Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,181 members, 7,910,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:06 PM

Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! (3364 Views)

Pastor Emma Of Mountain Of Prayers, Sapele Has His Properties Destroyed / We Are God!!!!! / Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 10:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

Can you please tell me the spiritual promises associated with being an Israelite.

You haven't changed.
In your mind, you know the answer already.

Expose your folly. It is late. I want to go to bed laughing.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 7:57am On Aug 29, 2014
JesusisLord85:

demidemi.
You ought to know me by now. I give precepts.
All I know about you is a guy that has an inflated estimation of himself.

JesusisLord85:
In my thread on Cornelius, I thought I made that simple for you.
Let me give you a brief background and the all important precepts. This is important because there is a mainstream view in your churches that one day God woke up and sent Yahshua to die for the heathen. The same that he would come to judge. But anyway, that delusion is none of my business..
Precept in your dictionary prolly means pick a sentence out of context and look for where similar word or sentence was used and draw a conclusion ignoring context.

JesusisLord85:

What you need to know, while you go away and think, is that a gentile is a foreigner (check your Strong concordance).
A 'stranger' is also a foreigner according to the bible

There are two types of gentile
1. Other nations that are not israelites
2.the gentiles that were engrafted into the covenant, israelites.
Simple question you can't answer, I knew you would run away from the question only to spew things that are not pertinent to discourse. Now, pls go back, read the question and answer accurately.

I guess the second definition is from the fragment of your own imagination. Quote THE strong concordance you got your information from or forever remain what you really are.

JesusisLord85:
You should also remember that:
1. In the time of Christ, mainly the house of Judah was in Jerusalem

The twelve tribes
House of Judah - Judah, Benjamin, Levi
House of Israel - Ephraim, Manasseh, Simeon, Gad, Reuben, Zebulun, Naphtali, Asher, Issachar (Ephraim is the head of the Northen Kingdom, as saith the scriptures)

Guy, you need to go check yourself bro. How did you get here from my question?

JesusisLord85:
And here are the verses, followed by precept:

Verse

Romans 9:25 "As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved"
Romans 9:26 "And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called
the children of the living God"

Who is Osee? None other than the prophet Hosea. Oh look at that, Paul quoting from the law and the prophets. According to you, that is destroyed.
So what did the prophet Hosea say?

Hosea 1:10 "Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered;
and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them,
Ye are the sons of the living God.

You see that?

What did Peter say?

Peter 2:10 "...Were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy"

Who didn't obtain mercy? was it the other nations

Hosea 1:6 "...for i will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel"
verse 7 "but i will have mercy upon the house of Judah"

Eventually he promised he would have mercy on the house of Israel Hosea 2:23 "and i will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy"

No More "I think". Precept MUST be upon precept.

Isaiah 28:10 "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little"

MUST suggests this is a commandment. Show me thy precepts.

Shalom

You must acknowledge the fact that the old represent a shadow of the new i.e a reflection of the new. Whatever precept that must also be embarked upon should and must always be in the light of the new. The bible makes us understand that all that was written aforetime were mysteries that even the prophets and Israel could hardly comprehend.
Deut 29:29
The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Meaning, there were secrets/mysteries hid in God yet to be revealed.

Col 1:26
Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

A time came when these secrets were revealed to the Apostles. They interpreted all that happened in the physical in the old with the spiritual, based on revelation in the new hence you would find Paul going back to the old to expand the new.

I hope you don't use your misinterpretation of the old to your own destruction. The meaning of all you need to know from the old is well documented in the epistles.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by Olusanya333(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2014
shdemidemi: I thought Jesus died for for the sins of the entire world, or was it just for the nation of Israel?
Our own and for the sins of the world. To start with who are the Isrealite?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by Olusanya333(m): 8:43am On Aug 29, 2014
When I saw the Op post i knew many christains will be against it because they are blind and can't see the Truth. The Law of God remains forever i.e The Ten commandment. When u receive the Spirit He gives u power to obey all and put in u zeal to obey it because they are written in your heart nd not on stones again.

Now for those saying they are not isrealite,I tell you with all Boldness dat if you are not an Isrealite no Heaven for you because in the City of God are Twelve gates representing Twelve tribes of Isreal so u must belong to one of this twelve to be able to enter.PEACE
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2014
Olusanya333: When I saw the Op post i knew many christains will be against it because they are blind and can't see the Truth. The Law of God remains forever i.e The Ten commandment.

Have you heard about a righteousness that comes by ones ability to observe the law and the other righteousness that comes just by Grace, yorubas call it oore ofe?

