Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,588 members, 7,944,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 01:00 AM

FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October (31542 Views)

List Of Public. Private Universities And Colleges In United State / Private Schools Vs Government Schools In Nigeria / Mark Calls For Public, Private Partnership To Save Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Chibest2000(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....
Hahahahaa.. madam sori o u really sound funny, bt remember prevention is better dan cure!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 10:36am On Aug 27, 2014
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by egopersonified(f): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2014
Oct 13? Kai, this govt wan destroy my peace of mind oh. With all the injuries this hols, sept 15th looks like three months away, talk more of oct 13, thatz like a year from now. Kai.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 27, 2014
okparaugo:

No be small thing...

Are you a teacher or primary school pupil ?
grin if i ansa u, i don fall my own hand b dat
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by sirt1(m): 11:20am On Aug 27, 2014
Symphony007: According to the government, the ebola virus is under control save all primary and secondary contacts of the patrick sawyer incident, no other case has been reported or confirmed in any other part of the country, so I don't see the reason for cutting short what will already be a short and confusing school year in 2015 with the elections...this just reminds me of the government shutting down schools in 2010 for "voters registration". Totally unnecessary.

Nigerians with double mouth. If resumption was not postponed and 2 or 3 pupils contacted d disease, You and ur cohorts will be d first to come to internet and tell us how incapable our president and his ministers are.

Federal Government had taken the best step and I commend them for that. Bear it in mind that when there is life, there is hope.

Ghana that only recorded 1 case of ebola postponed resumption date and u pple are here talking rub.bish.

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by cashbayo(m): 11:22am On Aug 27, 2014
Men! This is absolutely too long for us Youth corpers serving in schools... I serve in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State and I base in Ibadan, Oyo state... Traveling up and down is not that easy! Just returned recently and I don't know what to do now... FG self with odd policies!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by dontalk: 11:24am On Aug 27, 2014
ify84: it makes seriously no difference.....

It makes a lot my dear,especially to families with kids. There will be considerable drop in the spread of this disease. Just imagine the spread of conjuctivities "Appollo" among school children, for instance.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Iolite(f): 11:43am On Aug 27, 2014
repogirl: Source pls? I don't want to believe this, just when I was rejoicing that September will be here soon and these two little rugrats will let me rest small....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by celinababy: 11:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Naaaaaaa smh..too long a holiday.how do they want us in d private school to cope financialy cos no fees no salary hmmm God help us n forgive PATRICK SAWYER whereeva he is

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by 9jatatafo(m): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2014
More shouting for parents as the kids will stay at home much longer than expected. Anyway I never knew FG love our school kids this much because we still have the Chibok school girls on abduction. Medicine after death.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Riclord001(m): 11:54am On Aug 27, 2014
StealthyMe:

You know adults can be more conscious,but with kids you never can tell undecided

Keeps them at home..
yea and only d conscious adults have been infected so far

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by specco(m): 12:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
9jatatafo: More shouting for parents as the kids will stay at home much longer than expected. Anyway I never knew FG love our school kids this much because we still have the Chibok school girls on abduction. Medicine after death.

Even if Mr President takes up the responsibility of cleaning up your back passage each time you visit the 'throne room' you'll stiil say he hasn't done enough! Parents will prefer a 1000times to shout themselves hoarse than to cry themselves hoarse.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by izikjon(m): 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
dat is not a solution nor a fix.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.

Election is in February not April/May, even at that its always on weekends and shouldn't interrupt the school calendar, I think its a good step in the right direction and should be commended.

Note that the postponement is to allow the teachers to be well trained to manage potential Ebola case and not for any selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by mobo2(f): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
grin grin angry angry
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by room089: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
That's nice.
I just pray and hope ministry of education will make the most of this time by training these staff from various schools on Ebola related issues as it has promised.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by StealthyMe(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
room089: That's nice.
I just pray and hope ministry of education will make the most of this time by training these staff from various schools on Ebola related issues as it has promised.

