Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,666 members, 7,892,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:53 PM

National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) (44502 Views)

Daar Communications Presents Card To Buhari (Photos) / Nigeria's First Indigenous Drone (being Build And Launched) / Anonymous Hacked Ferguson Police Servers And Launched A DDOS Attack! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2014
The DG/CEO National Identity Management Commission, Barr. Chris Onyemenam, on behalf of management and entire staff of NIMC, wishes to announce the UNVEILING and LAUNCH of the National eID Card by the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Date: Thursday, 28 August 2014
Venue: Banquet Hall, Aso Rock Presidential Villa
Time: 9:00 am

Invited Guests Are to be Seated by 8:15am Prompt.

https://www.facebook.com/nimc.ng/photos/a.679456472101616.1073741826.192729797440955/720203341360262/?type=1&permPage=1

18 Likes 12 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by peteregwu(m): 10:29am On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark: AFTER A LONG HARD WORK COMES FULFILMENT.
THE FUTURE IS HERE.

The DG/CEO National Identity Management
Commission, Barr. Chris Onyemenam, on behalf
of management and entire staff of NIMC, wishes
to announce the UNVEILING and LAUNCH of the
National eID Card by the President and
Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele
Jonathan.
Date: Thursday, 28 August 2014
Venue: Banquet Hall, Aso Rock Presidential Villa
Time: 9:00 am
Invited Guests Are to be Seated by 8:15am
Prompt.

pls is it the same thing with the permanent voters card?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by donsteady(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Nice move

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Firefire(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2014
Nigeria is becoming sophisticated.

Please keep our data secure.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 10:35am On Aug 27, 2014
So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

So, I can go and get my temporary Id changed anytime from next month? Hopefully, it will work out.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by eunisam: 10:40am On Aug 27, 2014
Can't wait to have mine linked to my paypal account.hope is posibl

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 10:45am On Aug 27, 2014
peteregwu:

pls is it the same thing with the permanent voters card?
no sir. its different from the voters card the voters card will be given out at INEC designated centres

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by ITbomb(m): 10:46am On Aug 27, 2014
Finally, it seems Nigeria is ripe to fully be trusted in international commerce.
A solid ID database saves a lot of stress for international business

Still hoping that in the nearest future, Voters card, driving licence and National ID would be link to the same card

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by pimplucious: 10:55am On Aug 27, 2014
The future of 170 million Nigerias sold to matercard? Smh

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by eunisam: 11:02am On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe: So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

So, I can go and get my temporary Id changed anytime from next month? Hopefully, it will work out.

Learn to appreciate goodthings,lamentation will take you no where.

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by dehmohlah(m): 11:11am On Aug 27, 2014
9ice one and also to book space.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Arosa(m): 11:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Have they made it compulsory for every Nigerian from age 16 to have one?

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
Congrats, At last!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by MyIncorp: 12:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
It looks promising. Let's just hope the FG makes a success of this one.

Register a Company in Nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
eunisam: Learn to appreciate goodthings,lamentation will take you no where.

Do you know what the word "lamentation" means? Abi you just feel like using it?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe: So, the DG thinks he has done a good job? After how much and how long? SMH. Too much mumu people in this country.

Appreciate it first. Our baba iyabo never got long way and better like this. After all it was his long closest friend that chop the money. At least this is one of the best and it is multipurpose.
Waiting for mine jare

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by udysweet(f): 12:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
What of those of us who had it back then? Can we change it to this new one? Cos I remember mine states occupation as student meanwhile am no longer one.

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by mayorall(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is it going to be available nationwide?.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
4bobo:
Appreciate it first. Our baba iyabo never got long way and better like this. After all it was his long closest friend that chop the money. At least this is one of the best and it is multipurpose.
Waiting for mine jare

Baba Iyabo gave me one and that one didn't take long to get.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
udysweet: What of those of us who had it back then? Can we change it to this new one? Cos I remember mine states occupation as student meanwhile am no longer one.
if you register the old one between 2003-2011 then you will need to register a new one, but if you register like 2012 and above then you have registered the new one then all you need to do is to wait for modification phase to kick off.
By the way, the current one you have.....does it have NIN or personal number?
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shizzleStar: 12:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
after insulting yourself....

you still want to go ahead and change it, now who be the real mumu?

