Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,790 members, 7,882,754 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 01:20 PM

I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation (1886 Views)

Ask Your Questions About Branding And Logo Design Here / Ask Questions About 3d And Visual Effects Here I Will Be Glad To Answer / Ask Questions About Video Editing Here Will Be Glad To Answer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by remi4ever(m): 10:35am On Aug 27, 2014
Good a.m Ya'll...I have a problem fiqurinq out which software to start off with...in my animation..

I Currently...need ...tutorials on photoshop, Synfig studio...blender and rest... Though i knw Blender...is a more complex..animation..software 3D...
And who knows the software..used in creating...Area's flat animations...with steps...
Any Idea or contribution..is highly welcome!
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Donald3d(m): 10:13pm On Sep 02, 2014
would actually b dificult to give u an answer because it depends on d type of animation u want to go into.if is 2d or 3d ;for 2d i would prefer u go for toon boom i discovered it was used in creating spongesquare pants but if it is 3d go for 3dmax or maya ,3dmax and maya are like brothers 3dmax is easier to learn ,maya has richer tools,maya takes more time to learn, they both have their pros and cons,but all the rich tools in maya can be obtained in 3dmax using third party plugins

1 Like

Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by victor1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2014
Kazuna, your work is superb. For how long have you been learning blender?
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by remi4ever(m): 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Donald3d: would actually b dificult to give u an answer because it depends on d type of animation u want to go into.if is 2d or 3d ;for 2d i would prefer u go for toon boom i discovered it was used in creating spongesquare pants but if it is 3d go for 3dmax or maya ,3dmax and maya are like brothers 3dmax is easier to learn ,maya has richer tools,maya takes more time to learn, they both have their pros and cons,but all the rich tools in maya can be obtained in 3dmax using third party plugins
Yea thanks alot bro! Never knew toonBoom...can also be a useful software..ah was thinkinq of qettinq flash..but ama checkout toonBoom tho! Thanks alot...wah about area's video do u knw d software involved?
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 13, 2014
victor1: Kazuna, your work is superb. For how long have you been learning blender?
Roughly a year and 8 months now......still learning
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by OKX(m): 10:54am On Sep 14, 2014
@kazuna
Well done. It takes patience and determination to pull off what u did. At this pace you will only get better. U asked for critiques, so here are my thoughts.

As regards the quality of the animation, embark on simple exercises to practise animating how the body moves and shifts weights. For example, u could just focus on walk cycles. Get tons of reference footage of walks from different views, there are sites that provide free footage.

Ur work has a challenge in that regard. There is no noticeable up and down motion of the hips at either the passing position or the contact pose. It kinda draws the eye.

U also need to break up the flow of your joints to eliminate the feeling of stiffness. If the arm is swinging forward from a rest position, the elbow and joint will delay for a bit before moving in accordance with Newtons law of physics.

It applies to all joints and will provide some overlap and secondary motion.

The human body is never ever perfectly still even when we are being passive, introduce moving holds (where there is some slight motion of maybe the hips, arms or head) to eliminate that dead feeling of some of the characters.

Human actions occur in arcs, be mindful of that. If your limbs perform their actions in arcs the animation is more fluid and readable. Currently, most of ur actions are linear and robotic.

The above observations are a lot to absorb at a go, that's why I suggest taking on smaller projects like a walkcycle, a character lifting a pot, a character sitting down etc...when u nail the principles in those kind of simple actions, it will be easier building more complex interactions.

Study and apply the broad principles of animation....trust me, its important. Our eyes have been trained to expect certain things in animation, the absence of any impacts our work and the appeal it would have on an audience.

Again bravo on the hard work!
I have more thots but I can share them on a dedicated thread, if u like.
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
OKX: @kazuna

U also need to break up the flow of your joints to eliminate the feeling of stiffness. If the arm is swinging forward from a rest position, the elbow and joint will delay for a bit before moving in accordance with Newtons law of physics.

It applies to all joints and will provide some overlap and secondary motion.

The human body is never ever perfectly still even when we are being passive, introduce moving holds (where there is some slight motion of maybe the hips, arms or head) to eliminate that dead feeling of some of the characters.

Human actions occur in arcs, be mindful of that. If your limbs perform their actions in arcs the animation is more fluid and readable. Currently, most of ur actions are linear and robotic.

Again bravo on the hard work!
I have more thots but I can share them on a dedicated thread, if u like.

Thanks a lot. You cant be any more lucid. I don't mind you starting a thread on that. Can you? plzzzzz boss
And can you refer me to a good source where i can get a good walk cycle tutorial be it on any software....PLZzzzzzz...lol...don't tell me to go to youtube and search.
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 16, 2014
And one more thing OKX, can you point out the xters with the most defaults. Thankie once again
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by OKX(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
@kazuna
Sorry for the late response, I have to juggle web presence with other pressing duties. Will dig up some reference material and post them to aid ur walk cycles. Just gimme a bit.
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
OKX: @kazuna
Sorry for the late response, I have to juggle web presence with other pressing duties. Will dig up some reference material and post them to aid ur walk cycles. Just gimme a bit.
alright
Re: I Need To Ask These Questions About Animation by amijid2012(m): 12:57am On Sep 22, 2014
Pls am a novice in Blender I wud rili luv 2 learn it more., pls can any one direct me 2 any site where I can get a full tutorial on Blender., plss am tired using youtube.., and let me drop my 1st work I did 2nyt ago.,

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Photos Taken By An Aspiring Photographer / 2 Gbaski: Hehehe No Mind Me Oooo / Typography Type Of Graphics Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.