Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,009 members, 7,922,437 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business (760 Views)

How Can L Transfer Funds From Paypal To My Skrill Account. / Convert Paypal To Naira / How Do I Withdraw My Cash Now From Clickbank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 7:59am On Aug 24, 2014
Hi ,
am about to buy some thing from a chinese online and we have agreed to use PayPal for the payment but, the issue here is this will be the first time i will be using PayPal for payment and i need info on how it work.

After making payment to the seller can paypal withhold the money and only deliver it to the seller after i must hv gotten the goods here in Nigeria? i need to protect my self from this chinese scam pigs.

pls ur advice is highly needed.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by bigtt76(f): 8:14am On Aug 24, 2014
Paypal only protects Merchant/Buyer transactions. Meaning if your seller is not a certified Merchant on PayPal, no protection of transactions.

I assume you intend sending the seller payment just as you would when paying cash into a merchant's account using PayPal ...you are not protected as the seller has same individual account on PayPal as you do and what you are doing is a PayPal user to user transfer.

A PayPal certified merchant has end to end integration with PayPal. You transact on merchant's site annd check out to pay using PayPal directly and merchant do not need to give you PayPal ID to make payment.

This way, funds are first held by PayPal and merchant notified first of payment, merchant would need to fulfill transaction by releasing goods within a 45 days period before funds are released to his bank account or returned back to buyer if dispute raised.

Here, most merchants are scared to default as it would mean PayPal kicking them off and they lose credibilty.

Any thing outside this is like user to user transfers and you or the other party are not protected.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2014
bigtt76: Paypal only protects Merchant/Buyer transactions. Meaning if your seller is not a certified Merchant on PayPal, no protection of transactions.

I assume you intend sending the seller payment just as you would when paying cash into a merchant's account using PayPal ...you are not protected as the seller has same individual account on PayPal as you do and what you are doing is a PayPal user to user transfer.

A PayPal certified merchant has end to end integration with PayPal. You transact on merchant's site annd check out to pay using PayPal directly and merchant do not need to give you PayPal ID to make payment.

This way, funds are first held by PayPal and merchant notified first of payment, merchant would need to fulfill transaction by releasing goods within a 45 days period before funds are released to his bank account or returned back to buyer if dispute raised.

Here, most merchants are scared to default as it would mean PayPal kicking them off and they lose credibilty.

Any thing outside this is like user to user transfers and you or the other party are not protected.
Thank Boss for ur contribution, i guess what u mean by merchant account is those link u see on business website that ask u to login ur paypal details not those once u hv to go to Paypal website to do.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by sluvy4tune(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2014
Success in business involve taking risk, I just transfer about $100 to some1 on Alibaba for some items I need. In as much as PayPal will not protect ur money during user2user transfer try and split the payment if d money is huge
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by bigtt76(f): 10:14am On Aug 24, 2014
o42austino: Thank Boss for ur contribution, i guess what u mean by merchant account is those link u see on business website that ask u to login ur paypal details not those once u hv to go to Paypal website to do.

You got it. Once you checkout on the merchant site, you are required to select payment mode and once selected (PayPal for example) require you to login and process payment directly and not those that require you go to the PayPal site to do a transfer to merchant's personal account.

Which is this one requiring you to do?
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by bigtt76(f): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2014
sluvy4tune: Success in business involve taking risk, I just transfer about $100 to some1 on Alibaba for some items I need. In as much as PayPal will not protect ur money during user2user transfer try and split the payment if d money is huge

Another good option but relies heavily on TRUST by both parties. You may split payment and the receipt goes into voice mail.

You may get the the goods and you go into voicemail meaning either the seller do not deliver or you the buyer refuse to pay up the balance ...either way one person loses if TRUST is not established.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
bigtt76:

You got it. Once you checkout on the merchant site, you are required to select payment mode and once selected (PayPal for example) require you to login and process payment directly and not those that require you go to the PayPal site to do a transfer to merchant's personal account.

