the threats being uttered by the mad president of Iran and their obsession with developing nuclear weapons to destroy Isreal?

I hope you also intend to tell the US to "move on and stop holding us to ransom" after the killiing of 3000 people on sept 11? The UK too after July 7? We should also move ahead with darfur, nairobi, madrid, java, mumbai?

A boo-hoo party? Some people are so blinded by bias they will utter any nonsense to placate their seared consciences.
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2006
belloti:

[b]m4malik next time if u want to respond do it proportionately. i really don't care what anyone write or does. but what u guys do here is to attack the person not his views. thats highly regrettable.

Many thanks belloti, but it seems more to me that you're taking this personally whenever people point out that your inputs were not only misrepresenting facts, but also unnecessarily disaffected.

belloti:

it just brings out the fools in you.  next time share your points or disagree with some degree of respect. i once thought u are civilised.

Thank you again, belloti; only one would wonder if what you just stated above is anywhere near being civilised. I know what's up with you guys - you can hardly bear the experience of being talked to in just the same way that you serve others. Calling me a fool may not be civilised, but I consider that a mild and passing reaction.

belloti:

The Issue of Israel - Palestine has always had subjective reporting. As expected, my source is an islamic website and i stand by it. But u guys are free to offer any contrary version if there is any. But please lets have some decorum here.

You know what? I really don't mind at all from wherever you source your information - just try not being so funny as to 'stand by' your posts if they are misrepresentating issues.
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2006
m4malik:

Actually, I noticed - both you and belloti really don't know what you're typing for. Keep crying, your tears will dry up soon.

That was suppose to be a response to mukina. i don't know how i got roped in.

m4malik:

You know what? I really don't mind at all from wherever you source your information - just try not being so funny as to 'stand by' your posts if they are misrepresentating issues.

Its a free world. You probably feel you are being fair. No comment from me
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2006
belloti:

Its a free world. You probably feel you are being fair. No comment from me

So it's become a free world to misrepresent issues? Hmmm.

You may not read me as being fair, but it's one thing to get so personal and go so far as to call people fools; quite another thing to be objective enough to realise that some of your posts are not stating issues correctly.
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 11:53am On Jul 27, 2006
@davidylan:
aren't africans moving ahead after slavery? who have we tried to blackmail into giving us compensation for it?

how many of the world powers spoke out against apartheid the way they are speaking out against attacks on israel? the US and britain ACTUALLY used veto power at one time or the other against ending the apartheid regime in SA back then. get your facts straight.

nonsense? for the record, i'm a clearheaded christian who refuses to be hoodwinked by zionist sentiments. i have a CLEAR conscience.

@m4malik

it takes superhuman effort being civil with you, but i'll try.

i never cried wolf, if u read between the lines, it would have been obvious to you i was merely being sarcastic. and only God above knows where you read in my post that the jews were the colonial masters of the americans. i was just saying, if we wanna give palestine back to the jews for historical reasons, we should be fair enuf to hand the US back to the red indians for the same reason. if the latter's absurd, the former's even more so.

i may be dumb but i dont need a lebanese or palestinian telling me what's unfair. i think for myself unlike some people i know.
Re: Facts About Palestine by belloti(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2006
mr4malik am only asking why respond to mukina with my name? thats all am asking

Then ofcourse we ve learned how to live with people like you. i am stating points and i dont care how you interprete them but you seem to be reserving the monopoly of qualifying people into what category they belong. The Rasoul SAW said "Dont be angry". thats my only consolation.
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

@davidylan:
aren't africans moving ahead after slavery? who have we tried to blackmail into giving us compensation for it?

how many of the world powers spoke out against apartheid the way they are speaking out against attacks on israel? the US and britain ACTUALLY used veto power at one time or the other against ending the apartheid regime in SA back then. get your facts straight.

nonsense? for the record, i'm a clearheaded christian who refuses to be hoodwinked by zionist sentiments. i have a CLEAR conscience.

Africans are "moving ahead" after slavery? Is that so? In case you havent noticed, Africa lags behind in almost everything, thanks to slavery and colonialism we still reside in the stone age, wars, famine, disease and hunger define our landscape. Our people die everyday struggling illegally to reach Europe, we have the lowest literacy level in the world, life expectancy here is the lowest in the world and more than 70% live on less than a dollar today. Institutionalised racism is still alive and kicking.
And you claim we are "moving ahead"?

Yeah we have "never tried to claim reparation"? Who will "blackmail" the USA into paying compensation to us? Nigeria, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Rwanda?
Why do you think Abiola was prevented from ruling Nigeria by the foreign unseen forces? Where were you when the likes of Abiola and Kwame Nkrumah were arguing for reparation to be paid to Africa? Obviously you were still a tiny tot. Dont say what you don't understand. Our not being able to claim reparation is not because we are "moving ahead", its because we lack the political clout and the guts to demand for it!

Which facts do you want me to get straight? Did i perchance mention apartheid and SA in any of my earlier posts or are you just blowing hot air?

As for being a "clearheaded christian", from all your other posts i've been forced to send rejoinders to, i think not.
As for having a "clear conscience", think again
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2006
so what's your point? undecided
is israel showing what clout they got about holocaust by attacking their neighbours? would african leaders be showing clout by attacking our former "slave masters"? what's your point, really?

also, i never said "moving ahead" means "complacency". what i meant was standing on your feet and taking good decisions. israel isn't doing that, like i've been saying. When israel catches a cold, the US sneezes. why?

what in your mind, would be reparation enough for africa? is the reason we're lagging behind because we have not been reparated?
like i said, i was being sarcastic, reparation is nonsensespeak.
you talk about institutionalised racism, have u really studied zionism?

as for my conscience, who are you to judge me? i've tried to respect you, but now  :GET OFF MY BACK, YOUR BREATH STINKS!
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2006
@ carmelily,
All your hot air talk of "trying to respect" is nonsense. I'm not interested in "christians" who mouth off insults as soon as their limited knowledge is exposed.

