Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,281 members, 7,916,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 12:20 PM

BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. (1743 Views)

Breaking News: Enugu Deputy Governor Slumps At Impeachment Panel / Chime: Resign Or Face 'hell', Enugu Deputy Gov Faces Impeachment / New Enugu Police-Car Got Smashed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
Enugu State House of Assembly, on Thursday, confirmed the nomination of Rev. Ifeanyi Raphael Nwoye as the new Deputy Governor of the state.

He is from Ishiogbo Nara in Nkanu East local government, the community of the impeached Deputy Governor, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi.

Nwoye, a former Commissioner for Environment under the Chimaroke Nnamani administration is a Pastor of the Christ Ascension Church and son of the church’s founder.

Governor Sullivan Chime forwarded his name to the House yesterday and he was screened and confirmed by the lawmakers at their sitting Thursday morning.

The new Deputy Governor once served as Caretaker Committee Chairman for Nkanu East local government area for a period of three months in 2007.

He is likely to be sworn in later today, Thursday.

Meanwhile, eight vehicles belonging to the impeached Deputy Governor of Enugu State, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, have been withdrawn by security operatives from the Government House, Enugu today.

The security operatives numbering over 20 led by the Chief Security Officer , CSO, to Governor Sullivan Chime, Mr. Fidelis Ogaraba stormed the GRA resident of Onyebuchi at about 2pm, according to one of the aides of the former Deputy Governor, Onyeka Nnaji, and demanded the keys to the vehicles.

He said that there was no resistance as Mr. Onyebuchi who was not available at home at the time was contacted about the development on phone and he reportedly asked his aides to allow the security men access to the vehicles.

A total of eight vehicles, including five used as his official convoy, two 406 cars he got from the Chimaroke Nnamani administration and a Nissan Car belonging to his wife were taken away by the security men, who claimed to be acting on the orders of the governor.

Similarly, Onyebuchi’s security was withdrawn few hours after the State House of Assembly impeached him on Wednesday.

He could not be reached for his comment on the development.

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/28/breaking-ifeanyi-nwoye-emerges-new-enugu-deputy-governor-onyebuchis-security-aides-withdrawn/
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by eunisam: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
congrate!!!! be carefull
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Chicken impeachment.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by Solupeace: 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
Shameful!!!
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PrinceAkbabio(m): 1:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Naija politics takin a new dimension evryday
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by Longeria(m): 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
I'm shocked that APC is not blaming the presidency for the impeachment.
Mumu party.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by miteolu(m): 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Is not my biz
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by estyvino(m): 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 1:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
miteolu: Is not my biz
How, are you not a Nigerian?
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by emperorchedda(m): 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is just a simple power tussle which is not new to the inner caucus of enugu state govt. Onyebuchi challenged a woman who's at a higher and more influential place than he is now he got served immediately.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
emperorchedda: This is just a simple power tussle which is not new to the inner caucus of enugu state govt. Onyebuchi challenged a woman who's at a higher and more influential place than he is now he got served immediately.
Please tell us more. Because I don't believe a deputy governor can be impeached just because of fowls.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by tandj: 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by Lilimax(f): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good for him.
Well, how long is he gonna stay in the office before the next election undecided.
(Just my thought)

However Reverend, ensure you make your mark so that your name will be written
in the annals of record among good people in Enugu state.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 3:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
tandj: I thought as much.

This sullivan, u r biting more than u can chew. It will def hook u on d throat very soon.

U didn't see anything to accuse this man of except rearing chicken?
And d useless house followed suit?

Talk of autocracy.
I wonder what will happen to us if ur type is made d president?

He just lost my trust and vote.
It's all about 2015.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by emperorchedda(m): 3:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Please tell us more. Because I don't believe a deputy governor can be impeached just because of fowls.
Onyebuchi had the intention to contest for Senate in the next election meanwhile the Chief of Staff of Enugu, Ifeoma Nwobodo already has that ambition, she is just as strong as Sullivan in the state so she had no problem ejecting Onyebuchi from the seat since he wants to compete with her. Like I said, power pass power
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by bvibesblogger: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
I'm looking to hire a general news blogger.

He/She must be able to use Wordpress, churn out at least 15 posts daily.

You interested?

bankole@today.ng | bjamgbadi@gmail.com
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by Lucario007(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Interesting Development. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by kobikwelu(m): 4:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote]I'm looking to hire a general news blogger.

He/She must be able to use Wordpress, churn out at least 15 posts daily.

You interested?

Just look at your self...15 posts daily......
even though na printer
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 4:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
emperorchedda: Onyebuchi had the intention to contest for Senate in the next election meanwhile the Chief of Staff of Enugu, Ifeoma Nwobodo already has that ambition, she is just as strong as Sullivan in the state so she had no problem ejecting Onyebuchi from the seat since he wants to compete with her. Like I said, power pass power
Thank you for this information.
Enough of this chicken this chicken that.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by miteolu(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
PhockPhockMan: How, are you not a Nigerian?

I have no interest in politics because it a scam.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
emperorchedda: Onyebuchi had the intention to contest for Senate in the next election meanwhile the Chief of Staff of Enugu, Ifeoma Nwobodo already has that ambition, she is just as strong as Sullivan in the state so she had no problem ejecting Onyebuchi from the seat since he wants to compete with her. Like I said, power pass power
The so called ifeoma nwobodo n sullivan chime are almighty abi? They are scared of Ikeoha Ndi Igbo Barr Ike Ekweremadu, the so called Chime is challenging n wanna retire Ikeoha from politics? Ok nah let's see how it goes, the people of greater Agwu will resist him with their last blood.
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by puffpuff: 6:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
All hail emperor Sullivan chime
Re: BREAKING: Ifeanyi Nwoye Emerges New Enugu Deputy Governor. by PhockPhockMan: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
puffpuff: All hail emperor Sullivan chime
Hmmm.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can This Ever Be A Reality In The Nigerian Military Strength? / Sabotage: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze,pave Way For B'Haram / Memorable Headlines From Ayo Fayose, Ekiti Governor Inaugural Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.