Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,046 members, 7,909,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:44 PM

Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce (4817 Views)

The Oyakhilome's Divorce: Where Are Pastors Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oritsejafor. Etc? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Divorce Courses Controversy Among Christ Embassy Membe / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Divorce Anita? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 8:15am On Sep 03, 2014
PastorKun:

Abeg sharrap, I have never been known to be biased on this forum. I always stand for the truth even though you and your cohorts hate the truth.

the above is sooooo funny eh, it now looks like sarcasm, am like Bidam, come and see o grin

so now, what's the truth about DB's all time low in creating a new account just to nail Chris Oyakhilome on his (DB's) cross of bitterness? undecided
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 8:29am On Sep 03, 2014
Gombs:

so now, what's the truth about DB's all time low in creating a new account just to nail Chris Oyakhilome on his (DB's) cross of bitterness? undecided

Am I DB Why don't you go and ask DB himself? DB's position against Oyak's fraudulent a randy ways is well documented on this forum so I don't see why he needs to create a new username to state the obvious.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Joagbaje(m): 8:57am On Sep 03, 2014
PastorKun:

Abeg sharrap, I have never been known to be biased on this forum. I always stand for the truth even though you and your cohorts hate the truth.

THIS GUY IS VERY VERY FUNNY

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I won't blame you anyway . Hitler believes he was a good man too. !

Proverbs 21:2
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes:
but the Lord pondereth the hearts

3 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 9:01am On Sep 03, 2014
PastorKun:

Am I DB Why don't you go and ask DB himself? DB's position against Oyak's fraudulent a randy ways is well documented on this forum so I don't see why he needs to create a new username to state the obvious.

see your biasness? grin grin grin
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by BERNIMOORE: 9:17am On Sep 03, 2014
women becoming a pastor while their husband is the G.O has no basis in the bible, but an attempt to build a family dynasty using people's funds unjustly for selfish interest,

1 Corinthians 14:33, 34

33for God is not a God of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. 34The women are to keep silent in the churches; for they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says. 35If they desire to learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is improper for a woman to speak in church

37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord

1 Timothy 2: 11, 12

…11A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. 12[b]But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet[/b]. 13For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve
.…

the result of not following these verses is what we see now

if you doubt me, wait and see how the court will share the church's properties and assets between husband and wife, and this will be AN EYE OPENER to many who just blindly jump to defend these businesmen,

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 10:03am On Sep 03, 2014
BERNIMOORE:

if you doubt me, wait and see how the court will share the church's properties and assets between husband and wife, and this will be AN EYE OPENER to many who just blindly jump to defend these businesmen,

Bolded is very instructive.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
OF PASTORS, DIVORCE AND SCANDALS

The current news of the divorce between the General Overseer of one of the most prominent
churches in Nigeria , Pastor Chris and his wife , Anita Oyakhilome is just about going viral. I have seen a lot of speculations on social media from Christian and non -Christians alike which has made me to reflect on the thoughts I am putting down.

I am not a fan of Pastor Chris; neither do I attend his church . The closest I have been to him and his wife is to stumble on his programmes while flipping through the channels on television . A colleague of mine from work gave me one of their books , Rhapsody of Realities for kids by Pastor Anita, which I used with my kids for a few weeks .

I have concluded that in sum total , people have been blessed by the ministry of Pastor Chris and his wife despite my reservations . People have been saved , healed and delivered through their ministry. He has made a positive contribution to the society , amidst scandals .

Musicians such as Sinach , Frank Edwards , Samsong , through the platform provided by the Oyakhilomes, have been able to express their gifting and are a blessing to the body of Christ and a source of pride to
Nigerians . I am sure that we Nigerian Christians have at least one of their albums , or know at
least of their songs.

A few thoughts came to my mind concerning the separation and eventual divorce of these dear Pastors : No Christian enters into marriage with the
intention of divorce: I can imagine the early days of the Oyakhilomes when all they had was a calling and a dream, with hopes of spending their lives building the kingdom of God together . The thought of divorce may have been as far from them as the thought of going to hell . The truth is, hardly anyone enters into marriage thinking ‘ OK, we’ ll stay married for a couple of years, then after that we will get a divorce’; at least not in God’ s kingdom . Most , if not all of us enter into
marriage expecting the best to come out of it, and expecting the best from our spouse .

