Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,310 members, 7,887,912 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:19 PM

ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze (2522 Views)

Defection: APC Bars Arthur Eze, Obi, Obiano / Major PDP Financier Arthur Eze Visits Buhari / How Jonathan Awarded $500m Defense Contract To Arthur Eze - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by pedrojustice: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
It was a bad day for Gov ernor Theodore Amaefule Orji, as he assembled a battery of illustrious per sonalities to celebrate the 23rd anniversary of the cre ation of Abia State in Umua hia last Wednesday.

Rather than effusive prais es, what came the way of the governor were a censure from no less a person than multi-billionaire, Chief Arthur Eze, who told the gathering dead pan that, “Abia State stinks.” Venue was the Michael Okpara Auditorium in Umuahia, the state capital, where the gov ernor had gathered illustrious citizens of the state, some of whom were to be given awards to mark the 23rd anniversary. In the session of comments that preceded the awards ceremony, Chief Eze was recognised to speak, and what he said, sent cold chill running down the spines of majority of the peo ple, particularly the governor. “Abia is stinking,” Eze, be lieved to have the largest oil bloc in Africa, bellowed. The audience was stupefied in shock, but more was to come. “Right from the Abia Tower in Umuahia, the rot hits you.

Abia State is now the dirtiest in the country. Garbage every where, along with bad roads. The people are really suffering, and you see it in their faces. Are there no elders in Abia again? If so, what are they do ing? What are the senators, the members of House of Repre­sentatives and other elected people doing? Nothing.” Then, pointedly, Chief Eze told the governor: “If you do not know what to do again, please write to Presi dent Goodluck Jonathan, and let him come to your aid. Abia State needs help.” Having given the gather ing a piece of his mind, Eze dropped the microphone on the floor, and walked out. It was a dazed Governor Orji who jerked himself out of stupor, and tried to rationalise what Arthur Eze had said. He told the crowd that the man was referring to the collapsed Port Harcourt / Aba Express way, which is a federal road. But the explanation sounded hollow to the governor him self, and after some time, he left the venue of the ceremony, without taking questions from journalists, as such oc casion would have demanded. Speaking on the incident, an associate of Chief Eze, told Daily Sun that the state of Abia State was really dispirit ing, with decay and despon dency everywhere. “I am sure most of the dignitaries qui etly agreed with Chief Eze, only that they could not do so openly. One must commend Chief Eze’s courage for being bold enough to speak out. Not many people can do so today. In Abia State today, there is the son of one of the elected of ficials, called The Wind, who is like a terror. He silences all opposition and deals ruthlessly with anyone in opposition to the government. So, not many people can speak out. But we must commend Chief Eze for his boldness and conviction.”http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=79662

2 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2014
Ok. Mak i just book space
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by sistar007(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2014
*Spreads mat*
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by naijareferee: 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
Who ever started this campaign against theodorty orji deserves an oscar.

11 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by DickDastardly(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
cheesy
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by DickDastardly(m): 1:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
naijareferee: Who ever started this campaign against theodorty orji deserves an oscar.
T.A na you? tongue
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by sovpounds(m): 1:41pm On Sep 01, 2014
Interesting.
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by cjrane: 1:48pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hopefully, Orji will know the people are not happy with the way he is running that great state.

Kudos to Chief Arthur Eze for not mincing words to speak directly to the man responsible for the retrogression of that previously leading SE state.

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by juliebest(f): 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
No be small thing o.
Kudos to cheif arthur eze.
Oya theodero orji, do something.

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Traveling Through ABA to Umuahhia Yesterday was the worst journey I ever embark,
Abia citizen should stand up and forcefully throw this T. Orji of a man out their state before it turns the state to an irreparable region.
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by enyice(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Killer punch!!!!

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
God bless Arthur eze for this. The absence of strict opposition in Abia is realy deterring economic transformation in that state.

