Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,536 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police (17964 Views)

Rejoinder: My Bitter Experience As A Doctor Today - Political Failure? / My Experience With Lagos State Govts. Flood Helpline / Building Collapses In Lagos Police Barracks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Fourwinds: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Nigeria Police FORCE
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by caesaraba(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
ichidodo: Why should one be angry at another man's opinion?? O boy,na you get your mind...live free or continue doubting yourself..

True talk o'jare! Lots of Nairalanders sometimes think people owe them some kind of ...(I don't even know what to call it sef).

4 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by ichidodo: 8:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
caesaraba:

True talk o'jare! Lots of Nairalanders sometimes think people owe them some kind of ...(I don't even know what to call it sef).
Some people live very dull lives,you know.So we understand where the dude is coming from....Empathize and move on.

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by olabobo30(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
Don't judge anybody so that you'll not be judge embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by nanospy007: 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
Well, the worst part of all your story is that it will happen again to you, someone else or it has happened again to someone else! You Nigerians in Nigeria are very funny, praying about basic problems which you can easily solve, thinking that prayer is what you need to put in place a working system of governance, blaming God and the British, or anyone else but yourselves! Rather than for Nigeria to bring the police closer to the people and their leaders, they are too lazy to dream, dare or take hard decisions so they entrust it all to the retarclueless president in Abuja and an IG who doesn't give a damn even if everyone is arrested every minute to pay 80,000 roja! In a developed country, problems and abuses like these must be fixed immediately, not that it will remove what already happened but that it will prevent future abuses from happening! Anyway, GEJ till sufferhead bald all of una finish!

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by komek(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
@ OP, pls nxt time don't beg a Nigerian Police Officer. Cos as soon as u do, he starts seeing ur weak point and wud always capitalise on that to hit u. They are illiterate psychologists. That's the only thing they learn at the Police college. Another truth, don't follow them to their station, settle with them right there. No matter how we make it look, they are friendlier than those pple they call VIO. Just know ur way,

3 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by eduxerxes: 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
tdayof: do we have any police officer on NL? if yes, start telling us the meaning of this .
We have ooooo!!! But the tin is that they removed dia uniform and gave it to me to keep for them b4 they came into Nairaland, So dat una no go identify them. As I dey write so, I hol' dia uniform for hand...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by igbsam(m): 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
emymeeky:

Bros. I need your contact grin

Lol.......my brother. Na quick thinking o!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by igbsam(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
duni04:
Lmao! Its good to be sharp grin

I dey tell you
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by MARKone(m): 9:32pm On Aug 28, 2014
candy: This is really sad. Corruption has eaten deep into the hearts and souls of public office holders in naija, no single parastatal is left out. It's not just a police thingy; the society shaped them in this form.
If we successfully vote out GEJ come 2015, we will most likely vote in an even more corrupt person. We are inherently a corrupt specie. We need a purge!

Police are the WORST, and that is why, you get nothing good out of them, nothing! they are cursed, useless, hopeless, dirty, drunks, vile creatures of the earth and extremely wicked, go to their barracks and see how they live. They intimidate you at gunpoint(armed robbery) steal from you, and they think they will enjoy another man's sweat, without repercussions, while another family, gnashes their teeth in sorrows, tears and blood. They spirits of those they've killed because of #20 and #50, APO SIX et all will always continue to hunt them. That Boko haram is the monster they are today is because of NPF. Nonsense!!

GEJ is not the problem of NPF, they have been so corrupt before he came to power, and they will remain so when he leaves.

7 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
ichidodo: Some people live very dull lives,you know.So we understand where the dude is coming from....Empathize and move on.

Check my profile n find out if I live a dull life; am catching fun everyday n night, so get it right; am outta here
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
You bleeped up by begging them, Don't beg those touts in police uniform

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by cycline404(m): 9:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
@debie I am happy for you o, my friend once almost fell into there nest.
Thank God for some Oga @d top
I shake head for my country Nigeria, they still have a very long way to go....
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by oderemo(m): 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
Gave my driver one very old tely, as he was ferrying it to his abode around dawaki(abj)he was arrested For theft/robbery. Anyway got a call from the station to come Bail him, got to the station and d.p.o requested 10k for bail and the release of telly.
Driver was released to me on the promise of me going to the a.t.m.
Never went back cos I brought telly from u.k and only one channel showing. Not worth 10k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by pheesayor(m): 9:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
kindly reply my mail
3cycle:
Whatsapp?
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by meforyou1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2014
Op, I blame you for falling weak in the face of police, people whose salaries are paid with the tax you pay.
I have had an encounter with policemen in that national stadium roundabout. Also had another with fashola police and their black maria at ojota. And in both cases, I was going to the airport to fly back to abuja. Both times, i dug it out with them and still met my flight. And didnt bribe them a kobo. I'm ready to miss the flight and go to court rather than paying police a kobo.
Is it with all this fear fear that the revolution will occur?