Which is this one requiring you to do?
they require that i go to the PayPal site and make the payment which i think is scam, i noticed that the scam among Chinese are in another level, another sellergDonny electronicsh gave me his bank account details to post money but i notice that the company was not there but his personal name which is a Red flag for me.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
sluvy4tune: Success in business involve taking risk, I just transfer about $100 to some1 on Alibaba for some items I need. In as much as PayPal will not protect ur money during user2user transfer try and split the payment if d money is huge
Yes a businessman should take risk but a calculated one not taking risk like a gambler. U should have done some little study before posting money to someone u have never seen b4, Chinese scammers pass naija yahoo boiz ooo.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by sluvy4tune(m): 1:26pm On Aug 24, 2014
o42austino: Yes a businessman should take risk but a calculated one not taking risk like a gambler. U should have done some little study before posting money to someone u have never seen b4, Chinese scammers pass naija yahoo boiz ooo.

I did my study bro on d seller, just that you never can tell until ur items arrives. Business is risk taking whether calculated or not. If you insist on seeing some1 before you can do business then am not sure u are ready for it. There are scammers on Alibaba so as genuine sellers.

I sent money to an unknown seller on Alibaba doesn't mean I have been scammed.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by sluvy4tune(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
bigtt76:

Another good option but relies heavily on TRUST by both parties. You may split payment and the receipt goes into voice mail.

You may get the the goods and you go into voicemail meaning either the seller do not deliver or you the buyer refuse to pay up the balance ...either way one person loses if TRUST is not established.

Yea Trust is the key thing, I splited cuz I splited my goods too.

I needed 10 pcs of an item , after days of negotiations and we finally agreed on the cost, I told my seller I will buy all the 10 items this week but it will be in bits.

First I send money for 3pcs of the product, until I get a confirmation from my shipping company that d 3 pcs has been delivered then I can pay for the next 3pcs till I get my 10pcs. Case close.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2014
sluvy4tune:

I did my study bro on d seller, just that you never can tell until ur items arrives. Business is risk taking whether calculated or not. If you insist on seeing some1 before you can do business then am not sure u are ready for it. There are scammers on Alibaba so as genuine sellers.

I sent money to an unknown seller on Alibaba doesn't mean I have been scammed.
i know u did ur study and am not the type that believe that i must see someone before i can do transaction with him.

their are Red flags in bizness, for me i will ask u to show me ur website and if the website is not more than 2yrs old its a Red Flag, if ur working for company and u ask me to send moni to a private account its a red Flag, if ur claiming to be an international bizness but use a free domain as ur email address its a Red flag, if someone is hiding their factory name is red flag, their are many red Flag am watching out for.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2014
sluvy4tune:

Yea Trust is the key thing, I splited cuz I splited my goods too.

I needed 10 pcs of an item , after days of negotiations and we finally agreed on the cost, I told my seller I will buy all the 10 items this week but it will be in bits.

First I send money for 3pcs of the product, until I get a confirmation from my shipping company that d 3 pcs has been delivered then I can pay for the next 3pcs till I get my 10pcs. Case close.
maybe i can split the quantity need and watch what they will do but i hv studied accounts of people scam by chinese and its not fun, i hv been using my visa card to buy from a good website in china but their prices is making it difficult for me to make profit.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by bigtt76(f): 2:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Great so you need to be on the alert for such signs or you do as sluvy4tune suggested ...buying and paying in bits.

o42austino: they require that i go to the PayPal site and make the payment which i think is scam, i noticed that the scam among Chinese are in another level, another sellergDonny electronicsh gave me his bank account details to post money but i notice that the company was not there but his personal name which is a Red flag for me.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
bigtt76: Great so you need to be on the alert for such signs or you do as sluvy4tune suggested ...buying and paying in bits.

i guess i will do like that but it will make me not meet customers demand.
Re: I Need Info On Hw To Use Paypal To Protect My Cash on International Business by o42austino(m): 5:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
Nairalanders pls i need more inputs.

(1) (Reply)

6 Mistakes You Should Avoid At Your 30s - If You Are Aiming High / Buying Goods from Dubai and China / Consultant On How To Start Up A Nylon/pure Water Production Company....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.