Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,454 members, 7,881,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver (15307 Views)

How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable / PDP Officials Grant Aspirants Waivers To Run In Adamawa Primary Election / Suspects Of 6.5m Oil Barrels Theft Name Top NNPC, PDP Officials As Sponsors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by ShehuAba(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
The governorship dreams of a former
chairman of the Economic and Financial
Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nuhu Ribadu,
appears to have hit a bump as the Peoples
Democratic Party is demanding more information
from him before deciding whether to grant him
and two other aspirants waivers to take part in
primaries scheduled for September 6 to pick the
party’s candidate for the Adamawa State
governorship election.

After two contentious meetings over the last two
days, national officials the PDP were unable to
decide whether to grant waivers to Mr. Ribadu,
Brigadier General Buba Marwa (ret.), and Marcus
Gundiri to participate in the primary process. All
three governorship aspirants had requested the
waivers to enable them to vie in the primaries
after they recently defected from the All
Progressives Congress (APC) to the PDP.
But after two marathon meetings that took place
at the national headquarters of the party in
Abuja and the Presidential Villa, the members of
the National Working Committee of the party
were unable to agree on whether or not to grant
the waivers.
Owing to the serious disagreements among the
NWC members, the screening of the aspirants,
which scheduled to take place in Abuja on
Thursday, has been moved to Saturday, August
The PDP’s NWC set up a subcommittee that
includes the party’s national legal adviser,
national publicity secretary and national financial
secretary to demand more documentation from
the PDP’s vice chairman for the northeast zone.
The subcommittee was mandated to request
more information from Mr. Ribadu and other
recent defectors to demonstrate that they truly
qualify for waivers.
A source from the NWC told SaharaReporters
that the party must proceed cautiously on the
issue of extending waivers to the defectors in
order not to leave longtime and loyal members
of the party disaffected.
Last week, Mr. Ribadu created a media splash
when he announced his resignation from APC
and defection to the PDP as well as his desire to
seek his new party's nomination as the
governorship candidate.
Meanwhile, the PDP has yet to release the
names of members of its screening panel for the
Adamawa governorship.
The party’s national organizing secretary,
Abubakar Mustapha, defended the party's
position, telling reporters in Abuja that the
screening would now take place on Saturday
while the names of the screening panel members
will be released on Friday.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/27/pdp-officials-ask-ribadu-provide-further-evidence-earn-waiver
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Proof of citizenship or what?
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
nigerians shud boycott this forthcoming elections and lets start a revolution, these guys are takin us for a ride, but who wan die

12 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Rapsainot(m): 2:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Naija politicians, I HOPE

4 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Bazinga(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ribadu is a mole for the APC. dont welcome him and dont trust him. a word is enough for the wise undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by koboko69: 2:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ribadu was warned about the Killer Party. They dont intend to kill him with thier snipers or thier sponsored terrorists organization; they simply intend to kill is political career cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by UnknownT: 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
Their turn to pay him back after he "terrorised" most of them when he was EFCC boss

6 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by BabaAlaji(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
May Allah select the good one for them.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by solid3(m): 2:05pm On Aug 28, 2014
How does this affect the price of garri in the market. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Raypawer(m): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
ntooooo!!! angry angry angry angry

wobbling between pdp and apc, how can pdp trust ur ambitions now?
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Lobolintin(m): 2:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Buba Marwa is the man.. Former military Gov of Lagos

2 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by curiouses: 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ribadu will regret his move to PDP. It's a matter of time.

8 Likes

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by vicoloni(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
If Ribadu fails to obtain the waiver his situation will be made worse by the mockery from APC goons. I pity the idiot.
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Niwdog(m): 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
Who knows if he is not a spy sent frm Apc.well he is a gud man

1 Like

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by jerryjere(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
panachuku: nigerians shud boycott this forthcoming elections and lets start a revolution, these guys are takin us for a ride, but who wan die
are u from adamawa
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by jahbiz: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
I
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Jabioro: 2:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
He soon hit d final rock..
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by deletrue: 2:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
PDP, please, be very careful. Investigate if he is actually not a trick star? Remember four governors left PDP for the sole aim of finishing Jona, but for God, Jona is still standing. These hausas, especially north east can open thier eyes and burry you alive. Be very careful. But I think I should trust this man even though he related to Boko haram.

1 Like

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by RichDad1(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Same old turn coats.

1 Like

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by jerryjere(m): 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
solid3: How does this affect the price of garri in the market. cheesy
abi ooo help me tell dem
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by omoredia: 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
get now!

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by deeptechcool(m): 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ribadu is a new Charles Soludo in the making

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by nellycobs: 2:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Wait until he becomes the party's presidential candidate in 2019

koboko69: Ribadu was warned about the Killer Party. They dont intend to kill him with thier snipers or thier sponsored terrorists organization; they simply intend to kill is political career cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Aromas: 2:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
[b]I'm not dazed by Ribadu's defection to PDP and I'm surprised that he's on his way to meet with the same people he sent to jail or once indicted like Bode George,Fani Kayode, Fayose, Igbinedon, Borisade, and Alao Akala. That's politics for you. He too was betrayed by Tinubu and other Defunct ACN bigwigs during 2011 Presidential election. Even lost in Lagos State where ordinarily he was expected to win. In politics, there's no permanent friend nor foe but permanent interest. Nigerian Youth should wise up and stop insulting one another on social media. Our disunity is what is giving politicians upper hand over us. When Jonathan wants to give out government contract, he gives it out to the ex militants at the detriment of the people of Niger-
Delta. When Northern Governors want to give out
government contract, they give it out to few political
elite at the expense of the vastly populated Almajiris. PDP and APC are conglomeration of oppressors, exploiters and subjugators. Let's stop discussing about politicians and focus on developmental issues that will benefit the East, West, North and South. God bless
Nigeria! Mind you, I stand to be corrected![/b]

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
The only proof they should demand from him is his declaration of Assets.

1 Like

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by pelvicky(m): 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
deletrue: PDP, please, be very careful. Investigate if he is actually not a trick star? Remember four governors left PDP for the sole aim of finishing Jona, but for God, Jona is still standing. These hausas, especially north east can open thier eyes and burry you alive. Be very careful. But I think I should trust this man even though he related to Boko haram.
we are on the way joor...we think the same way.
I don't put all my trust in this ribadu...APC knws dat Gej is unbeatable....they might want 2 use ribadu as a spy.but no mata how GEJ MUST STAND..its destiny

from a child of no shoe to the president of d giant of Africa,,,we love you bro

1 Like

Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
jahbiz: I think this man said something like unless satan converts to muslim, he won't change to PDP. Satan must have become a .......... now or what?
This is not el rufai olodo
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by lilprinze: 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
lol PDP finding it difficult to trust Ribadu. Is like Ribadu have forgotten how he "terrorised" most of PDP members when he was EFCC's boss he is reaping what he sowed grin. I pity Ribadu if he is not allowed to earn Waiver, APC would make fun and ridicule him to the extent he won't want to have anything to do with politics again.
Re: PDP Officials To Ribadu-provide More Evidences To Earn Waiver by ugoezeik(m): 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
jahbiz: I think this man said something like unless satan converts to muslim, he won't change to PDP. Satan must have become a .......... now or what?
mumu, na elrufai tokam no be ribadu. Tomorrow now U go dey claim current affair

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Run For Ekiti Governorship In 2018 – Segun Oni / RUGA suspension: Be vigilant, FG is still doing underground plans, CAN warns / Why Nigerians Have Tortoise Mentality- Luke Onyekakeyah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.