Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,455 members, 7,964,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 10:43 PM

Website Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review (875 Views)

Website Review / www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review by yawatide(f): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2008
Not my site or that of someone I know.  Gbosaaa!!!  Una been think say na my own site? LOL

Actually, I would like for us all to review the PDP website.  I just stumbled upon it a few minutes ago:
http://peopledemocraticparty.org/index.html

After you are done butchering the developer (much deserved), I would like for you to click the "site developed by" link.  Once you get past the broken link, copy the actualy URL and go to the contact page of the developer to see where they are based.  After that, do any of you want to bet that this site cost anything less than N1million to develop?

After all is said and done, sit back and:

1) Think to yourself how highly your clients in Nigeria actually value you, Nigerian developers in Nigeria, as developers and

2) Just think of the "free" or N25,000 price you will be giving someone the next time you advertise here or to whomever it may be.

Tis a shame indeed!
Re: Website Review by DualCore1: 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2008
its just crazy. is that the official PDP site?
if it is, then this is double crazy
Re: Website Review by kehers(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2008
Wat should be expected from a VHS to CD convertion company grin
Re: Website Review by cmon(m): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
Check out the spelling of the domain name. That alone tells you what to expect. I tot it was peoples democratic party . The domain name has already started confusing me. angry
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2008
cmon,

EVERYTHING about the site is wrong and that is what happens when you give someone who is unaware of our culture, a job to do.

I am actually in negotiations with a Nigerian client (to do a site about Nigeria) right now where he had the guts to tell me that he has solicited proposals from developers in India. I guess it was his way of saying I should go cheap on the prices. Tell me how an Indian will know anything, even after reading about it, about our culture. What's worse? do you think the average Indian man would give his job to a Nigerian? Tomorrow now, something goes wrong with the site. That is when they remember that you are around. Then to add insult to injury, they still insist of a cheaper price. They forget that it is cheaper in the long-run to pay more now than in the future when all hell breaks loose.

Again, na waiya.
Re: Website Review by goldenimp(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2008
JESUS CHRIST the site is hurting my eyes.

where did you ever get the link?

I could do a free site for them just to boost my profile.

just dont know what to say
Re: Website Review by yawatide(f): 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2008
goldenimp,

My favorite past time is googling. When I am bored, I google  tongue

I have been googling for PDP's website for at least 3 years but came up with nothing, even after going past page 1 of the results page.  Today, I read an article talking about them meeting in Akwa Ibom State for a conference or whatever.  Then I say make I google am again, after about a year.  Then I saw the nightmare on elm street LOL.  I wanted to dismiss it until I saw that the info on the site is current.

We have a long way to go in terms of client education, I swia! grin
Re: Website Review by Mbeki: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2008
PDP has always been the problem of Nigeria Development.
They and all that belongs to their party are nothing but a bunch of sycophant who'll do nothing to improve the country. The site is took about 30 Mins to load on my system.
They'll be the one to complain of joblessness and yet, take a job to a substandard contractor all the way in US
SHAAAAAAAAAAMe on PDP
SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa on there contrator
Re: Website Review by HC: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2008
what the hell is that? Is that suppose to be the website of Nigeria's rulling party? My God, its a shame; why dont they simply upload a PDF file or Microsoft word 97 file.
Re: Website Review by dayotee2(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2008
The PDP site is a national disgrace, a shame to intellectual proficiency of the black race.

I want to believe the site is a scam , if it is truly the official website of PDP then I think it is a true reflection of the "people destroying party".

they lack taste for quality and professionalism, little wonder Nigeria is still like this.

To the developer: for national peace sake, pls get trained or outsource jobs to professional, its not out of place to get jobs from people who's got no eyes but you don't have to do stupid jobs, in a stupid way all the time. You could have parted with 50% of the deal and get a better job for your client and raise your companies brand respect.

Nigerians are more blessed than this, you can imagine the image this would have created in the international community.

God help Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone To Take Me And A Friend Website Site Design: What's Ur Price / Php Barcode Reader / I Saw Senator John Udoedehe On My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.