Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,062 members, 7,970,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 04:54 AM

Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? (12321 Views)

10 Things You Can Relate With If You Were Raised By Nigerian Parents / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / 9 Children Raised by Animals. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by Huney: 4:09pm On Dec 20, 2008
most kids now lie steal and fornicate however society in Nigeria does not openly encourage it. a teenager in Niger cannot open their mouth and tell ANY BODY (emphasis on any body) that they went out and got off with some boy in a club or party where in the UK if u have not kissed a boy b4 u leave secondary school they might find u a councillor to ask if u are mentally OK all on the free nhs budget
Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by slimfine(f): 6:31pm On Dec 20, 2008
I AGREE WITH YOU. TEENAGE PREGNANCY FOR WESTSIDE IS LIKE A NORM. AT NAIJA "HOW DARE YOU"

NAIJA TEACHES YOU TO RESPECT YOUR ELDERS BEING IT YOUR PARENTS OR NEIGHBOURS BUT HERE? YOU ARE LUCKEY IF A KID MAKE EYE CONTACTS.

SOME OF WEST SIDE KIDS ARE HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT WHEN THEY HAVE EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO GO TO HIGHER INSTITUTION. ANY NAIJA KID THAT IS NOT IN SCHOOL IS BECUASE HE OR SHE CANNOT AFFORD IT NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE LAZY BUMBS
Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by IGWEUSA(m): 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2008
U GUYS SHLD PAUSE A LITTLE BIT , because' THERE IS NO ARGUMENT HERE.

I   KNOW A 14 years OLD  NAIJA BOY [born n raised in us] ,  HE FIGHTS HIS FATHER  AND THREATENS TO CALL 911 FOR HIS FATHER

IF HE dears 2 wallop HIM.

AS FOR D MOTHER, SHE ONLY HAVE 2 BEG THE BOY ALL D TIME and luku luku like look.

WHO DEAR you to MISBEHAVE LIKE this 4 NAIJA, !

i rest ma case, :] lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by Emad(f): 5:21pm On Mar 30, 2009
@topic, buhhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin

better than who?? give me an example
Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by tiebe: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2009
Huney:

most kids now lie steal and fornicate however society in Nigeria does not openly encourage it. a teenager in Niger cannot open their mouth and tell ANY BODY (emphasis on any body) that they went out and got off with some boy in a club or party where in the UK if u have not kissed a boy b4 u leave secondary school they might find u a councillor to ask if u are mentally OK all on the free nhs budget
I beg ur pardon,but please is 'fornicate' the right word? I feel Nigerians are raised to be a bit hypocritical. Teen pregnancy is low because any teen who gets pregnant goes behind a tree and aborts wiv a hanger.her mama never finds out. Young children arent havent sex because they do it hidden while their parents think they're in sunday school. We know how to cover things up too well. So,its not that it does not happen. its just that we dont see it when it does!
I agree wiv every one who has said it doesnt matter where the child is raised. it all rests wiv the parents. My cousin's were born, and live in the states. they are about 7yrs and 8yrs old. they have never visited Nigeria. But as soon as you call their house,even the younger gal who's 4 will greet you in our language.you dont need to remind her.Meanwhile, my nieces who are in Nigeria here,you have to remind them to greet you.

I have also met some white children who see you and say a proper good afternoon and not a simple 'hiya'. (doesnt happen everyday,but it does happen).

Parents are generally lax wiv the way they bring up children these days.its just too bad. bringing them to Nigeria is just an excuse to let someone else do the hard work for you. You dont need to use guava trees to beat ur children into shape. there are ways.
Re: Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better? by mamamia2: 11:44am On Jun 15, 2010
Good contributions I must say.

Check out the stuff parenting is all about here:
http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Domesticating Nigerian Men / Tired Bachelor Looking For Purposeful Friendship / Have Your Parents Ever Apologized To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.