Dynamics change, challenges come, churches grow , marriages crack.

Divorce is painful : The process of divorce is painful , no matter who you are . Your souls are
knit together in marriage , and the separation will leave pain and open wounds that need to heal . After all is said and done and we remove our masks , the pain of separation still lingers , and need to be healed.

When one member suffers, we all suffer: Have you ever hit your small toe or your finger on
something ? The pain is not isolated to the small toe or finger alone. The whole body is uncomfortable, although varying degrees of discomfort . That is the way we are as the body of Christ . No matter how we analyze what could have gone wrong and share the news or talk about it ; as long as we proclaim the Lordship of Jesus , we are all members of one body: the Body of Christ . When one of the members suffers , the whole body suffers with it. We cannot isolate ourselves from the secret and open battles of
Christians leaders.

Marriage is commitment to hard work: We end to take it for granted that once we are Christians and we get married , we will live happily ever after,
conflict free. While I believe that Pastors Chris and Anita made an effort in their marriage and
kept it to the point where it is now, a lot of us tend to take for granted the fact that building our
marriage is an intentional and proactive process . Simply put , marriage is work : hard work. In
marriage we love , and then we learn to love ; we cherish and we learn to cherish, we trust , and we learn to trust , we obey and we then again , learn to obey . If we don’ t tend our garden , it will grow weeds and some of these weeds will grow and fill
the whole garden , choking the plants . Pastors are people too : We all breathe the same air , eat the same food , relate with the same people and have the same problems , go through the same temptations . The difference between those divorced or facing scandal and the rest of
us is that ‘ but for the grace of God there go I' We cannot afford to judge and point fingers at
what we could have done or would have done. We need do not know how much heat we can take until we get into the oven .

What We can Do

Pray for the Pastors : Church members , body guards , good music and all the glamor of their
ministry cannot shield them from the pain of the open wounds of divorce. It is our responsibility to pray for them . The decisions they make will
ultimately be theirs , but we can pray for God ’ s guidance and peace .

Work out your Salvation ( Your marriage) with fear and trembling

Marriage is one institution
that can be destroyed by both errors of commission and omission. Don’ t take things for
granted . Loving someone and adjusting your life to fit theirs is a very humbling process . Learning to like your spouse when your expectations are
dashed takes an extra dose of grace. Learning how to love what your spouse loves and hate
what your spouse hates spells selflessness and commitment. We were not born with all these
loving qualities and we have to learn them . Just like a field grows whatever you plant in it , if you plant seeds you will reap the harvest.

Work it .

Don’t assume that it can never happen to you: This is the biggest and most dangerous form of deception. While I am not saying that we should start fearing divorce at the smallest
disagreement and conflict we have with our spouses, we should also not fall into the wrong assumptions that problems will just go away .
Unresolved issues can grow into deep seated problems and irreconcilable differences. Watch it . Remember that the devil is not attacking a particular pastor or reverend , he is attacking the
Church . The bigger the scandal , the juicer the story . Manage information properly and don’ t be used to spread wrong information. Remember that they have children , they have extended family, and they have a life .

Finally , invest in your spouse and your marriage . Spend time together with a focus of building a good relationship. It is never too early nor too late.

Now unto Him that is able to preserve our spirit , soul and body unto the coming of our Lord. Faithful is He that has called us , and will also do it.

Peace .

Culled from The Woman of Virtue Network

www.bayoadeyinka.com/bayoadeyinka/index.php/bloghome/entry/of-pastors-divorce-and-scandal

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
A rebuttal:

RE: OF PASTORS, DIVORCE AND SCANDALS

This article should not be taken as a strict rebuttal of the above titled article published through The Woman of Virtue Network. The reason being that that article is written as an admonition to Christian couples about safe guarding their marriages. I agree completely with that aspect of the article because I am married. Any Christian couple must not gloat over a divorce case; we are also in the flesh and can face similar temptations. My trouble however with the article is its use of a natural challenge that can befall couples, that is divorce, to seemingly offer a soft landing for Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. I shall be arguing in this piece that Christian Oyakhilome deserves what has befallen him because men must reap what they naturally have sown.

