Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,870 members, 7,889,912 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 01:12 AM

Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW (1536 Views)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Pastor Preaches To His Congregation From On Top Of His Hummer Jeep (Photo) / Congregation Of Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 10:55am On Aug 31, 2014
JW Leaks has published court documents relating to the million dollar financial fraud involving Rodney Hatfield and the Watsonville Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses in California, USA.

These court documents include the sealed 2009 Indictment, Rodney Hatfield’s plea bargain dated January 30, 2013, and the Criminal Minutes Sentencing Order summary dated September 16, 2013. Hatfield was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison in connection with his role in a conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

In pleading guilty on January 30, 2013, Hatfield admitted that he conspired with his co-defendant to obtain money from investors by means of materially false representations about the value of their investment accounts. Hatfield admitted that he defrauded members of his own Jehovah’s Witnesses congregation in Watsonville, California. As part of the conspiracy, he solicited millions of dollars in investment money from his fellow congregants and others to invest in Landmark Trading Company, LLC (“Landmark”), a company he and his co-defendant had set up as a holding company for the purpose of trading in foreign currency exchange.

Initially, Landmark did engage in some legitimate currency trades on behalf of its investors; however, the company quickly began to run a negative return on its trading activity. Rather than accurately report this negative trading activity to investors, Hatfield and his co-defendant distributed false reports to investors in e-mails that their trading accounts were profitable and increasing in value. While some investors did receive all or most of their principal back, Hatfield admitted his actions resulted in a net loss to investors of more than $1 million.

In his Plea Bargain, Hatfield stated:

“I agree that I am guilty of the offence to what I am pleading guilty, and I agree that the following facts are true: From January 2004 through December 23, 2008 . . . I defrauded members of my own Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Watsonville, California. With the assistance of Myers I solicited my fellow congregants and others.”

The sentence was handed down by the Honorable Edward J. Davila, United States District Court Judge, following a guilty plea on the first count of the indictment, a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1349. Judge Davila also sentenced the defendant to three years of supervised release following his term of imprisonment. Judge Davila did not impose a fine in light of the defendant’s financial circumstances. However, Judge Davila set a hearing for November 8, 2013, to determine the amount of restitution as well as set a reporting date for Hatfield to begin serving his sentence.

COURT DOCUMENTS

http://jwleaks.org/scandals/financial-fraud-watsonville-congregation/

Documents are in pdf format
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by theplanmaker: 2:20pm On Aug 31, 2014
how is Watsonville congregation involved in the fraud?
op, I don't know what your intentions are, but if you are trying to malign Jehovah's witnesses, this is a very weak attempt. A member of a congregation commited fraud, and you had to indict the entire congregation of Jehovah's witnesses?

2 Likes

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 2:27pm On Aug 31, 2014
theplanmaker: how is Watsonville congregation involved in the fraud?
op, I don't know what your intentions are, but if you are trying to malign Jehovah's witnesses, this is a very weak attempt. A member of a congregation commited fraud, and you had to indict the entire congregation of Jehovah's witnesses?

He was an Elder for crying out loud! Who defrauded his own congregation. JW's are always quick to point out stuffs like this in other christian groups as signs of a false religion when in fact they are not different from the "false religions"

1 Like

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by honeychild(f): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2014
yooguyz d homosexual pastor grin grin grin! You have not yet tire?!

You that used church funds to rent hotel room in South Africa so you can have homosexual affairs with a fellow pastor?

Is it because you haven't been taken to court for misappropriation of funds?! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by theplanmaker: 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yooguyz:

He was an Elder for crying out loud! Who defrauded his own congregation. JW's are always quick to point out stuffs like this in other christian groups as signs of a false religion when in fact they are not different from the "false religions"

Is he still serving as an elder? do you even know if he has been disfellowshiped? Jehovah's witnesses are not perfect people, we do have serious sinners like this, but there is something we do to them, its called "disfellowship" . that is why the congregation will never shield a wrongdoer. I'm sure you already know that. Jw have high moral biblical standards that they live by, and are knwn for. that is why a case like this is sensational

but then, you can go on hating....

