Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,755 members, 7,879,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 03:25 PM

Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra (7743 Views)

Is Alison-Madueke Sponsoring Biafra Breakaway To Avoid Prison For Her Corruption / 2015: PDP Will Lose Without Breakaway Governors – Tambuwal / PDP Split: Progressive Governors Forum Congratulates Breakaway PDP Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 8:31am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

The abandoned property menace you talk about was most prevalent in the SS, Rivers especially.
Igbo men who had property in Lagos largely got it back (at least I can talk of my circle) Our "brothers" in Port Harcourt did abandoned property Gimmick on my Grand pa (RIP) and till today he never got it back, !and that is the same Rivers some deluded "biafrans" want to add as their own.

And from the way you write, you are too bitter to reason without sentiments, so I understand your plight

I noticed you carefully skipped the part where our jobs and money were stolen by Nigerians, and is more interested in accentuating the abandonment property saga in PH.

I'm not a bitter one clouded by sentiments. You are the slimy one, clouded with treachery, I know your type, and I understand your plight.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 8:38am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

And BTW, I'm an Igbo man too.

Pakistani people don't want to be part of India anymore grin grin
Though not All Pakistani tho, but many will like to be Indian, as an Indian passport carries more clout than a Pakistani one, and that is why they are escaping to the other end of the border to blend in as Indian Muslims (BTW there are more Indian Muslims than the entire Pakistanis population)
So your point on Pakistan is funny,

I don't know much about Eritrea, but the last I checked, their economy is in a cesspit, even after leaving with the ports.

Then for South Sudan... You have no idea mehn, you really don't

This is trash coming from you. People from neighbouring country cross migrate. There are many Mexicans migrating to America, there are many inter migration between USA and Canada. It doesn't mean citizens of those nations want their nation fused with those of their neighbors.

Pakistani Are not seeking to be re joined with india, same applies to Eritrea and South Sudan.

Nigeria is already a cesspit, Biafra can't be any worst.
So your scare tactics is dead on arrival. Try again later.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

I noticed you carefully skipped the part where our jobs and money were stolen by Nigerians, and is more interested in accentuating the abandonment property saga in PH.

I'm not a bitter one clouded by sentiments. You are the slimy one, clouded with treachery, I know your type, and I understand your plight.

Well, as for the £20 pound policy, that was very very unfortunate, and as for jobs stolen......

Well the last time I checked Igbos were and still are largely entrepreneurs, And for those who fled, were they expecting to get their jobs when they came back?

You sef reason am....

But one thing that I agree with is that Injustices were meted out to us back then (the seizing of the money)
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 8:50am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

This is trash coming from you. People from neighbouring country cross migrate. There are many Mexicans migrating to America, there are many inter migration between USA and Canada. It doesn't mean citizens of those nations want their nation fused with those of their neighbors.

Pakistani Are not seeking to be re joined with india, same applies to Eritrea and South Sudan.

Nigeria is already a cesspit, Biafra can't be any worst.
So your scare tactics is dead on arrival. Try again later.

Lol @ scare tactics.....

So telling you the reality on ground is scare tactics?

Pakistan will never join with India again and the rest the same, because the damage has been done already and cannot be undone.
So they have to live with the consequences of what their government did, or what they voted like in the case of U.K. and Sudan who did referendum.

Nigeria is already a cesspit, yea right, and we being a major ethnic group also contributed to what makes Nigeria a cesspit as you call it, and you think that with just drawing borders, the inherent things that negros in that country do that makes the country a cesspit will just go away
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 8:50am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

I hear you.
Let us see whether a Biafra will be a reality or not na grin grin

Those countries I mentioned and you repeated are in their worse shape than when they left.
I'm not saying that Igbo people will be worse off if we leave the country, but the fundamental issues wrong with these new countries were not addressed, and drawing new lines did not change nothing, and their countries are seeing the result.

Britain thought they were too big and sophisticated for EU, now they have left see the mess they are in.....

Anyways everyone has the right to his opinions tho.

Nigeria is a cesspit already, what worst will happen in Biafra?

Just by cutting off the unwanted dead weight of Nigerians, is enough to set Ndiigbo on the right path we were on before 1966 events.

You are not saying that Igboland will be worst off than we are in Nigeria, but you are surely subtly implying so.

Fundamental issues wrong with Nigeria will be addressed in Biafra. Just as fundamental issues that was affecting Yugoslavia was addressed in the New nations of Croatia and the Rest, and those affecting the Malay federation was addressed in Malaysia and Singapore, those affecting USSR were addressed by the nations that broke off from there. Czech and Slovakia are not seeking to fuse back into Czechoslovakia.