I begin my discuss by saying that scripture recognizes that a christian can sin and offers ample solution for this. In fact this is the reason our Lord and Savior died (1John 1:8-9). Scriptures, however, has no solution for a "Christian" that makes a practice of sin (1John 3:9). In fact this scripture says boldly that Christians do not sin or do not make a practice of sin. When we juxtapose the reasons for divorce offered by Anita Oyakhilome, adultery, with the plethora of allegations that have been making the rounds on the internet and the the print media about Pastor Chris not living with his wife; his nocturnal activities with lady pastors in the ministry, married and unmarried; his being caught in compromising positions with women in his matrimonial home while his wife is away in the UK; one is left with no choice than to believe that Christian Oyakhilome is not a saint and has a cupboard full of skeletons. Every married man reading this text must agree that our wives will shield and protect us, no matter the situation. How many women have beaten to their death and still will not utter a word to outsiders in a bid to protect their man. Women are designed by God this way and we men must thank God for this if not... hmm(?)

What's will make a woman come out to the public and declare that her husband, who is supposed to be a Christian minister, is an adulterer, must be likened to the proverbial driving of a goat to the wall who then turns around to attack when left with no choice. Reports making the rounds on the internet, especially that of the group sponsoring a Facebook campaign asking "Where is Pastor Anita Oyakhilome" reveals that this seemingly charming, quiet and committed mother of two of Chris' children had been pastoring the UK branch of the church but was suddenly removed from her post sometimes towards the end of last year. No reason was given to her church people for this. Rather, when the cacophony of protest about her whereabout was reaching a peak, Christian Oyakhilome went to the church and read out the riot act to them. In front of everyone and their first daughter, he said unprintable things about his wife. And stated that the church is not a democracy and if anyone is unhappy about what he has done with removing his wife from office, they can get out of the ministry. A few weeks later, Anita served papers of divorce to him on the basis of adultery. The Facebook group had alleged in earlier posts that Chris was having too close a relation with women in the church and that his wife should not be punished for protesting. Anita's action were simply those of a woman who had had enough.

What I have written so far is basically what can be seen and deduced from the dilemma befallen Chris Oyakhilome. But this itself is not the real problem with him, his church or churches like his. The real problem is not what they are doing in these churches; the problem is what they BELIEVE in these churches. The problem is doctrinal not practice. The underlining doctrine of the Christ Embassy Church, like many other Pentecostal churches in Nigeria and around the world is doctrinal. These churches preach a Word of Faith gospel. The result is that the pastors and the people under them believe in prosperity, success, healing, breakthoughs, deliverances, and blessings. These doctrines are the overarching teachings in these churches and the result is what we are seeing around us: first with the Ese Walters and Biodun Fatoyinbo saga and now Christian Oyakhilome adulterous relationship. These churches are convinced that these are the teachings of scripture. We argue otherwise. We tell them that if the true doctrines of scriptures are taught in churches, the result will be righteousness, peace and joy in the Spirit amongst God's people. If however another gospel is taught in the church the result will be scandals, cases of adultery, lies, theft, cheating, divorce and all kinds of demonic activities. Our own Lord and Master Jesus Christ had told us that false prophets will abound in the end times and the way to know them is by observing their fruits: the outcomes of their lives.

I am not advocating a holiness movement. That unfortunately is what people propose in place of a prosperity gospel. Both of them are on unhealthy extremes. I am advocating the true teaching of a gospel of grace in the body of Christ. Jesus Christ came to earth to die for all men's sins. We must preach this gospel and believe it. We must understand that in the gospel, God had given man not only power for salvation but also for right living. And the litmus test as to whether the gospel we have heard is a true one or a false one is to patiently observe the fruit it is bearing in the lives of it's advocate. I am debating here that the true gospel possesses in itself grace to empower men's lives for holy living (Hebrew 13:9). This holiness is not the result of following church prescribed rules or bodily discipline; rather it is the effect of God's Holy Spirit in the heart of each believer, instructing on the path of righteousness and empowering us also. In this sort of holy living, no man can boast. We know we are what we are by the grace of God alone. We live our lives indebted to this grace.