8 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by meforyou1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
komek: @ OP, pls nxt time don't beg a Nigerian Police Officer. Cos as soon as u do, he starts seeing ur weak point and wud always capitalise on that to hit u. They are illiterate psychologists. That's the only thing they learn at the Police college. Another truth, don't follow them to their station, settle with them right there. No matter how we make it look, they are friendlier than those pple they call VIO. Just know ur way,
that's how one halla me one night in abuja last week, that I used speed to come to police check point, I replied I didn't know there was a check point there. He said didn't I see it as I was speeding from the express, I said no. I wasn't speeding from the express, was coming out this junction (pointing it to him). He then said, oga do me weekend. And I gave him N200 and left.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by komek(m): 10:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
meforyou1: that's how one halla me one night in abuja last week, that I used speed to come to police check point, I replied I didn't know there was a check point there. He said didn't I see it as I was speeding from the express, I said no. I wasn't speeding from the express, was coming out this junction (pointing it to him). He then said, oga do me weekend. And I gave him N200 and left.

simple. And that's a Nigerian Police officer for u, u go ur way he goes his way.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by scofieltm(m): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ifyngene: na him make dere live node finish wel
Their life dey always end like used tissue paper
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
desgiezd: Please, anytime you are driving in Lagos, always ensure your doors are locked and your windows are about three-quarters wound up in case you are not using the air conditioner. Driving in Lagos has become such a nightmare. Imagine the guy asking for #80k for no offence committed. It seems the Nigeria Police guys always do a budget of amounts realisable on a daily basis before sending officers out on outside duties. Mtcheeewww!
Same happened to me the last time i was in lagos at omole junction. Three young police women just jumped in front of my vehicle when i was about to move. They said I did not obey the traffic light when i had not even crossed the stop line. I just put my gear on Neutral and didn't move, before i knew what was happening, they were already 7 shouting at me to open the door locks or wind down. I did not even answer them, i just continued obstructing traffic. After about 10minutes, they realised that i wasn't going to obey their orders, they just started swearing and told me to move my car and go.
A car with auto locks and air-conditioning is a must in lagos.

8 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by cococandy(f): 10:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Very shameful and heartbreaking

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by seguno2: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
debbie:

I wonder how many innocent citizens have fallen prey to the hands of these wicked and corrupt men who should be doing the right thing...NOT TO TALK OF THOSE LADIES WHO ARE STATIONED THERE TO CATCH VICTIMS AND DRAIN THEM OF THEIR MONEY.
I ask,what is the government doing? has it really gotten this bad? who are we to blame? even in the heart of the town such things happen and no one is speaking against it?

FINALLY,NIGERIA HAS A LONG WAY TO GO,BUT OUR POLICE FORCE IS A TOTAL DISGRACE .

I think that each time we have this type of encounter with our corrupt policemen and other government workers with any authority, it may be an opportunity to really reflect and ask ourselves if we are innocent as we like to imagine.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by scofieltm(m): 11:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
eduxerxes: We have ooooo!!! But the tin is that they removed dia uniform and gave it to me to keep for them b4 they came into Nairaland, So dat una no go identify them. As I dey write so, I hol' dia uniform for hand...
The issue is that they re plenty here on NL, but not also proud of their work. Useless mofos
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by scofieltm(m): 11:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
eduxerxes: We have ooooo!!! But the tin is that they removed dia uniform and gave it to me to keep for them b4 they came into Nairaland, So dat una no go identify them. As I dey write so, I hol' dia uniform for hand...
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by cococandy(f): 11:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mbediogu. My favorite bed tiime stories from my infant days.
We would sit around grandma and lap up the juicy stories hungrily like a pack of thirsty wolves.
And when we go,we would be so looking forward to the next holiday season so we can go back for more stories smiley smiley