Rom 3;21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
Olusanya333:
When u receive the Spirit He gives u power to obey all and put in u zeal to obey it because they are written in your heart nd not on stones again.

You seem to be adding what the bible did not add, the bible never said the law of Moses will be written in our(christian) heart or did it?

Olusanya333:
Now for those saying they are not isrealite,I tell you with all Boldness dat if you are not an Isrealite no Heaven for you because in the City of God are Twelve gates representing Twelve tribes of Isreal so u must belong to one of this twelve to be able to enter.PEACE

Hmm..

Did your bible say anything about believers alongside Christ judging the twelve tribes of Israel?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by Olusanya333(m): 9:27am On Aug 29, 2014
shdemidemi:

Have you heard about a righteousness that comes by ones ability to observe the law and the other righteousness that comes just by Grace, yorubas call it oore ofe?

Rom 3;21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,

You seem to be adding what the bible did not add, the bible never said the law of Moses will be written in our(christian) heart or did it?

Hmm..

Did your bible say anything about believers alongside Christ judging the twelve tribes of Israel?
I said b4 hand u r Blind like the pharisee who think they see. Like i do write in most of my post concerning things of d spirit i write again "Mine is to Let u know not dat u accept"PEACE
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2014
Olusanya333: I said b4 hand u r Blind like the pharisee who think they see. Like i do write in most of my post concerning things of d spirit i write again "Mine is to Let u know not dat u accept"PEACE

Should we just take what you say seriously because you said it? Don't we both have a manual that serves as the basis for contending what is right?

My friend, if you cannot explain why you should be taken seriously through scriptures, why speak at all!
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 9:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Olusanya333: I said b4 hand u r Blind like the pharisee who think they see. Like i do write in most of my post concerning things of d spirit i write again "Mine is to Let u know not dat u accept"PEACE

haha don't mind shdemidemi. He is marked for destruction.
He only wants to derail. A wise man shall hear the words of truth and be saved.

Shalom
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 10:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Part iii

So I mentioned in the last part that many of you talk about love, but you know not what it is according to the word of truth.
Furthermore, I will prove to you, according to the word of truth, that those of you who reject the commandments CANNOT love God, nor can you EVER receive the holy spirit. I didn’t say it, the word of truth revealed it to me:

So without further adieu

John 14:15 “If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
This proves most of you have never loved the Lord.

John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;”
Who is this comforter? It is the Holy Spirit. So, you people have never had the spirit either. The case against you false teachers is mounting. If you want the Spirit, you must have your hearts circumcised and be keeping the commandments. That is the stipulation.

Verse 21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
The bolded does not require me to say anything else. The wise will understand.

Verse 26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”
He shall teach all things, all that Jesus hath said. Like what? The law and the prophets.

Following on this ‘love’ theme’
1 John 5:3 “For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous
Some of you say the commandments are ‘bondage’. The word of God finds you to be a liar. “They are not grievous. The bondage that prevailed at the time was the tradition of the fathers that was added to the law by the pharisees.

2 John 1:6 “And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.”
I love this precept. It is for those that think there is a new set of commandments. “As you have heard from the beginning”. Need I say more.
You people have never learned about love.

So what else are the commandments good for?
Ecclesiasticus 1:26 “If thou desire wisdom, keep the commandments, and the Lord shall give her unto thee”
Psalms 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.”
Ecclesiasticus 21:11 “He that keepeth the Law of the Lord getteth the understanding thereof: and the perfection of the fear of the Lord is wisdom”

Many will make excuses. "we are in the 21st century". "Our churches teach us this and that". But we know you have no excuse

Romans 1: 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
i.e no excuse for their sin, because Christ came and taught them the law. Prior to Christ, they had the lying scribes and Pharisees.

So think not that you can reign down excuses when Christ commeth again.
Ecclesiasticus 32:17 “A sinful man will not be reproved, but findeth an excuse according to his will”

Proverbs 28:4  They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
And that is why you honour the edomites that brought you your new religion.

WARNING
Proverbs 28:9 : “He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.”

Oh-oh. The case against the lawless is heavy.
At this point, those of you with food to eat and lots of money will be thinking, “if not keeping these laws is so bad, then who blessed me with all that I have. Surely it is the Lord”?
Have ye not heard of Satan. What did he promise Yahshua if only Yahshua would bow and worship him - See Luke 4:6.
Yes, I am implying that many of you are of your father, the devil.
Your leaders teach nothing and take tithes of income and build great mansions with it while the flock remain destitute. Is that not the works of wickedness.