What we find in churches like Christ Embassy is a perverted version of this gospel of grace. That's when we begin to hear of "another level of grace". When a man is beneficiary of true grace, he becomes a slave to the laws of God written on his heart. He doesn't use his liberty to sin. These churches pervert the gospel further by teaching that the cross has not only secured a heaven for us up there but has also secured one down here. The only trouble with this teaching is that Jesus and his apostles taught of a heaven up there, while reminding us that that here on earth we have no abiding home (Hebrew 11).

The gospel of prosperity is ruining the soul of Pentecostal churches in Nigeria. Today, churches make it compulsory that members give a tithe of their income; pay firstfruit - their January salary; and give without reservations. This is giving churches too much access to easy money. My investigations show that no other church is more culpable in this matter than Christ Embassy. The result is that the leaders of these churches are living in obscene wealth. And with the coming of money also comes it twin - the root of all evil. All sort of demonic activities begin to break loose in church organizations. In some extreme cases, people have had people murder to cover up malpractices in the handle of church finances. If anyone where to question the way church finances are handled, they are labelled devils and thrown out. Of course the church leader that has little discipline and permits the money and power he has assumed to get to his head, will forget that he is co-equal with his wife and begin to despise her and treat her like thrash. He may also choose to ship her out to a foreign and comfortable country so that he can enjoy greater liberty. This is the making of Christian Oyakhilome's troubles. He is not to be pitied, we only need to learn from him.

Finally, we must be careful what we call church and who we call Christians. Righteousness and truth is the foundation of the church of Jesus Christ. Where these are lacking you have a den of thieves. We must also beware of who we call a Christian. Christians may err but predominantly they bear the fruit of the Spirit. It is Christians and the church, the true church, scripture enjoins us to pray for. As for charlatans and false prophets, the bible commands us to beware if them and not to pray for them.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
OPEN LETTER TO PASTORS CHRIS AND ANITA

Our dear Anita: I am addressing this letter to you because I know that it is you who will hold the key to triumph over the challenges that have recently raised their ugly heads in your family and in your ministry. I am convinced that even if you don’t read this letter directly from me, some of the numerous members of Christ Embassy across the globe could read it and draw your attention to the words of an old man who is pretty much in the same calling as you and your husband are. I am writing this from my home: The Vicarage, St. Matthew’s Church of England, Stratford, E15 4JX, where my wife, Christy is the Vicar, and the co-ordinating Chaplain of Westfield, Stratford City.

We were all taken aback when we read about your intention to file for a divorce against your husband, Pastor Chris. It was a scandal, Anita, and you must not let it happen.

I need not tell you that in today’s world, many factors tend to get in the way of successful marriages. It is, therefore, practically impossible to recommend a general panacea for all the troubles that can hamper the success of any marriage. But in all our travails, as Christians, we must bear in mind the fact that in a very profound sense, marriage is the most intimate of human relationships, involving sharing a person's entire life with his or her spouse. By its very nature which emphasizes conjugal love, the institution of marriage is ordained for procreation and for the ultimate education of children who come from such marriages. It calls for self- surrender to the other spouse, a surrender that is
so intimate and complete that spouses become "one," not only in body, but also in soul, without necessarily losing their individual identities. As the servants of God, you must ask yourselves where the ultimate education of your children comes into this divorce prompting. If this divorce actually takes place, how would your daughters who you are preparing to become future leaders in the church and mothers in the family feel, knowing they come from a broken home? And how do your numerous followers interpret your individual identity with reference to your commitment to family and church?

There is an African adage that says: there is no age when a man can say: ‘I have known it all’. That adage also applies to the institution of marriage. No one can claim to know all there is in that human relationship called marriage. It is a university. Those in it learn by the day from it. And most times, the lessons come in different shapes, culminating in various experiences. As a result, the marital experiences of people actually differ one from another, depending on circumstances and such factors as upbringing, environmental pressure and work demands. In all of these, no one can claim to have a ready answer to all the myriads of problems that couples face daily in their marriage relationships. It is even more complicated these days when people marry for various reasons that can range from legal, social, emotional and economic needs to spiritual stability or upliftment. But no matter the reason a couple gets married in the first place, the demands of marriage remain ultimate and constant. Husband and wife must have a unity of purpose in all their undertakings. In short, they must be seen as, and remain, “an item” in the eyes of their society.