Your moniker just brought smiles to my face.
Thank you so much kiss
Mbediogu: I dont insult people ok? I am not a politician. I was not there, I didn't need to be but my Nigerian compatriots were there who could have done the job better. When I said 'we' , what I meant was fellow Nigerians who believe in representative democracy. May God bless you for insulting someone who did not insult you.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Bigwig1: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ve experienced it too at Mary land d green light was stil on d police said it's showing red already. I was helpless wen I discovered he was drunk nd carrying a gun. I couldn't argue with him. Dey collected d last 2k on me. For an offence I didn't commit oo.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by tit(f): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
Ha ha ha ha ha
lwkmd
I sorry oo, my people
Na so life be.
make una give olopa small thing now.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by binie: 11:58pm On Aug 28, 2014
Gbade60: Next time, make use of ur mobile fone, y didn't u video or snap dem, so we cn expose dem? Btw, are you telling d whole truth? Cus I knw sum silly ppl dnt use to obey d traffic light!!

whatever the case may be if you jump the traffic light it is not the duty of the police to ask for ransom.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by iluvtotodie(m): 12:16am On Aug 29, 2014
igbsam: I once almost fell victim of this act of theirs. But guess what I did. There is a barrack within the vicinity. Immediately they opened my car door and jumped into it. I central locked it and then told them that they have made the biggest mistake of their life. I then told them i'm a soldier and right away, i am going to the barrack where they would be taught a lesson they will never forget. Fortunately, I have some colleagues of mine as military personal in that barrack. I called them up and told them i am coming with some criminals to the barrack. My brothers, come see as those women dey beg me. Officer, please....we are sorry, we are very sorry. I drove them a little after the barrack, up to ifesinachi park before i warned them never in their life to try that nonsense with me and then opened the door and let them out. Come see as dem run like criminals.

Bros, walahi, i gbadun this your method. You just gave me an idea.....Na me dey go find trouble now!
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by binie: 12:30am On Aug 29, 2014
I no like POLICE make them sef no like me. But catch me if you can.
Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by Thegents6: 12:40am On Aug 29, 2014
igbsam: I once almost fell victim of this act of theirs. But guess what I did. There is a barrack within the vicinity. Immediately they opened my car door and jumped into it. I central locked it and then told them that they have made the biggest mistake of their life. I then told them i'm a soldier and right away, i am going to the barrack where they would be taught a lesson they will never forget. Fortunately, I have some colleagues of mine as military personal in that barrack. I called them up and told them i am coming with some criminals to the barrack. My brothers, come see as those women dey beg me. Officer, please....we are sorry, we are very sorry. I drove them a little after the barrack, up to ifesinachi park before i warned them never in their life to try that nonsense with me and then opened the door and let them out. Come see as dem run like criminals.
catastrophically inlove with this.. Why them pick race kwanu? They for stay if say na their papa born them! See them running like landlord pikin! Mstcheeeeew nonsense set of people! That was how they almost stabbed my friend to death at owerri-Onitcha road.. They saw some money with the guy(upto 400k he was going to use to pay some workers on a sat),they took it,beat my friend to stupor,stabbed him,collected his car key and wanted to do away with the car and the money but the car refused to start so the ran away with the money.. Bastards sons and daughters of a million fathers!!! Fools

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Experience With Lagos Police by SailorXY: 1:21am On Aug 29, 2014
got stopped by an i-diot one day for driving a car with foreign number around Abraham Adesanya axis of Ajah, even tho the number clearly had the nigerian flag on it grin grin grin. this mofo on uniform didnt know a government-issued dealer number shocked shocked shocked. he jumped in as usual & i floored the gas before his colleagues could arrive while engaging the central lock. he was attempting to struggle with me by snatching the wheels. i simply told him that i have been into money rituals for 5 years & that particular day was when my time will expire on earth as was agreed during initiation cheesy cheesy cheesy. the mofo just remain calm and starting pleading politely & also sweating profusely grin grin grin
i finally dropped him after driving for more than 30 minutes towards Epe cool cool cool
piece of animal shyte

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Observes The Eid Prayers / Oshiomhole & Obaseki Campaign For Johnny Ogumah, APC House Of Reps Candidate / IPOB Angry With Nigerians For Keeping Quiet Over Kanu’s Disappearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.