It's a big world out there. If you can't see Igbo existence outside this failed country, Millions of Ndiigbo do, because we believe we can do better.

Britain is not in any mess, they are just doing fine after Euro exit. No one said it was going to be smooth ride.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 8:56am On Jan 11, 2017
op forget biafra war its in the past now.... let's focus on the killings of Fulani herdsmen which is recent most especially the ongoing pogrom on the peaceful people of southern kaduna which you have never condemn due to your evil heart.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 8:58am On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

Nigeria is a cesspit already, what worst will happen in Biafra?

Just by cutting off the unwanted dead weight of Nigerians, is enough to set Ndiigbo on the right path we were on before 1966 events.

You are not saying that Igboland will be worst off than we are in Nigeria, but you are surely subtly implying so.

Fundamental issues wrong with Nigeria will be addressed in Biafra. Just as fundamental issues that was affecting Yugoslavia was addressed in the New nations of Croatia and the Rest, and those affecting the Malay federation was addressed in Malaysia and Singapore, those affecting USSR were addressed by the nations that broke off from there. Czech and Slovakia are not seeking to fuse back into Czechoslovakia.

It's a big world out there. If you can't see Igbo existence outside this failed country, Millions of Ndiigbo do, because we believe we can do better.

Britain is not in any mess, they are just doing fine after Euro exit. No one said it was going to be smooth ride.

You must be ignorant to say that U.K. is doing just fine .
The pound is dropping astronomically, and investor confidence has fallen badly...
You don't watch news so you will not know.

When Merkel threatened to Isolate UK just two days ago; did you see what happened to their currency

And when she further said that Britain will never have free market without free movement did you see how further the pound sunk

Theresa May has admitted that indeed it will be a BUMPY ride, and at the end of the day, Britain will have to accept the free movement to keep the free market or else their economy will collapse even more (which btw defeats the purpose why many mumu British people voted out)

And as For Malay and Singapore, you probably don't know their history.

Malaysia ejected Singapore out of the Union, not Singapore secceding.

Le Kwan Yew was even shedding tears and begging after Malay did that to them... But they had to take their destiny in their hands, and it paid off.. Malaysia today is also doing very fine, so at the end of the day, maybe it was a win win for them.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 9:01am On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:
op forget biafra war its in the past now.... let's focus on the killings of Fulani herdsmen which is recent most especially the ongoing pogrom on the peaceful people of southern kaduna which you have never condemn due to your evil heart.

The president we have un Aso Rock now is an evil man in that regard, same with the governor of Kaduna state.

The actions Buhari has been taking since assuming office has been setting this country on fire, and that is why secessionist people are gaining more audience amongst disgruntled people, which is normal.

Anyways in 2019, Nigerians will do the needful, by hook or crook

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

The president we have un Aso Rock now is an evil man in that regard, same with the governor of Kaduna state.

The actions Buhari has been taking since assuming office has been setting this country on fire, and that is why secessionist people are gaining more audience amongst disgruntled people, which is normal.

Anyways in 2019, Nigerians will do the needful, by hook or crook
It's very obvious buhari as an evil agender for being president it's already been carried out am not surprise that Fulani herdsmen are killing at will and nothing is being done about it. as for next general election just imajine how long it's took him to grab power He wounth let it go if defeated ooo and nothing anyone can do .Fulani are reducing vote that will be cast against him by attacking opposition strong hold. this country as to split the injustice is too much

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:
It's very obvious buhari as an evil agender for being president it's already been carried out am not surprise that Fulani herdsmen are killing at will and nothing is being done about it. as for next general election just imajine how long it's took him to grab power He wounth let it go if defeated ooo and nothing anyone can do .Fulani are reducing vote that will be cast against him by attacking opposition strong hold. this country as to split the injustice is too much

This is beyond reducing vote or whatever.
Nothing can save him in 2019, he is losing and going back to Daura.
He does not care about the Fulani herdsmen rampage becsuse presidents in General in Nigeria are non chalant to the plight of the people.
When Joe was president, was he not dragging his legs in the BH issue too? Because it does not concern him.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

This is beyond reducing vote or whatever.
Nothing can save him in 2019, he is losing and going back to Daura.
He does not care about the Fulani herdsmen rampage becsuse presidents in General in Nigeria are non chalant to the plight of the people.
When Joe was president, was he not dragging his legs in the BH issue too? Because it does not concern him.
if only you were in core north during last general election then you will understand those dat voted him as president did that out of religious and tribal belief. i was in north then gej did wat he can to end Boko Haram you know The military is filled with core northern Muslim for them it was a Great sin for sourthern infidel to and an Islamic sect.wounth even hand over power if defeated
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:
if only you were in core north during last general election then you will understand those dat voted him as president did that out of religious and tribal belief. i was in north then gej did wat he can to end Boko Haram you know The military is filled with core northern Muslim for them it was a Great sin for sourthern infidel to and an Islamic sect.wounth even hand over power if defeated

What part of the North were you in
GEJ carries the blame in part for how Boko Haram blew out of proportions so don't blame him...
Why was it that six to seven weeks to the elections, somehow we were making advances against Boko Haram?