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by eunisam: 12:40pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Do you know what the word "lamentation" means? Abi you just feel like using it?
i dont know the meaning,i feel like using it.what is the meaning?

2 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by wheesin(m): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
fvck me in the assz and call me mama !! shocked is dis the id card or a central bank atm card ?...dis people sef..they fit turn professor to illiterate undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Gboliwe: 12:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
shizzleStar: after insulting yourself....

you still want to go ahead and change it, now who be the real mumu?
Unfortunately, its you!

3 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
Is that GEJ on the card!!
Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by shikshark: 12:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
Gboliwe:

Baba Iyabo gave me one and that one didn't take long to get.
yes baba iyabo (sunday afolabi) gave it out on time but there was no National database where the data was stored back then, the whole process was messed up and had all the characteristic of negligence" Government work is not my papa work"
But this new system has a server developed called CIDR (Central Identity registry) which is located at the headquarters where every citizen data is stored on security infrastructure with ISO 27001 and ICAO 9303 compliance.
trust me, this new Identity system is going to work in Nigeria, it has work in lesser nations and it is going to work for us.
At least God will not come down Himself to help us......God bless Nigeria, God bless the whole world

31 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by tonytony208(m): 12:59pm On Aug 27, 2014

i don't understand what you mean by "after how much and how long". I was at ilorin branch about a month or 2 ago to register mine and the reception was top class. The organization and registration process too were so un-Nigerian, if you know what i mean. So if they had spent huge money on it, i think it is justified. The id card is coming out about 2 months after its commencement. If you know the number of pple that registered, you will realize they need time to put things together.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by tonytony208(m): 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
udysweet: What of those of us who had it back then? Can we change it to this new one? Cos I remember mine states occupation as student meanwhile am no longer one.

visit their office for a new one.

1 Like

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by Godhandpro: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
shikshark:
yes baba iyabo (sunday afolabi) gave it out on time but there was no National database where the data was stored back then, the whole process was messed up and had all the characteristic of negligence" Government work is not my papa work"
But this new system has a server developed called CIDR (Central Identity registry) which is located at the headquarters where every citizen data is stored on security infrastructure with ISO 27001 and ICAO 9303 compliance.
trust me, this new Identity system is going to work in Nigeria, it has work in lesser nations and it is going to work for us.
At least God will not come down Himself to help us......

Best comment so far......you beat me to it

6 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by tunde1200(m): 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Promising future for Nigerians!

4 Likes

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by koligs: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
Facts about life
1.The whitest man on earth still
have a black
shadow
2.No mechanic can repair
breaking news
3.No matter how tall you are,you
can never see
tommorow 4.Even if you have
millions of cars,you still have to
walk to your bedroom
5.You,being the best swimmer
doesn't make you a
fish
6.The strongest man on earth can
never carry a
Mansion 7.The smartest Assasin
on earth can never kill
Water
8.No matter how smart a police
is,he can never
catch the air
9.No matter how mighty a man
is,he can never be
wise as King Solomon 10.Going to
Church or Mosque doesn't makes
you a
good Christian or Muslim
No matter how powerful and
dreadful # EBOLAis,we wont be
infected

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: National eID Card To Be Unveiled And Launched Tomorrow (Picture) by fr3do(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
pimplucious: The future of 170 million Nigerias sold to matercard? Smh

How

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Metuh In Handcuffs For Destruction Of Evidence / Dino Melaye And Godswill Akpabio In A Dancing Competition (Photo) / Police Officers Cry As They Are Deployed To Stop Protesting Oby Ozekwesili, BBOG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.