Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:38 AM

Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. (30051 Views)

Students Sitting On The Floor At Tafawa-Balewa University For Lectures (Photo) / Varsity Admission Crisis A Time Bomb – Iornem / Once Upon A Time JAMB: Share Your Past Experiences With JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
otijah: according to the above post "However, eight out of the 36 states in Nigeria recorded a score less than 10%. These states include Adamawa, Jigawa, Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi. Others are Gombe, Bauchi and Yobe". what is wrong with the educational sector in the north?

funny enough they are the ones in the helms of affair in this country...... and u wonder why we are backwards?/

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by aholiab(m): 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
joshadesanya: grin

SPACE BOOKED......

AS A REAL ESTATE MOGUL grin grin grin

@joshadesanya or whatever you are called. You are very steeewpeeed for that. make meaningful contribution and stop the rehearsed idiocy which has become your trademark on NL.

God help this generation and the generation next. We need to address this declining educational standard ASAP. Else there would be a generation that cant even spell their names.

Enough of government this government that. The media is painting a mirage to young minds that education is irrelevant. But these young chaps fail to remember that chances of breaking even without an education is way slimmer. knowledge gives the edge. READ! READ! READ! . .. ...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
I swear to God I tot it was d waec results that are on a time bomb
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Richardjemedafe(m): 2:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hmmmm.................

What is Nigeria turning intoAnd some morons and lunatic will will come here with their death and curupt heart to say that nigeria still have a hope.................

Vote for G.Buhari 2015 for worndrs
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by ebosed: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
Waec should classify results by private and public school before l comment
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Okudiover(m): 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
[quote author=Alexebo][/quote]
grin grin grin grin If you think you are a care taker.....

grin

grin

Then na him be say you still dey learn because......m

Na me be real estate developer. So no trespass okay?

grin grin grin grin

Thank.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
joshadesanya: ALWAYS BOOKING...

Sigh....another little one....

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by neighbourhud: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
lilprinze: the percentage of those who pass keeps reducing every year with the rate at which it is declining next year's result may be worse. I think this is the major cause of the mass failure
β€œThe level of
unseriousness (sic) of students is on
the high increase, because the
introduction of modern technology
has taken their time. Due to low
remuneration of teachers, they
combine business with teaching,
which also affects the output.”

What do we expect?!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2014
neighbourhud:

What do we expect?!

Indeed!.....it makes sense to enter for the cowbell quiz competition (sarcasm intended).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
Yomieluv: The teacher will do their best,is now left for students to augment the teacher's effort,but what do you have- bunch of unserious students,who takes pleasure in owning latest gadgets to chat away the precious time.

Students who are after "assistance" in the exam hall,and believe that they can easily buy their ways in life through same teachers that ought to be custodian of morals.

The sudden craze for "get rich quick" isn't also helping matters,why should they be bothered about education,when they can easily make it in life either being a yahoo boy,runs girls,gamblers-nairabet etc.

The serious ones,what do they get,frustration,when admission to higher institution is based on highest bidders.

Till we get it right,expect more massive failure.
Yomoooooo
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Truckpusher(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
I have said it before and I'll say it again . The ruling class of this country do not want Nigerians to be properly educated, to enable the ruling class do whatever they like without being accountable to anybody.

It would cost them so much of their ill gotten wealth if an educated and enlightened population is borne and their accountability would increase and their powers would diminish and this is their greatest fear of all time.

However ,Nigerians should counter them by ensuring that their kids are properly educated and this can only be achieved when people begin to understand that making fewer children would be easier to train in private schools since the public schools run by the Govt. has failed to do that which is normal.

Once again ,we are far from being liberated and until each one of us can look back and say ''God forbid that my child should go through my ordeal'' to have a life, just then and until then can we overcome these criminal and greedy ruling class I have never read or heard about in my life. Maybe we can just move forward.

Nigeria is scam and the ruling class are coming from all the different regions of Nigeria to scam their own people. cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
Some Goat dey here dey claim Omo onile
Thunder fire all of una
we dey talk about something serious una cum dey talk shit
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Richardjemedafe: Hmmmm.................

What is Nigeria turning intoAnd some morons and lunatic will will come here with their death and curupt heart to say that nigeria still have a hope.................

Vote for G.Buhari 2015 for worndrs
Guy u no well ooo
Wat dose Buhari has to offer Dan Bokoharam insurgents
So shut the F U C K up
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Let's start first with the school, there are many buildings that are not supposed to be called schools, elementary education matters a lot in a child's life, Come to Ogijo, Ogun state, you see wooden houses with secondary school graduates who did not get admission early teaching, No proper facility to teach, some of these taechers are paid 5000 naira, Can a professional teacher collect 5000 as salary? These students then procede from here to secondary school, due to how the elementary school brought them up, they end up not being serious in secondary school, Besides some secondary schools are worst, I just don't want to start mentioning names. Technology should not be used to judge the case, countries that are more advanced in technology still produce good students.

For this matter to be curbed, the federal government should have at least 3 federal government secondary schools in each state.
Not every state should be allowed to build state owned schools because some that have the capacity, they just end up producing half baked students.

Waec should secure their questions, let them look for a more secured way to hide these questions from teachers and school authorities who later go out to solve it for there students.

