Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,140 members, 7,907,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? (505 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / Let's Discuss Why Relationships Break Up. . . / Why Do Long Term Relationships Break Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? by favourmic(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
Most therapists will tell you the reasons relationship fail are money, sex, and communication, in that order. I disagree. I believe the reasons for the failure of most relationships are what I call the A, B, double C's:

A = Lack of Awareness
: Lack of Awareness or an attitude of, "It's all about you -- not me." These people are into blaming, making others wrong and they seldom analyze what it is they are doing to contribute to their situation.

B = Lack of understanding about Boundaries
: Lack of Boundaries or lack of understanding of how they work. This issue is critical and this is the very reason most couples don't make it. Solid Boundaries help give us a clear understanding of what our responsibilities are and are not. Boundaries prevent us from becoming co-dependent or making others responsible for our good feelings about our selves.

C = Lack of Commitment
: This is the individual who is "doing time" in relationships, but not doing work on him or herself. These people act disinterested, disconnected to issues or process, and are in relationships but not really present to or for each other. These people usually get their own way through manipulation, shaming, disapproval, fear, intimidation, control, interrogation, withdrawal or dishonesty.

D = Communication Problems
: When you are able to communicate, these and all other issues - sex and $ problems, or any other problems -- get dealt with effectively.

I Hope I'm right and it helps have a lovely day. undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
The ladies xpects too much nd gives little in2 d relationship,tat shld b no5

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
edozie04: The ladies xpects too much nd gives little in2 d relationship,tat shld b no5

I so much agree with points C and D.. that's CD.

Lack of understanding is also a problem.
Re: What Are The Reasons Why So Many Relationships Break Up? by favourmic(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
edozie04: The ladies xpects too much nd gives little in2 d relationship,tat shld b no5

True that is the another problem we are face.

(1) (Reply)

what makes Your Relationship Status Complicated? / 11 Words That Describe You! : / Dangote Want's To Marry Your Sister As 11th Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.