Many of your admirers across the globe want to believe that work pressure, which is pressure from those you work with or think you are
working with, is responsible for this undesirable development of you, Anita, filing for a divorce against Chris. The truth they want to believe is that not only has Satan attended service at Christ Embassy, just as he attends services in all churches that are reputed to be doing well, he is
waiting to receive Holy Communion! He has penetrated your ministry and is using your work force to direct you. That is the challenge. Don’t forget that God allowed Satan to sift the quality of those who profess to worship Him. God cannot be mocked. If Satan wins this battle, then God was never in your Ministry in the first place. Your millions of admirers across the globe will be greatly disappointed but they will not make any mistake about the truth.

You sure must know that your admirers, even from other Christian denominations are in their millions. Many of them look up to you as their role model. Think again. Must you let them down? Is this idea of divorcing Chris so binding? Think about it again. Is this not selfishness? Here in England, many homes break up, with their families torn apart. But when you look at the situation closely, you find that selfishness on the part of one of the spouses was the fundamental reason the family broke up. Should that be the testimony of your Ministry? Would you allow material things like money or alleged sexual indulgence destroy your Ministry and make a mockery of all you have invested into it? To remain married, spouses must be ready for a long-term commitment in every conceivable respect, financially, emotionally and in terms of
maturity and ageing.

Having said this much, I would like to quickly point out that there are many things about marriages, especially among Christian Families
that are often taken for granted. One of them is the sacrosanct promise publicly recited by couples in front of their witnesses, and in front of
God. They usually vow to love, cherish and respect each other “until death do us part!” Think about the admonition God gave Adam in the Holy Book. Adam and his wife Eve were the first recorded couple on earth, according to our Christian belief. God created the Garden of Eden for them, with all the glamour and beauty that the scenic environment portrayed, just as He has prospered Christ Embassy. The Holy Book mentions that husband and wife explored the Garden naked. They were not ashamed of their unclothedness. They must have been as innocent as a newly born child. That was how God wanted them to be – innocent. God specifically told Adam not to eat of the forbidden fruit in the centre of the Garden of Eden. God told him: “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat; for in the day that you eat of it, you shall surely die.”

The serpent, described in the Holy Book as “more cunning than any beast of the field that the Lord had made” prevailed on Eve and she convinced her husband to disobey God and eat of the forbidden fruit. But Adam lived for many more years before his physical demise. It means that God was not talking about the physical death of Adam. God meant that Adam would diespiritually. Adam’s spiritual death was not interpreted at the time God told him he would die if he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. No one knew the mind of God when He spoke to Adam about the tree. But God’s decree happened. The spiritual death of Adam and his wife ushered sin and death into the world. For disobeying God, Adam died spiritually and his death distanced him and his wife from God. By the same token, modern marriages can die spiritually. When husband and wife fail to upkeep their vow to cherish, love and respect each other; when selfishness and the desire to be the one left standing at the end of the day is inadvertently at the centre of their relationship; when the ill-conceived advice of “frienemies” (half friends and half enemies) holds sway in their marriage, that union is doomed to spiritual death. The couple will be separated from each other, just as Adam was separated from God. The couple may still be living together as Adam and Eve continued to live in the Garden of Eden. But in the spirit, they have been disconnected from God who brought them together initially.

Yes. Even the Elders and Pastors of Christ Embassy are not free from all this. They too have a case to answer. No Christian marriage can simply crash without series of warnings. And we make haste to ask: where were the Elders and other Pastors of Christ Embassy when this entire trouble started? Where were they when it continued and when it was allowed to escalate to this world-wide level? Where were they? What did they observe? What was revealed to them, even in their prayers? And what did they do tosalvage the ugly incident that was coming on to daint the image of Christ Embassy?