To start with you might want to check the meaning of REPARATION AND REPATRIATION (which u used btw). They mean two different things.

Do you really know what clout means? You dont show clout by attacking your neighbours.

also, i never said "moving ahead" means "complacency". what i meant was standing on your feet and taking good decisions.
On that score, would you say Africa is truly "moving ahead"?

israel isn't doing that, like i've been saying. When israel catches a cold, the US sneezes. why?
You're very likely to do that if half your economy lies in the hands of the jews too lol.

what in your mind, would be repatriation enough for africa? is the reason we're lagging behind because we have not been repatriated?
like i said, i was being sarcastic, repatriatioin is nonsensespeak.
you talk about institutionalised racism, have u really studied zionism?
I havent studied zionism before, i doubt if you have ever even studied anything before. Reparation is nonsense speak? Of course that's what you expect from Africans with an inferiority complex. If the jews could be paid trillions of dollars for the holocaust why is Africa being denied her fair share? Is the major reason behind Africa's dysfunctionality not a direct consequence of having meaningless borders drawn for her by colonial powers?

The last line i prefer to ignore. No point arguing with a kid who has a lot of learning to do.
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 3:50pm On Jul 27, 2006
ppssssst! whatever lipsrsealed
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

ppssssst! whatever lipsrsealed

Classical escapist attitude of those whose limited cerebral capacity has been exposed.
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2006
huh?
Re: Facts About Palestine by TayoD(m): 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2006
@carmelily and @davidlylan,

You guys should knock it off. If you two can't maintain peace with each other over the net, how dare you blame either the palestines or jews for seemingly acts of self-defence they are both claiming?

Let's move on to the isues without attacking each other. Abeg una.
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 7:50pm On Jul 27, 2006
carmelily:

it takes superhuman effort being civil with you, but i'll try.
i never cried wolf, if u read between the lines, it would have been obvious to you i was merely being sarcastic.

@carmelily,

Don't cry so hard if you don't know the meaning of the word 'civil'. I didn't say it, you did - you were being "sarcastic", and I read you quite well ealier. The civility you see in your sarcasm that you fail to see any semblance of civility in other people's attempt to discuss with you is underscored in almost all your posts. Try something else, because there's no "merely" in being "sarcastic", unfortunately.

carmelily:

and only God above knows where you read in my post that the jews were the colonial masters of the americans. i was just saying, if we want to give palestine back to the jews for historical reasons, we should be fair enough to hand the US back to the red indians for the same reason. if the latter's absurd, the former's even more so.

Go back and read your entry, and if you fail to see it, don't get a migraine for that. You obviously haven't understood the issues involved in the Israel-Palestinian trade-off that has spiralled out of control by the constant call for the annihilation of Israel by those concerned. But, of course, I respect your right to your opinion, only just be objective enough.

carmelily:

i may be dumb but i don't need a lebanese or palestinian telling me what's unfair. i think for myself unlike some people i know.

Actually carmelily, I don't read you as dumb and please don't try to convince me! Let's apply the rules both ways by respecting the rights of others to think for themselves.
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2006
belloti:

mr4malik am only asking why respond to mukina with my name? thats all am asking

Give it a rest if it's that problematic to you. mukina2 directly mentioned your name, and as a direct response to hers, one could hardly avoid taking her statement in full, especially when you had posted misrepresentations of issues. So there - you and mukina2 obviously didn't know what you were typing.

belloti:

Then ofcourse we ve learned how to live with people like you. i am stating points and i don't care how you interprete them but you seem to be reserving the monopoly of qualifying people into what category they belong. The Rasoul SAW said "Dont be angry". thats my only consolation.

You didn't sound like you've learnt to live with people like me, and I must be very fortunate that I'm not anywhere within your reach to put me to death for converting from Islam to Christianity. One of the points you stated was to call people you can't deal with "fools" - and you're only being rascally by pretending that one shouldn't care how we interpret that, as well as the several fallacies posted earlier - by you, of course. You didn't wait to franchise to yourself the monopoly of calling others fools, did you - and what 'category' was that?

You're doing a great job at controlling your anger, at least my head is still on my neck. Tell me, the 'Rasoul' wasn't angry at those whose murders he ordered because they were no "fools" for refusing to be misled by him??
Re: Facts About Palestine by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2006
TayoD:

@carmelily and @davidlylan,

You guys should knock it off. If you two can't maintain peace with each other over the net, how dare you blame either the palestines or jews for seemingly acts of self-defence they are both claiming?

Let's move on to the isues without attacking each other. Abeg una.
Point taken TayoD. I dont just like people who enjoy misrepresenting the bible to suit their own narrow minded views.
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2006
davidylan:

people who enjoy misrepresenting the bible to suit their own narrow minded views.

really, must you?

m4malik:

Actually carmelily, I don't read you as dumb and please don't try to convince me!

LOL! cheesy
Re: Facts About Palestine by m4malik(m): 2:56pm On Jul 29, 2006
Okay, sorry - didn't realise you're such a nice babe!
Re: Facts About Palestine by carmelily: 3:03pm On Jul 29, 2006
awww, apology accepted! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Odinani - In Peace With Nature And Its Forces / Spiritually Right Or Wrong? / Books Of Peter (Love will cover a multitude of sins)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.