Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,607 members, 7,892,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 12:44 PM

6 Common Password-hacking Techniques And Countermeasures To Protect Yourself - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 6 Common Password-hacking Techniques And Countermeasures To Protect Yourself (1178 Views)

6 Most Popular Methods For Cracking Passwords And Their Countermeasures / Password Hacking And You! — Secure Password Guidelines / How to Recover My Lost RediffMail.com Password (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Common Password-hacking Techniques And Countermeasures To Protect Yourself by randieboy: 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
There are number of methods out their used by hackers to hack your account or get your personal information. Today in this post i will share with you guys 6 Most commonly used method to crack password and their countermeasures. You must check out this article to be safe and to prevent your online accounts from hacking.

1. BruteForce Attack

Any password can be cracked using Brute-force attack. Brute-force attacks try every possible combinations of numbers, letters and special characters until the right password is match. Brute-force attacks can take very long time depending upon the complexity of the password. The cracking time is determined by the speed of computer and complexity of the password.

How to Protect yourself from Brute-Force attack

Use long and complex passwords. Try to use combination of upper and lowercase letters along with numbers. Brute-force attack will take hundreds or even thousands of years to crack such complex and long passwords.
Example: Passwords like "iloveu" or "password" can be cracked easily whereas computer will take years to crack passwords like "aN34lL00"

2. Social Engineering

Social engineering is process of manipulating someone to trust you and get information from them. For example, if the hacker was trying to get the password of a co-workers or friends computer, he could call him pretending to be from the IT department and simply ask for his login details. Sometime hackers call the victim pretending to be from bank and ask for their credit cards details. Social Engineering can be used to get someone password, to get bank credentials or any personal information.

How to Protect yourself from Social Engineering attack

If someone tries to get your personal or bank details ask them few questions. Make sure the person calling you is legit. Never ever give your credit card details on phone.

3. Rats And Keyloggers

In keylogging or RATing the hacker sends keylogger or rat to the victim. This allows hacker to monitor every thing victim do on his computer. Every keystroke is logged including passwords. Moreever hacker can even control the victims computer.

How to Protect yourself from Rats and Keyloggers

Never login to your bank account from cyber cafe or someone else computer. If its important use on-screen or virtual keyboard while tying the login. Use latest anti-virus software and keep them updated. Check out below article to know more about Rats and Keyloggers.

4. Phishing

Phishing is the most easiest and popular hacking method used by hackers to get someone account details. In Phishing attack hacker send fake page of real website like facebook, gmail to victim. When someone login through that fake page his details is send to the hacker. This fake pages can be easily created and hosted on free web-hosting sites.

Read more: http://www.randietech.com/2014/08/6-common-password-hacking-techniques.html
Re: 6 Common Password-hacking Techniques And Countermeasures To Protect Yourself by dejavu1011: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2014
please contact me on 08131008909 for NjRat trojan full configuration and recrypting method.I am a programmer so i rewrite and rebuild the server myself.
My file can stay FUD for 3 months if you dont scan it on bullshit websites.I will open a port for you with a new method and get you a DNS that will overlook your operations.
And i am way too affordable
Call me.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Hp 6730b Laptop For Sale / Meet The Next Bill Gates of the Future / I Need To Install Windows On My Macbook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.