Anita and Chris, you must surely know that the devil is at work in your Ministry. You must not let this happen. Millions of your admirers out there will be very disappointed. Don’t listen to those frienemies of yours who are pretending to advise you genuinely, because they are not. You are beautiful, Anita. Chris is handsome. And I am sure this combination of beauty and brain is what has attracted so many people to you and to your ministry. Call Chris to prayer over this challenge, and withdraw the suit from court. That is what all your admirers feel you should do. Don’t allow money or things of the flesh to come between you and the love of God expressed in you as a great woman of God.

Pastor Benny Hinn had this temptation. The devil set a booby trap for him. His family was tearing apart. But he overcame the gripping power of the Evil One. He triumphed. And today that testimony stands strong in his favour and profile. The world is watching, hoping that you prove who you really have been. Your children are waiting, not to be stigmatised with the label of children who came from a broken home. Christians all over the world are praying that as a great woman of God, God Himself will reveal the future of this divorce road you appear to have followed to you, Anita. And we all believe that you will triumph over this period and live to give testimony of God’s goodness in your life. Paul is advising you in Ephesians 6:10 to be "strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full amour of God, so that you can takeyour stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggles are not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against spiritual forces of evil in heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you will be able to stand your ground.”

Paul himself summarises this challenge that seems to be rocking your family and ministry in 2 Corinthians 6: 3-10: “We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that your ministry will not be discredited. Rather as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance, in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonour, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, yet possessing everything.”

* Mr Asinugo is a London-based journalist and
columnist.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/open-letter-pastors-anita-and-chris-oyakhilome-having-nothing-yet-emeka-asinugo
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Gombs(m): 12:50pm On Sep 03, 2014
Well, the thread's title has been changed, my bit has been said, hence this thread is no longer any business of mine... DB can go ahead with his usual essays and epistles (I wonder when he'd learn long write ups get to ger one bored to read)

Cheers y'all!

*Unfollows thread!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Goshen360(m): 1:39pm On Sep 03, 2014
Joagbaje:

There's no evidence it's just satanic rumoour .

I will like to call on loyal and dedicated members of CE to speak or say something about the on-going news flying around about divorce of their pastor. I have been reading many threads and haven't read any of them come out to tell us what the truth is or why the name\information of Pastor Christ wife was removed from the website.

We await the CE, come out as you would always say something about your gathering, this matter also affect your gathering.

cc:

Joagbaje
Gombs
Mabel
mbaemeka (not sure if he's a member of CE but my assumption)
etc.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2014
Goshen360:

I will like to call on loyal and dedicated members of CE to speak or say something about the on-going news flying around about divorce of their pastor. I have been reading many threads and haven't read any of them come out to tell us what the truth is or why the name\information of Pastor Christ wife was removed from the website.

We await the CE, come out as you would always say something about your gathering, this matter also affect your gathering.

cc:

Joagbaje
Gombs
Mabel
mbaemeka (not sure if he's a member of CE but my assumption)
etc.

There nothing for them to say.

The media, both electronic and print, is awash with information on the divorce saga.

This is thread is dedicated to publishing as many information on it as one can find.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Goshen360(m): 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
^^^^ Okay. I will give them some time to speak and in the end, I will give my opinion as regards the whole issue in light of the scripture. Everyone stay blessed!!!
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Another opinion...

researchQ:

Revelation From Anita Oyakilome's Close Friend

In the wake of the divorce proceedings between Chris and Anita Oykahilome, there have various reports by church
members of the Christ Embassy International. The latest is from a founding church member, Cyla Simpson who took
to the controversial Facebook page to talk about the Anita Oyakhilome. According to her, ” I am writing this to
everyone with a heavy heart. It is heart wrenching to see the way people are referring to Rev Anita and how
uncultured people are while talking. You don’t need to be derogatory or condescending to express yourself no matter
your level as a christian. First I would join true Christians around the world to appeal to Rev Anita but would say
listen to God rather than man.