Na our brother I hear, but he has to take the blame for that one. Declaring state of emergency from day 1 and making powerful arrests would have nipped this in the bud.

And besides, about our Army, those "core Muslim" that you are saying helped fight Boko to a standstill and some lost their lives to it... I knew some of them; and Col. Ali is just one of many; so that your argument no follow Abeg.

Jonathan failed in containing Boko Haram, simple and short, no excuse.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

Any reasonable human being will know that if you leave a job for even 3 months your positiwill be filled but you are expecting them to keep the job you abandoned for 3yrs?

Assuming you have a teacher, a driver, a bank worker etc who left his job for 3yrs, those 3 yrs the students wont be taught they will be waiting for their teacher who left, the cars wont be driven they will be waiting for the driver who left or the bank wont function they will be waiting for the worker who left

It seems some of you live in lala land

And for money left in banks. Most Biafrans withdrew their money when they were leaving and put it in Bank of Biafra. So hae you asked what happened to your money in Bank of Biafra?

What happened to the Naira notes in banks located in the east and the one looted from banks especially Central bank in Benin?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:

Please tell me under which govt we had that there werent pogroms in Southern Kaduna and places in the middle belt, Tell me which govt we had even Jonathan that Fulani herdsmen was not an issue
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

You must be ignorant to say that U.K. is doing just fine .
The pound is dropping astronomically, and investor confidence has fallen badly...
You don't watch news so you will not know.

When Merkel threatened to Isolate UK just two days ago; did you see what happened to their currency

And when she further said that Britain will never have free market without free movement did you see how further the pound sunk

Theresa May has admitted that indeed it will be a BUMPY ride, and at the end of the day, Britain will have to accept the free movement to keep the free market or else their economy will collapse even more (which btw defeats the purpose why many mumu British people voted out)

And as For Malay and Singapore, you probably don't know their history.

Malaysia ejected Singapore out of the Union, not Singapore secceding.

Le Kwan Yew was even shedding tears and begging after Malay did that to them... But they had to take their destiny in their hands, and it paid off.. Malaysia today is also doing very fine, so at the end of the day, maybe it was a win win for them.

I'd advise you tone down on the condescending remarks, cause you have no monopoly over them.

UK is doing just fine after Brexit, the Rocky start was expected, and even at that, Brexit is akin to Morocco leaving the OAU, It's not really secession per say, just regional disintegration.
Secession will be Scotland leaving Britain.

Never said that Singapore seceded. Just pointing out that an unworkable union has no need being kept.
Malaysia recognized they and Singapore had fundamental issues that can never be resolved and did the right thing by pulling the plug on an unworkable union. Today Singapore and Malaysia are better for it.
If not for parasitism and greedy interests, no sane person will be promoting Nigerian unity, as with the Malaysian federation, Nigerian unity can never work.

If Nigeria is a viable union, Ndiigbo will be the one crying for inclusion like Singapore was begging for inclusion in the Malay federation, it wouldn't be Nigeria forcing a demonic union on us.

A people fundamentally different from each other have no reason co existing in the same Union.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 3:09pm On Jan 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Please tell me under which govt we had that there werent pogroms in Southern Kaduna and places in the middle belt, Tell me which govt we had even Jonathan that Fulani herdsmen was not an issue
previous government come out publicly to condemn the menace of herdsmen and even tried to end it this current regime have been to silent about it the president isn't even concerned about it because his tribe are not the one under attack .do you know that the attack on enugu if not for the president silent wound have been avoided.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Any reasonable human being will know that if you leave a job for even 3 months your positiwill be filled but you are expecting them to keep the job you abandoned for 3yrs?

Assuming you have a teacher, a driver, a bank worker etc who left his job for 3yrs, those 3 yrs the students wont be taught they will be waiting for their teacher who left, the cars wont be driven they will be waiting for the driver who left or the bank wont function they will be waiting for the worker who left

It seems some of you live in lala land

And for money left in banks. Most Biafrans withdrew their money when they were leaving and put it in Bank of Biafra. So hae you asked what happened to your money in Bank of Biafra?

