Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,589 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (887814 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: Yeah. He is fine. Everything would be finalized by October and would be leaving December.
Good! I'll look for his cell and ring him. Such a tough guy!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

And how has this helped out
I said it in order to motivate him. My friend who paid an agent N900,000 is regretting right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl: @Imperiouxx, despite his lack of details, mckenzii is right! Although the program has ended for this fiscal year, there is a program for legal residents (temporary aliens) who have been in the US for minimum of two years to join the military (army recruits most of them). You don't need to be in service for one year to get citizenship. Soldiers receive citizenship within 2months.

For f1 students, you don't need to have a valid visa to join. You just need to have a valid I-20 or EAD.
wow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Longest time friend. But F1 visa for Nigerians is renewable after 2 years and by the time of renewal, you must still have courses registered. Then how to join while you're still in class?
When u come back...u continue. If ISL war claims u, u get citizenship posthumously. tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 7:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
That's my intention my dad is a retired soldier,he told me all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mckenziii: That's my intention my dad is a retired soldier,he told me all
US Army?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Na 9ja army oo but he went 4 courses in d usa several times
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

You don't need a green card to join the army under the Marvin Program while you need to for the others. With your student visa, you should have spent a minimum of 21months by the time you are applying and should be on status. If you pass the exams and the physicals, you will undergo a 12month military training and before you pass out of the training, you are sworn in as an American Citizen. I have a number of friends who passed through this program last year and now they are citizens of the US.
Good one. Bros, did u move to Canada from the US? It's like I'm seeing ur comments on both threads.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by princetrueface: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Folarge06: Hello house I have just gotten my I-20 and admission package this morning and it reads Family Fund on the sponsor.Please can I go with my dads company acct statement and company's documents.Hope it won't be a red flag.Suggestions and Opinions needed.
#TeamSpring2015#
sorry asking pls wat is the meaning of i20 or 1-20 u wrote?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Good one. Bros, did u move to Canada from the US? It's like I'm seeing ur comments on both threads.

Yes I did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joenice: I said it in order to motivate him. My friend who paid an agent N900,000 is regretting right now.

No problems. I just feel some people might not be able to go ahead with such comments and so we need be more mindful of such people.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Thanks. Have you gone back to school?

Yes ooo. School don start again for me. How work and family?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

Yes ooo. School don start again for me. How work and family?

Everything is fine. Where else do you visit when in US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

You don't need a green card to join the army under the Marvin Program while you need to for the others. With your student visa, you should have spent a minimum of 21months by the time you are applying and should be on status. If you pass the exams and the physicals, you will undergo a 12month military training and before you pass out of the training, you are sworn in as an American Citizen. I have a number of friends who passed through this program last year and now they are citizens of the US.

Dear, your information isn't accurate. Minimum of 2years stay in the US (not a day short, and without greater than 90days absence from the states) before u apply, military training isn't 12months (na die..lol)-first training is 10weeks, second training depends on your occupation, citizenship is within 2-3months. It isn't called marvin but MAVNI.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Dear, your information isn't accurate. Minimum of 2years stay in the US (not a day short, and without greater than 90days absence from the states) before u apply, military training isn't 12months (na die..lol)-first training is 10weeks, second training depends on your occupation, citizenship is within 2-3months. It isn't called marvin but MAVNI.
Better one! No age limit? Lemme go check it where u pple do go.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Everything is fine. Where else do you visit when in US?

Just Texas for the 2 weeks (Houston and Denton).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Maybe now, but back then it was minimum of 21 months perhaps, now it has changed to 24months.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Better one! No age limit? Lemme go check it where u pple do go.

lol...there is age limit. Max 35years except for healthcare providers (42yrs i think, they are also eligible for age waiver).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

Just Texas for the 2 weeks (Houston and Denton).

Did you once say you come around here too?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 8:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Thanks for the information. How are you doing?

I'm fine dear, just crazy busy. You? Is your cell number the same? I will check on you soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Did you once say you come around here too?

I was in NY sometimes last year though. Will let you know when next I am visiting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
princetrueface: sorry asking pls wat is the meaning of i20 or 1-20 u wrote?
Google anything u don't understand. I just did on MAVNI tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

Yes I did.
Nice...let's c what will happen soon. Vancouver won't be a bad place to settle. Ebe a shiga shiga.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl:

lol...there is age limit. Max 35years except for healthcare providers (42yrs i think, they are also eligible for age waiver).
Thanks... I saw d conditions and requirements. America know how to get at what they want...kai. See the Sikh guy with turban. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Nice...let's c what will happen soon. Vancouver won't be a bad place to settle. Ebe a shiga shiga.

It all depends on you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl:

Thanks... I saw d conditions and requirements. America know how to get at what they want...kai. See the Sikh guy with turban. grin

No non-ajibota should complain of the ten week training oh. Guys wey dey speak Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba throway over to una. Ka chineke mezie okwu....citizenship one time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

It all depends on you.
Abeg ...where do u think IT person can stay alive? I will still check on it. May I pm u when I'm in shape so as not to derail this thread? Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Snazzygirl:

I'm fine dear, just crazy busy. You? Is your cell number the same? I will check on you soon

Yea, still the same. I'm always on the run too....crazy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

I was in NY sometimes last year though. Will let you know when next I am visiting.

Great, I'll be expecting you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:
Abeg ...where do u think IT person can stay alive? I will still check on it. May I pm u when I'm in shape so as not to derail this thread? Thanks!

I don't know where it is best however, one thing I am sure of is that wherever you are as an IT person, you should fit in since IT is a general field.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Great, I'll be expecting you.

May be I will look for cheap flights the way I use to and plan a get away trip.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
ferdimako:

No non-ajibota should complain of the ten week training oh. Guys wey dey speak Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba throway over to una. Na chineke mezie okwu....citizenship one time.

lmao....true talk! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (502)

German Embassy And Visa / Lets Talk About Estonia / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.