“I want to appeal to everyone to please pause and think deep because whatever a man sow, he shall surely reap. This
is like beating a child like Ibo elders will say and still take the tears from the child. Take a step aside and think. Is
there a woman who will give up her home on flimsy excuse, if no why are we so callous and insensitive in this
matter. I am a married woman and so are many reading this, or you have a mother, a sister or daughter. If you are
happy for them to go through whatever brought Rev Anita to this level please continue with your judgemental
approach towards her. And the God of truth will visit everyone with same except if there was no cause. Amen!!!
“I have read some accusing her of money and power motivation. PLEASE LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE PASTOR
ANITA I KNOW AS MOST OF YOU YOUNG ONES IN NIGERIA DO NOT HAVE MUCH OF AN ENCOUNTER WITH HER.
Rev Anita has been my pastor for about 13 years now. I am one of the founding members of her church and I have
seen her grow a church from using all any available venue while planting more churches in faith sending her best
member out to start a new church, from two churches in England has grown to churches in almost every borough and
cities. Rev Anita will see anyone and everyone regardless of your status.

“If she ever kept you waiting, she will apologise profusely throughout the meeting and make it good to you. Rev Anita
without an office will still counsel us even in her car on Wednesday night after church yet she has 1hour 30mins drive
back home with 2 young girls. For so long she was driving a volkswagon golf until 2005 that we bought her a BMW
X3 and she still refused to drive it for many months until she was begged to use it so that we can be blessed. She
used the same car until 2010/2011 and the replacement she had then is still what she used till her last day in church
last year.

“We begged her to come around for us to celebrate her birthday but she will still go into hiding. On her return the
little song we will do for her, she will return it to Rev Chris in thanksgiving. Any money you give her she sends it
straight to church account or Loveworld TV. If we ever raise money for her birthday she ask us to go and use it for
evangelism or send it to Loveworld TV. When you give her any material thing, regardless of the shop you purchased it,
she will use it for you to see and thank you as long as she sees you for the gift.

“At Christmas, while service was on up to 2013 christmas she will give almost everyone in church gift. Foodstuff will
be dropped at your side as service. She will specially take care of the elderly, help you settle down when you arrive in
the country. No barren left without children as she will make it her project until it happens. So how come people came
up with this terrible accusation. You accused her of being rude to some CEC members. Wow. This is wicked. First for
so long, she was the Vice President and others have other positions. I thought husband and wife are one.

“She raised 2 girls in this society and the 2 girls are admirable, humble, down-to-earth children. They are children
not a reflection of the home they grew. Pastor Chris was not around. He came to our church on Fathers’ Day
sometimes ago and he told us one of the daughters’ requested for it as her birthday gift – how touching and how she
treasures her dad’s presence. She could ask for material thing but she asked for his presence and we all are here
judging them. I remember these girls will politely beg me to allow them carry my baby and they will play with him
and when they bring him back, they will thank me for letting them carry him and I’m surprised because I should thank
them for helping me. And they do same to other mothers in the mothers’ area where we sit in church. Is it not what
they saw their mum do, they are not class-freak.

“I remember that visit of Pastor, Rev Tom talking said we may not value what we have. That she is the grace in the
CEC. If they all condemn someone, she will see a good reason to embrace the person and she has always been right.
Rev Chris said at one IPPC that most changes we see here in the ministry, she in her simple way brought them and
that was the day he spoke about how she talked about the effort we put into publicity of programme but that same or
more should be put in telling what the Lord did in that programme when its over. So what changed now, because she
is asking for a change.

“I have read all the messages here by some writers, the news is all over our church and I have taken my time to find
out what is really happening and to the much available, below are the things Rev Anita is asking for:

- She told Rev Chris that you are such an organised person, you give us almost a full year calendar on Dec 31st of
every year, please put the family in the timetable too. The times you don’t have any engagement, please come home.
I need you and the children need you. Please bear in mind she has been here since 1999 and she was just about 30
years old then as a married woman with 2 children. So for almost 16 years of her marriage, no husband at home for
straight 1 week, no dad at home for the children. No christmas, yet he has party with the staff that we all watch at
Christmas. Even Jesus always withdrew from the crowd to fellowship with his father.