Lets hope so...FG & their promises undecided
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by enomakos(m): 2:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
what about mosque and churches?i think all mosques and church shall be close still 2095
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Dtrader1: That is not a good decision
How isnt it a gud decision
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
chimoz: Now this my nephew that keeps on scattering my belongings won't go anytime soon. Let me go home and beat him a bit grin grin grin
LOL
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Wokeyim: Welcome move by the FGN. For those arguing that this move is not necessary, they probably should have a re-think. A two year old will not know how and when to wash his hands, use hand sanitizers, avoid body contacts with his playmates; they will pick and eat things from any surface, etc. How many of them can the Teacher properly attend to? As for church gatherings, the choice is yours as Govt may not be expected to dabble into religious matters. My church has stopped shaking of hands and I have since stopped letting my toddler attend Sunday school class; she sits right with me until service is over and I won't let any one help me carry her. With this ebola thing, one can never be too careful. May God save us from it and soon enough, Amen.
spot on sis, n a big Amen ooo cheesy
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by charlito94(m): 2:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Symphony007: According to the government, the ebola virus is under control save all primary and secondary contacts of the patrick sawyer incident, no other case has been reported or confirmed in any other part of the country, so I don't see the reason for cutting short what will already be a short and confusing school year in 2015 with the elections...this just reminds me of the government shutting down schools in 2010 for "voters registration". Totally unnecessary.

Dey re not shutting down but controlling d spread of d diseas which can cause a serious damage to our lives, family, nation and may probably end our own very existence cos I take dis in two ways, (1) a mistake been made by all these foreign or homemade scientist using these animals as a research and it must hv unfurtunately escaped and now causing panic everywher. And (2) used as a tool by d devil to curb in innocent souls yet to change for distruction. So I like wat d gov is doing practically even in tym of chaos (strike, boko) other factors etc.
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by avuekwe(f): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tundeiab: Na ur pikin abi sister pikin you dey call rugrats so?

Nawa for you o.

abeg, rugrat no be abuse. U never watch the cartoon?
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Onyiido: 3:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tazmode: Mehn, see enjoyment o
I dey tell u. My mumsy go enjoy am oooo
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by kennz(f): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote
author=StealthyMe]Ebola: FG closes all PRIVATE and PUBLIC primary and
secondary schools till 13th October.

The Federal Government has directed that all private and public primary
and secondary schools should remain closed till 13th October, 2014 as a
preventive measure against the spread of Ebola Virus Disease.

The preventive measures are decisions reached in a meeting the Minister
of Education held with State Commissioners of Education in Abuja on
tuesday (today). This measure was announced by the Minister of
Education, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.

He said that any private school that fails to comply will be duly
sanctioned by the State Ministry of Education.The Minister said that the
government will go to any length to punish any school that fails to
comply.He added all the State Ministries of Education are to immediately
organise and ensure that at least two staff in each school, both public
and private are trained on how to handle any suspected Ebola case.

Shekarau said the training of the staff on health must be concluded by
15th September, 2015.Shekarau said that he would meet with all State
Commissioners of Education on 23rd September, 2014 to appraise the
situation.[/quote]

It's good bt na salary go suffer

1 Like

Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
bankyblue: Another mass faliur looming @ waec.
But all the same kudos to our govt, because this is one situation they ve handle well #EBOLA
no vex bros, what exactly do you mean by 'faliur'? undecided
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by IamforGod: 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:
Me think it makes no difference. Those adults would still come home to mix with the kids or wouldn't they? This kinda decision would only throw that sector backward. Remember that by April/May there's compulsory holiday because of election. How would staff of private schools cope? No resumption, no school fees, no salary.
so u wud rather be at risk of ebola becos of 15,000 salary yeye is really smelling. FG good work jare keep d kids safe
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by bola1100(m): 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
What difference does it make? Most schools usually resume around mid or towards the end of September anyway
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by bankyblue(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
Tazmode: no vex bros, what exactly do you mean by 'faliur'? undecided

failure
thanks for the observation
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Orjhong: are there any batch c Corp members who teach here... are you thinking what I'm thinking?? wink
hahahaha...you are on point. na same shoe we dey jor
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by goldbim(f): 6:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
I dnt know about some private schools,but most definitely,teachers salaries will be paid in most private schools(#might be delayed#)because d kids will still pay the same school fees even if schs resume Dec1st!!meanwhile,let's push EBOLA out of our country first..Also,policemen are going round the schools to chase kids home,so NO MORE SUMMER COACHING where I work oo.dnt knw abt some schools!!
Re: FG Closes All Public & Private Schools Till 13th Of October by Chinom(m): 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
HFOG:

In your own little mind, you made sense here. Your's is a very selfish post. Are you a private school teacher ?. We are talking of stopping the total spread of the Ebola virus and you are worried about private school teachers salary. School children would not know how to take precaution. My 3 year old will surely touch, play and hug her school friends and vice-versa without any thought of contracting Ebola.
We adults and parents can make better judgments about who we will shake hands with or touch. Not to mention hugging.
The decision a very good one. The society needs more time to completely eradicate the virus before normal daily life continues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

For All Students Who Studied Botany Or Any Other Plant Related Field / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba Dismisses Reports Of Schools Resuming On June 8 / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.