Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,716 members, 7,882,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 04:28 AM

Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together (2570 Views)

Need Suggestion For Gifting? / Suggestion Needed On A New Clothing Name/company/boutique / Colour Combination Suggestion For Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together by teetee2(f): 11:55am On Oct 24, 2008
Hi fellows, if you are celebrating 40th birthday, what type of dress will u put on as a celebrant, how do u want ur friends to look at get-together party. Waiting for ur contribution.
Re: Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together by mohawkchic(f): 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2008
~Me think that is a choice for the Individual to make,bearing in mind comfort is of the upmost importance!! Usually people go for dresses,i suppose there is a wide variety of choices there!! My personal choice will be a maxi dress

~As of the Guests,unless the party is a theme party,there's really no telling what choice of dress the guests will choose to wear but i suppose everyone will want to look their best!! Theme partiies are becoming a trend nowadays especially the "All-White" theme . . .something the celebrant might want to consider  . . .
Re: Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together by ajiriavae(f): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2008
if you are not sure what the dress code is then it go for a classic look that is timeless. black bootcut pants, white dress shirt (ruffles would be nice), killer heels, and a clutch will not let you down. you can carry a couple types of jewelry, flashy or casual, so when you see what the other guests are wearing you'll decide what is appropriate and wear it in the car.
Re: Dress Suggestion For A Fourthieth Birthday Get-Together by ajilete(f): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2008
ajiri avae:

if you are not sure what the dress code is then it go for a classic look that is timeless. black bootcut pants, white dress shirt (ruffles would be nice), killer heels, and a clutch will not let you down. you can carry a couple types of jewelry, flashy or casual, so when you see what the other guests are wearing you'll decide what is appropriate and wear it in the car.
i agree, something classic. Remember you want to feel comfortable but look stunning. don't be a slave to fashion and wear something that really doesnt suit your body or personality type.You want to wear something that you know you already look good in and NOT something that you will spend the whole evening pulling down or wondering wehter your boobs are hanging out! So do away with clubwear and midriff showing trashy cheap things. Spend a little bit more on great , good quality fabric and cut.  Classic black and white is good, but remember to that you don't want to look boring! you know what they say, life begins at forty! So don't rule out bold majestic colours like gold and red!You can't go wrong with heels becuase they make you look classy and sophisticated. and don't count lace, aso oke, or ankara out, you can make a lovely form fitting floor length dress if you have a fantastic tailor.
Personally id go for the dress but again it depends on what you feel more comfortable in and what you like. Theres nothing wrong in the classic trouser white suit, white is in!
And don't forget your accesories, pearls, beads and coral are timeless and very versatile and fashionable. I hope all this helps.
Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

100% Quality Round Neck Polo Shirt @1k. / Fashion Trends 2017 / Ondo People's Style Of Ebuka's Agbada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.