What happened to the Naira notes in banks located in the east and the one looted from banks especially Central bank in Benin?

The issue of 20 pounds policy and the indigenization policy that followed had been trashed on this forum time and again, so I wouldn't dignify your Yoruba treacherous mind with a reply on that.

On the job issue, where is the place of re integration? Most of those jobs were government jobs, the Yorubas were fast the fill in the job place with themselves as compensation from the North for their support in the one Nigeria campaign.

If that seem fair enough to you, then you should understand why Ndiigbo consider you and your people no brother of ours and cannot Co exist in same geographical entity with you lots.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:
previous government come out publicly to condemn the menace of herdsmen and even tried to end it this current regime have been to silent about it the president isn't even concerned about it because his tribe are not the one under attack .do you know that the attack on enugu if not for the president silent wound have been avoided.

This is Buhari publicly condemning fulani herdsmen

President Muhammadu Buhari has reacted to the recent upsurge in communal violence by suspected herdsmen, and has ordered the police and the military to “take all necessary action to stop the carnage”.
Mr. Buhari’s directive, Wednesday, followed the latest attack, on Monday, in Ukpabi Nimbo, a community in Enugu State, where dozens of people were reportedly killed by heavily armed herdsmen.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202545-buhari-breaks-silence-orders-herdsmen-brought-justice.html

So try find another line of reasoning
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

What part of the North were you in
GEJ carries the blame in part for how Boko Haram blew out of proportions so don't blame him...
Why was it that six to seven weeks to the elections, somehow we were making advances against Boko Haram?

Na our brother I hear, but he has to take the blame for that one. Declaring state of emergency from day 1 and making powerful arrests would have nipped this in the bud.

And besides, about our Army, those "core Muslim" that you are saying helped fight Boko to a standstill and some lost their lives to it... I knew some of them; and Col. Ali is just one of many; so that your argument no follow Abeg.

Jonathan failed in containing Boko Haram, simple and short, no excuse.
well let's watch how things unfold next election isn't far awaythis time I Hope we get things right even though it's is almost impossible buhari with his action av done more harm and no good

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:
The issue of 20 pounds policy and the indigenization policy that followed had been trashed on this forum time and again, so I wouldn't dignify your Yoruba treacherous mind with a reply on that.

On the job issue, where is the place of re integration? Most of those jobs were government jobs, the Yorubas were fast the fill in the job place with themselves as compensation from the North for their support in the one Nigeria campaign.

If that seem fair enough to you, then you should understand why Ndiigbo consider you and your people no brother of ours and cannot Co exist in same geographical entity with you lots.

You mean you have no point except the emotional rants
All the bank notes in Banks that were in Biafran areas were any of them returned after the war? All the money looted from CBN in Benin and Enugu were they returned? All your investment in Bank of Biafra were they returned?

Reintegration how? To sack the person that has been doing the job you abandoned for 3yrs and let you back into your former seat? Please tell anywhere in the world where such is done.

If you own a business e.g school and a teacher left for 3yrs and came back will you fire the person who took his position to bring him in? Most likely he will have to wait until a position opens and he will apply
You took a 3yrs vacation when you come back you start from the beginning

Look no Yoruba is looking for any brotherhood with you or anyone, And if you want out of Nigeria absolutely go for it, Withdraw all your people living in Nigeria and order them to Biafra, Go through the proper channels through your senators and HOR to push for a Biafra bill in the house. Withdraw all your senators and politicians in Abuja back to Biafra. You cant be Biafra and be legislating Nigerian matter.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 3:24pm On Jan 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/202545-buhari-breaks-silence-orders-herdsmen-brought-justice.html

obviouslly with the continued Fulani menace is directives are not been followed only that of crackdown on biafra protesters and peaceful shia sect are in execusion
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by smilingface(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

obviouslly with the continued Fulani menace is directives are not been followed only that of crackdown on biafra protesters and peaceful shia sect are in execusion.hundredshave killed how many Fulani herdsmen that carryout this act have been arrested?
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:
obviouslly with the continued Fulani menace is directives are not been followed only that of crackdown on biafra protesters and peaceful shia sect are in execusion

So under which regime was the directive of the president followed that stopped the menace of Fulani Herdsmen or pogroms in the middle belt

Under Jonathan regime almost on a daily basis villages in Plateau, Benue etc were wiped out. Was it because Jonathan endorsed it?

And tell me which Govt in Nigeria hasnt cracked down on Biafra protesters and SHia sect?
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Ugosample(m): 3:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
vicenzo:

I'd advise you tone down on the condescending remarks, cause you have no monopoly over them.

