Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Here Are Additional 1000+ Beginner Programming Projects & Practice Problems - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Here Are Additional 1000+ Beginner Programming Projects & Practice Problems (1923 Views)

1000+ Beginner Programming Projects & Practice Problems / Simple Programming Projects For Beginners / Programming Projects (individual) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Are Additional 1000+ Beginner Programming Projects & Practice Problems by toshodei: 9:31am On Sep 01, 2014
Link ~> http://blog.programmersmotivation.com/2014/07/09/list-projects/

So here we go with the list :

Martyr’s Mega Project Ideas (110 Projects)

Although there are a lot of projects that can be of interest to beginner programmers, I would not recommend certain projects and would advice user discretion while selecting those projects. For eg. I would not recommend starting with Projects classified under Networking, Threading and Graphics for beginners as their first project. But do go for it if you reasonably confident that you can pull off. I do not recommend those because I knew I wouldn’t have managed to do finish things for my first project.

Rosettacode.org Programming Tasks (500+ programming tasks)

This is a very comprehensive list of programming tasks. It contains a combination of tasks and little games that you can build using your experience. The great thing about this site is that if you are not sure of how to implement a solution, you can see the code in different languages. But make sure that you attempt the problems before even trying to look into the code.

Project Euler (476 practice problems)

This is for math lovers. However anyone can practice some of these problems to get a good grasp of numbers and how basically numbers operate with the computers. I wouldn’t cl1assify these as Projects because they are smaller in nature but they are still good enough to be a mild challenge to beginners.

Coding Bat (140+ practice problems)

This is for Java and Python. This is an interactive website which allows you to type code into the browser itself and check for the solutions. Again this is a series of small problems that can really give motivation to a beginner programmer. There are multiple small problems to be solved which will help you to get good grasp of all the fundamentals of the language.

Beginner Projects in Reddit (22 Projects)

This is a good place to start with too. It contains projects of normal, medium and high difficulty. These can be coded in any programming language.

Beginner Projects list hosted in Github (93 Projects)

This page contains beginner projects and also links to code in Python, C++ and Javascript. This is an implementation in different languages for most of the projects listed in Martyr’s Project Mega Ideas

Daniweb Crucial projects for beginners (5 projects)

This contains 5 projects which will prove quite handy when you are starting to program. It tries to teach various basic concepts required in programming.

Code Abbey (122 problems)

This is similar to Project Euler, but without a lot of math in it. Math is a part of it. It contains wide variety of problems that are useful to the beginners.

Game Programming beginner projects (Python) - 49 Projects

If you love creating games in Python (Or any other language), this one is for you. It contains simple games to more complicated ones. You can choose a gaming project depending on the challenge level that is required. And also you can create these games in other languages too if you wish.

Want crazy project ideas from the internet?
The Internet Wishlist

You will like this if you wish to become an app developer. This web page contains a list of ideas that are generated by random people based on their thoughts and needs. Some of the ideas include simple and utility ones like “I want an app for finding baby sitters”, imaginative ones like “I want a website that helps me figure out what to put in my recycle bin” or absolutely crazy ones like “I wish there was an app that projected your imagination into the open”. It’s a fairly good read and it will give you an idea about different people’s tastes. You may or may not choose a project from this, but going through this list will definitely help you spice up your imagination.

The Idea Machine

This website is similar to The Internet Wishlist in that it contains ideas randomly generated by random people. A good read for improving your imagination.

Above Content is Aggregated from : Reddit.com, Quora.com, Google.com

My recommended projects for beginners
Calculator

This is one of the most common beginner projects. The reason being simplicity. This not only gives you good grasp of the basics of programming most importantly how to use math operators/functions/libraries. You can do this either using a GUI or in the command prompt using a menu driven calculator. You can also go for a scientific one, if you need a higher level challenge.

Pros:

Easy to build in any programming language
Teaches you basics of programming & problem solving
Usage of arithmetic operators / math functions and libraries
Teaches you code integration at a very basic level (when you try to do something like 6*8 + 20/5, you need to integrate different units together)
Teaches you to build basic GUI (In case you are building a GUI based calculator)
String Manipulation

This can contain a lot of sub-problems to solve like String comparison, Palindrome, Substrings, Splitting a sentence into individual words, Finding the number of occurrences of a word in a given paragraph, etc. As a next step, why not build a GUI listing each option and whenever we click the appropriate button, it takes us to the appropriate functionality.

Pros:

Teaches you problem solving w.r.t. strings.
Teaches you basics of string manipulation which you would use in mainstream development
Teaches you about string arrays
Reminder App

Why not build an application for setting reminders. You have used a reminder app in your life. Haven’t you? Now go ahead and try to build that. Try to understand how it works and try to implement it.

Pros:

Teaches you about Date time manipulation
Teaches you about multi-threading
Improves your problem solving skills
Alarm App

This one is similar to the reminder app. But you also get to play with multimedia files a bit. Once you are done with a basic alarm, try changing alarm tones each time you hit the snooze button and the next time alarm rings. And why not improvise a bit by playing a video file.

Pros:

Helps you to understand threading better
Allows you to play with multimedia files.
Improves your problem solving and thinking
Simulator games of your favorite sports

Sports lover? Why not try a simulator of your favorite sports. There is a reason I am asking you build a simulator game instead of the actual game. Making an actual sports game takes lot of work and it will be highly challenging for a beginner. But a simulator game will be more easier and might motivate you to go further. Start with something silly, for ex. a basic soccer simulator game. Then try to expand it by applying the logic. Think on the following lines. How will you deal with two teams playing against each other like Argentina and Nigeria. Which is the better team? Which team wins more often? How we can implement that logic inside code so that our simulator game more or less match the real world games.

Pros:

Helps you with pseudo random number generation
Helps you to understand how real world problems can be comprehended into something the machines will understand
Improves your problem solving skills

(1) (Reply)

Top 6 Quality Assurance Checklist For Web Developers / Programming Section -Not Much Going On Here / Want To Create A Music Playlist Using PHP, Ideas Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.