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by osymerga(m): 3:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
Anambra indigens always underating other SE states,as if awka is heaven.But the man get mind go another man state dey yarb them,but im talk true sha....
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
Thank God for people like Chief Arthur Eze(eze n'ukpo Dunukofia) for saying the truth @ least d fool heard him. Saying that Abia stinks is an understatement, Abia is dead, let's call a spade a spade, TA Orji makes billions of money from Aba every month and yet there's nothing to show for it. For not being a sycophant I respect you my favourite millionaire Arthur1000. We the people of Abia needs a messiah, all we re asking is for good roads, my people is it too much to ask? just give us good roads, we ve been taking care of ourselves without the govt, we re not asking for food or free education just good roads which is our right to demand from the govt. Let God punish devil. Amen

2 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
Very good remark. grin angry

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Adeoba10(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
... Currently serving in Abia state, walahi, kudos 2 dat man 4 saying d truth... I need time travel 2 leave dis state.,. Orji no do well at all,

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Marotzke(m): 5:44pm On Sep 01, 2014
I am not defending T.A Orji., but people should know that Eze n' Ukpo is uncle to Orji kalu's Wife.
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
Marotzke: I am not defending T.A Orji., but people should know that Eze n' Ukpo is uncle to Orji kalu's Wife.
Is Arthur lying? U seem to be one Thief orji's otimkpu? Thief orji is worse than Ebola virus.

7 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Booked abeg
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Marotzke(m): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
DikeOha882: Is Arthur lying? U seem to be one Thief orji's otimkpu? Thief orji is worse than Ebola virus.
I am not and can never be TA Orji's Otimkpu. I am only placing Eze n'Ukpo's comments on a different perspective. You should know that in spite of any supposed misunderstanding between Orji kalu's wife and mother, Kalu have always shown maximum respect to his in laws and Anambra business people in general.

I don't know how old you were in 1989 , but i was there In Kalu's wedding, I remember Joe best Okoye was his best man. it was just like any Anambra’s big boys wedding. IKB, John Udeagbala, Mike Umeh (Mikky jagger), Tony Ubajiaka (Tony Montana) them were all there. All the people's club elder s were there. The Menakayas, Ezes, Nwankwu, everybody. Arthur 1000 then, now Eze n' Ukpo was there.

Fast forward now to 2014, most of the elders have passed on, Arthur is in charge of the conclave now. Ifeanyi Ubah, Andy Uba, Peter Obi (ministerial matter) have realized that and adjusted. if you expect the Godfather to side with anyone outside the family, then you don't know how Anambra affairs and to a major extension Igbo affairs are governed.

it is a call for TA to wise up or be consigned to oblivion. It has nothing to do with concerns for the poor or social development. Now if a member of this Mafia begins to show one or two progressive tendencies, the better.

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by acqiusitions042(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2014
Y
Marotzke: I am not and can never be TA Orji's Otimkpu. I am only placing Eze n'Ukpo's comments on a different perspective. You should know that in spite of any supposed misunderstanding between Orji kalu's wife and mother, Kalu have always shown maximum respect to his in laws and Anambra business people in general.

I don't know how old you were in 1989 , but i was there In Kalu's wedding, I remember Joe best Okoye was his best man. it was just like any Anambra’s big boys wedding. IKB, John Udeagbala, Mike Umeh (Mikky jagger), Tony Ubajiaka (Tony Montana) them were all there. All the people's club elder s were there. The Menakayas, Ezes, Nwankwu, everybody. Arthur 1000 then, now Eze n' Ukpo was there.

Fast forward now to 2014, most of the elders have passed on, Arthur is in charge of the conclave now. Ifeanyi Ubah, Andy Uba, Peter Obi (ministerial matter) have realized that and adjusted. if you expect the Godfather to side with anyone outside the family, then you don't know how Anambra affairs and to a major extension Igbo affairs are governed.

it is a call for TA to wise up or be consigned to oblivion. It has nothing to do with concerns for the poor or social development. Now if a member of this Mafia begins to show one or two progressive tendencies, the better.
I don't care who he is or who he married. TA Orji needs to hear the truth instead of living in his bubble. That man is very easily the worst governor in Nigeria. Thank God someone told him to his face.

2 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by idumuose(m): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2014
Hahahahahaha.Thordore Orji got a killer punch but did other newsprint carry this news? I smell lies here cos everyone knows the source(Orji Uzo Kalu owned sun newspapers)will never have any good thing to write about Chief Orji.

1 Like

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by cjrane: 7:45pm On Sep 01, 2014
Marotzke: I am not and can never be TA Orji's Otimkpu. I am only placing Eze n'Ukpo's comments on a different perspective. You should know that in spite of any supposed misunderstanding between Orji kalu's wife and mother, Kalu have always shown maximum respect to his in laws and Anambra business people in general.