2 Likes

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 4:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
theplanmaker:

Is he still serving as an elder? do you even know if he has been disfellowshiped? Jehovah's witnesses are not perfect people, we do have serious sinners like this, but there is something we do to them, its called "disfellowship" . that is why the congregation will never shield a wrongdoer. I'm sure you already know that. Jw have high moral biblical standards that they live by, and are knwn for. that is why a case like this is sensational

but then, you can go on hating....

Am sure he has been disfellowshiped, but the point am trying to make this thread is, there is no such thing as a perfect Christian leader. Like I said earlier JW's are quick to use things like this to generalize and categorize other christian groups as false religion.
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by BERNIMOORE: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
honeychild: yooguyz d homosexual pastor grin grin grin! You have not yet tire?!

You that used church funds to rent hotel room in South Africa so you can have homosexual affairs with a fellow pastor?

Is it because you haven't been taken to court for misappropriation of funds?! grin grin

pastor yooguyz is eating tithe money like tommorow no dey

chech out now https://www.nairaland.com/1881512/controversial-gay-pastor-yooguyz-fails
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2014

Hafa na loooong time! Haw ya side? grin

My marriage proposal of that day still stands oh grin

Quickly accept it before I change my mind.
Am just doing it to help single desperate old ladies like you. Since husband scarce for ya side wink
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by BERNIMOORE: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

Hafa na loooong time! Haw ya side? grin

My marriage proposal of that day still stands oh grin

Quickly accept it before I change my mind.
Am just doing it to help single desperate old ladies like you. Since husband scarce for ya side wink

you that cannot perform grin, your girlfriend that your daddy arranged was freezing out before you were advised to confess who you are, yoruba people call that okobo grin

https://www.nairaland.com/639119/romance-section-complaints-suggestions-thread/103#13968089
yooguyz [color=#000099]Mod please help me to remove this thread
http:/ am-a-guy-having-feelings-for-guys-help!
Its kinda very old. Thanks
!

chaiii na only you waka come o
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by BERNIMOORE: 10:01am On Sep 01, 2014

yooguyz father is the head pastor now, so like priest Eli in the bible, he keep pampering his son, even when sacrificial meat is being roasted on the alter, longthroath eli sons will put a fork and remove good part of the meat to eat, thats the way yooguyz father has been allowing yooguyz to steal sacred meats and corrupt the church, well dia ris God ooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by honeychild(f): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
Yooguyz:

Am sure he has been disfellowshiped, but the point am trying to make this thread is, there is no such thing as a perfect Christian leader. Like I said earlier JW's are quick to use things like this to generalize and categorize other christian groups as false religion.

the difference is that while JW do not tolerate such and "remove" the wrongdoer from their midst, other 'Christian' groups continue to allow such people take leadership position.

You are a prime example. What happened to your father's junior pastor who jntroduced you to homosexuality while you were supposed to be on crusade? I am willing to bet nothing

Why are you still pastoring a 3000 strong church despite your promiscuity? (Remember your thread about getting a girl to sleep with you on the first date?)

People like you and your junior pastor would have long been kicked out if they were JW grin grin
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 6:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
^^^ when you are ready to accept my marriage proposal, reply me. smiley
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
honeychild:

the difference is that while[b]JW do not tolerate[/b] such and "remove" the wrongdoer from their midst, other 'Christian' groups continue to allow such people take leadership position.

The bolded is a big lie. For example JW's have a policy that allows known child molesters who are elders to serve for three years.

Evidence of my claim is in this watchtower quote:

The 1972 book Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making stated:

"If a person was serving as an elder or a ministerial servant when he committed a serious wrong,even though it was some years ago, he bears a degree of reprehensibility, for he continued to serve in that position though knowing that he had, for the time at least, disqualified himself, not being then free from accusation. (1 Tim. 3:2, 10; Titus 1:6,7) He should have informed the judicial committee that he did not adhere to the requirements and should have stepped down from his position. In view of his failure to do this at that time, he would now be removed from that position."