UK is doing just fine after Brexit, the Rocky start was expected, and even at that, Brexit is akin to Morocco leaving the OAU, It's not really secession per say, just regional disintegration.
Secession will be Scotland leaving Britain.

Never said that Singapore seceded. Just pointing out that an unworkable union has no need being kept.
Malaysia recognized they and Singapore had fundamental issues that can never be resolved and did the right thing by pulling the plug on an unworkable union. Today Singapore and Malaysia are better for it.
If not for parasitism and greedy interests, no sane person will be promoting Nigerian unity, as with the Malaysian federation, Nigerian unity can never work.

If Nigeria is a viable union, Ndiigbo will be the one crying for inclusion like Singapore was begging for inclusion in the Malay federation, it wouldn't be Nigeria forcing a demonic union on us.

A people fundamentally different from each other have no reason co existing in the same Union.

Which fundamental issue did Singapore have that made Malaysia kick them out That was pure wickedness, simple and short.
U.K. is doing fine right grin grin grin
I laugh. If they are doing fine, why are they begging for the market, and everytime Merkel tells them no market, their currency and investor confidence go negative?

And Comparing Morocco exit from OAU to Brexit is laughable, because OAU was never an economic bloc, the way the EU is, and that is why Britain is really screwed right now.

If they don't get EEA status like Switzerland, then they are finished.

Speaking of SwitZerland, it's funny how a heterogeneous country like that is one of the most developed in Europe,
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2017

“Before the civil war started, the Yorubas said if Igbos are allowed to go, they too will go on the secession declaration.
“It was Chief Awolowo who said it openly and publicly; it was published in newspapers. He was the one that was sent by Gowon to talk to Odumegwu Ojukwu in the eve of the secession declaration not to secede.

“The place Igbos left were occupied by Yoruba, particularly the civil service. “Till today the Yoruba are the dominant elements in the bureaucracy of Nigeria. The Igbos lost that position almost forever. At that time the Igbos were in business; they were the leading elements in business. Now the Igbos are back again. Today they are the leading people in business. They have come back and have taken over trades and manufacturing industry- Yakassai

Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by raumdeuter: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2017
If Ibos are ALLOWED to go, they too will go on seccesion

Read that and let us know what you think is being communicated
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by vicenzo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
Ugosample:

Which fundamental issue did Singapore have that made Malaysia kick them out That was pure wickedness, simple and short.
U.K. is doing fine right grin grin grin
I laugh. If they are doing fine, why are they begging for the market, and everytime Merkel tells them no market, their currency and investor confidence go negative?

And Comparing Morocco exit from OAU to Brexit is laughable, because OAU was never an economic bloc, the way the EU is, and that is why Britain is really screwed right now.

If they don't get EEA status like Switzerland, then they are finished.

Speaking of SwitZerland, it's funny how a heterogeneous country like that is one of the most developed in Europe,

A people don't need to speak same language to be united in a progressive union.
All they need is a reconcilable cultural, political,religious traditional and behavioural ideologies.

Even Igboland has ethnic minorities like Igala and Kele.
And the defunct Eastern region was peaceful and progressive despite myriads of ethnic groups that constituted it, there was never mass massacre or uncontrolled political unrest in the region. That's what unity of purpose and Ideological uniformity confers to a nation.
This is why Switzerland is peaceful and prosperous.

Ndiigbo political, religious, traditional and cultural ideologies are directly parallel with those of Arewa-Oduanistans, we can't meet them at any point. There is simply no basis for our unity with them, this is why the country is a failed country.

OAU was supposed to evolve into an economic block.
I get your point though, on economic level, we can't compare OAU with EU, but on sovereignty angle, we can agree that EU just like OAU ( now AU) is an international regional body, and not a national body. And in that sense, the Morocco- OAU example was apt.

On Singapore, Malay prime minister, Tunkun, Abdul Rahman was wise enough to recognize that the ideological differences between Malaysia and Singapore were irreconcilable and can only lead to more Blood shed if the union continued.
This is how progressive humans reason. Only parasitic humans force and sustain false unity on the altar of blood of irreconcilable constituents.
Re: Nigerian Federal Warplanes Bomb Residential Streets In Breakaway Biafra by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 11, 2017
smilingface:

You didn't see the date of post before resigning to insult.

Shows how intelligent you are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

They Now Mandate All Okada Riders To Wear Tinubu Campaign Caps In Lagos (photo) / Reasons Why I Can't Support Biafra As A Nigerian / Opening-up Eastern Ports To Decongest Lagos Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.