- She asked Rev Chris that on hearing of the immorality, ‘not holding it against you but let all these ladies move out
of White House and go and get houses outside. They are rich enough to buy houses at their place of choice if they
don’t already have one and allow them marry. Who benefits from this choice, is it not everyone? So which is her
offence in this. And Rev Chris did not agree to it. The brothers even said they went to have meeting with him in South
Africa to beg him to at least meet her half-way but he refused. 2 public responses are the emergency Bible study
after their meeting with him titled – Spirit of Error and Spirit of Truth, please flash back at this meeting or relisten to
it and after so much call in the UK for him to produce our mother, he had meeting with our pastors and deacons in
May and it is recorded that many left the meeting weeping for the way he described our mother that some have had
lifetime experience with.”

http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2014/09/why-rev-anita-must-divorce-chris.html
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
I’m Done With Pastor Chris; No Going Back On Divorcing Him – Wife

Church members and other well-wishers hoping the matrimonial squabble between popular televangelist, Chris Oyakhilome and his wife, Anita, would be resolved in no time should forget
it as Mrs. Oyakhilome has ruled out the possibility of ever reconciling with her estranged
husband.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES, through her lawyers, Mrs Oyakhilome said her relationship with Pastor Chris had terribly degenerated that there is no room for any reconciliation or out-of- court settlement.

This newspaper had contacted Mrs. Oyakhilome through her lawyers, Attwaters Jameson Hill
Solicitors, after news broke that she had filed for divorce, to enquire whether any out-of-court settlement option was being explored.

In their response Tuesday, her attorneys said there was no chance the estranged couple would ever live as husband and wife again.

“It is with great sadness that our client, Pastor Anita Oyakhilome, has come to the conclusion
that her marriage to Pastor Christian Oyakhilome has irretrievably broken down and regrettably there is no hope of any reconciliation,” said Stephen Goddard, Business Development
Manager of Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors.

From early this year, there had been speculation that the marriage between Mr Oyakhilome, the founder of Believers Love World (aka Christ
Embassy), and his wife, who is also Vice- president of the ministry, was collapsing.

Some church members even set up a Facebook page, “Where is Rev Anita Oyakhilome”, in May dedicated to addressing the issue.

The church initially denied reports that the couple were estranged and possibly divorcing.

But TheCable news website reported on August 29 that Mrs. Oyakhilome had filed for divorce
since April 9, accusing Pastor Chris, as he is fondly called by his followers, of “adultery” and
“unreasonable behavior”.

Pastor Chris has denied the allegations. He however warned church members against analyzing his problem with his wife adding that the church is not a political party.

He said his wife is a bitter and angry woman who is being influenced by bad friends who are out to seek his downfall.

The pastor added that most pastors’ wives usually think they are equal to their husbands
after they get married.

He said his wife wanted to overpower the authorities of the elders she met when she joined the Christian ministry.

As the divorce battle rages, Mrs. Oyakhilome’s profile has been pulled down from the church’s
website.

www.saharareporters.com/2014/09/03/i’m-done-pastor-chris-no-going-back-divorcing-him-–-wife
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
Oyaks response to this scandal is really pathetic, he is obviously so extremely arrogant and full of himself. His demise is really long over due.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 04, 2014
PastorKun: Oyaks response to this scandal is really pathetic, he is obviously so extremely arrogant and full of himself. His demise is really long over due.

Has he given any response? I have heard Anita's side, what did Rev Chris say in response?
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by hercules07: 12:38am On Sep 04, 2014
They are adults and humans, if they want to divorce let them go ahead, as far as I am concerned, they are all scammers.
Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by PastorKun(m): 6:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Donxavier:

Has he given any response? I have heard Anita's side, what did Rev Chris say in response?

His response was to delete everything pertaining to Anita from the church's website.

1 Like

Re: Opinion$ On Oyakhilome's Divorce by WinsomeX: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2014
Chris Oyakhilome threatens to sue journalist covering his pending divorce:

www..com/2014/09/pastor-chris-denies-adultery.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Pleases The Lord? - Paul Ellis / If The Bible Contains Truth, Why Has Noah's Ark Never Been Found? / No, The Muslim Jesus Is Not Even Close To The Jesus Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.