The term some years ago was clarified shortly afterwards in the Kingdom Ministry 1972 p.8 as a time period of three years:

"What was meant by some years ago on page 170, paragraph two, in the Organization book? This indicates more than a year or two. It may be noted that it did not say many years ago. So it is not the exact number of years, but more like two or three years. It was not intended to have a brother go back into the distant past to bring up wrongs of which he repented years ago and that have evidently been forgiven by Jehovah and are not practiced now."

Bunch of self righteous hypocritical clowns!!
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by honeychild(f): 6:47pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yooguyz:

Bunch of self righteous hypocritical clowns!!

Fornicating, lying homosexual apostle! grin

www.nairaland.com/1119066/sex-first-date-guys-how

https://www.nairaland.com/1807818/she-stopped-picking-calls-after#24599343
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by honeychild(f): 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Now to reply to your quote.....when they say some of you should go to school you won't.Now you find it difficult to understand simple English. Why don't you invest a little in your education and make something of yourself instead of chasing after both male and female sexual encounters?

Anyway for the sake of people who may be reading this and may feel you are saying something, what that place means is that:

1. The elder committed a serious sin.
2. He did not tell anyone.
3. Two or three years have passed. Now it has come to light. The elder would still be made to face the consequences even a few years have passed.

Please apostle grin cheesy (it's so hilarious. Apostle!! grin...abeg who sent you? Certainly wasn't Jesus!) Go back to school. Rewrite your WAEC. This time pass English by yourself. Then maybe you won't misunderstand simple sentences.
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
Honeypikin be like grin grin grin

Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2014
honeychild: Now to reply to your quote.....Anyway for the sake of people who may be reading this and may feel you are saying something, what that place means is that:

1. The elder committed a serious sin.
2. He did not tell anyone.
3. Two or three years have passed. Now it has come to light. The elder would still be made to face the consequences even a few years have passed.

Well said, point made. But my question now to you and your types is,
WAS IT THE HOLYSPIRIT THAT DIRECTED THE gb TO APPOINT A FRUADULENT ELDER?

Jehovah's witnesses teach that the holyspirit direct its governing body in the selection of Elders.

Evidence of my claim is shown in this watchtower quote:

"Elders, for instance, are appointed by holy spirit. (Acts 20:28) But not all spirit-anointed ones serve as overseers in the congregation. What are we to conclude from this? Simply that God’s spirit operates in different ways on members of the congregation." Watchtower 2011 Dec 15 p.25

"First, holy spirit moved the Bible writers to record the qualifications for elders and ministerial servants. ... Second, those recommending and making such appointments specifically pray for Jehovah's spirit to direct them as they review whether a brother meets the Scriptural requirements to a reasonable degree. Third, the individual being recommended needs to display the fruitage of God's holy spirit in his own life. (Gal. 5:22, 23) So God's spirit is involved in all aspects of the appointment process." Watchtower 2014 Nov 15 p.28

Are you trying to say that the holyspirit knowing appointed a fraudulent elder?

Or

Is it possible that the governing body are not directed by the holyspirit?

Am waiting for answers.......
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by honeychild(f): 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2014
Yooguyz:

Well said, point made. But my question now to you and your types is,
WAS IT THE HOLYSPIRIT THAT DIRECTED THE gb TO APPOINT A FRUADULENT ELDER?

is it the Holy Ghost that directed you to be having random se.xual encounters with everyone you meet, whether male or female? Tufiakwa for you!
Re: Million Dollar Financial Fraud Involving Watsonville Congregation Of JW by Yooguyz: 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
honeychild:

is it the Holy Ghost that directed you to be having random se.xual encounters with everyone you meet, whether male or female? Tufiakwa for you!

grin grin grin grin

Someone please hold this kid she is losing it!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News*** MEND Claims Responsibility For The Scoan Disaster??? / Questions Concerning Tithes Offering. / Muhammad Forbid His Son in Law ( Fatima Husband) Marrying Another Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.