Students should also be encouraged to use the web for research, assignments and many other things. The best students should be given scholarships and other incentives, when other students see things like this announced publicly, they might re-concider be more serious or aim high.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by JerryJJZ(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
While will Edo not be amongst the top states When all they do is copy and paste everywhere, I trust my Osun people, they all deserve credit because each student either failed or pass can eventually defend their results. Osun is among the leading States in the country regardless what WAEC has to say. Afterall, we are among the best knowledgeable states.... support or object?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2014
Do you now believe that Nigeria is in serious trouble cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Eberex(m): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
What do you expect when:
Students now go with the latest phones and iPhones
Students are now into yahoo yahoo
The females are into making themselves attractive to the guys
All the programs we have on air are all talking about REALITY shows, no academics excellence.
All they know now is go to Google and search for answers rather than going to the library and doing research.

What do you expect? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
JerryJJZ: While will Edo not be amongst the top states When all they do is copy and paste everywhere, I trust my Osun people, they all deserve credit because each student either failed or pass can eventually defend their results. Osun is among the leading States in the country regardless what WAEC has to say. Afterall, we are among the best knowledgeable states.... support or object?

You are here running your tribaliatic, ignorant mouth instead of weeping for the bog your country is sinking into.

Chai!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by born2boink(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2014
Lack of education doesn't kill but ignorant kills, if it is not boko haram bomb, nothing to be worried about.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by RebelLeader15(m): 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2014
kenbee: tired of hearing that "Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb" make the bomb kukuma blow Jor, E go pass boko bomb?
A classic example of the WAEC mass failure
Make the bomb "KUKUMA" blow

Jesus Christ of Babylon, when will you ever learn to write in simple,clear and concise English.....
What's the meaning of "KUKUMA"

I don't blame you, code mixers
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Tdrumz(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
emusmith: Man. Utd sitting on a Time bomb! The way they're going down enh....they go soon discover oil!

Hu b dis one sef? undecided
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by searay(m): 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
It's simple Students do not read.
One of my students once told me that I should "go and die" afterall exams answers are all over the internet.
Meanwhile I'm quietly waiting for NECO's mathematics.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Wisdytech(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
God will surely help us out! Amen
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Tdrumz(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2014
RebelLeader15: A classic example of the WAEC mass failure
Make the bomb "KUKUMA" blow

Jesus Christ of Babylon, when will you ever learn to write in simple,clear and concise English.....
What's the meaning of "KUKUMA"

I don't blame you, code mixers

Jesus Christ Of Babylon? angry
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by daveman144: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Southeast leading the educational sector since 1979 . No be moi moi
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Truckpusher(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
pDude:

You are here running your tribaliatic, ignorant mouth instead of weeping for the bog your country is sinking into.

Chai!
Sometimes when people criticize our leadership we put up some face and fight them but the truth remains that our leadership are better off dead with one single gun shot to their heads as it seems that those heads are fuccked of.

When you see these kids going to school and the classroom they squeeze themselves to learn you come to that painful conclusion that their future would be bleak and any little mistake from this tender age either by their parents or they themselves and they'd become a sure candidate for a particular group of people in the future.Though not in all cases ,but again how many actually come out from that stranglehold?

It should be a crime that a child wasn't given the necessary tools to survive and contribute to society positively.And this is why , whenever you come across these people that the society has labelled as undesirable elements ,you go closer to them and ask questions after winning their confidence to trust you , they all have a story - a touching one that could have been avoided if only someone somewhere did the right thing.

And the ugly cycle continues..........................I'll rather castrate myself than make kids and watch them suffer from birth and until death.

Our Govt. aren't building educational facilities ,they looting the treasury instead.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by neighbourhud: 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Indeed!.....it makes sense to enter for the cowbell quiz competition (sarcasm intended).
Abi o grin
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by johnbosco97(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
searay: Students do not read.
One of my students told me that il I should "go and die" after all exams answers are all over the internet.
Meanwhile I'm quietly waiting for NECO mathematics.

I am also waiting for the NECO result. Expecting Southeast to lead the way. IBO-I before others.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by ephi123(f): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
There is fire on the mountain and we do not even know it lipsrsealed
Without education, a country cannot develop.
A good example was when Ebola landed in naija, all we could do was shout for help to every other country.
The researchers in the West were not born experts, neither were they born with 2 heads; they educated themselves to that point.
Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nigerian education system is very bad. I expect the government to spend close to 25% of its revenue on education. This has to be in the forms of providing good infrastructure(buildings, transportation, beautification,etc), get qualified teachers from developed countries like England, USA, Canada and Australia. Divert about 5% of that to good feeding program for school children. Provide a good curriculum that would usher in a different system and educate the society why they need to get educated from a working system not a non-standard system that is currently in place. And, make sure there is enough security to look into examination malpractices.

There is urgent need to overhaul the Nigerian education system. It has to be the top priority among many things in the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Sitting On A Time Bomb. by enemmo(f): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
Tazmode: BBA sponsored by Coca-Cola: $300,000 (N48m). MTN Project Fame: N7.5m & SUV. Etisalat Nigerian Idol: N5m & multi-million naira contract. Glo naija sings: N5m & SUV. Gulder ultimate search: N10m plus endorsements & SUV. COWBELL Mathematics competition: N100k. Lagos State Spelling Bee: N50k. School scrabble: N25k. Cool-FM spelling game: A goodie bag filled with Amila drink. And someone is asking why there is so much failure in WASSCE?” - Azuka Onwuka sad

Nigerian students have been failing WAEC Loong before Reality TV,Please address the problem.Falling standard of Education

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

List Of Fake Universities In Nigeria / FUTMinna Orders 100-Level Students To Withdraw / WAEC Announces New Fees For Delay In Collecting Certificate - See New Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.