So, by now you should know the answer to the question. Are God’s laws destroyed? Well, for those still making excuses, let Matthew 19 expose your biblical gymnastics
Matthew 19:16-19 “
16 “And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments

Amazing right. Even this guy thought he was keeping the commandments. When Yahshua put him to the test in the following verse, his true heart was revealed.

By now, you are shouting 1 Tim 1:9 at your screen…
1 Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

So you think you are righteous? What is righteousness in the first place?
Deuteronomy 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us.”
This is what makes you righteous in the eyes of the Most High. The law was made for the lawless and disobedient. Were not the Israelites disobedient and stiff-necked from the beginning? And you that you THINK you are righteous, yet ignore the laws:
Are you ungodly? Yes
Are ye profane? yes
Murderers? Yes
Whoremongers? yes
1 Tim 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

What did Jesus say to the blind guides? We have a few on NL for sure.
John 9:39-41
39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Romans 2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
Romans 3:31 “Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.”

Do we make void the law through faith in Christ? No. We do the law.

NB Most of you are still confused as to who the gentiles Paul and Peter address were. I will make it plain for you in me next thread.

Shalom.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
JesusisLord85:

haha don't mind shdemidemi. He is marked for destruction.
He only wants to derail. A wise man shall hear the words of truth and be saved.

Shalom
What a Jokester u are
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
I will prove to you that you lack understanding of scriptures by obliging you.

Now answer the question-

Is there a part of Israel that isn't circumcised physically?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2014
shdemidemi: I will prove to you that you lack understanding of scriptures by obliging you.

Now answer the question-

Is there a part of Israel that isn't circumcised physically?

Your old methods of random question and answer.

Address the precepts head on, and stop this your pantomime. Not interested.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:12am On Sep 11, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Your old methods of random question and answer.

Address the precepts head on, and stop this your pantomime. Not interested.

How do i address your precept if you don't even understand the settings of the book?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 12:17am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

How do i address your precept if you don't even understand the settings of the book?

OT: The prophet speaks

Paul: "As it is written..."

Yahshua (who you should really follow) "What did Moses say..."

OT: Precept

Paul: Revealing scripture to brethren.

Yahshua: The living word. (Destroy the law and prophets, you destroy Yahshua. Surely you see thou art a blaspheming heretic.)

That is the typical flow of things.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:23am On Sep 11, 2014
JesusisLord85:

OT: The prophet speaks

Paul: "As it is written..."

Yahshua (who you should really follow) "What did Moses say..."

OT: Precept

Paul: Revealing scripture to brethren.

Yahshua: The living word. (Destroy the law and prophets, you destroy Yahshua. Surely you see thou art a blaspheming heretic.)

That is the typical flow of things.

Every story from the old represent a shadow of what was to be revealed by the Holy Spirit through Paul in the new.

Wake oooo
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 12:27am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Every story from the old represent a shadow of what was to be revealed by the Holy Spirit through Paul in the new.

Wake oooo

loool.

So Jesus (son of the Most High) came and taught them from the law and the prophets.

But only Paul has the "full truth" or whatever it is you or goshen said?

hahahahah

New heights of madness
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 12:28am On Sep 11, 2014
and i know the verse you will bring...lol
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:07am On Sep 11, 2014
JesusisLord85:

loool.

So Jesus (son of the Most High) came and taught them from the law and the prophets.

But only Paul has the "full truth" or whatever it is you or goshen said?

hahahahah

New heights of madness

Go check this portion of scripture-
John 10
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus never taught the law, He was never a teacher of the law, though He was born under the law and observed it until He was declared the son of God.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by JesusisLord85: 7:46am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Go check this portion of scripture-
John 10
8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Jesus never taught the law, He was never a teacher of the law, though He was born under the law and observed it until He was declared the son of God.

Lol anytime you quote, I wonder why. Are you suggesting Yahshua is condemning the law here?

