Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,443 members, 7,894,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:17 PM

ATF Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ATF Change (615 Views)

Synthetic ATF Not Just Synthetic Engine Oil / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / What Kind Of Transmission Fluid (ATF) Should I Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ATF Change by bimbor(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
Okay I've just been wondering, is the ATF inside the car supposed to last for the life of the car? Or is it supposed to be changed after covering some certain miles?
Please the house should shed some light on this issue.

Should the ATF be changed? If so, at what miles?
Re: ATF Change by Dizzybizzy: 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2014
bimbor: Okay I've just been wondering, is the ATF inside the car supposed to last for the life of the car? Or is it supposed to be changed after covering some certain miles?
Check vehicle owner's manual. It should be there.

1 Like

Re: ATF Change by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
bimbor: Okay I've just been wondering, is the ATF inside the car supposed to last for the life of the car? Or is it supposed to be changed after covering some certain miles?

Inspiredm, on the ATF dipstick of your toyota camry, it says its not necessary to change ATF unless you drive in tough terrain or other challenges, But I recommend you check if your ATF start having sediments, darker colour, smell and change it.
cheers Bimbor AKA inspiredm!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Issue / 2016 Nissan Altima SL Review / I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.