[size=14pt]C'mon shataP !
You are not Igbo. If you were you will know Arthur Eze isn't speaking for Anambra or whatever! He is speaking as a concerned Igboman that has seen our key industrial city Aba go to the dogs under this Governor Orji.

Your anambra connotation to water down the truth in Eze's comment does not fly here.
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2014

so what you are trying to say is that Eze n'ukpo is not doing a good job by cautioning Thief orji? That his cautioning has undertone? You are saying because Orji Uzor married from Anambra that's why Eze is scolding thief ahamefula orji? From your write up, it shows that you have sympathy for thief ahamefula orji.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by UnknownT: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2014
Inasmuch that Arthur1000 is right, but the refuses are being dumped discriminately by the citizens of the state. The years we lived in Aba, there used to be a burrowpit along Aba PH exp way, but must people will leave the burrowpit and be dumping refuses on the Aba PH exp way. Look at how they have turned Osisioma park axis. Look at Alaoji, people count millions daily there but the environment is nothing to write home about. Any bad portion of the road in Aba is quickly turned to a refuse dumb. An Aba Nairaland resident will come here blaming Govt, afta he must have sent one of his children or househelps to go dispose dirts, does he care to know where the dirts are dumped? The blame wouldnt go solely to the state govt(maybe he shd be blamed for the poor state of infrastructure), the citizens deserve some too.
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by Marotzke(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2014
cjrane:

[size=14pt]C'mon shataP !
You are not Igbo. If you were you will know Arthur Eze isn't speaking for Anambra or whatever! He is speaking as a concerned Igboman that has seen our key industrial city Aba go to the dogs under this Governor Orji.

Your anambra connotation to water down the truth in Eze's comment does not fly here.
[/size]
When you get home tell your elders to ShataP. After that ask God to grant you comprehension and understanding. Did you see where I said Eze n' Ukpo is speaking for Anambra people? A representative of a political bloc is seeking influence using another's incompetence. This is what I am only highlighting. You think if TA was paying regular homage and identifying with Arthur this will happen? I only highlighted Kalu's relationship with Arthur and Anambra people; why they cannot criticize him. No matter how bad TA Orji is, he could never be equated to Mbadinuju. Yet we did not hear any pontifications from Eze. TA Orji is a bad Governor! Crucify him for all I care. Just be careful whose wares you buy for domestic consumption. In Anambra we limit them to federal and Abuja matters.
Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by eaglechild: 11:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
UnknownT: Inasmuch that Arthur1000 is right, but the refuses are being dumped discriminately by the citizens of the state. The years we lived in Aba, there used to be a burrowpit along Aba PH exp way, but must people will leave the burrowpit and be dumping refuses on the Aba PH exp way. Look at how they have turned Osisioma park axis. Look at Alaoji, people count millions daily there but the environment is nothing to write home about. Any bad portion of the road in Aba is quickly turned to a refuse dumb. An Aba Nairaland resident will come here blaming Govt, afta he must have sent one of his children or househelps to go dispose dirts, does he care to know where the dirts are dumped? The blame wouldnt go solely to the state govt(maybe he shd be blamed for the poor state of infrastructure), the citizens deserve some too.

Human beings have a tendency to behave irrationally sometimes when there is no law to guide them and if it is not enforced.

All you have written is no excuse for Aba to be dirty.

The blame will still lie on the government.

If they provide enough dumpsters which are emptied regularly, as well as enforce sanitation laws people will abide.

Media campaigns on refuse disposal can also help in reorientation of the residents.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by pedrojustice: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2014
i share the same view with Eze n' Ukpo that Abia stinks

Re: ABIA Stinks Says Billionaire Arthur Eze by tsolz150: 7:28am On Sep 02, 2014
Thank GOD the OP did not post pictures of that deplorable city..i dont wana puke this morning.
But the dude above me wicked gan grin
Oga Sheun,try and get us a censor button,this cant be a town in nigeria!!what a shame.and they are clamouring for biafra?is this how they wana build biafra?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of Isreali Soldiers And Palestinians You Never See / What if the president is impeached today? / Introducting Professor Yemi Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.