Lmao done with you.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 9:14am On Sep 11, 2014
For now G-d's laws aπϑ covenant still stands and hasn't been done away with ! The coming new covenant will be written in our hearts more like instictively we will know the laws instead of learning them , no one will teach the other or even our children cos we all shall already know ...of note also there is no mention of any blood sacrifice from anyone !
Jer 31:33 - “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people."
Compare it to to the deut 11:18-20 -
"18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,"
Also psalms 89:27-37
And I will appoint him to be my firstborn,
    the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
28 I will maintain my love to him forever,
    and my covenant with him will never fail.
29 I will establish his line forever,
    his throne as long as the heavens endure.
30 “If his sons forsake my law
    and do not follow my statutes,
31 if they violate my decrees
    and fail to keep my commands,
32 I will punish their sin with the rod,
    their iniquity with flogging;
33 but I will not take my love from him,
    nor will I ever betray my faithfulness.
34 I will not violate my covenant
    or alter what my lips have uttered.
35 Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness—
    and I will not lie to David—
36 that his line will continue forever
    and his throne endure before me like the sun;
37 it will be established forever like the moon,
    the faithful witness in the sky.”
So please , the Torah has not been made void by anyone .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Lol anytime you quote, I wonder why. Are you suggesting Yahshua is condemning the law here?

Lmao done with you.

My friend, don't be blind to the truth, read to understand.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:32am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: For now G-d's laws aπϑ covenant still stands and hasn't been done away with ! The coming new covenant will be written in our hearts more like instictively we will know the laws instead of learning them , no one will teach the other or even our children cos we all shall already know ...of note also there is no mention of any blood sacrifice from anyone !
Jer 31:33 - “This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel
    after that time,” declares the Lord.
“I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people."
Compare it to to the deut 11:18-20 -
"18 Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 19 Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 20 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates,"
Also psalms 89:27-37
And I will appoint him to be my firstborn,
    the most exalted of the kings of the earth.
28 I will maintain my love to him forever,
    and my covenant with him will never fail.
29 I will establish his line forever,
    his throne as long as the heavens endure.
30 “If his sons forsake my law
    and do not follow my statutes,
31 if they violate my decrees
    and fail to keep my commands,
32 I will punish their sin with the rod,
    their iniquity with flogging;
33 but I will not take my love from him,
    nor will I ever betray my faithfulness.
34 I will not violate my covenant
    or alter what my lips have uttered.
35 Once for all, I have sworn by my holiness—
    and I will not lie to David—
36 that his line will continue forever
    and his throne endure before me like the sun;
37 it will be established forever like the moon,
    the faithful witness in the sky.”
So please , the Torah has not been made void by anyone .

Ok, to whom exactly was this message written- the church, the entire world, or to the nation of Israel?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 9:51am On Sep 11, 2014
And again the most of the christians testament negates the Torah aπϑ the writings of the prophets .
For instance the G-d of the Hebrew scriptures has aπϑ will never be ashamed, timid ,fearful,secretive to state who HE is ! He always reiterates to us that HE is in charge ...
" And God spake unto moses, aπϑ said unt him . I am the LORD - exo 6:2

" I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour "- isa 43:11

" I am the LORD,your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your king " - isa 43:15

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images "- isa 42:8

And many more ( isa 44:24,45:5,43:3, exo 14:18,15:26,12:12 )
You see Hashem is always definite in defining who HE is unlike someone who was more like evasive,confusing,not sure of who who was,not even tryin to speak about it ,G-d isn't fearful of who HE is ....

John 10:24-36,
Matt 22:29-32
Mrk 12:24-27
" aπϑ jesus said unto them , I am the bread of life: he that cometh τ̲̅ȍ ♍Ƹ̴ shall never hunger...." Jhn6:35

" I am the door: by ♍Ƹ̴ if any man enter in, he shall be saved ..." Jhn 10:9

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world " jhn 9:5

" I am the true vine, aπϑ my Father is the husbandman " jhn 15:1

aπϑ many more things he believes he is but doesn't ever say he is HASHEM !

Truth hurts that I know ...but Ў☺y see we can believe anything even will ourselves τ̲̅ȍ have faith - but Ў☺y can't will urself τ̲̅ȍ have knowledge ! Knowledge demands an investigation into the nature of reality with an open mind to search for truth .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2014
^^^Where is my answer bro?

shdemidemi:
Ok, to whom exactly was this message written- the church, the entire world, or to the nation of Israel?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 10:01am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Beautiful question ....! It was τ̲̅ȍ israel ! Israel is G-d's servant, G-d's elect, G-d's avenue to b a light to the world aπϑ nations . Don't Ў☺y forget also " salvation is of the jews " .
If the church can't deal with what was revealed τ̲̅ȍ the jews then I suggest they do away with the part of the scriptures they refer τ̲̅ȍ as OT aπϑ concentrate on their NT ...cos its obvious they can't deal with the truth aπϑ unity of G-d's message .
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:

Beautiful question ....! It was τ̲̅ȍ israel ! Israel is G-d's servant, G-d's elect, G-d's avenue to b a light to the world aπϑ nations . Don't Ў☺y forget also " salvation is of the jews " .

Thank you.

If the message was for a chosen people like you have rightly said, does it apply to the uncircumcised Greek/gentile who are not By nature from the loins of Abraham?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

If the message was for a chosen people like you have rightly said, does it apply to the uncircumcised Greek/gentile who are not From the loins of Abraham?

To the gentiles :
Zeph 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
Seek righteousness, seek humility;

perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the Lord’s anger.

Isaiah 56:6-7 And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
    to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
    and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
    and who hold fast to my covenant—
7 these I will bring to my holy mountain
    and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
    will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
    a house of prayer for all nations.”

1 kings 8:41-43 41 “As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name— 42 for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when they come and pray toward this temple, 43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1:

To the gentiles :
Zeph 2:3 Seek the Lord, all you humble of the land,
    you who do what he commands.
Seek righteousness, seek humility;

perhaps you will be sheltered
    on the day of the Lord’s anger.

Isaiah 56:6-7 And foreigners who bind themselves to the Lord
    to minister to him,
to love the name of the Lord,
    and to be his servants,
all who keep the Sabbath without desecrating it
    and who hold fast to my covenant—
7 these I will bring to my holy mountain
    and give them joy in my house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and sacrifices
    will be accepted on my altar;
for my house will be called
    a house of prayer for all nations.”

1 kings 8:41-43 41 “As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name— 42 for they will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when they come and pray toward this temple, 43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.

My brother, you quoted a prediction and a forecast concerning Gentiles.

What do you know about proselytes?

My question was not regarding proselytes but the uncircumcised who did not adopt the Jewish tradition or customs.

shdemidemi:
Thank you.
If the message was for a chosen people like you have rightly said, does it apply to the uncircumcised Greek/gentile who are not By nature from the loins of Abraham?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 11:03am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

My brother, you quoted a prediction and a forecast concerning Gentiles.

What do you know about proselytes?

My question was not regarding proselytes but the uncircumcised who did not adopt the Jewish tradition or customs.

i don't get it ... How can you accept G-d without accepting the truth of His Chosen ones and part of their traditions or customs ? The two major faiths built most of their beliefs from Torah which the Jews have over time accepted as what differentiates them from the rest of the nations . And to come think of it ...they both profess the truth of the Torah but go along the way and claim that it's been relegated to the background ! Because G-d has divorced the children of Israel for Gentile nations ! Which I still don't know where and how ? ( both Islam and Christianity )
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: i don't get it ... How can you accept G-d without accepting the truth of His Chosen ones and part of their traditions or customs ? The two major faiths built most of their beliefs from Torah which the Jews have over time accepted as what differentiates them from the rest of the nations .

Well, my question was to show you the distinction and disparity between the circumcised Jews and the uncircumcised nations. This was what Peter said about an uncircumcised gentile-

Acts 10
Peter told them, “You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you.

Do you agree with him that association with Gentiles was anathema to an average Jew according to the law?
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by scosco1: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2014
shdemidemi:

Well, my question was to show you the distinction and disparity between the circumcised Jews and the uncircumcised nations. This was what Peter said about an uncircumcised gentile-

Acts 10
Peter told them, “You know it is against our laws for a Jewish man to enter a Gentile home like this or to associate with you.

Do you agree with him that association with Gentiles was anathema to an average Jew according to the law?
Who were the Gentiles of such a time ? The Romans who had their own gods nd religious system or the Greeks just to mention a few ! Is it not the Gentiles who destroyed the temple ? No it isn't ! It is only when the gentile is steeped in Idolatory and can't differentiate when he is involved in it and is not willing to come out of it ( Mishneh Torah - 9:2) and to make matters worse most are just to blind to admit to Idolatory , blasphemes G-d's name, discredits the truth of the Torah
Re: Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! by shdemidemi(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2014
scosco1: Who were the Gentiles of such a time ? The Romans who had their own gods nd religious system or the Greeks just to mention a few ! Is it not the Gentiles who destroyed the temple ? No it isn't ! It is only when the gentile is steeped in Idolatory and can't differentiate when he is involved in it and is not willing to come out of it ( Mishneh Torah - 9:2) and to make matters worse most are just to blind to admit to Idolatory , blasphemes G-d's name, discredits the truth of the Torah

Please answer my question, do you agree with what Peter said in Acts 10 about the relationship between a Jew and a non-Jew according to the law?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The God That Never Was * / For Muslims : Does Muslims Believe In Miracles? / What Does The Purple Triangle Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.